Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Donkey16

ziggy123 wrote: »
    Can anyone help?
    I received my e-mail about being passed onto the CIC for the final phase of evaluation on the 17th of April. I'm eagerly waiting my letter of introduction as I'm flying out on the 3rd of May to start a job on the 7th.

Anyone know a reliable e-mail to contact, not having much luck getting in contact with anyone

How long were u waiting too hear back if your payment was successfully? Im a little stressed about whether my payment when through ok, you hear so many stories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ziggy123

I really hope so, the fact it's so close to my departure date is freaking me out, just wish they'd reply to e-mails!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ziggy123

I was waiting nearly two weeks for confirmation of payment, stress is the word! Everybody's time frames seem to be different so it's very hard to tell which is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

i think most people have been waiting 2 weeks for confirmation of payment. They wont respond anyway to emails about getting letter of introduction it says on the letter confirming reciept of payment they will only respond after it has been 6 weeks! So you just going to have to cross your fingers. But as i said i got mine aprox 11 days after getting the payment confirmed email.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

I was waiting nearly two weeks for confirmation of payment, stress is the word! Everybody's time frames seem to be different so it's very hard to tell which is horrible

Hey there,

You are right - everyones timeline is so different, it's really frustrating! My boyfriend's application was sent to the CIC on April 13th (same as jd83) and he hasn't received his LOI yet. Sucks!!

We are in a similar situation to you - he's in Canada and his visa expires on May 4th. We are meant to be flying to Mexico on May 4th so that he can get his new visa on the way back in. It's putting the pressure on for sure! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Right guys, so I could do with some advice if you have the time. I have been rejected based on habitual residency rule. But I re-read my application forms and it seems that I have messed up. So if you could bear with me, I would really appreciate your advice.

Right...Where to start.

On the application for work permit, form IMM1295E, question 7, I have put my country of residence as the UK. I moved here in Jan 2011 and have been here since and therefor put this down under the "from" section. However, as I am still living here, and intend to be until September, I put down 30/09/12 under the "to" section. This means that, based on these dates, come September, I will have been in the UK 21 months.

So I have messed up.

So....I had planned on "moving back to Ireland" on the 28/04/12, and re-applying from Ireland. This, would, in theory, mean that out of the last 36 months, I will have been living in Ireland for a total of 20 months.

Do you guys (and dolls!) think this will work?

TOTALLY gutted about getting rejected, but in suspect it may be because I put in the wrong dates on my form.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Can anyone help?
    I received my e-mail about being passed onto the CIC for the final phase of evaluation on the 17th of April. I'm eagerly waiting my letter of introduction as I'm flying out on the 3rd of May to start a job on the 7th.

Anyone know a reliable e-mail to contact, not having much luck getting in contact with anyone
    i was waiting 14 days for my LOI and alot of people were getting theres around then too. so more than likely you'll get yours monday! theys dont reply to email so don't waste your energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

My god the backlog must be really short now, I sent my second application last Friday because the first one got rejected and now today just five days later I've received my COR email, the first time I was waiting nearly four weeks, that is just unbelievable but absolutely great!

bpoleary wrote: »
    My god the backlog must be really short now, I sent my second application last Friday because the first one got rejected and now today just five days later I've received my COR email, the first time I was waiting nearly four weeks, that is just unbelievable but absolutely great!

Just out of interest mate, did they send back the complete application form along with all of the police certs etc?

iamthe43 wrote: »
    Just out of interest mate, did they send back the complete application form along with all of the police certs etc?
    Hey there, I've no idea because I spend most of my time in a different address that I'm only in temporarily while I'm working here and I put my hometown address on the forms I sent so they would have been sent back there, I sent the second set of forms the same day I got the rejection email because I had found out while I was waiting that I never validated the IMM 1295 form with the bar codes so I had everything ready in advance, I think they do send back all the forms, they should have arrived at my home address around today I should say

• Advertisement

Can someone who got their request for payment email, how many days did you have to make the payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shemfloy

Can someone who got their request for payment email, how many days did you have to make the payment?

12 days

shemfloy wrote: »
    12 days
    Oh that's grand, thanks very much!

Hey there, I've no idea because I spend most of my time in a different address that I'm only in temporarily while I'm working here and I put my hometown address on the forms I sent so they would have been sent back there, I sent the second set of forms the same day I got the rejection email because I had found out while I was waiting that I never validated the IMM 1295 form with the bar codes so I had everything ready in advance, I think they do send back all the forms, they should have arrived at my home address around today I should say

Cheers mate. I just got my rejected application forms back in the post acually so i'll be re-applying tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mycity

Donkey16 wrote: »
    Can anyone help?

How long were u waiting too hear back if your payment was successfully? Im a little stressed about whether my payment when through ok, you hear so many stories...

Not to add to your stress but here's my story...
    Letter to pay 1st April
    Paid 3rd April

I hadn't received a receipt so followed up with AIB. They eventually tracked my payement (which I made on one of the kiosks) & half of the reference no had disappeared. I am 100% sure I had this correct so somewhere in the system the last four or five digits were dropped.

I emailed the embassy on the 19th but haven't got a reply yet. The waiting game continues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

Hi guys,

I just need to clear something up... I know it's been mentioned once or twice but I can't seem to find a definite answer. What exactly does 'places left' mean on their site? As of today it's:
    Quota: 5,350
    Working Holiday places remaining: 1,650
    Updated: 25/04/2012

Does this mean LOIs given? Or conditional acceptances given? Or applications received?

I've only just applied and have gotten the notice of receipt email so I'm early stages yet and am really worried they'll run out.

I saw on the French immigration site here that it says:
    'The remaining places are calculated by taking into account all applications received by mail since November 16, 2011, whether they have been finalized or not.'

So is it the same for us? Am I counted in the numbers received or not?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Mycity wrote: »
    Letter to pay 1st April
    Paid 3rd April

I hadn't received a receipt so followed up with AIB. They eventually tracked my payement (which I made on one of the kiosks) & half of the reference no had disappeared. I am 100% sure I had this correct so somewhere in the system the last four or five digits were dropped.

I emailed the embassy on the 19th but haven't got a reply yet. The waiting game continues!!

I'd advise you to 'try' to chase this with them straight away - they will otherwise accept your money but reject your application, no if's, but's etc. Once you have been rejected, they are now adopting the policy of simply ignoring any appeals. Absolute incompetence (on their side!) as they still haven't acknowledged the issue with transferring the money online where the limit of the number of characters for the reference is less than the WTN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 senorsweeney

I'm in a very similar boat to you Ziggy in that i received this same letter on the 17th and am due to travel on 05 May so i feel it is going to be touch and go.

I don't see that there will be any value gained by trying to contact them at this point as it will not lead to you getting your LOI any quicker.

I've been checking the IEC website daily and they seem to be issuing out the Visas at a far faster rate now so it might just sneak through prior to 3 May.
    Can anyone help?

A friend of mine had his application refected on the basis of the 18 month residency ruling and he received his full application back in the post including garda certificate etc.
    iamthe43 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mycity

MrThrifty wrote: »
    Mycity wrote: »
    Letter to pay 1st April
    Paid 3rd April

I'd advise you to 'try' to chase this with them straight away - they will otherwise accept your money but reject your application, no if's, but's etc. Once you have been rejected, they are now adopting the policy of simply ignoring any appeals. Absolute incompetence (on their side!) as they still haven't acknowledged the issue with transferring the money online where the limit of the number of characters for the reference is less than the WTN number.

Hi MrThrifty,

I have emailed again.... Not aware of any other method to "contact" them. Fingers crossed.

Anyone reading, don't use the kiosks in AIB. It warned me that the reference was too long so I removed a couple of the dashes. What appeared on their statement was the first half of my WTN, not what was typed! Unbelievably frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Just got my coniditional acceptance

They've def speeded up

Here's my timeline:

Posted Mar 23rd
    Signed for in London - Mar 26th
    COR - Apr 18th
    Conditional Acceptance - Apr 26th

When sending in the IM1295 form, did you guys just send in the one you already had sent? Like without altering the dates?

Spot on, you should be sending them over the previously validated copy of the IM1295 form you completed at the application stage so just email that PDF over to them.
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Just got my coniditional acceptance

They've def speeded up

Here's my timeline:

Posted Mar 23rd
    Signed for in London - Mar 26th
    COR - Apr 18th
    Conditional Acceptance - Apr 26th

When sending in the IM1295 form, did you guys just send in the one you already had sent? Like without altering the dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kss

My Husbang got his visa at long last - first they blamed his security settings on his email, but they were wrong as he used GMail, then they said it was because his email address wasn't on the IMM form, but they were wrong!!! His LOI was issued on the 6th MArch like mine - 5 WEEKS of stress for nothing!!!!! ANyway....Vancouver here we come!!!!!!
    same thing happened to me. only received welcome message but did not receive LOI. i emailed to IEC but did not get any thing back yet. any idea how long IEC will take to reply your email at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

kss wrote: »
    same thing happened to me. only received welcome message but did not receive LOI. i emailed to IEC but did not get any thing back yet. any idea how long IEC will take to reply your email at this stage.
    well my husband emailed them as soon as he got the welcome letter to tell them he never received the LOI, they replied a few hours later & sent on LOI again.....they should reply to ye soon. veryyyy frustrating!!! best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Myself and the girlfriend got our conditional exceptance letters the other day. I paid both of them from my bank account, I put our unique WTN in the recipent reference. I assume this will do, she doesnt have to pay for hers from her bank account?

Also, I couldnt fit 'The Canadian Embassy' in to the account name so I put in 'Canadian Embassy' anyone else have to do the same?

Lastly, when emialing our electroic forms off I renamed the files to our world tracking number. so it was LDN-IE-...pdf and then sent them from the same email address in seperate emails. They wont mind that will they?

Guys, please see new details re the IEC 2012 as of yesterday.

"New Policy on the Residency Clause for Irish Passports Holders under the International Experience Canada Initiative

April 26, 2012
    A new policy on the residency clause for Irish passport holders applying to the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative has come into effect today, April 26, 2012.
    The IEC memorandum of understanding between Canada and Ireland stipulates, among other things, that in order to be eligible for the initiative, Irish applicants must:
    1. Be a citizen of Ireland and a resident of Ireland;
    2. Be 18 to 35 years of age (inclusively); and
    3. Hold a valid Irish passport.
    The concept “resident of Ireland” applies as follows:
    The candidate must have physically resided in Ireland for at least three years (36 months) right before applying to take part in IEC. An exception can be made to this rule if the candidate resided in another country to go to school or to work for a short period of time, but the period of time outside Ireland must not exceed 18 cumulative months in the three years preceding the application to IEC.
    The goal of this new policy is to offer greater flexibility in the application of the residency rule for Irish passport holders who reside or work in Northern Ireland.
    In order to avail this new policy, you must meet ALL of the following five criteria:
    1. You must be an Irish citizen;
    2. You must hold a valid Irish passport;
    3. You must have submitted your IEC application between January 1, 2012, and April 26, 2012;
    4. You must have physically resided in Ireland or Northern Ireland for 18 months or more in the 36 months preceding your application; and
    5. Your application to take part in IEC has been rejected by reason of residency.
    If you do not meet all five of the above criteria, your application is not eligible for reassessment under this new policy.
    If you meet ALL five of the above criteria and you would like your file to be reassessed, please contact us by email at ldn-iec@international.gc.ca before 5pm (GMT),Thursday, May 10, 2012. You will not be able to request a reassessment if you contact our office after that date.
    The subject line of your email must state “New Ireland policy.” Your email message must include your first and last names and your date of birth, as well as the World Tracking Number (WTN), found on your rejected application. Shortly thereafter, we will contact you with instructions on how to get your file reassessed.
    All new applications processed after April 26, 2012, will be assessed based on the new policy.
    Please read our FAQ on these changes."

If you have been rejected this year, perhaps its time to re-apply...

I know i will be anyway.

Jebus, if your up there!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Hi all, I am still waiting on my email to send the payment but reading the comments on how the WTN wont fit is scaring me, I was going to send it through AIB but I checked and it doesnt fit, what is the best way to send it does anyone know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

iamthe43: Im on my second application already. first time I filled out the GB forms instead of the IE forms (The irish embassy told us to go to the GB site). Why did you get rejected first time out?

Pollyme: I took out the dashes. The Guy who wrote this blog did the same and he was accepted

http://workingholidayincanada.com/blog/?p=199

Good luck guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

PollyMe wrote: »
    Hi all, I am still waiting on my email to send the payment but reading the comments on how the WTN wont fit is scaring me, I was going to send it through AIB but I checked and it doesnt fit, what is the best way to send it does anyone know? Thanks

Send it through online banking in aib and remove the dashes from the wtn and it should fit. Also the canadian embassy wont fit so just put canadian embassy. Then after a few days ring aib and make sure the payment went through and ask them what the reference number it went under was. If it is still the wtn no without the dashes you should be fine. If aib screwed up the reference number find out what it was changed to and email it on to iec.

Advertisement