Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Down a half pound- delighted!!

I'm not too far from goal weight but have a hectic month ahead of me going out wise!

Have 2 nights out this weekend- The plan is to be as good as gold from now til Saturday, eat something filling for dinner and enjoy my drinks and similar story sunday, I'm great at making these plans but sticking to them is not my strong point, will walk/jog everyday too except for sunday, fingers crossed this will work! Any other tips?

Baileypants- Looking forward to getting the oat cookie recipe too- sounds yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

befriend1 wrote: »
    Hey!!

Aww thanks for the feedback, I had been looking at them on my mobile and never checked them oops! I better be more careful from now on. That chocolate list that was originally from Lainy looks amazing!

My gosh not at all! I just would hate to see someone pointing someone and it being more. It's happened to me SOOOO many times and it can be so annoying.

Speaking of lists of pp this blog

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

has been a god send to me. There all in sections down the right hand side. Fantastic resource, it's a blog from one of the posters on here a while back I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

intouch44 wrote: »
    Down a half pound- delighted!!

I'm not too far from goal weight but have a hectic month ahead of me going out wise!

Have 2 nights out this weekend- The plan is to be as good as gold from now til Saturday, eat something filling for dinner and enjoy my drinks and similar story sunday, I'm great at making these plans but sticking to them is not my strong point, will walk/jog everyday too except for sunday, fingers crossed this will work! Any other tips?

Baileypants- Looking forward to getting the oat cookie recipe too- sounds yummy :)

You motivated me to get up and actually post it there, so thank you! :-)

Now the photos are not in order, will have to sort them later on ;-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/02/oat-cookies-2pp-each.html

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

anyone watching biggest loser????

I don't like them girls on the white team.... In saying that... I haven't watched it before tonight... just think they are very mean to the black girl.... she seems like she is really trying and they just seem to be picking at her.... and leaving her out...

Sorry I don't know any of the names......

Hope she beats them at the weigh in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Dee01 wrote: »
    Yummy dinner tonight. Chicken into a bag with carrots, garlic, onion and courgette with the season and shake (5pp per portion - 4pp for the chicken and 1pp for the season stuff) and on the side 4pp worth of straight to WOK noodles (2 packets divided into 3 portions) cooked in soy sauce, chilli and a small bit of garlic salt. YUM and i am so stuffed.

I had this last night, but i put potateos in the bag so no noodles for me must try it your way
    Reached goal weight last year, was on 29 propoints...haven't been to ww in 4 months ... just wondering who are ww advising to drop to 26 propoints?? :)

I would say if you can do 29 and lose to stick with it, the difference is only 120cals so a banana less a day!
    JudyD wrote: »
    @tiny_penguin: Just checked mine on some clothes websites as well and yeah they're totally skewed so no help to you there - sorry!

On the plus side down 3.5lbs today at WI - thrilled! :D
    On the negative - my little fella started making a fuss during the meeting so I had to leave (would hate to interrupt the talk for anyone else) so a bit peeved about that as its the time when I get my head straight for the rest of the week. :mad:

Congrats great loss

Random Question but has ww turned anyone else in to a walking scar? I have 3 oven burns on one hand and i got my biggest one to date tonight.. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I lost 5lbs today :eek: I was so surprised and delighted that I swear I nearly started to cry at the scales (you'd swear I got to goal or something, total drama queen) I just was not expecting it. I had resigned myself to the idea that I was just gonna lose it slowly and that was it! So I got my first silver 7, got my 5% and only 3lbs til my stone :D On Cloud 9 over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

I lost 5lbs today :eek: I was so surprised and delighted that I swear I nearly started to cry at the scales (you'd swear I got to goal or something, total drama queen) I just was not expecting it. I had resigned myself to the idea that I was just gonna lose it slowly and that was it! So I got my first silver 7, got my 5% and only 3lbs til my stone :D On Cloud 9 over here!

Wow, congrats, that's fantastic. Great weight loss

ali85 wrote: »
    anyone watching biggest loser????

I don't like them girls on the white team.... In saying that... I haven't watched it before tonight... just think they are very mean to the black girl.... she seems like she is really trying and they just seem to be picking at her.... and leaving her out...

Sorry I don't know any of the names......

Hope she beats them at the weigh in.....

Was just going to say! I haven't watched it before tonite either & was very confused about all this 'pact' business?!?!

Oh my God Tiny! Absolutely amazing! Congratulations! Enjoy now hun, especially seen as you weren't expecting it! And use it to motivate yourself for this week! Woo Hoo!! :-)

OMG!!!!!!! That is brilliant!!!! WOW!!!!! I would say Mary was screaming the place down!!!! :D:D:D Totally thrillied for you!!!! That is AMAZING!!! :D You should be so proud of yourself!!!! :D:D xxxx

• Advertisement

Was just going to say! I haven't watched it before tonite either & was very confused about all this 'pact' business?!?!

I don't like that girl.... the one who was saved coz of breaking the pact?! Is it sarah? or Claire??? The welsh one.... Just think she is a boot!!!!

Po faced wagon!!!! I was willing her to lose nothing!!!!

oh well... they are going to put it up to her next week!!!

ali85 wrote: »

I don't like that girl.... the one who was saved coz of breaking the pact?! Is it sarah? or Claire??? The welsh one.... Just think she is a boot!!!!

Po faced wagon!!!! I was willing her to lose nothing!!!!

oh well... they are going to put it up to her next week!!!

How do you know so much ?!? Ha ha :-)

Thanks guys havent stopped smiling since! Ali - Mary was brilliant gave me a huge hug and made a big deal about giving me my 7 in the class!!

Baileypants - those oat cookies look lovely, have to try them. Were the crunchy or chewy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well was shocked to find I lost 1.5 lbs tonight! I'll need to seriously pull back this week if I'm to lose next week!

@ monife- it's awful isn't it?! I just have to try and turn it into a positive, as in I won't have rubbish in the house cos he usually buys it!

Watched the biggest loser, god they are all so bitchy, including the men! I think it's terrible tbh, cos they all have the same goal-to lose weight but they are motivated by the money and the 'biggest loser' title.. So there is not much team work at all.. I'd hate it.

In going to try and do a f&h day tomorrow to see how it goes, has anybody tried it???

Well done tiny penguin on your weightloss! That's fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Down 1.5 at todays weigh in!
    0.5 to go to get my silver 7! Determined to get it off by next week, and more hopefully!

Going to make some soup tomorrow and might try those oat cookies! They look yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Well done on all the losses folks!!....Some skinny people on here...

Quick question - does anyone have an idea of the points of cinema popcorn (without butter)....say even an amount for a small portion?....Thanks!

Someone mentioned the Skinny Dolls blog earlier today - someone else not on boards recommended it this evening too - worth a read! - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Down 2.5 lbs. Delighted with myself after being up 1.5lbs last week (stupid period, ggrrr) and there was pretty much no excercise done so I'm very happy with myself. Getting back out walking now starting tomorrow and while I know I'll be in a heap after about 10 minutes, I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Had an amazing dinner tonight, I was so pleased with myself. I made spicy crab cakes (3pp) to start, then salmon and spinach parcels with a few baby potatoes and snow peas (13pp), and a ww brownie dessert thingy (4pp) to finish. Full as a bingo bus after it but it was absolutely gorgeous. The other half, who would live on take-away if I let him, loved it too which made me really happy.

When I did WW before I got into this habit of coming back from class having lost weight and thinking "Oooh I did so well I'm going to treat myself" and we'd get something stupid like a chipper or a pizza (!). I'm determined not to get into that habit again. It's like taking a step back and then I feel guilty for the following week. I'm not saying I'll never have another take-away again but I don't want it to be every bloody Tuesday :P

Well done on all the losses folks!

Thanks guys havent stopped smiling since! Ali - Mary was brilliant gave me a huge hug and made a big deal about giving me my 7 in the class!!

Baileypants - those oat cookies look lovely, have to try them. Were the crunchy or chewy?

Chewy ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well done on all the losses folks!!....Some skinny people on here...

Quick question - does anyone have an idea of the points of cinema popcorn (without butter)....say even an amount for a small portion?....Thanks!

Someone mentioned the Skinny Dolls blog earlier today - someone else not on boards recommended it this evening too - worth a read! - http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

The PP for popcorn is on Skinny Doll's Blog.

9PP for a small
    12PP for a medium

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Heading to weigh in, feel bloated and yucky for some reason! well done on the fantastic weight losses this week ladies!let's hope I can add to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Definitely have to try baileypants's cookie recipe today, they look yummy! thanks bailey! I wonder if they could be frozen? Id imagine so...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

I've officially had enough of this. Up 1.5lb. So 5 weeks and €60 later I've only lost 2lbs. Don't think I'll be on here much more so everyone else keep on going.

ShindyB wrote: »
    I've officially had enough of this. Up 1.5lb. So 5 weeks and €60 later I've only lost 2lbs. Don't think I'll be on here much more so everyone else keep on going.

Ah Shindy, don't give up. Show your leader your tracker.... There has to be some reason that the weight is not moving as quick as you would like. It could be something really silly like not pointing something that needed pointing... Don't give up. You are really motivational on this. I would speak to the leader next week and let her know that you are totally disillusioned. Its her job to point out to you where you might need a change.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Shindy sorry to hear that, but if anything that's even more reason to be on here... Boards is free your WI isn't. You said you felt bloated & yucky prior to your WI that could be a lot to do with it. Do you genuinely feel that based on your week you should be down? Did you eat well, exercise etc. I'm not trying to be patronizing I'm just genuinely asking. If you feel you had a good week tracked & ate well & exercised then I agree you should be down so there must be another reason - TOTM? Constipation, water retention etc only you know the answer to that.

Don't use this as a reason to throw in the towel if you genuinely want this you have to persevere. Paying a tenner a week doesn't help you lose weight, maybe try going it alone like many of us on here are doing? But maybe you feel the need for a WI to be accountable? I don't know. But don't let one week of being up throw you look at Tiny penguin losing 5lbs that can happen to you too you might have a few weeks of a small loss or no loss & then bang it all comes off together.

If you want this keep the faith post on here a bit more & ask for help from your leader or here if you want to. Don't let the gain throw you off course & use it to fall off the wagon because if you do & you genuinely want it. You'll regret it when you come out the other side. That's just my 2 cents take it or leave it it's up to you. But I do get that you are pi**ed off. We're here for you if you want it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all..

First off, thanks Kay80 for giving me the pp for my friend, much appreciated!

Glad to see everyone is doing well, I have been awful this week (my oh is staying in Dublin during week due to work and I am bored at night) which has resulted in me just eating and eating!

I was nearly not gonna bother going to my WW class tonight but have decided to turn a negative into a positive. He is going to be away Mon-Fri every week for the forseeable future, I can either start piling on the weight and feel crap or I can look at it that while he is away I lose weight and feel a lot better!

So I am going to sit down later and work out a menu for the week and do a shop tomorrow.

On a different note, has anyone tried the filling and healthy days?
    If so is it any good?

Hey there - ya know I'm the opposite!

My OH works on evening shift so we don't see each other Monday to Friday.
    I find it really helps me as I can spend my evenings eating healthy and going to exercise classes/gym. I find at the weekends he's a bad influence as he can eat whatever he wants and never puts on any weight!!

Try to use him being away to your advantage ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

The biggest loser has turned into a bitch fest..

They are all so mean now.. it looks like bullying and getting rid of the best competition. I much rathered the elimination last week where they had to compete to stay instead of votes.

ShindyB wrote: »

Don't give up at all - think of what 5 weeks could have done had you not been going. You could easily be up half a stone instead of down 2lbs! Keep posting and like ali said, try giving your leader your tracker to see whats going on!

The biggest loser has turned into a bitch fest..

They are all so mean now.. it looks like bullying and getting rid of the best competition. I much rathered the elimination last week where they had to compete to stay instead of votes.

Last night was my first night watching it...a bit late in the day I know! ha!

But from the moment I turned it on I took an instant dislike to them two blondie girls... Even in the task they decided they were doing the running, so Tamara had to sit it out... ok that exercise wouldn't have made much of a dent in their weight loss but she could have even lost half a pound or a pound.... Every little bit helps like... It seemed to me to be bullying...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    My gosh not at all! I just would hate to see someone pointing someone and it being more. It's happened to me SOOOO many times and it can be so annoying.

Speaking of lists of pp this blog

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/

has been a god send to me. There all in sections down the right hand side. Fantastic resource, it's a blog from one of the posters on here a while back I think.

I'm still on here when time allows it! LOL Glad you like the blog... I try to keep it updated when new stuff comes on the market... I'd be lost without my lists! x

• Advertisement

I have WI tonight.... still in the midst of TOTM ... did 2 miles walk the other night, and 3 miles yesterday (running and jogging... half and half.... ) was dead coming home.... had a sneaky look at the scales and im pretty sure nothing has moved... maybe a half a pound at best, but my scales aren't exactly reliable... just use them to see if im down anything at all....

At WI last week I was 11st 12lb.... but when I got home I routed out the scales and made sure it was still working for the OH to use and it said I was 12st 2..... granted I had had my dinner... but a handful of chips doesn't put on 4lb! ha!

The OH seems to be doing well though... he still eats chocolate and that but his dinner portions and what he actually has for dinner have totally changed. He was 15st 5lb last Wednesday, so he is waiting for me to get in tonight to weigh himself. The little one is loving having all the fresh fruit in the house. She eats like a bird usually but has been picking at fruit and "hard carrots" as she calls them. She is even trying new vegetables which is good because you couldn't put anything green on her plate before, as well as trying cous cous....which she said was "alright, a bit like plain rice"...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement