Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Was seeing this 1 a couple of months, she complained about everything.
    We were due to go to the cinema 1 evening, I got out of the shower and gave her a call, was drying myself off so my hands were busy so I put her on loud speaker, she took into complaining about that. I'd had enough, told her i'd see her shortly.
    She had a few bits in my house so I put them in the car and drove the 20mins to her place. Pulled up outside and out she comes, I let down my window and handed her the stuff, just remember the confused look on her face as I drove off, didn't say a word, just drove off and basked in the relief that I wouldn't have to listen to the crying c#nt ever again
    Got calls and texts but I didn't reply.
    That was that :D

If you saw it coming why didn't ya duck :D

Cheeky fecker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Good in bed or not. I wasn't hanging about for any of the head wreckers in my life sure what was I to grade their bed work on anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Went out with a girl who needed constant communication.

If I didn't reply to a text in 10 mins she'd resend it.
    If I still didn't reply I'd get a "Did you get my text?" text.
    If I still didn't reply she'd call me asking if I was ok.

She also got stroppy if the number of xxxxx's at the end didn't at least match the number she put on her texts or if I didn't text her Good morning and good night messages.
    In fairness she did have a bit of a troubled background which might explain the needyness, but I wasn't the fella to help her.

I also have stayed with someone because they were gorgeous and great in bed.
    Not a headwrecker in fairness, just obvious for a long time that she wasn't the one for me.
    I do get jealous of her new boyfriend though. He's having a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

"I told my husband I'm leaving him for you ........." .......... seriously.

• Advertisement

MadDog76 wrote: »

Jaysus

Jaysus

Her two kids were coming with her apparently .......... it was time, for me, to move on at that stage!

Her two kids were coming with her apparently .......... it was time, for me, to move on at that stage!

Aren't people mad all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭pgj2015

second time i had met a girl and i was getting a condom, she said don't bother it was meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

just decided to follow this thread

I'm in for the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

pgj2015 wrote: »
    second time i had met a girl and i was getting a condom, she said don't bother it was meant to be.

Ah shur you could always blow it up on her back haha :P

Aren't people mad all the same.

Ah it all worked out for her in the end Perse .......... her husband* died (accidental death before you ask!) and she then met the love of her life and re-married ........ by all accounts she, and her two boys, are the happiest they've ever been.

* Her husband was a complete ar5ehole and a terrible father.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Maximus277

Went out with my best friend who I didn't fancy for about 6 months.

Then I decided that I had to end it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

You probably shouldn't have been riding a married woman then.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I asked him what he envisaged was a reasonable amount of time to spend together as I was feeling huge pressure.

I was working 9-5 Mon to Fri and studying in my spare time as well as looking after my dog. He was unemployed with no commitments. I drove, he didn't, and lived some distance away from me.

He said every Tuesday evening, every Wednesday and/or Thursday evening & overnight, and Friday evening to Sunday night. Any less, and he felt I was neglecting him.

I dumped him on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Seriously? How would she land at that train stop without encouragement ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

When he couldn't get it up...repeatedly

You probably shouldn't have been riding a married woman then.

You must be joking!! She was the best girlfriend I've ever had (apart from when I met my wife :)) ......... I got all the good parts (sex, making her smile etc.) and none of the bad parts ("Did you take out the bins!??", "I have a headache" etc.) ........ and then she ruined it all by wanting to "get serious". :(

You must be joking!! She was the best girlfriend I've ever had (apart from when I met my wife :)) ......... I got all the good parts (sex, making her smile etc.) and none of the bad parts ("Did you take out the bins!??", "I have a headache" etc.) ........ and then she ruined it all by wanting to "get serious". :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Cleanfreaks are - in all and every case, nutjobs.

And yes - I ended it with one a few weeks ago, could not move an inch beyond the door with shoes on, a sock on the floor.......Holy war - I only stayed because - you guessed it!

Men will put up with an awful lot if you can ride like the wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

After going to the gym with an ex partner, we went for a dip in the pool....she was generally quite hyper active which used to get on my nerves at times, waking up hungover to her jumping on the bed saying get up get up.

After doing the gym session and getting.into the pool we got into the jacuzzi, she started doing summersaults in the pool and making weird noises. Other folks were in the jacuzzi with us and her she is doing made handstands. I knew that she wasnt for me from that moment on.

Another partner used to not work, and my job involved talking to people all day. When I came home.from work, I would be greeted by someone who hadnt talked to someone all day only her own child from a previous relationship. This would cause a bit of conflict as all I wanted to do was have an hour to myself not talking to.anyone and all she wanted to do was talk to someone. I started tp realise the only safe space in the house for.me to.unwind was the bathroom. So I used to go up to the tpilet for about 45 minutes a day, to just read a book or scroll on my phone. This seemed to work for awhile, until she coped on and started following me up and knocking on the bathroom door asking what I was doing. Thats fair enough, I was spending an extraordinary amount of time in the bathroom but I figured I could not continute like this for the rest of my life and called it quits.

Another ex punched me after I passed my driving test and she failed hers after we moved country, we were after finishing college together and she had to repeat some exams, I didnt. So she was pissed off "that everything came so easily to me". Later in that week she started a row in a busy train station because I failed to tell her that there were curry chips on a menu for a chipper we were in, even though the menu was in display. It was about a week later I left her with and moved to a completely different region

HS3 wrote: »
    Seriously? How would she land at that train stop without encouragement ?

She was miserable for years, she felt trapped in a horrible relationship that she'd been in since she was 15 years old, she thought no other man would ever want her because that's what her husband told her ......... then she met me and I made her smile again ......... but she mistook having fun and being happy for "love" ......... she got her happy ending though with the right man who, I'm told, truly loves her and her kids. I don't feel bad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Love that this guy just rips all his threads straight from /r/askreddit
    Whoever said originality died.
    Better than the alternative repetitive abortion/taxes/gender threads oh AH

Flibble wrote: »
    I asked him what he envisaged was a reasonable amount of time to spend together as I was feeling huge pressure.

I was working 9-5 Mon to Fri and studying in my spare time as well as looking after my dog. He was unemployed with no commitments. I drove, he didn't, and lived some distance away from me.

He said every Tuesday evening, every Wednesday and/or Thursday evening & overnight, and Friday evening to Sunday night. Any less, and he felt I was neglecting him.

I dumped him on the spot.

reminds me of a saying when we were younger job hunting, if asked when we wanted to start we used to say
    Im free on the fifth at five for five.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Seeing a guy and the morning after the first time he stayed over he made some comment about how 'this is what it will be like when we're married'. Except for the fact that it was my place, there'd have been a me-shaped hole in the wall.

I shouldn't have ignored the warning signs that he was waaay to needy, such as when he got annoyed that I wouldn't cancel plans with friends to spend the weekend with him after he decided (with no input from me at all) to cancel a weekend away to spend time with me.

Isnt if funny to look back now at the ones that got away or were dropped like a hot potato

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Dated a guy very briefly who was such a deadbeat, never worked, just stayed home and drank while constantly asking (and getting) money from me. He was great in bed so I tolerated it. Once he started to be emotionally abusive saying I was worthless,, he was more than I deserved etc I quickly sent him on with himself. Great sex or not, I wasn't going to let myself be the victim of abuse again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

All these crazy bitches and I can't even get the shift on new years....

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Dated a guy very briefly who was such a deadbeat, never worked, just stayed home and drank while constantly asking (and getting) money from me. He was great in bed so I tolerated it. Once he started to be emotionally abusive saying I was worthless,, he was more than I deserved etc I quickly sent him on with himself. Great sex or not, I wasn't going to let myself be the victim of abuse again.

there you go though, its never worth all the saddle time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

cookiexx wrote: »
    When he couldn't get it up...repeatedly
    Could you not have got him some little blue pills? The internet is apparently full of them..

Advertisement