Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hit, other driver drove off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hondasam wrote: »
    tbh wrote: »
    I have a feeling we're gonna be disappointed lads. Either the guard won't be there, or she won't have done anything, or the other driver won't have been home. Not long to go, I'll be back!

Have some faith in her, she will not have forgotten.

She wasn't there :/ hopefully will get a call back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

what time she start duty? is she on nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Can you not bend the rules and post her phone number and we'll all ring her ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

Pa Dee wrote: »
    You're getting the runaround - cant see anything coming of it bar a waste of your time
    As above....

Pa Dee wrote: »
    As above....

It's not a waste time as we can all learn something from it. I have faith in the guard coming back with some news.
    If she is just back from rest days then give her a chance to do something. If she is on nights she has only just started work again lets wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It's not a waste time as we can all learn something from it. I have faith in the guard coming back with some news.
    If she is just back from rest days then give her a chance to do something. If she is on nights she has only just started work again lets wait and see.

Come on man, clearly Pa Dee is right. He should just give up and pay the money.

Shows over folks, nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Come on man, clearly Pa Dee is right. He should just give up and pay the money.

Shows over folks, nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

No I still have faith there will be some sort of reply from the guard.

what time she start duty? is she on nights?
    Not sure - think she mentioned a split shift. It was her that told me to ring at nine, tho I fully appreciate where I stand on the list of priorities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

Not sure - think she mentioned a split shift. It was her that told me to ring at nine, tho I fully appreciate where I stand on the list of priorities :)

You rang before nine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

brian_t wrote: »
    You rang before nine.

Give another call in - now it's after nine.....go on .....go on.....go on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Just because she's working, doesn't mean she's in the station. Hope you get a call back soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I can sense the end is near, it saddens me but in a bittersweet way tbh. I'll be glad you're sorted but I'll miss the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I can sense the end is near, it saddens me but in a bittersweet way tbh. I'll be glad you're sorted but I'll miss the thread.
    Sure we can all meet here again this time next year and chat about the good old days...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nothing is ever what it seems in this country. There will be a twist. I can feel it in my bones. This thread will continue to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lippy C

I saw parked car hit by another car they drove off I got details and left note on parked car to ring me gave them reg etc he was very grateful few weeks later he rang me back to say all was being sorted thanks to me said guards were very helpful....good ending for him not for the sod that hit his car ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

endacl wrote: »
    Sure we can all meet here again this time next year and chat about the good old days...

I hope so buddy, I hope so.

Wait till the court case is on. When the judge asks "who are all those people in the gallery?" We will all shout "Boards representatives".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loving this thread hope it all gets sorted soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

the tension is almost unbearable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I reckon the twist will be that the guard is actually the driver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I reckon it was colonel mustard in the kitchen with the candlestick.

aaaand the guard is off till Tuesday now. I'm away next week, so won't have another update (if at all) until this day next week.

aaaand the guard is off till Tuesday now. I'm away next week, so won't have another update (if at all) until this day next week.

Aah FFs I can't wait another week.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Have you thought about going above the Gardas head on this one? Its pretty obvious that she has no interest in getting this sorted for you, so maybe a chat with her superintendant might get things moving along...

djimi wrote: »
    Have you thought about going above the Gardas head on this one? Its pretty obvious that she has no interest in getting this sorted for you, so maybe a chat with her superintendant might get things moving along...

I have djimi, but I have to be realistic.
    The most likely response the super will give me is that the guard couldn't chase up the driver who did a little bit of damage to my car because she was sorting out a woman who was beaten by her husband or something.

What's really frustrating is that she seems to work for two days and then is gone for five.

I'm annoyed that the case lies with one guard only, and that another guard can't say "actually, she's off till Tuesday, give me the pulse number and I'll chase it up for you".

I'm also 95% sure that when I call next week, we'll be no further along the line. Someone was seen causing damage to my car and driving off, and it's beginning to look like her gamble paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I have djimi, but I have to be realistic.
    The most likely response the super will give me is that the guard couldn't chase up the driver who did a little bit of damage to my car because she was sorting out a woman who was beaten by her husband or something.

What's really frustrating is that she seems to work for two days and then is gone for five.

I'm annoyed that the case lies with one guard only, and that another guard can't say "actually, she's off till Tuesday, give me the pulse number and I'll chase it up for you".

I'm also 95% sure that when I call next week, we'll be no further along the line. Someone was seen causing damage to my car and driving off, and it's beginning to look like her gamble paid off.

It wouldnt kill the Garda to take two minutes to give you a phone call to update you, even if there is no actual update. I would still be inclined to go to the superintendant; at the very least they might assign it to someone else to chase up. I know its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things for the Gardai but its still their responsibility to try and get it sorted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

djimi wrote: »
    It wouldnt kill the Garda to take two minutes to give you a phone call to update you, even if there is no actual update. I would still be inclined to go to the superintendant; at the very least they might assign it to someone else to chase up. I know its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things for the Gardai but its still their responsibility to try and get it sorted for you.

Exactly, things like this seem to play into the offending party's hands. The victim gets worn down and so annoyed with the whole situation that they just give up and forget about the whole thing.

Don't give in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wouldn't go to the Super, it's just asking for trouble.

If it was me, I'd wait another week and then /perhaps/ drop into the station to have a quiet word with the Garda in charge. If that doesn't work, /then/ I'd go to the Super.

dahamsta wrote: »
    I wouldn't go to the Super, it's just asking for trouble.

If it was me, I'd wait another week and then /perhaps/ drop into the station to have a quiet word with the Garda in charge. If that doesn't work, /then/ I'd go to the Super.

that's the plan, I think. Just humbly ask if maybe it could be assigned to another guard who isn't as....busy.

Just want to reiterate, no criticism of the guard or even her shift patterns - I'd say she never gets a minute to herself, and I totally understand that there are bigger fish to fry. It just seems crazy that we're nearly a calendar month along and we still don't even know if the other driver has insurance or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm trying to buy a car off a Guard selling used as a foxer at the moment, because they get paid feck all and OT is off the cards atm. Between that and the weird hours they work, you can understand it to a certain extent. It's an absolute pain in the hole though.

Advertisement