Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little things that annoy on you on boards...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

People kissing up to the mods or sticking up for them to get brownie points.Their egos are big enough as it is and they can handle flack that they get themselves they don't need help:o.

please dont ban me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I hate posters that totally ignore a valid point made in an argument to correct grammar! It's obvious that you can't think of anything to say/write back and have resorted to distraction!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

mendusa wrote: »
    People kissing up to the mods or sticking up for them to get brownie points.Their egos are big enough as it is and they can handle flack that they get themselves they don't need help:o.

please dont ban me

We are users on the forums too, and sometimes it's nice to know that people agree or take the point of the post we make.

But I can see where you are coming from.

Mod's can see what you see too, so we are not fooled by certain thanks.
    I hate posters that totally ignore a valid point made in an argument to correct grammar! It's obvious that you can't think of anything to say/write back and have resorted to distraction!

That annoys me too.

Not everyone is perfect when it comes to spelling and sometimes posters are in such a hurry to get their point across they can hit a wrong key.

That's hardly their fault and other posters should realise this and not draw attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

jumpguy wrote: »
    What're those little things people do on boards, or just about boards that annoy you (this isn't a feedback thread)?

I hate it in AH when one wastes a first post opportunity with a crappy joke in hope for thanks.

I hate it when you get the last post on a page in a multi-page post. Depending on how big and active the topic is, it's most of the time virtually ignored.

I hate it when forums you really like are inactive for a long time.

Your go...

i hate it when people take AH seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

mendusa wrote: »

please dont ban me

Some of us have very fragile little egos and need all the sucking up we can get :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pdfile wrote: »
    i hate it when people take AH seriously.

Yep, but like so many things on these type of threads, that means nothing in particular.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

underpants gnomes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The assumption that all mods think/behave exactly the same way and all really like each other and have one big mod orgy as often as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dudess wrote: »
    The assumption that all mods have one big mod orgy as often as they can.

Would depend who you'd like? NO?

Nice edit if I say so myself!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The extremist atheists,only on the internet :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

The way when people post in P.I. looking for relationship advice, the default response to their woes is "I think you need to leave this person".

Who do these people think they are? ****in Yoda?:mad: Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I have to admit I'm almost as bad as a grammer nazi - people who only know one way to spell 'plane' annoy me. People who send you emails telling you it's been 'quite this week'. The whole they're, there, their, your, you're, to, two, too, etc. annoys the crap out of me too. Learn english ffs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

jumpguy wrote: »
    I hate it in AH when one wastes a first post opportunity with a crappy joke in hope for thanks.

People who moan about attention-seeking posts but nonetheless view threads in terms of "first post opportunities".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People who reply to threads about certain people with "Who?" repeatedly.

Just google the name FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

People who post asking where they can get X or see Y in "town". What town?

When you spot a really good/interesting thread but it's already 20+ pages long and completely gone off the original topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

elitism in certain forums.

the term circle jerk and its use to lazily excuse mods of sticking together purely because they're mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

people who complain :pac:

Advertisement