Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

There is NYC in Penneys here too - but the colours are all various pink and red shades.. Superdrug in Santry has a fabulous NYC stand.
    I just think for the capital, we don't get a lot of the good stuff up here - and the distributors decide who does, not Essence/Catrice because I've asked them both and they can't guide me either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Maybe they make more sales for essence in the Galway penneys?

I know that's not very helpful but it might be why they don't stock everything in dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh my god, the Essence stand in Penneys in Galway is AMAZING. It's twice the size of the normal ones! So annoying that they don't have one in Dublin :( I could only buy so much today :p It has Konadesque stamping plates and everything, and magnetic polish too. I'll post my haul tomorrow!

@dancingqueen - I think the NYC stand in the Mary St Penneys is pretty good? I've saw loads of random colours.

Also, Cara Pharmacy in the Quayside in Sligo is selling OPI polish now. They've the full Holland collection and some other random ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I must have a good luck at the Essence stand in the Galway Penneys. Have they made it bigger? Usually I just grab something off it as I wait in line for the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Saorenza wrote: »
    I must have a good luck at the Essence stand in the Galway Penneys. Have they made it bigger? Usually I just grab something off it as I wait in line for the tills.

they moved it from the queue to the place it was before- Made the stand way bigger with all new products, added on a catrice stand at the side. It's fairly amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

musical.x wrote: »
    they moved it from the queue to the place it was before- Made the stand way bigger with all new products, added on a catrice stand at the side. It's fairly amazing :D
    They did the exact same thing in Cork. I've gotten loads!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is red nail polish (on toes and hands) OK to wear with a coral top?

Going out for the bfs bday tomorrow night and I'm wearing a coral top, jeans and sandals and was gonna do the nails in red!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Just ordered these lovlies :) They were $2.33 each but after conversion they ended up being 1.92Eur each. Never heard of them of tried them before but after a little research they seem to be good enough (especially at that price and 10ml size)

$(KGrHqVHJCkE8fnY0OdGBPyS6wEvwg~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqVHJ!0E-bN+NOOmBPyS3383iw~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqVHJCME-iF4MvtgBPyS7p08j!~~60_3.JPG

The packaging and labeling lead me to believe that they are an Asian rip off of OPI! Not sure though!

Was at the afters of a wedding last night in the city and dashed into Penneys for a few minutes en route.

Got two nail toppers - glorious aquarius and copper'ize me! And the cuticle softening pen. They were nearly closed so didn't have a good look - back in the city tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Just ordered these lovlies :) They were $2.33 each but after conversion they ended up being 1.92Eur each. Never heard of them of tried them before but after a little research they seem to be good enough (especially at that price and 10ml size)

The packaging and labeling lead me to believe that they are an Asian rip off of OPI! Not sure though!

I've read some reviews and apparently they're find apart from the smell, ha ha? So be prepared to block your nose while applying ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up :)

Picked this up today, wearing it now, hope it dries soon, bf is picking me up in 5 mins :eek:

BarryM - Denim - Photo from Pretty Digits Blog

6934346034_a44c6c5742_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, never saw that Barry M nail varnish before! It's lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

6851861475_6edb1747a5_b.jpg

Currently wearing Odyssey Blue by Max Factor. It's one of the Max Effects mini polishes.

Picture from a vain woman blog.

Picked this up today, wearing it now, hope it dries soon, bf is picking me up in 5 mins :eek:

BarryM - Denim - Photo from Pretty Digits Blog

Did you happen to see the teal one in your shop? I have denim too but I can't find the teal one for the life of me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Oh that BarryM one is lovely *adds to shopping list!*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

555482_4216777388315_1231654476_n.jpg

Gold/bronze type colour- Catrice "In the Bronx" (limited edition from autumn last year

Colours on accent nails- variety of a number of Catrice, Nails Inc (Picadilly Circus), Chanel (Mimosa) and Nubar (Verde). Thanks to the wee sis for the nail art- I haven't such a steady hand/patience!

Did you happen to see the teal one in your shop? I have denim too but I can't find the teal one for the life of me :(
    Nope, I didn't see the Teal one, that said, I didn't look properly, just glanced at the stand and picked up Denim.

Is this teal one, or a different one?

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=barrym+teal&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1517&bih=741&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=0RHvT_j-NIKEhQf0gumNDQ#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0hHvT-L1PMa6hAf0zP2TDQ&ved=0CEMQvwUoAQ&q=barry+m+teal&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=fd1406154ef7f809&biw=1517&bih=741

If it is that one - O.P.I Teal The Cows Come Home looks to be a similar colour to it, that's just going by pictures online though, I've never seen that BarryM one.

I have to go into town on next Wednesday so I can have a look for that Teal one, and if they have it, I can pick it up and post it to you, if you want hun?

I tried my boots stand and they didn't even have the space left out for it? I'm starting to doubt it's even in Ireland :P
    I've asked Barry m but they suck at replying :/ Awh thanks but I'm on a nail polish ban :D I'd just love to know if we can actually get it here :)

musical.x - how long have you been on a nail polish ban? how long will it last:)

Got another essence nail topper today in Penneys - disco disco and also passion for fashion another essence colour.

• Advertisement

Saorenza wrote: »
    musical.x - how long have you been on a nail polish ban? how long will it last:)

Got another essence nail topper today in Penneys - disco disco and also passion for fashion another essence colour.

I'm starting July 1st for a month. I might do two months If I do well on it :) I have so many untried polish and I just bought some indie polish so it's time to save a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Essie - Sexy Divide with Barry M - Purple Crackle on top.

7475175010_9dd27de4fb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Not great but don't care!!
    Getting into the spirit for Galway Volvo Ocean Race :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Ahh! I have been on holiday since Monday and without Internet, so shocked people would be interested in my blog! Lol thanks you guys for the sweet comments! I have like 4 shoes boxes of nail polish, verging on 5 so I have a lot of swatches I want to do for it :p

I don't have a pic for it and I'm on an iPad which I am not used to.. But I have on OPI yoga-ta get this blue on my fingers... Such a gorgeous blue! And china glaze ruby pumps on my toes, one of my favorite reds ever! All in honor of the 4th of July this upcoming Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

magztar wrote: »
    Not great but don't care!!
    Getting into the spirit for Galway Volvo Ocean Race :)

love the anchor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Ahh! I have been on holiday since Monday and without Internet, so shocked people would be interested in my blog! Lol thanks you guys for the sweet comments! I have like 4 shoes boxes of nail polish, verging on 5 so I have a lot of swatches I want to do for it :p

I don't have a pic for it and I'm on an iPad which I am not used to.. But I have on OPI yoga-ta get this blue on my fingers... Such a gorgeous blue! And china glaze ruby pumps on my toes, one of my favorite reds ever! All in honor of the 4th of July this upcoming Wednesday :)

Your blog is brilliant chickenbutt, am following now! Today I'm wearing Catrice Browno Mars, but it's coming off fairly soon because I'm itching to do the Dolly Rouge post on Zooey Deschanel's lemon nails: http://www.dollyrouge.ie/2012/06/zooey-deschanel-lemon-nail-art-tutorial/picmonkey-collage-11/

Hello just letting the participants of the nailpolish swap that the results are in.

I must post my nails of the day in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Went into the mahoosive Essence stand in Penny's again! picked up even more polishes!! :rolleyes:

FAE0o.jpg

The Special Effect Topper in Hello Holo is literally one of the most beautiful colours I have ever seen!! :eek::eek:

ABKiQ.jpg

I blurred the pic just so ye can see its awesomeness!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know (photo courtesy of Crystal Visions blog)

P1120848.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Ladies WOWZA! There are so many polishes I'm lusting over!

Do you think we could make it a rule that we need to post where we got the polish .... I feel like asking evey time but don't want to be pestering people and filling the thread with questions.

I'm not the best online buyer when it comes to polish so it would be great to get some details on where people get theirs!

Advertisement