Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I cut friends out and then I have no one so this is what I'm stuck with. I don't understand how everyone else always get these great groups of friends that they can talk to and hang out with and I have about 2 people. With everyone else it's up to me to contact them and even then there's no guarantee of a response, there's no guarantee of any effort. It's very clear that people are not interested in being my friend

It isn't easy. I have gone years without having any close friends. It takes work, lots of work, but you have to be confident. You are not going to make new friends if you are still friends with people that make you feel like sh!t are you?

I have two really close friends, they know everything about me. And maybe a further three friends and then acquaintances. Not many. But perfect for me. You will get it, it takes time but you will get there.

On another note. This sums up my view right now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

ihsb wrote: »
    It isn't easy. I have gone years without having any close friends. It takes work, lots of work, but you have to be confident. You are not going to make new friends if you are still friends with people that make you feel like sh!t are you?

Funny thing, I thought I had done that. Then it turns out that the new group are just the same as the old. It has to be me that's the prob

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Men. Just when you think you have them all figured out then BOOM! They do something to leave you baffled again... :(

Funny thing, I thought I had done that. Then it turns out that the new group are just the same as the old. It has to be me that's the prob

I used to think that. I went to counselling which helped a lot. But I still have relapses. I found most of my friends separate from each other so we were never a group. One of my best friends is 40, I am 23. It just goes to show that friends can come from the most randomest of backgrounds.

Finding a friend is harder then finding a lover. It sometimes takes years of being friendly with someone before you become close friends. Stick with it! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

ihsb wrote: »
    Finding a friend is harder then finding a lover. It sometimes takes years of being friendly with someone before you become close friends. Stick with it! xxx

+1
    This last year I've become good friends again with my best friend from growing up, we stopped talking in our teens (different schools and paths) but just found our way back to each other. Hoping to go visit her this summer.
    I also last week broke off contact to my best mate of the last 11 years. I just couldn't handle the crap friend she had become anymore.

Friends come and go imo, but the great ones take time and always come back to you. Don't be dishearted MCR, you always have here to talk in the meantime xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

EmilyO wrote: »
    I always feel so down around exam time, the pressure gets to me. Almost can't cope with it.

Get yourself out doing something. Take a break and have a laugh with friends or whatever. I played tennis yesterday and went for a cycle today. Exam stress and other stuff going on has my head wrecked but I find doing some exercise and taking a break, having a laugh with mates definitely helps.

It's shít at the moment but you will find some decent friends. What do you enjoy doing? Get yourself out there and mingle. These people are not worth getting upset over. Sound like assholes. :cool:

Tomorrow's (Today's) FRIDAY! WHOOP! I still have to study but its nearly Saturday WHOOP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

MCR we're always here <3 (like seriously) I dont think anone here would want anyone else to be sad. I think our little sisterhood(and Krudler) is awesome.

I saw the boy in his old navy uniform today.....phfoar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Don't put yourself down. Head along to a TLL meet up, that's what I need to do soon. I'm falling behind here :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity what was the event your mother/brother are going to? We might get a group to go with you yet :D

I just did something empowering and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel tomorrow about it :):eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Woo Friday! Today I will spend 8 hours in a jeep and then I think I'll require some tea and biscuits afterwards. Who's making the tea? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Woo Friday! Today I will spend 8 hours in a jeep and then I think I'll require some tea and biscuits afterwards. Who's making the tea? :)

Ill stick the kettle on, been awake since 4.30am!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Woke up at 6.30. Why does this happen every day I'm off work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Had a terrible nights sleep. On the plus side it meant I was up when himself was going to work and I got to see him looking all handsome in his new suit, but he's gone now and I'm still awake :(

5 hours in bed. Maybe 3 of sleep. My day off today and my brain won't shut off and my eyes are dry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning loungers. :)

Looking forward to volunteering in the LSPCA shop today. Should be good. I'm a bit nervous though. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks for the posts guys. I suppose I just thought I'd gotten away from this. All I want is for people to just like me and that seems like an impossible concept

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Good Luck Jane, it'll do you good to be out and about:D

My son just brought me tea in bed, I love days off:D:D Such an awesome little dude I have:D:D

Gonna go for a run on the dreadmill in a while cos it's waaaay too rainy to go out on the road:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

School has a coffee morning and cake sale on today, think I'll just have a coffee

Oh and a Danish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dancing around my room trying to write a lesson plan.......love this song :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Morning loungers. :)

Looking forward to volunteering in the LSPCA shop today. Should be good. I'm a bit nervous though. :o

Good on you, good luck... Try not to bring all the animals home:).

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Finished college today! :D

Will be soooo relieved when I have my last assignment handed up. I loved the course all year but the tutors have been hard work lately and I'll be glad to see the back of some of them! Will miss everyone in the course though. We had a great laugh together and I hope we stay in contact and meet up every so often.

Just the small matter of exams next week then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Good on you, good luck... Try not to bring all the animals home:).

Doooooo!!! I have a friend that works in the rescue shop here...she regularly brings home animals:D

I'd find it really hard to do that kind of work. I can't even watch animal rescue:o The 2 animals I have are rescues...I'd love loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Doooooo!!! I have a friend that works in the rescue shop here...she regularly brings home animals:D

I'd find it really hard to do that kind of work. I can't even watch animal rescue:o The 2 animals I have are rescues...I'd love loads more.

Unfortunately it's only a charity shop, they sell second hand books, clothes etc and all the money goes toward caring for the animals that the LSPCA have. I'm in from 10 until 1.30pm so hopefully it goes well. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

alright enough messing
    time to hit the books
    sigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Slept for the first time in days last night, hopefully it'll stand to me in my exam today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I just did something empowering and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel tomorrow about it :):eek::D

Naked photoshoot!?:confused:

Today, I'm going to do my tefl course, wash up, change my bed covers, visit my granny and buy potting soil so I can move some of the sprouts into a bigger pot.

I've a feeling I'm being hopeful, going to make myself a cup of tea first.

Cats are also loving the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Had a terrible nights sleep. On the plus side it meant I was up when himself was going to work and I got to see him looking all handsome in his new suit, but he's gone now and I'm still awake :(

Would that not have been a tear-the-suit-off-him-and-drag-him-back-to-bed moment then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I need to stop reading and watching so much SciFi/Fantasy stuff. Last night my dream had bits from:

BattleStar Galactica
    Harry Potter
    Game of Thrones
    World of Warcraft
    Star Wars
    and a lovely arts and crafts jewellery booth at a fair for good measure.

I really wish I could record my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Thanks for the posts guys. I suppose I just thought I'd gotten away from this. All I want is for people to just like me and that seems like an impossible concept

I like you!! :)
    jujibee wrote: »
    I need to stop reading and watching so much SciFi/Fantasy stuff. Last night my dream had bits from:

BattleStar Galactica
    Harry Potter
    Game of Thrones
    World of Warcraft
    Star Wars
    and a lovely arts and crafts jewellery booth at a fair for good measure.

I really wish I could record my dreams.

That sounds like my kind of dream- deadly! The OH says I talk in my sleep most nights. A few weeks ago I was speaking in star wars quotes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I get to see my girlfriend in a few hours, yay! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Name in bold, Links... shiny :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement