Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

rubadub wrote: »
    I didn't notice this last night, all I see online is 4x500ml diet cokes for 3.50.

They had plenty of the 8x330ml cans for 2.70, regular/diet/zero

Rubadub, you're correct. The diet coke is still at 3.50 (which is reduced from the standard price). It's the "normal" coke that's 2.20.

Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

conjon wrote: »
    It's the "normal" coke that's 2.20.
    ah right so. Not showing online for some reason, not the offer, no sign of the coke.

If I go off tescos site I can see it listed with a "unavailable" sign for some reason.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271423396

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I see that Tesco have put their own brand economy burgers back on the shelves for the first time since the horsemeat scandal. They certainly are not as cheap as they were back then (an admission of sorts?). I did not see any horsemeat declared on the ingredients but then again they didn't before either........... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

greystones- slendertone massage belt e25. two on shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

Breville 2200w steam iron €7.33 in ballybeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

mac1961 wrote: »
    Breville 2200w steam iron €7.33 in ballybeg

:( None in Clarehall yesterday, ended up buying the Tesco 2200w @ 16.99€

Very little bargains through the store, unless you want some half broken junk. Maybe the Philips Y cables for 1€ if you need one. These are near the bedsheets, in front of the TVs

Absolutely shocked at the prices of grocery :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Absolutely shocked at the prices of grocery eek.png

They have to pay for all the January bargains someway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Remington air styler, with 4 brushes. 5 euro. I didn't see them in stores but it must be on some site as loads of people called looking for them yesterday.

This one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-AS1201-Amaze-Air-Styler/dp/B003SWZOKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391032424&sr=8-1&keywords=amaze+airstyler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Gormal

This may or may not have been posted for Tesco Manor West Tralee
    Now this is off the top of my head they had Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 for PS3/xbox for €5 at end of mag aisle. Also the brown/plaid gift sets for €2.50 writing set, ipad cover etc

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was in Maynooth just a few mins ago.

There was 1 x iMac and 1 x 13" MacBook Pro Applecare Protection plan for somewhere between €55 - €65 (1 was €55ish and the other €65ish, can't remember exactly which was which….sorry!), both of which are massive savings over the RRSP. Both in the clearance section. There are others in the electrical section but none are reduced (I asked). The iMac is €179 normally and the 13"MBP €249 so excellent value if you're looking for one of these.

Unfort I have a 15" MBP :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sorry, just to clarify- these are insurance schemes- not discount laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Nanazolie wrote: »
    :( None in Clarehall yesterday, ended up buying the Tesco 2200w @ 16.99€

Very little bargains through the store, unless you want some half broken junk. Maybe the Philips Y cables for 1€ if you need one. These are near the bedsheets, in front of the TVs

Absolutely shocked at the prices of grocery :eek:

Got a Vivitar 12 mp digital camera for 24euro. Also got some movies for 2euro each.

Sorry, just to clarify- these are insurance schemes- not discount laptops?

Sorry, not really, more tech support. Apologies. I have committed the no. 1 sin mac owners make, namely assuming everyone else has a mac.

Whilst those figures may seem high, compared to your initial outlay it's small and well worth it in order to maximise the power of your mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Sorry, not really, more tech support. Apologies. I have committed the no. 1 sin mac owners make, namely assuming everyone else has a mac.

Whilst those figures may seem high, compared to your initial outlay it's small and well worth it in order to maximise the power of your mac.

Picked up one for my 13"MBP in Tesco Naas last summer for €39!!! Great value as it also covers Apple TV and airport express/extreme you might have bought in the previous two years...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

There was 1 x iMac and 1 x 13" MacBook Pro Applecare Protection plan for somewhere between €55 - €65 (1 was €55ish and the other €65ish, can't remember exactly which was which….sorry!), both of which are massive savings over the RRSP. Both in the clearance section. There are others in the electrical section but none are reduced (I asked). The iMac is €179 normally and the 13"MBP €249 so excellent value if you're looking for one of these.

I dont get it. I have a mbp 13 . What is this going to do for my already great machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

stevieob wrote: »
    I dont get it. I have a mbp 13 . What is this going to do for my already great machine?

With a repairability of 1 out of 10 you won't be repairing your 'already great machine' yourself and if you've ever had to deal with apple after the first 12 months €55 will seem like a steal. Sure you can go through the hassle of arguing 'merchantable quality' but remember they're getting paid to fob you off and lifes too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

how many years are these for?

moodrater wrote: »
    With a repairability of 1 out of 10 you won't be repairing your 'already great machine' yourself and if you've ever had to deal with apple after the first 12 months €55 will seem like a steal. Sure you can go through the hassle of arguing 'merchantable quality' but remember they're getting paid to fob you off and lifes too short.

Couldn't agree more. My previous just over 2 year old MBP died suddenly and the cost I went to o try and rescue it (unsuccesfully) from a variety of apple approved dealers etc. would have paid half the cost of the new one. If nothing happens then yes, you could argue it's a waste of money, but if something does, this will seem like the bargain of the year. Trust me.

sweetie wrote: »
    how many years are these for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Couldn't agree more. My previous just over 2 year old MBP died suddenly and the cost I went to o try and rescue it (unsuccesfully) from a variety of apple approved dealers etc. would have paid half the cost of the new one. If nothing happens then yes, you could argue it's a waste of money, but if something does, this will seem like the bargain of the year. Trust me.

Your moneys better spent on a solicitor / small claims court when the warranty it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

my 13" mpb was bought 7th Jan 2013 so just missed out on this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry for going slightly OT, but what's the Tesco policy on being charged more than marked?
    Heard loads of different stories.

Also, how long do you have to bring it to their attention? Like if I bought something last week but only checked the receipt today...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When you telephoned the store, what was their response?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry for going slightly OT, but what's the Tesco policy on being charged more than marked?

Also, how long do you have to bring it to their attention? Like if I bought something last week but only checked the receipt today...

Policy is double the mistake refund. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago where they had the fairy liquid on offer for €1.50. I picked up two fairy liquids from the shelf where the sign said it was €1.50 but I was charged €2.77 (I think) for each at the till. I checked my receipt going out the door and noticed it so I went back to the customer service desk. What happened is that I picked up the 660ml pack which was correctly priced by the scanner at €2.77 but on the shelf they had the €1.50 offer tag for the smaller pack still displayed but they had none of the smaller packs on sale. So what they did in my case is that having verified what I said about the €1.50 price label they gave me back the €5.44 and I kept the 2 fairy liquid's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

As confirmed by Tesco in an e-mail:

"Dear Customer

My name is X and I am a Customer Service Manager who will be dealing with your email.

Thank you for contacting me with regards to our overcharge policy. Please allow me the opportunity to explain our positon;

In the unlikely event that we overcharge you more than the price shown on the shelf or on the product, we'll give you double the difference. This doesn't affect your statutory rights."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Soarer wrote: »

The policy is double the difference. There is usually a large blue sign behind the CS desk and the tills which states this policy - it is listed at the very bottom of this sign. The problem is that many staff are not familiar with this policy, I received a refund recently, from a line manager and he tried to just refund the difference until I pointed to the sign which was right beside him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire- various cds- the stripes, the lumineers, Robbie Williams, olly murs and others. Marked at e3 but scan at 1c

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

Tesco Douglas. .books marked €1, scanning at 1 cent!..Don't Tempt Me-Sylvia Day, The Guest List-Melissa Hill and The Memory Box-Sarah Webb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

tictac2580 wrote: »
    Tesco Douglas. .books marked €1, scanning at 1 cent!..Don't Tempt Me-Sylvia Day, The Guest List-Melissa Hill and The Memory Box-Sarah Webb

Bought The Guest List on Tuesday for a euro :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Bah. I got a tip off from a nice boardsie that an electrical item had been reduced so I scanned it and indeed it had been reduced.....to 1c! I went to the self scanner probably looking as nervous as hell and scanned it through with another few things.....then the price was noticed and they couldnt sell it :( Ah sure it was worth a shot anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement