Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I still need help on updating to ios6.1 from ios5.1 on iphone without changing the baseband.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

I still need help on updating to ios6.1 from ios5.1 on iphone without changing the baseband.
    I think you're just going to have to wait until sn0wbreeze or redsn0w are updated to support 6.1

Also with this particular thread. Every time a mod merges another thread they make an arse of it and move this thread and it messes up the thread on the touch site

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

The new sn0wbreeze is out for 6.1.

guil wrote: »
    I think you're just going to have to wait until sn0wbreeze or redsn0w are updated to support 6.1

Also with this particular thread. Every time a mod merges another thread they make an arse of it and move this thread and it messes up the thread on the touch site

snowbreze update came out today which i used but after updating it, it worked but since my sim is not the local sim I cant jailbreak my iphone as evasion wont work with it as a phone needs to be activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Does anyone have delivery reports (from Cydia or otherwise) working on iOS6? It really bugs me not knowing if texts have delivered or not.

EDIT: I see iPhoneDelivery from Cydia is working after all, a new beta has been released for iOS6 can be found by adding the repo;

http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com/ios6

There are now two packages. The first one is the main package and is sufficient for all users. It just enable reports and displays notifications.
    The second is only for people using stock messaging application from Apple. It displays the mark and a few others goodies. The smiley conversion is not available but maybe in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I just discovered Auxo, I was debating between NCsettings and SBSettings and discovered this tweak, it isnt free but its only two dollars in cydia.

Video link below shows a 4 min preview of it, it looks so native to ios I have to admit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q_97exnJk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did my first ever jail break today. Once I found a working link, it took about three minutes. Sooo much easier than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thinking of picking up a cheap iPod Touch to mess around with jailbreak tweaks. Anybody recommend any decent tweaks? Seen the auxo one above. Remember seeing the concept not so long ago. Very quick turn around.

What are the best design tweaks people have found?

snowbreze update came out today which i used but after updating it, it worked but since my sim is not the local sim I cant jailbreak my iphone as evasion wont work with it as a phone needs to be activated.
    Sn0wbreeze is a jail breaking tool as well and can hacktivate the phone, it's in the options when your making the ipsw. Make sure you select hacktivate and no baseband

• Advertisement

Just downloaded intelliscreen X this morning and wondering does it affect battery life much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Just downloaded intelliscreen X this morning and wondering does it affect battery life much

Not noticing any loss.

Excellent 3 logo available in Cydia, you'll find it in Zeppelin; Add ons, UK Carrier logos for...

guys so finally JB my iphone but now I cant get any signal on my iphone. my bb is 1.59 i have downloaded ultra snow 1.28 any ideas ?

guys so finally JB my iphone but now I cant get any signal on my iphone. my bb is 1.59 i have downloaded ultra snow 1.28 any ideas ?
    I'm guessing ultrasn0w hasn't being updated yet to support 6.1 so you have to wait until it does

The ultrasnow update is out but it doesnt work. it showed one signal bar and that switched off to no service ?

The ultrasnow update is out but it doesnt work. it showed one signal bar and that switched off to no service ?
    1.2.8 was released months ago so it's not updated yet

1.2.8 was released months ago so it's not updated yet
    OH I see thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Is anyone having an issue with SMS notifications not showing up since the update/jailbreak? It was working fine up until the Jailbreak but its seems to only working intermittantly since the jailbreak process. Anyone think I should restore the re-jailbreak?

Is anyone having an issue with SMS notifications not showing up since the update/jailbreak? It was working fine up until the Jailbreak but its seems to only working intermittantly since the jailbreak process. Anyone think I should restore the re-jailbreak?
    Mines working fine. Have you installed anything message related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 gbillyjnr

hey guys bought a 4s second hand a few months back..its on three i can txr of it but can make or make or recieve phone calls..
    is it possible the phone is blocked by provider..i didnt think it would as im able to txt off it and make the odd phone call 1 in every 8o tries..

it starts to call then says call ended..i have full signal its just very weird..also i have tried new sim cards

thanks in advnce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

I got my 3gs network unlocked by an asian shop on moore st (:rolleyes:) a year or so ago. I just tried to update to iOS 6 from 4.something (:rolleyes:) and now I can't activate my phone. I just get this message every time;
    Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iphone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

This looks really cool tweak....

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Mines working fine. Have you installed anything message related

No, nothing as far I can see. I got a message there and the alert came up.

It seems to be hit and miss. I will see how it plays outs.

Does anybody know if Iconoclasm or Springtomize work on 6.1?

I got my 3gs network unlocked by an asian shop on moore st (:rolleyes:) a year or so ago. I just tried to update to iOS 6 from 4.something (:rolleyes:) and now I can't activate my phone. I just get this message every time; Any ideas?

You need the sim card from the provider it was locked too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If there is, I'd be eternally grateful to the developer.

Good luck with that. It was going on nearly 2 years by the time I left Three last May. They totally ignored the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

imtdub wrote: »
    This looks really cool tweak....

I got it, it looks nice and functions well. Definitely worth a download

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

anybody know how I can restore my cydia purchases, Ive since deleted my facebook account which was linked to it :confused:

Contact Saurik and see can he do anything

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Not having any luck getting any tweaks or apps to work since I jailbroke..Is it because none of them are compatible with 6.1 do you think? my phone seems to be stuck in safe mode also. cant figure it out.

Advertisement