Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Deise Doodler

HillFarmer wrote: »
    What are peoples opinion on the starting line up for the Clare game.?
    I assume Connors is now definitely out after coming off the weekend.

Heres the team I think will start

SOK
    A kearney Lawlor P mahony
    T Brown Brick W Hutchinson
    Moran Foley

M Shanahan S Pender E Kelly/ M O Neil
    J Mullane S Walsh G O'brien

Cant make up my mind if E Kelly should start or not.
    Also not sure if Hutchinson would be worth a shot at half back.
    Molumphy noteable absentee.

What are your thoughts.?

Would Start Molumphy at mid field with Moran, Not sure if Tony should start to be honest, (clare will have a lot of pace and play a running game) if fives was fit and hurling well I think id give him the nod with tony in ready in the wings . think Hutchinson phisicality will stand to us, Half forward think its between Pender and O Neil, leaning towards o Neil with pender as first sub,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paddyman123

Am I only one that rates Molumphy on here? He's a good player to have around the middle of the field, he's a workhorse, great at hassling and harrying and man marking. He's a workaholic, and a player like that is very valuable.

I think Stephen Molumphy is one of the best hurlers Waterford has, as he hassles and manmarks so much that he wins alot of ball for the Deise. I for one would be a huge fan of the man, his fighting spirit and workrate is great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

I think Stephen Molumphy is one of the best hurlers Waterford has, as he hassles and manmarks so much that he wins alot of ball for the Deise. I for one would be a huge fan of the man, his fighting spirit and workrate is great to watch.

That's a description of Molumphy 5 years ago. He is a shadow of his former self and I would not even have him in the squad. He has lost the ability to consistently win dirty ball which made him such a key component of our team. He's nothing but a liability these days. His contribution consists of finding as many opposition players as possible, running into them and falling over and losing the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Top drawer wrote: »
    Terrible news about john o leary and ozzy ryan, such a freak thing to happen, word is they will be gone for 3 months,

They went in with no shoes on, that's what I heard. Given the number of patients they have and the fact that the business is still in operation, I can't see how the Cryotherapy place can be liable. There was almost certainly signs around or instruction given.
    Am I only one that rates Molumphy on here? He's a good player to have around the middle of the field, he's a workhorse, great at hassling and harrying and man marking. He's a workaholic, and a player like that is very valuable.

I think he's a class act to be honest with you, both from a leadership point of view, and from what he brings to the table. That much was clear against Tipp in the league, and he actually played quite intellignetly. He's one of those player that always comes away with ball-I'd say you could have 12 all blacks on top of him he'd still burst out with it. Always disappoints me to see that he seems to get singled out a lot. There have been games where he hasn't been good enough, granted, but I thing he's a very honest, hard working, and encouraging player and have the height of respect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

redlead wrote: »
    That's a description of Molumphy 5 years ago. He is a shadow of his former self and I would not even have him in the squad. He has lost the ability to consistently win dirty ball which made him such a key component of our team. He's nothing but a liability these days. His contribution consists of finding as many opposition players as possible, running into them and falling over and losing the ball.

I think youre mixing him up with Eoin McGrath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

( from an fearrua) Word is that Dara Honahan is back hurling with Clare after his long layoff.

Played in a few challenges recently. Dont know how fit he is, but we might see him on the 17th.

Anyword on Darragh Fives? Is he still injured?

( from an fearrua) Word is that Dara Honahan is back hurling with Clare after his long layoff.

Played in a few challenges recently. Dont know how fit he is, but we might see him on the 17th.

Be suprised if we saw Darach Honan starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Probably isn't match fit, but you'd never know with davy.
    I presume they'll start Conlon on the edge of the square, will be an interesting battle with Lawlor if he gets the nod at 3.

I think youre mixing him up with Eoin McGrath

haha yeah good point. The only difference though is that Molumphy used to be a brilliant player and Eoin McGrath never was. I was speaking to a very senior clubman of his not so long ago who told me that "Eoin McGrath is the biggest waste of space that he has ever seen". I think that that was harsh, he is still an excellent club player and had a great year off the bench for us in 2007.

I really don't know how people are still calling Molumphy a class act. Speaking from a purely hurling point of view, he has had a lot more shockers for Waterford over the last few years than good games. He's just not good enough anymore. It saddens me to say it as he used to be one of my favourite players.

I see phil fanning has a report on the dungarvan game and the dunhill from the weekend in the news and star, interesting considering they were on the same time on sat nite in walsh park and fraher field,

To be fair to Phil, nothing would surprise me :D. He's at every game going, intermediate, senior, you name it.

..... and he wasn't the senior club member I mentioned in my previous post by the way before anyone puts 2 and 2 together and gets 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

haha yeah good point. The only difference though is that Molumphy used to be a brilliant player and Eoin McGrath never was. I was speaking to a very senior clubman of his not so long ago who told me that "Eoin McGrath is the biggest waste of space that he has ever seen". I think that that was harsh, he is still an excellent club player and had a great year off the bench for us in 2007.

I really don't know how people are still calling Molumphy a class act. Speaking from a purely hurling point of view, he has had a lot more shockers for Waterford over the last few years than good games. He's just not good enough anymore. It saddens me to say it as he used to be one of my favourite players.

That is a ridiculous thing to post on a forum.

Lads would ye ever give Eoin McGrath a break, he's an amateur playing an amateur sport, he's always given 110% for Waterford when those around him may have not and despite spending 75% of his time on the bench you never hear of him causing a fuss. He's a good and much valued squad member and always hurls with great pride for the county he loves.

He's no Henry Shefflin but very, very few are.

daddydick wrote: »

Lads would ye ever give Eoin McGrath a break, he's an amateur playing an amateur sport, he's always given 110% for Waterford when those around him may have not and despite spending 75% of his time on the bench you never hear of him causing a fuss. He's a good and much valued squad member and always hurls with great pride for the county he loves.

I simply quoted what someone else said. I happen to agree with you. He is what he is talent wise though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

****ing hell McGrath is getting hung out to dry here, I'm sorry but he's not that bad. Any player playing inter - county for that long now is obviously talented, if he wasnt he'd of been found out years ago. He's survived under 3 or 4 managers at this stage who obviously all rated him. I'm sorry I just don't agree with ye. Managers and that obviously see something in him.

haha yeah good point. The only difference though is that Molumphy used to be a brilliant player and Eoin McGrath never was. I was speaking to a very senior clubman of his not so long ago who told me that "Eoin McGrath is the biggest waste of space that he has ever seen".

+1, the amount of service he's given the county, how people go to town on him that much is beyond me.

For as long as he remains in the Waterford panel he's going to have to deal with that. He's not good enough to be on the panel in my opinion, and then to see him starting, well the frustrations of his selection are often channelled onto the player which maybe wrong but it's the way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

[/Quote]

To be fair to Phil, nothing would surprise me :D. He's at every game going, intermediate, senior, you name it.

..... and he wasn't the senior club member I mentioned in my previous post by the way before anyone puts 2 and 2 together and gets 5.[/Quote]

But i know there are people who by the paper to read good accurate reports on what happened, not a bit of hearsay from one of his buttys,

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dickys Back Garden

For as long as he remains in the Waterford panel he's going to have to deal with that. He's not good enough to be on the panel in my opinion, and then to see him starting, well the frustrations of his selection are often channelled onto the player which maybe wrong but it's the way it goes.

Your anti Mount Sion bias is once again letting you down! First of all you judge the two lads who were seriously injured as being responsible for their own misfortune without knowing anything at all about what happened!Why do you even comment on the case? Not an iota of sympathy for two former county players who were very seriously burned! Baffling!

You then say that as long as Eoin McGrath is on the panel he is fair game for the type of bar stool bashing that rears its head here from time to time! Hard to credit really. As a previous poster said he has been a member of the panel for ten years now. Show a little respect. You even concede yourself the channelling of abuse upon the player is wrong. I can somewhat, only somewhat, understand that happening "live" at a game, wrong though it be, but for lads to sit down and type abuse at a keyboard in the cold light of day shows no class or respect and raises questions as to whether these same folk ever actually toiled in good days and bad as a hurler.

Redlead, for you to post what someone allegedly said to you too is extremely bad form. That kind of comment is bad enough in a private conversation but to repeat/exaggerate it on a public forum and to say that a "very senior clubman of his" said it is the type of drivel that simply shows how ugly and dangerous forums such as this can be. Cop yourself on. Who needs other countymen downing you when there are those like yourself and Mountainlad within your own county doing a very fine job of it? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and fair comment on performance but to reduce it to the personal is not on.

Your anti Mount Sion bias is once again letting you down! First of all you judge the two lads who were seriously injured as being responsible for their own misfortune without knowing anything at all about what happened!Why do you even comment on the case? Not an iota of sympathy for two former county players who were very seriously burned! Baffling!

You then say that as long as Eoin McGrath is on the panel he is fair game for the type of bar stool bashing that rears its head here from time to time! Hard to credit really. As a previous poster said he has been a member of the panel for ten years now. Show a little respect. You even concede yourself the channelling of abuse upon the player is wrong. I can somewhat, only somewhat, understand that happening "live" at a game, wrong though it be, but for lads to sit down and type abuse at a keyboard in the cold light of day shows no class or respect and raises questions as to whether these same folk ever actually toiled in good days and bad as a hurler.

Redlead, for you to post what someone allegedly said to you too is extremely bad form. That kind of comment is bad enough in a private conversation but to repeat/exaggerate it on a public forum and to say that a "very senior clubman of his" said it is the type of drivel that simply shows how ugly and dangerous forums such as this can be. Cop yourself on. Who needs other countymen downing you when there are those like yourself and Mountainlad within your own county doing a very fine job of it? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and fair comment on performance but to reduce it to the personal is not on.

Oh yeah, I hate Mount Sion :rolleyes:

Now your simply misquoting. I'm saying for as long as he's on the panel, it's gonna happen, that's a fact. I don't see how it is better to be said at a match when his family could be around whereas I'm sure they don't concern themselves with this thread as they'd be well aware they mightn't like some of what's posted in it.

You're right, I don't know the whole story, if you want to clear things up for me and tell me what I said that was wrong than I'd be more than willing to apologise. I wouldn't wish an injury on anybody, I was just stating why I didn't think the cryotherapy clinic would be liable and refuting claims that it wasn't a freak accident as it was labelled. But again, if you have information that you're witholding that refutes what I've said, please do share.

The irony of claiming I have an anti Mount Sion bias when at least two of your other posts on this page have been about how Chris Ryan was 'The Local papers full back of the year' last year. What paper was that, Mount Sion Today? Your last post just further exhibits your own Mount Sion bias.

Aside from that all I've said was I don't think Eoin McGrath is good enough anymore (note anymore, he once was a good player). Now, where is the anti Mount Sion bias in that?

Was I guilty of anti Ballygunner bias when I thought Paul Foley wasn't good enough in 2005, or was I guilty of anti Abbeyside bias when I thought Gary Hurney wasn't good enough in 2008? Or is it only when someone criticises a Mount Sion player that they are guilty of being anti biased?

What have I said personally against Eoin McGrath? My opinion of him as a player at present is all based on the performances I've seen of him in a Waterford jersey this year, and over the last few years.

I appreciate the need to stick up for one's clubmates, but please, don't attack people who are innocent with regard to unfair criticism or personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Top drawer

This is a thread for good opinions and bad opinions on matches, referees, umpiring decisions, managers and PLAYERS involved in waterford gaa, an opinion is not an attack, its probably hard to deal with it wen its a clubmate of urs but u need to relax a bit and p.s eoin mcgrath cant hit the ball 30 yards

Oh yeah, I hate Mount Sion :rolleyes:

Now your simply misquoting. I'm saying for as long as he's on the panel, it's gonna happen, that's a fact. I don't see how it is better to be said at a match when his family could be around whereas I'm sure they don't concern themselves with this thread as they'd be well aware they mightn't like some of what's posted in it.

You're right, I don't know the whole story, if you want to clear things up for me and tell me what I said that was wrong than I'd be more than willing to apologise. I wouldn't wish an injury on anybody, I was just stating why I didn't think the cryotherapy clinic would be liable and refuting claims that it wasn't a freak accident as it was labelled. But again, if you have information that you're witholding that refutes what I've said, please do share.

The irony of claiming I have an anti Mount Sion bias when at least two of your other posts on this page have been about how Chris Ryan was 'The Local papers full back of the year' last year. What paper was that, Mount Sion Today? Your last post just further exhibits your own Mount Sion bias.

Aside from that all I've said was I don't think Eoin McGrath is good enough anymore (note anymore, he once was a good player). Now, where is the anti Mount Sion bias in that?

Was I guilty of anti Ballygunner bias when I thought Paul Foley wasn't good enough in 2005, or was I guilty of anti Abbeyside bias when I thought Gary Hurney wasn't good enough in 2008? Or is it only when someone criticises a Mount Sion player that they are guilty of being anti biased?

What have I said personally against Eoin McGrath? My opinion of him as a player at present is all based on the performances I've seen of him in a Waterford jersey this year, and over the last few years.

I appreciate the need to stick up for one's clubmates, but please, don't attack people who are innocent with regard to unfair criticism or personal abuse.

Of course I have a Mount Sion bias. I am a Mount Sion man! Hence I will defend clubmates who I respect hugely when people like you completely diss them and then try to say that it is fair game and Eoin McGrath is called useless and " deserves" such labelling when he is picked for the county team! What club did you cover yourself in such glory with to deem such disparaging of a player as honest as Eoin McGrath to be fair game?

Your logic is ridiculous. You said that the type of comments such as those Redlead highlighted is to be expected as long as he gets picked for the county team!! Thats insane and so very wrong! So yes, that is personal. You are reinforcing and supporting such comments. So you are not "innocent" in this regard.

Shame you had to dredge through some previous posts of mine to "uncover" my Mount Sion bias!! Christy Ryan was named as full back of the year in either in the Munster or News and Star. Your attempt at sarcasm only makes you look silly. Hopefully I can dig it out but you'll probably reject that too as it is a city paper.

I will not, under any circumstances comment on the case of the two injured lads here simply to sate you and make you feel better. The ins and outs of it are irrelevant here. Suffice to say there are two local lads who give their lives to hurling being rolled around in wheelchairs because they can't put their two feet on the ground as a result of an accident. This is a dreadful thing to happen and any person with even a token interest in hurling would simply wish them well. Liability doesn't come into it. But for you, your contribution is that you were simply "refuting claims that it wasn't a freak accident as it was labelled"-whatever the hell that means, says a lot about your sentiments. I think you should apologise anyway.

And finally, I never said it was better to be critical at a match. Merely that I might be more forgiving of a comment in the heat of a championship game as it would be impulsive rather than premeditated, but in both cases criticism of players personally is wrong. Your twisted logic suggests that it is ok to post here remarks that are highly critical of amateur players? That their family won't have access to it? How do you know I am not related to one of the people you see fit to disparage? You don't so don't underestimate the power of your folly. As I said, people can have no problem being critical of performances in a game but to be endorsing comments such as "waste of space" is, in my opinion very wrong.

And I really don't believe you do understand the need or desire to stick up for one's clubmates. I get the distinct feeling you have none.

• Advertisement

This is a thread for good opinions and bad opinions on matches, referees, umpiring decisions, managers and PLAYERS involved in waterford gaa, an opinion is not an attack, its probably hard to deal with it wen its a clubmate of urs but u need to relax a bit and p.s eoin mcgrath cant hit the ball 30 yards

An opinion is fair game. Calling or agreeing that calling a player a "waste of space" is justified is not an opinion that should be encouraged. Saying he's not good enough anymore is a valid opinion. Saying someone had a dreadful game is a valid opinion. It is the ridiculing and huge lack of respect for amateur players that I have a problem with. That is my opinion, valid or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

I simply quoted what someone else said. I happen to agree with you. He is what he is talent wise though.

Why dont you name this person who said this comment so, if his opinion is so valued. Otherwise it means nothing

They went in with no shoes on, that's what I heard. Given the number of patients they have and the fact that the business is still in operation, I can't see how the Cryotherapy place can be liable. There was almost certainly signs around or instruction given.
    Of course I have a Mount Sion bias. I am a Mount Sion man! Hence I will defend clubmates who I respect hugely when people like you completely diss them and then try to say that it is fair game and Eoin McGrath is called useless and " deserves" such labelling when he is picked for the county team! What club did you cover yourself in such glory with to deem such disparaging of a player as honest as Eoin McGrath to be fair game?

Your logic is ridiculous. You said that the type of comments such as those Redlead highlighted is to be expected as long as he gets picked for the county team!! Thats insane and so very wrong! So yes, that is personal. You are reinforcing and supporting such comments. So you are not "innocent" in this regard.

Shame you had to dredge through some previous posts of mine to "uncover" my Mount Sion bias!! Christy Ryan was named as full back of the year in either in the Munster or News and Star. Your attempt at sarcasm only makes you look silly. Hopefully I can dig it out but you'll probably reject that too as it is a city paper.

I will not, under any circumstances comment on the case of the two injured lads here simply to sate you and make you feel better. The ins and outs of it are irrelevant here. Suffice to say there are two local lads who give their lives to hurling being rolled around in wheelchairs because they can't put their two feet on the ground as a result of an accident. This is a dreadful thing to happen and any person with even a token interest in hurling would simply wish them well. Liability doesn't come into it. But for you, your contribution is that you were simply "refuting claims that it wasn't a freak accident as it was labelled"-whatever the hell that means, says a lot about your sentiments. I think you should apologise anyway.

And finally, I never said it was better to be critical at a match. Merely that I might be more forgiving of a comment in the heat of a championship game as it would be impulsive rather than premeditated, but in both cases criticism of players personally is wrong. Your twisted logic suggests that it is ok to post here remarks that are highly critical of amateur players? That their family won't have access to it? How do you know I am not related to one of the people you see fit to disparage? You don't so don't underestimate the power of your folly. As I said, people can have no problem being critical of performances in a game but to be endorsing comments such as "waste of space" is, in my opinion very wrong.

And I really don't believe you do understand the need or desire to stick up for one's clubmates. I get the distinct feeling you have none.

Well clearly your bias is obscuring you're rational thought.

My objection is that you're claiming I've personally abused him and said it's right that he be abused, and at the same time said I've acknowledged that he shouldn't get the abuse which is a startling contradiction. I also never questioned his honesty, nor did I elevate myself above him nor did I say it was anything to do with his club. I simply said wrong as it maybe, for as long as he's on the panel he's gonna have to deal with the abuse, just look at what Dan had to put up with, even when he was scoring goals! I think it would probably be in his own best interests at this stage to drop him, I couldn't say that he should because obviously it's a great honour to play for your county and I also wouldn't fault his commitment, but he's not the only one to be fair.

I haven't endorsed anybody criticising players, though if a player performs badly he should know it himself and shouldn't get on his high horse just because somebody else sees it too. I did say it should be expected, he'll get called far worse at a match, he should expect it because it will happen. It shouldn't but it will. That's a fact. I'm not supporting it, but it will happen, and he won't be the only one (and they won't all be Mount Sion players just incase the siege mentality you've got going there is still affecting you.)

I didn't dredge through anything, I've just a good memory, especially when I see things that amuse me. If you go back yourself I'm sure you'd find I responded to them. Does it make me look silly? Poor me. And as regards the city paper thing, your words not mine ;)

I feel perfectly fine about what I said upon reading it again, and can't see why I would need to apologise. I also used the term from what I've heard, sI didn't claim to know everything. I do feel, however, that I have the correct information until proven wrong, so unless your going to do that than as far as I'm concerned they went in with no shoes on, and they most likely don't have a case. Now, what could I possibly have to apologise for there?

Somebody said it was a freak accident, but it's not a freak accident if they've gone in without shoes as advised. I don't know if they were advised or not but considering the cryotherapy clinic has not been shutdown on account of having hundreds of claims being made against them due to neglect of sagety instructions, I can only imagine there were at the very least signs in place. I'm not trying to be unsympathetic here, just answering a post from earlier asking could the claim damages.

It's clear that you're willingness to rush in and defend your clubmates from non-existent remarks which you deem unfair and shocking has clearly blinkered your better judgement. Another telling aspect of your argument is that even though your not sure what I said when I spoke of refuting the liability claim, you still somehow decide that I was somehow sneering at your clubmates. It's best not to address things which you don't understand, I find.

Maybe you are related, though I doubt it, if you are than you should know by now what to expect when it comes to abuse in the GAA. And again, I feel the need to clarify this for you, I am not condoning personal abuse nor am I guilty of that myself, I'm just saying let the ignorant be ignorant, that's their problem.

Your final remark is just pathetic and sums up the stupidity of your attack on me. You have no idea who I am, so why make a claim like that? I have a club, play hurling and know exactly what it's all about.

Your most recent comment, which I saw but did not quote, shows that you believe that people are entitled to say if they think someone is not good enough. Which is what I said about Eoin McGrath.

I'm glad we agree then.

Well clearly your bias is obscuring you're rational thought.

My objection is that you're claiming I've personally abused him and said it's right that he be abused, and at the same time said I've acknowledged that he shouldn't get the abuse which is a startling contradiction. I also never questioned his honesty, nor did I elevate myself above him nor did I say it was anything to do with his club. I simply said wrong as it maybe, for as long as he's on the panel he's gonna have to deal with the abuse, just look at what Dan had to put up with, even when he was scoring goals! I think it would probably be in his own best interests at this stage to drop him, I couldn't say that he should because obviously it's a great honour to play for your county and I also wouldn't fault his commitment, but he's not the only one to be fair.

I haven't endorsed anybody criticising players, though if a player performs badly he should know it himself and shouldn't get on his high horse just because somebody else sees it too. I did say it should be expected, he'll get called far worse at a match, he should expect it because it will happen. It shouldn't but it will. That's a fact. I'm not supporting it, but it will happen, and he won't be the only one (and they won't all be Mount Sion players just incase the siege mentality you've got going there is still affecting you.)

I didn't dredge through anything, I've just a good memory, especially when I see things that amuse me. If you go back yourself I'm sure you'd find I responded to them. Does it make me look silly? Poor me. And as regards the city paper thing, your words not mine ;)

I feel perfectly fine about what I said upon reading it again, and can't see why I would need to apologise. I also used the term from what I've heard, sI didn't claim to know everything. I do feel, however, that I have the correct information until proven wrong, so unless your going to do that than as far as I'm concerned they went in with no shoes on, and they most likely don't have a case. Now, what could I possibly have to apologise for there?

Somebody said it was a freak accident, but it's not a freak accident if they've gone in without shoes as advised. I don't know if they were advised or not but considering the cryotherapy clinic has not been shutdown on account of having hundreds of claims being made against them due to neglect of sagety instructions, I can only imagine there were at the very least signs in place. I'm not trying to be unsympathetic here, just answering a post from earlier asking could the claim damages.

It's clear that you're willingness to rush in and defend your clubmates from non-existent remarks which you deem unfair and shocking has clearly blinkered your better judgement. Another telling aspect of your argument is that even though your not sure what I said when I spoke of refuting the liability claim, you still somehow decide that I was somehow sneering at your clubmates. It's best not to address things which you don't understand, I find.

Maybe you are related, though I doubt it, if you are than you should know by now what to expect when it comes to abuse in the GAA. And again, I feel the need to clarify this for you, I am not condoning personal abuse nor am I guilty of that myself, I'm just saying let the ignorant be ignorant, that's their problem.

Your final remark is just pathetic and sums up the stupidity of your attack on me. You have no idea who I am, so why make a claim like that? I have a club, play hurling and know exactly what it's all about.

Your most recent comment, which I saw but did not quote, shows that you believe that people are entitled to say if they think someone is not good enough. Which is what I said about Eoin McGrath.

I'm glad we agree then.

Says it all really.

Says it all really.

Your failure to address my comment further exhibits the lazy approach you took when challenging me in the first place, when simply looking at the comments I was replying to would have saved all of this.

If you can't see that I did not comment on anything but Eoin McGrath as a hurler, or that I was just purely stating how the courts of law would probably view any damages case that may be pursued, then that's your problem buddy!

He played the full game for Tourin at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

An opinion is fair game. Calling or agreeing that calling a player a "waste of space" is justified is not an opinion that should be encouraged. Saying he's not good enough anymore is a valid opinion. Saying someone had a dreadful game is a valid opinion. It is the ridiculing and huge lack of respect for amateur players that I have a problem with. That is my opinion, valid or not.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

Your failure to address my comment further exhibits the lazy approach you took when challenging me in the first place, when simply looking at the comments I was replying to would have saved all of this.

If you can't see that I did not comment on anything but Eoin McGrath as a hurler, or that I was just purely stating how the courts of law would probably view any damages case that may be pursued, then that's your problem buddy!

Courts would look favourably on the injured party in a case like that I would say.

You have shown grievances towards Mount sion in recent posts... that has been noticeable, and if people make similar opinions against FMW you come out of the woodwork spitting fire. So you should know to expect a bit back when the shoe is on the other foot

Courts would look favourably on the injured party in a case like that I would say.

You have shown grievances towards Mount sion in recent posts... that has been noticeable, and if people make similar opinions against FMW you come out of the woodwork spitting fire. So you should know to expect a bit back when the shoe is on the other foot

I agree with this, most times Mount Sion or a player related to them are mentioned you seem to get dug in. I don't know what you have against them.

• Advertisement

I would say your wrong, but then that's just my understanding of it. If you ever go to a playground and see the notice about management not being liable for injurys sustained on the grounds you'll know what I mean. It depends on exactly what happened, which I have a version of that is apparently no the whole story, but that won't be clarified inexpliquably even though DBG obviously knows what happened.

And now your just being ridiculous. When I defended Liam Lawlor it was all based on his performances. Not once did I accuse anyone of personal remarks.

When I talked about the O Gorman twins it was again based on hurling, and what you said was ridiculous. Saying there's 250 players better is about as good as saying there 'a waste of space', to steal a quote from DBG, something I never said about Eoin McGrath (or Chris Ryan or John O'Leary for that matter)

It's blatantly obvious you've had some sort of experience or know someone who has with Michael Ryan the way you spoke of his nickname, that he 'was foolin around in ladies football' and other things that I can't quite recall. All I said is that he be given a chance, just as Mount Sion people would have been entitled to say if Meaney was in charge, just as DLS would have been if Derek McGrath was in charge (and by the way if they were appointed, I'd be saying the exact same thing for them).

Now that's about everytime I've mentioned the Fourmilewater club in posts. Given the amount of posts I make on this page, I do think it's ridiculous how selective you are being.

I can recall making similar defences of Clinton Hennessey, of Molumphy, I said Darragh Fives should not be dropped last year when some people were calling for it before the Galway game.

Give me a quote that shows my grievances before you make a b*llsh*t claim.

Think about how highly I would speak of Ken McGrath (no doubt I expressed my joy that he was added to the Management team) and think about how highly I speak of Tony Browne. I was delighted to hear that Martin O'Neill was back in the frame earlier in the year and showing up well.

But yeah of course, I have a problem with Mount Sion, because I didn't rush to exclaim how unfortunate the lads with the burns are :rolleyes: Think about the amount of players that get injured that neither you nor I have said anything about. So how is this different?

I'll tell you. The difference here is that Dickys Back Garden made a false accusation againt me, based completely on a misinterpretation of what I've said. I've since explained everything, which he has seemingly chosen to ignore because it would appear he wants me to be slagging off Mount Sion so that he can be the honourable clubmate sticking up for his boys. How admirable.

I never said anything about DBG not having the right to defend them, in fact I said I respect that, he just attacked the wrong person and now wouldn't accept his mistake which is irritating me a bit, I won't lie.

One final thing, in 2004 (I believe that's right) I was there when Mount Sion played Toomevara, and I was willing the ball to go over the bar from Ken's long range free in the dying moments. But yeah, I 'hate' Mount Sion :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement