Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options
1325326327328329331»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Also does it matter that I don't have a ps3, would it have to be registered on a ps3 first?

Not sure. In the comments section of the latest PSN sale here, Chris The content manager said this as a response:

Question-"Ok so if you buy the PS3 version for 34.99 through the SEN PC store can you then upgrade to the PS4 version for 9.99? I don’t have a PS3 anymore."

Posted on 13 December, 2013 at 12:14 pm by Chris Howe

"No the upgrade program is for PS3 – PS4"

I'm unsure if he means it will or will not work, best bet is to ask the forum moderators on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Might have to actually be played on the PS3 1st like a save/game data/trophy or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Think I'll wait until this is confirmed before buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Klair88 wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/13/the-12-deals-of-christmas-deal-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

3rd comment down. Confirmed

"Yes if you purchase the PS3 version you will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for £9.99"

Nice one. 33.9GB download is going to take a while though.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Think I'll wait until this is confirmed before buying it

All details for the upgrade program are here. http://uk.playstation.com/ps4upgrade/

Also, i got this reply from the PS Community managers on twitter and he said it's possible.
    https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/411488785361162240

In the above link with the program details it explains the steps on how to upgrade fully, even if going full digital. It explains the steps on buying & upgrading via the PS Store.
    Buy or pre-order* the PS3 digital version of the game from PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
    In PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4 digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts which have purchased the PS3 Digital version of the game from PlayStation Store.
    Buy or pre-order** the PS4 digital version of the game at the discounted price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's probably already been discussed but only see it now. I just put Black Flag into the PS4, Really loud hum from the PS4. Game installed and the hum died down. As I was looking for the Account location to redeem the codes, the hum starts back up and has been on since, not even playing the game. This didn't happen with Killzone at all, anyone else get this?

EDIT: Also, how do you pause downloads, I saw someone mentioned it recently. I go to notifications, downloads, press the Option button but I can only delete a download. I updated to the newest firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can people not return BF4 for a full refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Grayditch wrote: »

This, or store credit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »

Unless you got a faulty disk why would any shop accept the game and give a full refund?

EDIT:
    Nice one. 33.9GB download is going to take a while though.

I just bought it and upgraded.
    It's only 6.4GB - I'd hold off for now as that's some serious discrepancy.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's probably already been discussed but only see it now. I just put Black Flag into the PS4, Really loud hum from the PS4. Game installed and the hum died down. As I was looking for the Account location to redeem the codes, the hum starts back up and has been on since, not even playing the game.

This happens to me but only when first loading the games. After 30 sec's the hum stops and never happens again until i start a game again.

I'm pretty sure its the Disc spinning in the drive authenticating the game, then it reads the rest of the data from the HDD and stops Spinning (Humming). It sounds like your disc keeps on spinning. Can you remove the disc and play a PS+ game thats fully saved to the HDD? If you put the disc back in will it keep spinning the entire time you're playing the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This happens to me but only when first loading the games. After 30 sec's the hum stops and never happens again until i start a game again.

I'm pretty sure its the Disc spinning in the drive authenticating the game, then it reads the rest of the data from the HDD and stops Spinning (Humming). It sounds like your disc keeps on spinning. Can you remove the disc and play a PS+ game thats fully saved to the HDD? If you put the disc back in will it keep spinning the entire time you're playing the game?

It stopped after about 10 minutes, still downloading DLC for it (wanted to get that done before starting) so Looks okay now, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

The BF4 upgrade works it seems,

"Just upgraded to PS4 BF4 all in the web store. Just buy BF4 at the discounted price, then but Battlefield 4 Discount for PS4. All done and now downloading to my PS4 while at work, it's perfect" #Post 515
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724924&page=11

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unless you got a faulty disk why would any shop accept the game and give a full refund?

EDIT:

I just bought it and upgraded.
    It's only 6.4GB - I'd hold off for now as that's some serious discrepancy.

Xtra Vision

"You can return any item to us for a refund as long as it is in its original packaging within 7 days of you receiving your order or within 30 days of dispatch to you if the item(s) are damaged when delivered, defective or faulty. "

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The BF4 upgrade works it seems,

"Just upgraded to PS4 BF4 all in the web store. Just buy BF4 at the discounted price, then but Battlefield 4 Discount for PS4. All done and now downloading to my PS4 while at work, it's perfect" #Post 515
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724924&page=11

I edited my previous post.
    I bought it on PS3 a short while ago and then upgraded to PS4 version.
    The upgrade file size is only 6.4GB, whereas full game file size is 34GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Dumb question alert!

I don't have a PS3. Can I still buy the PS3 version of BF4 through the Playstation Store website and then do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade?

Dumb question alert!

I don't have a PS3. Can I still buy the PS3 version of BF4 through the Playstation Store website and then do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade?

See previous page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

See previous page.

Ah well, looks like my credit is going to get hammered again...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So folks, you seem to have posted too much about PS4 and we have to shutter this thread :pac:

Yes, the 10,000 post limit imposed by this website's IT crowd has been reached (well, 9,900 and something) so we hereby lock this massive, epic thread and continue the conversation here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057104480

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement