Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

aspie mum wrote: »
    Hi i dont use ballymaloe prosucts when possible as I have a major problem with giving money to Tim Allen because of his court problems but really love the relish.......I buy the Aldi version which is also Irish made

I with you on this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi

just back from my third week WI and this week i have lost another......4 lb :D
    That is 17 pound in total or 1 stone 3 pound in 3 weeks :eek: really loving the new pro points.I am down to 41 points daily now which might make things a little tougher

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

harr wrote: »
    Hi

That is 17 pound in total or 1 stone 3 pound in 3 weeks :eek: really loving the new pro points.I am down to 41 points daily now which might make things a little tougher

Fantastic! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

harr wrote: »
    Hi

That's a great loss well done!! Planning may help you with the reduced points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well done Harr :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

Hey all,

Ok officially started WW at home yesterday, doing ok so far:D

I'm actually finding it ok, only thing I'm bummed about is that most of the WW desserts (which look yum) have gelatine in them and I'm a veggie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Good luck fatgirlslim (great username btw ;) ) I've been doing the at home program for the last 18 wks & it is doable, I use this thread as my 'meeting' definitely get your big shop in to set you up for the week it'll prob take 2 or 3 wks to find your stride food wise ie what you like, what you don't, what's worth the pp, what isn't you're electronic calculator is your best friend in the beginning so I suggest you bring it everywhere! & I'd download the iwatcher app if you have an iPhone or an alternate android app to help with your tracking!

Best of luck :)

Thanks! Defo had a wake up call with some stuff, I've been doing good diet wise up until now but I have to eradicate stuff from my diet now entirely, including Belvita which are 8 points, I was disgusted they're that high, must be full of rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

Hey guys,
    So for my food today,
    Breakki:
    POrridge 30g - 3 pp
    Milk - 2pp
    tsp sugar - 1pp
    Bannana - 0pp

Lunch
    Butternut squash soup 0pp
    2sl brown bread 4pp (its homemade spelt bread, not sure how to point it yet but pointing it as regular brwon bread inthe ww book)
    Teaspoon of dairygold - 1pp
    Pk velvet crunch - 2pp

Snack
    Yoghurt - 2pp
    Apple and Kiwi -0pp

Dinner
    Roast chicken - 120g breast - 4pp
    150 g of potatoes (seems like a lot fo potatoes) - 3pp
    Gravy - 1 pp (Did i point this right? )
    Carrotts (2)- 0pp
    Parsnip - 2pp
    Oil - 2pp
    Honey - 2pp

Dessert
    Curly wurly 3 pp

Total propoints used 32
    Spare - 3
    Activity points earned 45 min brisk walk about 4 propoints i think

Seems like an awful lot of food for a diet?
    Am i doing something wrong to still have 3 points spare for me today? I know I have a lot of propoints to use but is that all pointed well? And a normal amount to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Thanks! Defo had a wake up call with some stuff, I've been doing good diet wise up until now but I have to eradicate stuff from my diet now entirely, including Belvita which are 8 points, I was disgusted they're that high, must be full of rubbish!

some things just arent the pp points, the healthier it is, the less pp generally...like i know they say you can have "anything"....but getting rid of some seriously high pp food will be healthy for you....so definitely sound like your ready for it!

and sure there are a few ww @ home ppl on here, my self included :D we share with the ww meetings ppl, and they share with us :D best of all worlds on here!

1halfstone wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    So for my food today,
    Breakki:
    POrridge 30g - 3 pp
    Milk - 2pp
    tsp sugar - 1pp
    Bannana - 0pp

Lunch
    2sl brown bread 4pp (its homemade spelt bread, not sure how to point it yet but pointing it as regular brwon bread inthe ww book)
    Pk velvet crunch - 2pp

Snack
    Yoghurt - 2pp
    Apple and Kiwi -0pp

Dinner
    Carrotts (2)- 0pp
    Parsnip - 2pp
    Oil - 2pp
    Honey - 2pp

Dessert
    Curly wurly 3 pp

Total propoints used 32
    Spare - 3

Am i doing something wrong to still have 3 points spare for me today? I know I have a lot of propoints to use but is that all pointed well? And a normal amount to use?

if your new to excercise try to use as close to your full allowance as possible, your body will need the extra nutrition after the shock of excercise, maybe add some peas and corn to your dinner, just dont go eating junk for the sake of using points,

50g frozen peas is 1pp
    50g of frozen corn is 1pp

I usually go for a combo of 25g of each...and call it 1pp :D

or have some low cal hot chocolate made with water, and just topped up with milk....you'll use up pp in a healthy low fat way....add to your water intake...and add to your calcium intake with the milk :D

ugh....wrecked! could only manage 45 of my usual 60 on treadmil, my body must be knackered from yesterday.....christ i pong! (means i worked hard in those 45min, got 3.4km covered)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Hey guys,
    So for my food today,
    Breakki:
    POrridge 30g - 3 pp
    Milk - 2pp
    tsp sugar - 1pp
    Bannana - 0pp

Lunch
    Pk velvet crunch - 2pp

Snack
    Yoghurt - 2pp
    Apple and Kiwi -0pp

Dinner
    Carrotts (2)- 0pp
    Parsnip - 2pp
    Oil - 2pp
    Honey - 2pp

Dessert
    Curly wurly 3 pp

Total propoints used 32
    Spare - 3

We are so allergic to the word diet! Sounds good to me, I would bump that chicken breast up to 165g if you have one, still 4pp. I personally don't like wasting PP on veg like parsnip when there are so many 0pp ones. Also I would add something else to your lunch, if you're anything like me I would be starving an hour after soup and bread and would tend to want to pick more. Sounds like you are making all good choices though. :D:D

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    if your new to excercise try to use as close to your full allowance as possible, your body will need the extra nutrition after the shock of excercise, maybe add some peas and corn to your dinner, just dont go eating junk for the sake of using points,

50g frozen peas is 1pp
    50g of frozen corn is 1pp

I usually go for a combo of 25g of each...and call it 1pp :D

or have some low cal hot chocolate made with water, and just topped up with milk....you'll use up pp in a healthy low fat way....add to your water intake...and add to your calcium intake with the milk :D

ugh....wrecked! could only manage 45 of my usual 60 on treadmil, my body must be knackered from yesterday.....christ i pong! (means i worked hard in those 45min, got 3.4km covered)

Thanks lainy,
    Not new to excercise, was doing the couch to 5k there for a few months, regularly joggin 4-5km, have slacked off on it recently but trying to do some walking as its not as mch effort.
    Also drinking my two litres religiously for about a month.
    Im sure I will end up using the 3 points some how later today that I wont have accounted for, if not i will... Maybe with some jellies, or a ww dessert yoghurt. I kno the jellies are not a good choice tho!

Are you walking or running on the treadmill? Its tough to get motivation some days isnt it? Really wanted to ahve a treadmill lastnight as it was so miserable outside BUT i went and felt tonnes better after all the fresh air!

lil kc wrote: »
    We are so allergic to the word diet! Sounds good to me, I would bump that chicken breast up to 165g if you have one, still 4pp. I personally don't like wasting PP on veg like parsnip when there are so many 0pp ones. Also I would add something else to your lunch, if you're anything like me I would be starving an hour after soup and bread and would tend to want to pick more. Sounds like you are making all good choices though. :D:D

Sorry you know your right, diet is probably a dopey word, it really is jsut eating better i suppose isnt it? Thats how it feels anyway.
    Its weird but I wouldnt normally eat much more of this or cahnge my portion sizez if i wasnt propointing which leads me to beleieve more that my weekends eating out and takeaways are my biggest downfall. Have to cut them out
    I love parsnip, i roast carrots and parsips in the oven with some honey and jsut love them for my dinner, maybe on a day im needign points they would be a waste plus I probably have more points to spare compared to you (im 35pp)
    Lunch I find ok, have this on a normal day, have a yoghrut and some fruit at my tea break in the afternoon that tides me well over till dinner.
    NEED TO STOP WEEKENDS FROM HAPPENING :D

Thanks lainy,
    Not new to excercise, was doing the couch to 5k there for a few months, regularly joggin 4-5km, have slacked off on it recently but trying to do some walking as its not as mch effort.
    Also drinking my two litres religiously for about a month.
    Im sure I will end up using the 3 points some how later today that I wont have accounted for, if not i will... Maybe with some jellies, or a ww dessert yoghurt. I kno the jellies are not a good choice tho!

Are you walking or running on the treadmill? Its tough to get motivation some days isnt it? Really wanted to ahve a treadmill lastnight as it was so miserable outside BUT i went and felt tonnes better after all the fresh air!

Walking...but at a pretty decent pace...I usually get 5km in 60 mins flat. i'm just barely 5ft 4 so short legs...thats fast for me! I finished my exams last thrusday, and started back at the weights and resistance training yesterday...so i'm very stiff and sore today, which kinda put me off doing anything today...but glad i did it now :D can enjoy my day off from excercise tomorrow. I was working with a personal trainer last summer, so i have all her work out sheets. and all the equipment in the house, weights, kettle bells, bench ect.

For the summer I'm doing 2 days a week of weights, 3 days of cardio, and 2 days off... she warned me i have to take two days off a week, so breaking it up into day 1 weights, day 2 cardio, day 3 off, so i'm never doing the same thing 2 days in a row,

Walking...but at a pretty decent pace...I usually get 5km in 60 mins flat. i'm just barely 5ft 4 so short legs...thats fast for me! I finished my exams last thrusday, and started back at the weights and resistance training yesterday...so i'm very stiff and sore today, which kinda put me off doing anything today...but glad i did it now can enjoy my day off from excercise tomorrow. I was working with a personal trainer last summer, so i have all her work out sheets. and all the equipment in the house, weights, kettle bells, bench ect.

For the summer I'm doing 2 days a week of weights, 3 days of cardio, and 2 days off... she warned me i have to take two days off a week, so breaking it up into day 1 weights, day 2 cardio, day 3 off, so i'm never doing the same thing 2 days in a row

Wow fair play to ye, that sounds like real dedications stations with that weights and cardio. Should keep you well toned up.
    Great walkin pace too, im real slow but not that short, can do 5k in about 55-60 mins walkin too, so i dont have any excuses, jsut slow :)

Wow fair play to ye, that sounds like real dedications stations with that weights and cardio. Should keep you well toned up.
    Great walkin pace too, im real slow but not that short, can do 5k in about 55-60 mins walkin too, so i dont have any excuses, jsut slow :)

last summer i was dropping loads of inches but nothing on the scales...cos i wasnt eating my activity points...this time round making sure to eat them :) i tend to use my activity pp before going near my weeklies :) I have .....ALOT ot lose....so i'm on 42 daily! which is plenty....as long as i dont go spending them on crap,

you can still have your treats like take outs....pizza isnt that bad on pp if you choose wisely. and you can always do DIY take out, home made chips, 1/2 a pizza and salad, and ww garlic bread.

Indians are the big killer, but the ww cooking sauces are actually quite nice! the tikka masala is my favourite. I got a jar of the ww korma other day....used to love it...but i think i got a bad jar of it one time and it put me right off it, but going to give it another whirl during the week.

Got some handy Attachments there of pp values! :D always handy to have on file. i have them printed in a folder in the kitchen...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Baby75 wrote: »
    I have 9 and Im thinking of trying that potato salad Lany made and find something else to go with it may be salad and pork chop with all the fat cut off or may be go with out meat to night

wow Marsbar cake please post your recipe please :) good luck with the WI in tomorrow

Here is recipe for Mars Bar Cake

Makes 14 slices
    5pp per slice

5 Mars Bar 35pp
    70g Rice Krispies(got mine in Aldi) 7pp
    4 tea spoons low fat butter 2pp
    2 Cadbury Bar and a Half Bars 24pp
    1 Packet Cadbury White Buttons 5pp

Melt the mars bars and butter in a glass bowl over boiling water. When it is completely melted and runny(could take average 10 minutes) mix the rice krispies with it and pour into cake tray. Then melt the cadburys bar and a half and when melted pour over. Then use the buttons to decorate(optional). Thats it stick it in the fridge. I would recommend taking it out a good few hours before u cut in cause it can be very hard.

Yummy and worth every point:D...

izzy24 wrote: »
    Here is recipe for Mars Bar Cake

Makes 14 slices
    5pp per slice

5 Mars Bar 35pp
    700g Rice Krispies(got mine in Aldi) 7pp
    4 tea spoons low fat butter 2pp
    2 Cadbury Bar and a Half Bars 24pp
    1 Packet Cadbury White Buttons 5pp

Melt the mars bars and butter in a glass bowl over boiling water. When it is completely melted and runny(could take average 10 minutes) mix the rice krispies with it and pour into cake tray. Then melt the cadburys bar and a half and when melted pour over. Then use the buttons to decorate(optional). Thats it stick it in the fridge. I would recommend taking it out a good few hours before u cut in cause it can be very hard.

Yummy and worth every point:D...

700g rice krispies really only 7pp.....Seriously???? :O

im drooling thinking about it....havent had a mars bar in so freaking long....

Someone posted a link here to a good weighing scales (body not food) that was in Argos, can''t find the link now, anyone know what it was please?

OMG, that mars bar recipe, yum!!!!

I also have a serious amount to lose, but im not concentrating on it, im concentratin on a half stone first, then il work on the enxt one. Been trying this for ages, but think i was seeing the bigger picture so i want to lose a half stone first. Have a wedding coming up soon in 5 weeks and would like to lose 10lbs for that. I kno thats a big goal, but I will be happy for my first half stone. If i can last it.
    Those attachments are really handy to have thanks a mill!
    Would love to see the inches come off would be happy with that too.
    I know where we are going for dinner on thursday now and they have a sweet and shour chicken hong kong style (no batter) with boiled rice on the menu. I think this should be a safe enough bet? What do you reckon?
    Other choices include guiness stew with buttery mash, burgers and chips, sausage and creamy mash, chicken enchilada and chips etc.? there is a chicken caesar sald but i woudlnt be happy with that

• Advertisement

Caros wrote: »
    Someone posted a link here to a good weighing scales (body not food) that was in Argos, can''t find the link now, anyone know what it was please?

OMG, that mars bar recipe, yum!!!!

prob was me,
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8325732/Trail/searchtext%3ESALTER.htm

I also have a serious amount to lose, but im not concentrating on it, im concentratin on a half stone first, then il work on the enxt one. Been trying this for ages, but think i was seeing the bigger picture so i want to lose a half stone first. Have a wedding coming up soon in 5 weeks and would like to lose 10lbs for that. I kno thats a big goal, but I will be happy for my first half stone. If i can last it.
    I know where we are going for dinner on thursday now and they have a sweet and shour chicken hong kong style (no batter) with boiled rice on the menu. I think this should be a safe enough bet? What do you reckon?
    Other choices include guiness stew with buttery mash, burgers and chips, sausage and creamy mash, chicken enchilada and chips etc.? there is a chicken caesar sald but i woudlnt be happy with that

well if it was me i would have the Chicken Caesar, like realistically these are the cut backs that have to be made to obtain our goals, you could always have a mini dinner/snack before going to dinner so you wont be hungry.

Thanks Lainy, the one I have is way off, ya I know I shouldn't weigh myself in between and all that but I find it does focus me to get off my ass and walk so I can see some bit of a shift on the scales.

Caros wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy, the one I have is way off, ya I know I shouldn't weigh myself in between and all that but I find it does focus me to get off my ass and walk so I can see some bit of a shift on the scales.

i know what you mean...i shouldn't do it either...but i do...hands up i'm guilty...but i do find it motivates me...like after yesterday and today worked my ass off exercise wise and food wise and tracking...so might have a peek tomorrow..and if it says i'm down...thats going to motivate me to do more to keep moving and eating right, equally after a bad weekend...if i take a look...and its up....its the kick up the arse i need to cop on for the rest of the week...

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Saw this just before I was going to Supervalu to do the shopping. Had some in a wrap with chicken and lettuce and it was delish :) Thanks for the tip! Did you just point the mayo?

yeah i just pointed the mayo cause its just carrot and cabbage after that:D...

well if it was me i would have the Chicken Caesar, like realistically these are the cut backs that have to be made to obtain our goals, you could always have a mini dinner/snack before going to dinner so you wont be hungry.
    Thanks your prob right lainy, how many points would you reckon there could be in a sweet and sour with boiled rice? If I only eat a regular portion, im not sure what the portion sizes are like. I will prob ahve about twenty points to spare come dinner time tomo. What would you reckon is in a caesar salad wehn u count the chicken, bacon croutons and dressing?
    I also dont want to draw too much attention to myself by choosing a salad, my friends would think there is something strange :D

700g rice krispies really only 7pp.....Seriously???? :O

im drooling thinking about it....havent had a mars bar in so freaking long....

SORRY SORRY SORRY
    everyone i ment to say 70gs :o...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

I would be very wary of Chicken Caesar Salad. You think straight off that it is good pp value but it is not in fact sometimes it can be worse. By the time you point chicken, croutons, dressing, cheese, bacon and whatever else may be thrown into a restaurant made Chicken Caesar Salad, it may well amount to as much as any of the other choices. I had a chicken caesar salad mix in the fridge(which i ended up throwing out because it was too high) and i pointed that at 14 pp and all that was in it was a tiny pack of croutons, a tiny pouch of dressing, a tiny pack of cheese and a few leaves of lettuce so not necessarily always the best choice because it is salad! :eek:

I would be very wary of Chicken Caesar Salad. You think straight off that it is good pp value but it is not in fact sometimes it can be worse. By the time you point chicken, croutons, dressing, cheese, bacon and whatever else may be thrown into a restaurant made Chicken Caesar Salad, it may well amount to as much as any of the other choices. I had a chicken caesar salad mix in the fridge(which i ended up throwing out because it was too high) and i pointed that at 14 pp and all that was in it was a tiny pack of croutons, a tiny pouch of dressing, a tiny pack of cheese and a few leaves of lettuce so not necessarily always the best choice because it is salad!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help I want to make the best choice possible. I was kinda hopin i would be covered with 20 pp and not finishing the plate. Especially watchin the rice portion.
    Im really confused now! Not sure what to go for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Just wondering if anyone knows the propoints of a ham and cheese s/w on white bread. Was just a slice of cheese and wafer thin ham but also had butter. I had a quater because they were hanging around the office after a meeting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement