Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

It's £17 (20.50 Euro) on amazon.

28 euro in total with delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Beekay wrote: »
    Oh sorry. When I ordered it I got with a few other things and it was free. I think you have to pay over a certain amount to get free delivery.

Oh sorry. When I ordered it I got with a few other things and it was free. I think you have to pay over a certain amount to get free delivery.
    No worries! Will have to see if there is anything else I want!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Over £25 I think. Cheaper (by a pound) to get the delivery paid. Every little helps I shuppose. :pac:

Just wondering about the activation with steam. The PC I wanna play this on has no internet connection at the moment. Guessing its not possible to activate on one PC with internet connection and then play on another without?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just wondering about the activation with steam. The PC I wanna play this on has no internet connection at the moment. Guessing its not possible to activate on one PC with internet connection and then play on another without?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555
    Offline Mode allows you to play games through Steam without reconnecting to the Steam Network every time you wish to play - this is particularly useful if you do not plan on playing over the internet and would prefer not to download new updates for your single-player games.

Please note that you must connect to the Steam Network and test each of the games you would like to use in Offline Mode at least once to set up your account and configure Offline Mode on your machine.

Any use to ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ganso

Anyone else had much luck with him?
    Signed him for 22 million
    All the scouts and coaches say he is an important player for the team, but TBH he is injured most of the time and his goals\assists and MOM and ratings arent much to write home about!

Last season 23 League appearences, 3 goals, 3 assists 1 MOM rating 7.24
    and thats been his best season!
    Anyway Real Madred offered 30 million so I bit their hand off!

Injuries over 3 years
    A damaged arm - 10 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    Fractured arm - 4 weeks
    Stubbed toe - 6 days
    Pulled hamstring 3 weeks
    strained neck 7 days
    bruised thigh 5 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    gashed arm - 4 days
    twisted knee - 2 weeks
    strained wrist - 9 days
    dead leg - 2 days
    bruised rib 5 days
    Fractured ribs - 4 weeks
    dead leg 5 days
    broken nose 12 days

Dempsey wrote: »

If it lets me install steam on the non internet connected pc then I don't see why not! Will have to take a look! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ganso

All the scouts and coaches say he is an important player for the team, but TBH he is injured most of the time and his goals\assists and MOM and ratings arent much to write home about!

Injuries over 3 years
    A damaged arm - 10 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    Fractured arm - 4 weeks
    Stubbed toe - 6 days
    Pulled hamstring 3 weeks
    strained neck 7 days
    bruised thigh 5 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    gashed arm - 4 days
    twisted knee - 2 weeks
    strained wrist - 9 days
    dead leg - 2 days
    bruised rib 5 days
    Fractured ribs - 4 weeks
    dead leg 5 days
    broken nose 12 days

Have an eye on him and Mata, Mata is a bit more expensive I'd say and stat wise doesn't look as good but if Ganso is injury prone I'd rather pay the extra...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

What does it say for natural Fitness in his stats?

maybe someone switched his stats with Michael Owen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

IPAM wrote: »
    Have an eye on him and Mata, Mata is a bit more expensive I'd say and stat wise doesn't look as good but if Ganso is injury prone I'd rather pay the extra...

get Hamsik or William, much much better.
    I have Mata as well and he is good as an impact sub, as I dont give him enough game time

A lot of players start as quality but in FM 2011, you really have to play them or they decline in the coaches\scouts eyes (Like Mata)

Bascially I have Goetze on the left, Hamsik and DM in midfield and then rotate William or Cavani on the right attacking with Torres up front.

Ganso

Injuries over 3 years
    A damaged arm - 10 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    Fractured arm - 4 weeks
    Stubbed toe - 6 days
    Pulled hamstring 3 weeks
    strained neck 7 days
    bruised thigh 5 days
    Concussion - 6 days
    gashed arm - 4 days
    twisted knee - 2 weeks
    strained wrist - 9 days
    dead leg - 2 days
    bruised rib 5 days
    Fractured ribs - 4 weeks
    dead leg 5 days
    broken nose 12 days

IRL, he done his knee last year and his comeback has been blighted with hamstring injuries so the game has it down to a tee. If you scouted him enough, they should have highlighted that he was susceptible to injuries, your coaches/physios should have commented on this too.

In my game, his physical stats in my game have declined abit despite only being 29, he also has a long niggly injury list.

In last years game (last time I had him), his goal/assist/MoM stats were never exceptional until he settled, i.e. learned english (took 3-4 years). Despite this, my team struggled without him, the stats that were always impressive was his general play stats. He was the main reason that my team had more possession, less likely to loose the ball and generate more scoring opportunities.

What sort of training schedule are you using on him?

Anyone know where the fake files are for the 12.1 patch, seems they have changed where they normally put them. Dont want fake squads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The latest patch also broke Genie Scout. The database has changed format so GS can't read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anyone else notice the transfer system gets a bit ridiculous at times or is it just my current save.

Im managing QPR in the championship now and hardly anyone wants to join the club, Stephen Ireland went to shamrock rovers on free for about 10% of the wages i offered. None of my youth players want to enter contract negotiations, anyone i try get on loan clubs ask for massive loan fees.
    2 players even went to league 1 on loan instead of joining my team, its gone a bit strange.

Also when i joined QPR they were doing ****e, so somehow after 2 games my job was under pressure because of their **** league position even though i got 4 points

Anyone else notice the transfer system gets a bit ridiculous at times or is it just my current save.

Im managing QPR in the championship now and hardly anyone wants to join the club, Stephen Ireland went to shamrock rovers on free for about 10% of the wages i offered. None of my youth players want to enter contract negotiations, anyone i try get on loan clubs ask for massive loan fees.
    2 players even went to league 1 on loan instead of joining my team, its gone a bit strange.

Also when i joined QPR they were doing ****e, so somehow after 2 games my job was under pressure because of their **** league position even though i got 4 points

The perception is that you are failing and you dont have the reputation to woo players it looks like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Possibly, i started off in lower leagues as a bit of a challenge, hardly failing though

Possibly, i started off in lower leagues as a bit of a challenge, hardly failing though

Blame the fickle fans! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Steam ran an update and my match's have been running fantastically!

Match Speed at its top was really slow and now you can hardly see the players zooming around the pitch it's running so fast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

anyone else getting a "this game is currently unavailable.please try again another time" message when they try to start up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bizarre first half!

Picture%2B1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How do ya save the data displayed in the split screen during matches?
    I mean, if I have an overview on the left, and formation on the right, how do I set it so it stays like that for every match? The bloody thing keeps changing on me and its rotting my hole now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm still with Newcastle and it's now the 18/19 season. I'm making slow steady progress but when I got up as far as finishing 5th place a couple of seasons in a row I couldn't go any further. I so decided to revamp my squad and tweaked my scouting.

For some reason, Mexico has a lot of super youngsters (regens) and I signed 5 quality youngsters (4 under 21 and the other 23) who were all not only great potentially but already better than my current starters in their respective positions.

The best signing was a striker called "Juan Flores". He's an absolute goal machine! He's keeping Daniel Sturridge out of the team who has been my POTY for the past 4 seasons and has scored a goal every second game since he joined.

it's now Dec 30 and he's scored 17 goals in 16 games. We've won 13, drawn 2 and lost 1. I'm now 2nd in the league behind Arsenal who are tearing it up but i'm extremely happy with the progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm now 2nd in the league behind Arsenal who are tearing it up but i'm extremely happy with the progress.

what's the Arsenal team like? Did they keep the young players they have now or did they buy the megastars like they always seem to in mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They're not specifically young. They've an average age of 27 (mine is 25).

They've been singing some top players. I was trailing a young Mexican striker and was in negotiations and had agreed to pay him approx £40k p/w when Arsenal swooped in and agreed to pay him £140k p/w and he's a beast. He's 20 but has to have one of the best collections of stats of any striker in the game!

They're also killing it in all the cup competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

My exams are over. Is this worth getting? Wasnt a big fan of FM11 and so not sure whether I should get this un....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My exams are over. Is this worth getting? Wasnt a big fan of FM11 and so not sure whether I should get this un....

I haven't been hooked in a few years, tried my best with this one but just can't get into it.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I haven't been hooked in a few years, tried my best with this one but just can't get into it.

I really liked 10 but hate all the agent crap that came with 11....just going to have a lot of time on my hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I really liked 10 but hate all the agent crap that came with 11....just going to have a lot of time on my hands :)

I'm talking more 2001-2002 than 2010. :D Haven't had a decent run at it since it became FM as far as I remember.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'm talking more 2001-2002 than 2010. :D Haven't had a decent run at it since it became FM as far as I remember.

02 was the nuts!

Advertisement