Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Sitting in hospital since 5 30 hav bed but no doctor it's terrible no induce started waiting on dr for gel

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

lynda18 wrote: »
    Sitting in hospital since 5 30 hav bed but no doctor it's terrible no induce started waiting on dr for gel

Ah that's crap, I know how it feels waiting around and you just want to get started, is there anyone else getting induced on your ward?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Again, lots of activity this evening. Hope you are all doing ok. I had the gel about two hours ago. I'm supposed to be sleeping now but it's very hard in here with all the noise. Lynda you poor thing still waiting, really hope they start it soon for you. The best of luck with it anyway and to everyone else too. X

Same to u double b

2 others waiting on gel here it's v annoying was nervous and just wanted start

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Really hope it's soon. Just so u know its not bad at all having it inserted. Took about ten seconds just squirted up! Get some rest while ur waiting if u can

• Advertisement

Thanks double b I found internal sore so was nervous bout getting it done sent oh home for sleep they said 50 in a and e so No doctor now for ages. No point hanging round. Hope gel kicks in well and they break ur waters

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MommaFitz

I think the waiting around is the worst bit, especially when the ward is noisy and you can't relax!
    Here's a short version of my story-
    I went in at 9am on sat morning because my waters broke and there was meconium in them! they kept me in even though contractions weren't regular because they needed to check baby every 4hrs.
    Took until 2am for contractions to get regular at 10 mins apart and I had 3 other girls in the room so I didn't want to make too much noise or get up too often.
    They started getting closer and more painful but didn't get to delivery ward til 11am. That was by far the worst bit for me, waiting around during the nite by myself, staff were lovely tho!
    After that, some gas & air until I got epi then sailed up to 10cm couldn't feel a thing :-)
    Finally pushed her out at 5pm, best feeling ever and worth every minute.
    Good luck with the inductions and hope lots of happy healthy babies appear in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thinking of you ladies - hope the contractions pick up DoubleB and hop you got the gel by now Lynda!

Also, any news Highly? You've gone quiet since last post!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Hope something's happening for Highly!
    Update: Had nausea/throbbing back pain yesterday morning, then started getting BH/contractions in the evening together with back pain, they weren't that regular (8-9-10 mins apart), but continued throughout the night, woke me up a few times. This morning they're getting more painful but still a bit irregular. No mucus plug or waters...

My mother usually had 2 days worth of labour so I was prepared for a long first period anyway, but I'm still not quite sure if this is the start of something or not! My sister will be coming down anyway just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I hope something happens for you paperclip! It's getting so frustrating waiting.
    Hop the other girls are well on their way now to having their lovely angels!!

Nothing for the past hour. :'(

Nothing for the past hour. :'(

Boo! Come on baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

nothing happening here unfortunately!! I went to bed last night and finally fell asleep. Woke up at 7.30 after a pretty rough night's sleep - lots of pressure and uncomfortable pressure this morning but only when i'm walking around and I'm just so tired I don't have the energy to walk this baby out of me! But definitely nothing more happening.

Due date today!! I wonder what the chances are - just over 13 hours left before I go over on my 3rd! (this was never the plan!!)

Paperclip - you and I should just hit the wine at this stage ;-) !!

paperclip, I'm the EXACT same, a few days last week, I was so sure that was it. So much pain, coming closer and longer, and then nothing, fell asleep, woke up in bits haha... It's so frustrating and it does NOT help when people keep ringing asking have you news.. Starting to really irritate me now.

Oooooh Highly, I've my fingers crossed!! Be so great if you had him/her today :D

They started up again around 10, all about 8 mins apart...they were never this regular before! I really want this to be it! They're sort of cramping in my back and coming around to my front, like it's squeezing the baby out...which is how it's supposed to be, right? Also lots of pressure down there during the contraction.

FINGERS CROSSED!!

oh Jennii - don't talk to me about the texts and calls - it's driving me mad. I'm in pure hibernation mode - mental and physical exhaustion has me in lock down mode!! I'm too tired for the same old conversations with different people and trying to be all optimistic!!

oh papergradclip - so exciting!! I've everything crossed for you!! I REALLY hope this is it for you!

OMG I hope to God this is it for you :') Let us knoooowwww!! I think that's how it's meant to be going anyway haha.

Highly, I swear if mum rings again asking if she's here yet, I'll flip. I would ring her first, she knows it, yet still feels the need to ring asking every few hours. Driving me cracked! On the plus side, I was looking at a house yesterday as we're wanting to move soon, and I left my phone there hahaha, so no one can bother me on my phone till Monday, and I hope she'll be here by then haha! She has my boyfriends number though... that was a mistake haha

I have everything crossed for you paperclipgrad!!!

• Advertisement

UPDATE:

Still the same as before, 8 minutes apart, not getting stronger but not getting weaker either. My brother and sister in law came over, they think it'll be a while before baby comes (I'm still able to talk pretty normally etc), so maybe it is just false labour. Kind of annoying really!

We'll just have to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Paperclip, you never know maybe things will start ramping up for you. Fingers crossed!

Fairie wrote: »
    Sorry for butting in over from December thread. With dd I found that for the first 8 to 12 weeks following her lead was best. If she was sleeping I let her sleep some times it could have been an hour others she could have slept up to 5 or 6 hours at a time. When baby is hungry they won't be long about letting you know! I also know of others who fed baby every 3 to 4 hours and woke baby if they needed to and this worked for them. Go with what is best for you and baby and what works best for both of you. Congratulations on your new little bundle :)

Thanks Fairie that's good to hear. I am just afraid that baby doesn't know to cry at night for food (am I stupid or what!) even though she has no problem crying during the day if hungry. It's just that she is so noisy - it seems about an hour before feeding is due she'll start waking up and will be grunting and making noises, it wakes me up and I don't know whether she's trying to tell me something!

The last couple of days I have stuck to doing 3-4 hours for feeding during the day, depending on what baby wants but definitely no longer than 4. Then whatever the late feed is, ie 11 or 12 I just play it by ear to let her tell me when she's hungry. I think I just have to stop helicoptering at night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

hey fingers crossedfor you paperclip - that how i started and he is here in my arms now - AJ born on the 20th 7lb 7oz.
    Waters went at 2.30am and he was born at 3.26am having been in the delivery ward for 6 mins (a record in CUMH I've been told!). Will post up a fuller account later. Again for those of you waiting best of luck

aknitter wrote: »
    hey fingers crossedfor you paperclip - that how i started and he is here in my arms now - AJ born on the 20th 7lb 7oz.
    Waters went at 2.30am and he was born at 3.26am having been in the delivery ward for 6 mins (a record in CUMH I've been told!). Will post up a fuller account later. Again for those of you waiting best of luck

Yay! Another baby, can't believe it was so fast. I thought I was bad :) welcome baby AJ and well done aknitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Thanks Fairie that's good to hear. I am just afraid that baby doesn't know to cry at night for food (am I stupid or what!) even though she has no problem crying during the day if hungry. It's just that she is so noisy - it seems about an hour before feeding is due she'll start waking up and will be grunting and making noises, it wakes me up and I don't know whether she's trying to tell me something!

The last couple of days I have stuck to doing 3-4 hours for feeding during the day, depending on what baby wants but definitely no longer than 4. Then whatever the late feed is, ie 11 or 12 I just play it by ear to let her tell me when she's hungry. I think I just have to stop helicoptering at night :)

Not stupid at all just being a good mammy we're always worrying! It takes a while to get used to their little noises and cries and what they mean dd does wake some nights for a little chat to herself and after anything up to an hour will go back to sleep or let me know I'm hungry! And they will let you know when they are hungry no matter what time it is ;) The first 8 to 12 weeks are the hardest you are both learning and figuring out what works best for you but before you know it it's like you've been doing it all your life! Go with what you feel is right mammy knows best ;)

Aww I'm just reading your posts it's so exciting all the new babies congrats to all the new mama's and best of luck to all the very soon to be mama's it really is the best feeling ever, I can't wait for December now :D

Exciting times Fairie! I moaned about being pregnant but after baby came I actually came to look on it as a really special time when it's just you and baby (that's even having ended up on crutches with PGP!) Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Is it your second?

Exciting times Fairie! I moaned about being pregnant but after baby came I actually came to look on it as a really special time when it's just you and baby (that's even having ended up on crutches with PGP!) Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Is it your second?

That's exactly how I felt I really missed it just been me and baby I didn't like having to share her lol!! But then there are so many milestones to look forward to and you get so excited about the tiniest thing baby does!!
    Ah thanks krankykitty, yep this is my second :)

• Advertisement

Oh I wish mine would hurry now. I've had no plug, nothing, and it's getting so depressing not knowing what's happening. No internal either, which sucks! At least then I'd know if something was happening!! :( Sorry for the moan! Just so hard staying positive 24/7.. :(

Advertisement