Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I havent posted on here in a while, but I have been keeping up with everyones posts. I didn't go to my WI last week & took a week off WW as I had 3 nights out last week - 1 was my wedding anniversary, 1 was a meal for my Dad's 70th & the 3rd was just a meal with a friend. But all of them included loads of food & wine! So I didn't bother tracking. Went this morning & was 0.5lb down. I had been really good the previous week & it always shows up a week later with me, so can expect to be up next time. But I am off to France next week for 10 days & it's doubtful that I'll make it to a meeting before I go, so it will probably be 3 weeks from now before I get weighed again.

So I am now back to the weight I was 4 weeks ago (only put on 0.5 & then lost it again), seems like I haven't made much progress this last month, but I haven't been putting the same effort in and I'm all out of my routine with the kids off school. At least I haven't gained anything, which must mean that my brain has been trained into making the right choices. Hopefully I'll get plenty of walking on holiday to keep me on track.

Off now to clean the house before our visitors arrive this afternoon - more food - but at least this time I'll be in control because I'm cooking it. Good luck everyone with WIs this week - especially after the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    God, it's dead on here recently...

Has our wagon hit a bump and loads of people fell off??

bank holidays are always DEAD...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

I am still here too. Back on the wagon after a not-so-good weekend. I did go running twice, and generally made good choices, but not enough to lose anything. I made a nice pasta salad from the Cook Smart easy everyday cookbook. I wasn't sure how good it would be, because it has cottage cheese in it, but it's not bad. So that's my on-track lunch for my first day back at work after a long weekend. Those cookbooks are a lifesaver for me!

dammitj wrote: »
    Hey Lainy,

I gained about 2 stone with the depo myself, was gutted, it was years ago and it's taken me SO long to shift it.
    I really wish someone had told me beforehand that it could lead to such weight gain.

Anyhoo, I have a question for you guys.

A friend of mine has hit her goal weight at WW and wants to get her gold card, however the leaders in Sligo aren't the best...

Does she need to stay at the goal weight for the next 4 weeks to get the card or can she go up/down a few lbs?

Any info would be great so she can bring it back to the class!!! Thanks!! :D

I was on depo for 4 and half years...I dont even want to think about how much weight it could be responsible...like i know I'm the one who ate the food...but having a drug/hormone pumpling through your body that increases appitite....sure didnt help me to not eat it!

The thing i find annoying is my doctor knew i was trying to lose weight....yet was happy to jack me up! He only suggested I come off it because it can cause decreased bone density. Male doctors dont see weight gain as a serious issue....well to me...someone who was already over weight....i would consider it a serious issue...its not healthy for the body, the heart, the mind.

But you know what....since finding out the depo may have been the reason my weight loss was so slow....i've become WAAAAAAAAY more relaxed....i dont mean about my eating...but in general....havent looked at the scales in about 10 days (missed weeekend w/i cos i was away) usually im hopping on and off like a crazy person driving my self insane!

My body battlefield right now....all i can do is excercise and healthy food...which can only do good things for me....so even if the lbs stop falling off for a lil while....i'll be getting fitter, healthier, stronger.

I was seriously losing motivation last few months....kinda losing my will power cos i wasnt seeing any results.

Does anyone know how to take measurements on the body propely? the ole spare tyres floating around on me kinda make it hard to take proper measurements.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Monife wrote: »
    She has to maintain for 3 weeks and she can go up to 5lb above her goal weight or 5lb below and still get her gold card.

Thank you!

• Advertisement

okay.......topic.....its the start of August....lets pretend its the 1st :P

Any ambitions/mini goals (on or off the scales) ?

Count down is on.....kids back to schoool in 30 days! make the most of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

I have two:
    1. To be able to run 3.5 miles without stopping by the end of the month.
    2. To lose 7 more pounds, to make it to one stone.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Count down is on.....kids back to schoool in 30 days! make the most of the month!

wanna loose more than 3LBS, this will throw me to below 14st.
    Would like to loose 6-7 as that ould have me below 14st no matter what time of the day I weigh myself, no just the morning.

I was on depo for 4 and half years...I dont even want to think about how much weight it could be responsible...like i know I'm the one who ate the food...but having a drug/hormone pumpling through your body that increases appitite....sure didnt help me to not eat it!

The thing i find annoying is my doctor knew i was trying to lose weight....yet was happy to jack me up! He only suggested I come off it because it can cause decreased bone density. Male doctors dont see weight gain as a serious issue....well to me...someone who was already over weight....i would consider it a serious issue...its not healthy for the body, the heart, the mind.

But you know what....since finding out the depo may have been the reason my weight loss was so slow....i've become WAAAAAAAAY more relaxed....i dont mean about my eating...but in general....havent looked at the scales in about 10 days (missed weeekend w/i cos i was away) usually im hopping on and off like a crazy person driving my self insane!

My body battlefield right now....all i can do is excercise and healthy food...which can only do good things for me....so even if the lbs stop falling off for a lil while....i'll be getting fitter, healthier, stronger.

I was seriously losing motivation last few months....kinda losing my will power cos i wasnt seeing any results.

Does anyone know how to take measurements on the body propely? the ole spare tyres floating around on me kinda make it hard to take proper measurements.

I had a male doctor at the time too (I was living in Dublin at the time) and each time I went in I said to him "Em, I'm kinda concerned about this weight I'm putting on" and he kept saying "Oh don't worry, it will come off again no bother" but that just wasn't true.
    I had been a size 10 all through my teens and when I got to my early twenties and started on the depo the weight just started to pile on.
    I was overweight all through my twenties, and I know some of that was down to not being motivated enough to lose the weight, but I put on all the weight in the first place due to the stupid depo (and some personal reasons)

I'm so annoyed I ever went on it and lost my nice figure. I think for things like this us lassies should always go to a female doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

My graduation is on the 30th Aug so I want to get as close to 11st as possible. I'm currently 11.13.

On the note of contraception but I thought that you weren't allowed to be put on depo or pills if you had a BMI in the obese range? I remember the first time I went to the doctor inquiring about in and she was very reluctant to put me on the pill because my BMI was 32. In the end I waited a while and then went on it. But I had to be monitored regularly. Both my male and female doctor were reluctant to put me on it. Lainy I'm shocked about your situation because like you say it's a massive risk to you health.

• Advertisement

I want to spend less time infront of the tv/computer,
    Get my jeans fitting more comfortably.

So i'm going to get back into reading, and spend more time working/traiing with the dogs, taking them for walks

I want to walk that route of the charity walk a i did a few months ago without being a sweaty mess at the end of it...would love to take my lovely puppy and walk the 8km then be able to go into a coffee shop without being a sweaty monstor and sit by the sea with a coffee and my book for lil while :)

fitness and lifestyle goals for me

Also going to start taking much better care of my self as a whole...skincare, haircare, dental care.

just want to look and FEEL better about my self.

anyone know how to make frozen yoghurt WITHOUT an icecream maker?

I can only find receipes where the final step is 'pour the mix in an iceream maker'

anyone know how to make frozen yoghurt WITHOUT an icecream maker?

I can only find receipes where the final step is 'pour the mix in an iceream maker'

feck that...anyone know where i can find frozen yoghurt in the shops...thats NOT ben & Jerrys....its the only thing i LOVED about the states a few years ago...

And alot of smoothies use frozen yoghurt too, oooh yeah another lil plan for the next month...get more fruit into me....not big into eating fruit...so gotta scrub off the old crappy liquidizer...its a bollox to clean....and my mother will KILL me if i go off "wasting money" on decent smoothie maker...

More water (3 litres a day) more fruit, less sitting on my ass!
    on that note....off to do my doggie homework with the puppy!

I've got a nice big lush mint plant growing in the garden....anyone have any nice ideas for fresh mint?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

wanna loose more than 3LBS, this will throw me to below 14st.
    Would like to loose 6-7 as that ould have me below 14st no matter what time of the day I weigh myself, no just the morning.

Exactly my goals!!! :D

Ideally want half a stone gone this month which will take me 2 pounds above 2 stone lost. :P
    Realistically will be happy with 5 pounds gone for August to me me exactly to the 2 stone! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

You could put it in a plastic box in the freezer and after say an hour break it up with a fork to break up the ice cystals which form and do this a few times say every hour or so till it's smooth and frozen as if you were making icecream without the benefit of an icecream maker.

I've bought it in the past in Supervalu, it was their own brand, dead handy for smoothies, can't remember if it was low fat or not, will check the freezer after work, may have some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

feck that...anyone know where i can find frozen yoghurt in the shops...thats NOT ben & Jerrys....its the only thing i LOVED about the states a few years ago...

And alot of smoothies use frozen yoghurt too, oooh yeah another lil plan for the next month...get more fruit into me....not big into eating fruit...so gotta scrub off the old crappy liquidizer...its a bollox to clean....and my mother will KILL me if i go off "wasting money" on decent smoothie maker...

More water (3 litres a day) more fruit, less sitting on my ass!
    on that note....off to do my doggie homework with the puppy!

I've got a nice big lush mint plant growing in the garden....anyone have any nice ideas for fresh mint?

Yep Mojito's :D

Seriously though......Mint goes great in salads chopped into salad leaves. Cucumber and mint Salad is lovely and is really fresh goes great together. I like it chopped up and mixed with Linessa cream cheese on Ryvita or on the side of plain grilled chicken in a salad.

Indian Mint Chicken is good, if you have time to prepare, the idea is to marinade it so it soaks up all the flavour:

250gms low fat plain yoghurt
    1 tbs of olive oil
    2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
    zest of 1 lemon
    juice of same lemon
    big bunch of chopped mint
    1 tbs cumin
    chilli or cayenne pepper (optional if you want it spicy)
    1 tsp salt
    4 chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients in a bowl or plastic bag and put in chicken breasts, make sure well coated. Leave in fridge overnight. Grill next day, serve with salad, veg, cous cous etc. The yoghurt tenderises the chicken so its super juicy and succulent. Well good even better BBQ'd.

Mixed with Strawberries for dessert is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Caros wrote: »
    Exactly my goals!!! :D

Ideally want half a stone gone this month which will take me 2 pounds above 2 stone lost. :P
    Realistically will be happy with 5 pounds gone for August to me me exactly to the 2 stone! :cool:
    mine also Ive 4 pounds to lose to take me to 1 stone off and down another stone bracket in to the 11 OMG :eek:

Im still here plodding along steadily seeing a weight loss every week all though I STS last week but knew that might happen as I had big loss the two previous weeks. Ive been in Dublin over the long weekend in my mums and behaved all though my sister threw out my tracker by mistake I was :mad: needed to know exactly how many of my weeklies I had used so need to stick to my daily's just incase! I even went for a walk with my dog in the rain on Sunday:D

my sister has been on the WW journey she did great 2 years ago and lost loads but piled it back on and more! she is very heavy now, I was hoping she come back to WW with me for her health as I was worried and seems her weight is effecting her she having chest pains and pain in her left arm she went to the doc he wanted her to go to A&E but being the bank holiday and she was going out that night she said no! she has to make an appointment privately this week for a stress test! so scary really makes me see how our health is our wealth and I'm going to be happy when I am back to my pre baby weight and be healthier as well . PS my sister going back to WW as well :) yay!

Lainy it will all come right in the end! I am shocked your doc gave it to you though, I was thinking of the patches but my BMI was just borderline! my weight loss is very slow as well, all to do with hormones after my baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I need a big kick in the bum for August! I'm 4 pounds away from my goal. Last week I was up one, this week i was up a half... So my August goal is get rid of the 4.. My food choice have improved majorly though since joining ww and I made the most scrumptious quorn chicken curry this evening, all from scratch!! And served that with sweet potato wedges:) yum.. So as well as my waistline improving, my cooking skills have too... My Sis in law is coming at the weekend, so I'm going to cook one of the ww recipes, she goes to ww too, and I'm sure her boyfriend, like my husband will eat whatever I cook.... Any suggestions folks for a starter!! I think I'm going to go with strawberries and ww cream for dessert. I'll just soak them in balsamic vinegar for a few hours and keep it simple:) main course, not sure but maybe steak and wedges, or a curry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

Hi,

I need to join this to get motivated.

I'm new to boards, but not so new to ww, losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over.

I'm determined now to make a huge effort to get weight down and keep it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great motivational stories on here tonight. I will be happy to finish August the same weight as I start because I'm going on holiday.

Link3, I am 4 lbs from goal too & haven't been at my goal weight since I got my gold card (or gold pin as it was in those days) about 16 yrs ago. A great idea for a starter is roast stuffed butternut squash for 2pp each :
    Half the squash & remove seeds (don't buy a big one, they are very filling)
    Roast at 200 for 40-60 mins (ready when soft when proded with fork)
    Meanwhile fry together mushrooms, peppers, onion & garlic in some spray oil (1pp)
    Scoop out the orange flesh from the squash, mix with the other veg & return to the empty squash shell.
    Sprinkle 1pp of cheddar cheese (I use 15g Coleraine light) on each half & return to the oven for 20 mins.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

fofany wrote: »
    Great motivational stories on here tonight. I will be happy to finish August the same weight as I start because I'm going on holiday.

Link3, I am 4 lbs from goal too & haven't been at my goal weight since I got my gold card (or gold pin as it was in those days) about 16 yrs ago. A great idea for a starter is roast stuffed butternut squash for 2pp each :
    Half the squash & remove seeds (don't buy a big one, they are very filling)
    Roast at 200 for 40-60 mins (ready when soft when proded with fork)
    Meanwhile fry together mushrooms, peppers, onion & garlic in some spray oil (1pp)
    Scoop out the orange flesh from the squash, mix with the other veg & return to the empty squash shell.
    Sprinkle 1pp of cheddar cheese (I use 15g Coleraine light) on each half & return to the oven for 20 mins.
    Enjoy.
    Yum fofany, sounds fab. I never had butternut squash! Hey at least you had a gold pin.. This is my third ww rejoin.. Maybe we'll hit goal together!!

UP 1.25Lbs?!:eek:

back above 200lbs,:mad:
    I had lost 3st, not anymore, :mad:
    I was within 3lbs of breaking the 14st barrier, now 4.25lbs...:(

depressing to have an 'UP' at such a pivotal point!!:o

ah well, this way I get to hit those mini targets twice!!:D:cool::D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

My goal for August is fit into my dress for the wedding on the 27th! :D I'm thinking I might try carb free for a few days next week to try and kick start a bit of weight loss but also, I find that all my weight sits around my tum and for love nor money, I can't get rid of it. I think it might be bloating from carbs. The only thing is if I go carb free, I've no idea what I can eat instead. Has anyone tried this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

DISASTER!! :eek:
    I went to my WI last night and I knew it was going to be bad but I was UP 2.5lbs!!! It was actually the best thing that could have happened to me because it has given me such a kick in the arse to get back on track. I was messing around there for the past 3 weeks, saying "ah it's grand, I'll just have a bit of this, and a bit of that", up a lb, down a lb, but that's it! I'm done! I am re-starting my healthy life. I am not going back to the weight I was when I started WW - a whole 3 stone heavier than I am now. I am not going back to looking like that, feeling like that, living like that!
    I brought breakfast and lunch to work so I have complete control over what I eat. And I parked 1.5 miles from work so I have to walk there and back - EVEN IF IT'S RAINING!!!! :D

So here I go - who's with me??? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I went to my WI last night and I knew it was going to be bad but I was UP 2.5lbs!!! It was actually the best thing that could have happened to me because it has given me such a kick in the arse to get back on track. I was messing around there for the past 3 weeks, saying "ah it's grand, I'll just have a bit of this, and a bit of that", up a lb, down a lb, but that's it! I'm done! I am re-starting my healthy life. I am not going back to the weight I was when I started WW - a whole 3 stone heavier than I am now. I am not going back to looking like that, feeling like that, living like that!
    I brought breakfast and lunch to work so I have complete control over what I eat. And I parked 1.5 miles from work so I have to walk there and back - EVEN IF IT'S RAINING!!!! :D

I'm with you all the way, its time to take the bull by the horns!!

I'm with ya!

I need a kick in the bum too, back to WW this day week til Christmas, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    My goal for August is fit into my dress for the wedding on the 27th! :D I'm thinking I might try carb free for a few days next week to try and kick start a bit of weight loss but also, I find that all my weight sits around my tum and for love nor money, I can't get rid of it. I think it might be bloating from carbs. The only thing is if I go carb free, I've no idea what I can eat instead. Has anyone tried this before?

thats why i find these carb free things so hard :( yeah i'd wouldnt mind giving them up....but its like....mmm yeah what do i have instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Heya,
    Just got this book in the post yesterday which I pre-ordered ages ago- Weight Watchers Book of Recipes: More Than 150 Recipes Updated with ProPoints Values - Ordered it from Amazon UK as God knows when it'll be for sale over here or for how much but it is soooo good. Loads of amazing recipes and real homely food. Made a really great lasagne from it last night.
    I think I have been going through a bit of a slump lately like a few others on here so wanted a new recipe book to mix up what I've been eating for the past few weeks. I'm not endorsing buying loads of ww products but I personally find the prepointed recipes handy as I don't have to sit pointing every single thing and it's the first book I've seen in ages with more than half of the recipes things I would actually eat. Here's hoping I can get those scales going down again.
    Tried making the bran muffins at the weekend with cranberry bits in but came out really dry. Think I'll try them with bananas next time for a bit of extra flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

UP 1.25Lbs?!:eek:
    I went to my WI last night and I knew it was going to be bad but I was UP 2.5lbs!!! :

That weigh-in is over now, forget about it, wipe it out, start afresh and track like hell, get your exercise in, drink your water, and you could have a big loss next week to make up for it! The Bank Holidays throw everyone off track, no matter what kind of plan they're following, but the biggest thing I've learned is if you have a bad day or a bad WI, feck it, why let it spoil everything else. Not even going to start worrying about my WI tomorrow, just going to focus on the fact that by Christmas I WILL be at my personal goal. Good luck this week everyone! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement