Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey there - ya know I'm the opposite!

My OH works on evening shift so we don't see each other Monday to Friday.
    I find it really helps me as I can spend my evenings eating healthy and going to exercise classes/gym. I find at the weekends he's a bad influence as he can eat whatever he wants and never puts on any weight!!

Try to use him being away to your advantage ;)

Hey thanks...I know what u mean, and normally Im very good when he isnt here! as he is usually the one to buy rubbish! I think last week I was just very down too, missing him.. Anyhow u are right I am going to use it to my advantage, not having to worry about dinners for him will be good, as I can concentrate on my meals and the lil ones. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well day 1 on F&H and I have to say I'm loving it!

Had a yummy banana sandwich and a yogurt for lunch (I texted my leader to see if Muller lite is 'free' and she doesnt think so, but is checking it out for me, I am hoping its free!), gonna have some fruit now, and a big baked potato with beans for dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    I have WI tonight.... still in the midst of TOTM ... did 2 miles walk the other night, and 3 miles yesterday (running and jogging... half and half.... ) was dead coming home.... had a sneaky look at the scales and im pretty sure nothing has moved... maybe a half a pound at best, but my scales aren't exactly reliable... just use them to see if im down anything at all....

At WI last week I was 11st 12lb.... but when I got home I routed out the scales and made sure it was still working for the OH to use and it said I was 12st 2..... granted I had had my dinner... but a handful of chips doesn't put on 4lb! ha!

The OH seems to be doing well though... he still eats chocolate and that but his dinner portions and what he actually has for dinner have totally changed. He was 15st 5lb last Wednesday, so he is waiting for me to get in tonight to weigh himself. The little one is loving having all the fresh fruit in the house. She eats like a bird usually but has been picking at fruit and "hard carrots" as she calls them. She is even trying new vegetables which is good because you couldn't put anything green on her plate before, as well as trying cous cous....which she said was "alright, a bit like plain rice"...

Good luck tonight Ali! I'm the same, arrived yesterday & have WI on Thursday. Have actually started moving this week! :eek: I haven't really since I started WW. So I did an hours horse riding, Davina twice, and 2 half hour walks on my lunch. Fingers crossed!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Definitely going to be up tonight. Stayed within my points and even did some exercise, maybe my body is in shock from the exercise...

I'm not bothered though, I lost 3lb last week completely out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Definitely going to be up tonight. Stayed within my points and even did some exercise, maybe my body is in shock from the exercise...

That's the way to tackle it! Good for you. I'm looking at this whole thing as the long haul, there are no quick fixes, and we'll all be up some weeks due to 'circumstances' beyond our control! :p The trick is to keep on truckin and we'll see the loss in the wekks afterwards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

That's the way to tackle it! Good for you. I'm looking at this whole thing as the long haul, there are no quick fixes, and we'll all be up some weeks due to 'circumstances' beyond our control! :p The trick is to keep on truckin and we'll see the loss in the wekks afterwards :D

Both of you are really correct.... I don't think I have ever been this motivated to go for the long haul.... I am going tonight for Week 5 WI and so far I have lost 8.5lb. My first week I lost 4lb and its been 1lb, 2lb & 1.5lb since then... So the way I see it is I am averaging just over 2lb a week which is fine by me! :D I am here for the long haul just going to chip away at the next 33lbs to goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Left it about 8 months ago and I can feel the lbs building up so wanna get back on track before I'm back where I started so rejoining tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ali85 wrote: »
    I have WI tonight.... still in the midst of TOTM ... did 2 miles walk the other night, and 3 miles yesterday (running and jogging... half and half.... ) was dead coming home.... had a sneaky look at the scales and im pretty sure nothing has moved... maybe a half a pound at best, but my scales aren't exactly reliable... just use them to see if im down anything at all....
    Das Kitty wrote: »

Weighing yourself after exercise is not a good idea as you will be up. Your body will be retaining water to re-hydrate and depending on the intensity your muscles will be swollen. It can take a few days for that to go away. That's why I prefer to do exercise Thurs-Sun and then take a break Mon and Tues before my WI.

Das Kitty you have the right attitude. 3lbs was a great loss last week so even if you are a little bit up or STS it won't have a lasting effect in the long run. That's the type of mind frame you need to get to goal.

I was down 1.5lbs today. Slightly disappointed I didn't lose the full 2lbs I gained last week but hopefully I'll lose it next week. Well done on all the great losses over the last day. There was some high numbers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

ShindyB wrote: »
    I've officially had enough of this. Up 1.5lb. So 5 weeks and €60 later I've only lost 2lbs. Don't think I'll be on here much more so everyone else keep on going.

Hey ShindyB! I really hope you stick with this. You'll feel worse if you give up and start gaining uncontrollably from now on. That happened to me before and now I'm 20 stone!! I just gave up because I wasn't losing fast enough compared to others. But that just led me to feel horrible about myself and gain more weight. I'd go to your leader and show her your tracker. Also make sure that you are pointing and measuring correctly. The reason I say this is because I didn't last week and ended up being up a lb. If after checking your tracker you are still not losing, maybe go to your doctor and make sure that your thyroid isn't playing up and making it more difficult to lose weight.

Whatever you do, don't give up!!

• Advertisement

Okay, so I'm just going to go on a little rant, don't mind me!

Ugh! I'm finding it really difficult to find exercise clothes to fit me. I'm about a size 24-26 and it's almost impossible to find suitable clothing. I'm not even looking for something fashionable, just something to cover me!!

I got a pair of bottoms in New Look, which are fine, but I found it really difficult to find suitable t-shirts!! I then went to Evans and found that their clothes were 1) really expensive on a student budget and 2) not that comfortable.

Where are other people getting their exercise clothing? It's hard to get motivated to do exercise, when you are too fat to find clothes to work out in!!!

Sorry about the rant, I'm just frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

rejoined this evening... this time i was given 26 propoints each day compared to 29 points before anyone know why?

Okay, so I'm just going to go on a little rant, don't mind me!

Ugh! I'm finding it really difficult to find exercise clothes to fit me. I'm about a size 24-26 and it's almost impossible to find suitable clothing. I'm not even looking for something fashionable, just something to cover me!!

I got a pair of bottoms in New Look, which are fine, but I found it really difficult to find suitable t-shirts!! I then went to Evans and found that their clothes were 1) really expensive on a student budget and 2) not that comfortable.

Where are other people getting their exercise clothing? It's hard to get motivated to do exercise, when you are too fat to find clothes to work out in!!!

Sorry about the rant, I'm just frustrated!

Hope I don't offend you when I suggest this, but have you looked in the men's section for t-shirts? You should have a look in Dunnes or Pennys. They could be handy and cheap while you're losing the weight. I agree Evans is very expensive. New look I've found their sleeves can be quite tight on the arms. Shopping does get easier so keep at it. It's probably my favourite part of losing weight although my bank balance probably doesn't think so :D

Don't worry, I'm not offended. I did think about getting men's t-shirts. I will do that if I have no other option, but I think it would make me a little self-conscious when I'm exercising at they gym. Though maybe that is a good thing? Something to motivate me to lose weight so I can fit into normal clothes! I just went onto New Look online and bought two vest tops that I probably could wear to the gym. We'll see when they arrive. It's times like this I wish I was living alone and I could just use exercise DVDs and it wouldn't matter what I wear!

Don't worry, I'm not offended. I did think about getting men's t-shirts. I will do that if I have no other option, but I think it would make me a little self-conscious when I'm exercising at they gym. Though maybe that is a good thing? Something to motivate me to lose weight so I can fit into normal clothes! I just went onto New Look online and bought two vest tops that I probably could wear to the gym. We'll see when they arrive. It's times like this I wish I was living alone and I could just use exercise DVDs and it wouldn't matter what I wear!

I wouldn't worry about being self-conscious. If you pick up a few plain t-shirts then no-one will even notice. Some girls even prefer wearing boys clothes for training anyway. I know I would borrow some t-shirts from my brothers if mine are all in the wash :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Evening All :)
    After being away for the weekend, I was truly not liking the thoughts of hopping on that scales this evening! My good plans for the weekend didn't exactly come off - Had some dodgy breakfasts and my evening dinners were substantial, to put it mildly! And, as for the alcohol consumed - Don't go there! :eek: But I did a hell of a lot of walking and I'm actually down 0.5 lb! :) Am thrilled because I was SO not expecting that! I think the walking saved me! Now, going to knuckle down this week and get back on track again, touch wood! ;)

Good Luck with all your WI's this evening, peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hî all just wondering does anyone know how many pp's in the new corona light??

Btw well done on all the losses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi!

Well I lost 1lb tonight meaning I have lost half a stone. Got my silver 7.

So happy! :) Congrats to all the losses, gains or sts chin up!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    rejoined this evening... this time i was given 26 propoints each day compared to 29 points before anyone know why?

I've stuck to 29 pro points.
    It seems most leaders are saying to stay there if your happy & its working and drop to the 26 for a kick start or of you're reached a plateau.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Definitely +1 on the men's t-shirts. I live in them at home and at my biggest (18 stone 3lb), I needed a nice loose t-shirt with decent arm coverage for a Zumba class I joined. I got a Mr.Men t-shirt in Dunnes that didn't have any Mr.Men writing on it, just the picture and it was grey and pink :) Was perfect, flowy and decent arm coverage. Hate ladies t-shirts full stop, even if they do fit. They never cover the bingo wings!! You can get t-shirts that don't look like they are from the men's section at all :)

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Definitely +1 on the men's t-shirts. I live in them at home and at my biggest (18 stone 3lb), I needed a nice loose t-shirt with decent arm coverage for a Zumba class I joined. I got a Mr.Men t-shirt in Dunnes that didn't have any Mr.Men writing on it, just the picture and it was grey and pink :) Was perfect, flowy and decent arm coverage. Hate ladies t-shirts full stop, even if they do fit. They never cover the bingo wings!! You can get t-shirts that don't look like they are from the men's section at all :)

and +1 again! I live in mens t-shirts! Always buy a stack of them anytime I go to Penneys - at about €4 each, they are brill! They won't last you years but at that price who cares - they're comfy and long in the arms and body. And some of them are very cool-looking but I'm an awful Tomboy anyways! :D Love all those retro slogan ones they do! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

so folks.... just back from WI.... down 2.5lb!!! I am thrilled!!! I got my 5%!!!

11lbs gone.... only 3 more to my stone.... really delighted coz as it being TOTM I genuinely thought I would see little difference tonight....

really thrilled! :D Congrats on all the WI's folks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hî all just wondering does anyone know how many pp's in the new corona light??

Btw well done on all the losses!!

I would assume 3 or 4PP. Alcohol being light does not affect the propoints value of drinks favourably. It is only if the alcohol content is lower, then the propoints value would be lower.

Skinny Doll has pointed lager per bottle at 3PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi Everyone,

hope everyone is having a good week. Had my WI this evening and was down 1.5lbs, total weight gone now is 3 stone 3.5lbs . i currently weight 13 stone 1.5lbs

i have given myself 3 mini goals to try to motivate myself

Goal 1 - loose 2lbs and that will put me in the 12 stone bracket (just about!)
    Goal 2 - loose 3.5lbs and get my 7th silver seven
    Goal 3 - loose 4.5lbs and get my certificate for loosing 50lbs

i have my nieces confirmation on march 10th and ideally i would like to have met all 3 goals by then. fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hey guys :)

just asking for a bit of advice! It'll be my friend's birthday Saturday night, so we're having a big night out. I'll be making goujons and cocktail sausages, and there'll be cake, crisps, dips the usual. I will also be drinking quite a lot of vodka (!) so I'm asking for your tips on how to avoid all of the food? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Down 2lb tonight ....Thats 2st 5lb since november...Starting to belive that i might actually get to my target weight of 12st....10 years since i weighted 14st 11lb....Happy days :D

del88 wrote: »
    Down 2lb tonight ....Thats 2st 5lb since november...Starting to belive that i might actually get to my target weight of 12st....10 years since i weighted 14st 11lb....Happy days :D

Thats brill del88! Just passed the stone mark and 2st seems like an AGE away for me! Fair play and well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

twirlagig wrote: »
    Thats brill del88! Just passed the stone mark and 2st seems like an AGE away for me! Fair play and well done! :)
    Am delighted...stick with it...twirlagig of six months time will be very appreciative...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

messrs wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

hope everyone is having a good week. Had my WI this evening and was down 1.5lbs, total weight gone now is 3 stone 3.5lbs . i currently weight 13 stone 1.5lbs

i have given myself 3 mini goals to try to motivate myself

Goal 1 - loose 2lbs and that will put me in the 12 stone bracket (just about!)
    Goal 2 - loose 3.5lbs and get my 7th silver seven
    Goal 3 - loose 4.5lbs and get my certificate for loosing 50lbs

i have my nieces confirmation on march 10th and ideally i would like to have met all 3 goals by then. fingers crossed!!!

i'm in awe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

rawwrrrr wrote: »
    Hey guys :)

just asking for a bit of advice! It'll be my friend's birthday Saturday night, so we're having a big night out. I'll be making goujons and cocktail sausages, and there'll be cake, crisps, dips the usual. I will also be drinking quite a lot of vodka (!) so I'm asking for your tips on how to avoid all of the food? :/

Hey rawwrrr,

It can be a bit of a tricky one but if you plan ahead and figure out what you want and how you'll approach it then you can still have a great night and stay within your points.

I usually try to fill up on low points foods during the day - eat loads but as little points as possible so your fairly full going - you don't want to be hungry! And use your weeklies and whatever is left of you daily points for drinks and food then.

If your bringing food over, maybe bring some low point options? E.g. Crackers spread with philly and topped with grapes and apple slices or low fat hummous. Or you could make something sweet like the oat cookies recipe posted by baileypants on her blog and bring low point crisps or even a fresh fruit salad. None of these things are very obviously "diet" foods, they're things most people will probably want to pick on and it might help you to stay on track.

And decide in advance what you're drinking. If its alcohol then try to avoid beers, cider and wine (unfortunately! unless you have the points and really want a few) and use diet mixers with spirits. Or if your on minerals, then water and diet drinks are really the way to go. My fav is sparkling water with a dash of lime as get such bad sugar headaches if I drink 7up or something like that all night.

Hope that helps a bit.

Congrats to everyone on the great weight loss - you should be so proud!

And for anyone feeling a bit sick of it and wondering whats the point - I think that we all feel like that at some stage (me last friday!) but just keep going - stay on the ww wagon and you'll reap the benefits - it'll be worth it in the end! (Motivational speech over) ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement