Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Half embarassed to put up pictures of our stock comparing them to the likes of bizzum and muckit but here goes :)

4 weanling heifers that I am thinking of keeping on for breeding

Photo0147.jpg

Photo0149.jpg

Photo0151.jpg

Photo0153.jpg

A cow here that got a rupture the other day. Pity because she is a fairly good breeding cow

Photo0148.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Few photos of a July 2010 pedigree belgian blue heifer I have left over from the pedigree experiment.[IMG][/img]058lo.th.jpg
    [IMG][/img]054yn.th.jpg 052ii.th.jpg 053skz.th.jpg 059cd.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭limo_100

Few photos of a July 2010 pedigree belgian blue heifer I have left over from the pedigree experiment.[IMG][/img]058lo.th.jpg
    [IMG][/img]054yn.th.jpg 052ii.th.jpg 053skz.th.jpg 059cd.th.jpg

great looking heifer. what age was she when the photo was taken? is she from a reticent heifer? and whats she breed from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

limo_100 wrote: »
    great looking heifer. what age was she when the photo was taken? is she from a reticent heifer? and whats she breed from

She was 15 months when that photo was taken. She was actually carried by her own mother but had to be fostered onto a simmental cow who had lost her own calf as the mother had very little milk. She is after a stock bull who was a son of Daffydd D'ochain and the mother was a Ballygrange Alex daughter.
    I am going to sell her on in the next couple of weeks as I have a few embryos in storage for the last year or more and she should free up a few pound to help fund the purchase of recipients to carry these embryos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Pic 112 and 113. A freshly calved LimX BA heifer calved down at 26 mths.
    Bull calf at foot by FL22.

Pic 114. Almost full sister to above heifer. Approx 680 kgs.

These 2 heifers are by the AI Lim bull RSJ, they were born within a week of each other and were like peas in a pod.
    Pic 114 is out of the nice BA x CH cow I posted recently.

• Advertisement

Here's some bird:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Bizzum wrote: »
    Pic 112 and 113. A freshly calved LimX BA heifer calved down at 26 mths.
    Bull calf at foot by FL22.

Pic 114. Almost full sister to above heifer. Approx 680 kgs.

These 2 heifers are by the AI Lim bull RSJ, they were born within a week of each other and were like peas in a pod.
    Pic 114 is out of the nice BA x CH cow I posted recently.

Nothing useful to add other than to say RSJ is a class code for a bull :)

JohnBoy wrote: »
    Nothing useful to add other than to say RSJ is a class code for a bull :)

Rolled Steel Joist.:D
    If you want some of the action you may get straws quick, it may even be too late, he could be gone. I can nearly tell all his calves here to look at their heads, lovely tidy heads on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was there a bull with the code GAY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

whelan1 wrote: »
    DO NOT do a Google Images search for "GAY bull" with Safe Search off!!! :(

• Advertisement

Not so sure about that. There was a BB GUY ................And a Charolais SUX:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

For me the current one that gets me every time is Ryde Uranos.:p

Karen112 wrote: »
    For me the current one that gets me every time is Ryde Uranos.:p

It's some handle alright!
    I see they have a cow in the herd called: Ryde Pretty Woman:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Lovely morning........thought I would share these with ye. Texel X Lleyn ewe lambs being mated with Vendeen rams. No cross compliant issues here! Who would farm any other way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

nice neet and tidy job job rancher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

rancher wrote: »
    Lovely morning........thought I would share these with ye. Texel X Lleyn ewe lambs being mated with Vendeen rams. No cross compliant issues here! Who would farm any other way?

lovely grass, great set up you have there, how many rams do you have in there and do they not knock 7 bells of Sh*t out of each other ?!

Bodacious wrote: »
    lovely grass, great set up you have there, how many rams do you have in there and do they not knock 7 bells of Sh*t out of each other ?!
    Too many, four adults and two lambs out for practise, just the way it worked out, two rams would have done. When i need to mix them, I put them in a tight area, a pen, trailer, or shed, for 24 hrs, they will still fight, but as they haven't room to charge at each other, they don't get hurt. and then under observation in a bigger area for 24hr and that usually works.

Bodacious wrote: »
    You probably know that rams fight after shearing, you have to use the same method again

Heres a few calves we weaned the other day

Photo0156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Looking for a good home and a few euro for the nephew:D

Well there his:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Pie Man

From todays Farmers Journal
    5p4fbl.jpg
    11jqlxk.jpg

Pie Man wrote: »
    From todays Farmers Journal
    5p4fbl.jpg
    11jqlxk.jpg

She hasnt tagged too many calves I would say, You would think someone would have told her she was putting them on backwards!!

She hasnt tagged too many calves I would say, You would think someone would have told her she was putting them on backwards!!

i noticed that first thing. Really annoys me to see people still do that, nevermind that the photographer missed it too.....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i noticed that first thing. Really annoys me to see people still do that, nevermind that the photographer missed it too.....:rolleyes:
    can understand it when theres a massive mad cow up your butt, you're just happy to get the tag in full stop:o but in a scenario like the picture there's no excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

I wish my calves would lie down like that when Im doing them ;)

can understand it when theres a massive mad cow up your butt, you're just happy to get the tag in full stop:o but in a scenario like the picture there's no excuse

I could never look so serene while having a calf backed up between my legs against a corner.
    I wish my calves would lie down like that when Im doing them ;)

TBH, I prefer the calves tht put up a fight......regardless of strangers taking my picture for the comic.

(although fair play to her for winning it, I feel sorry to make fun of it.......but stillll.....show yer good side ladies, not the effin' scan side):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Heres a few calves we weaned the other day

What's your plan with the heifers, sell them or breed them?

I could never look so serene while having a calf backed up between my legs against a corner.

Finbarr Saunders would have a field day with this one!......Fnarr Fnarr!!:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    Finbarr Saunders would have a field day with this one!......Fnarr Fnarr!!:D

How did I miss that one.....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I don't know the lady, but I'd say she's tagged more calves in a year than some of us on here will do in 10years!(she's milking 180cows and God knows how many heifers she calves down each year) Her husband has some form of disability which means that she does the lion's share of the work on the farm.

I don't think there's one of us that hasn't EVER put a tag on wrong at some stage. And that's without a camera stuck in your face! If you wanted to be picky her posture is all wrong too. She should be kneeling down over the calf with her back straight!

But I suppose we wouldn't be Irish if we weren't knocking the doers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement