Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

m17 wrote: »
    You'll save 20 mins by going the m17,the n60 is like the n17,it will take you 2 hrs 35 mins

N5 will be faster than using M6/M17 when it opens, and I would go as far to say that even if the M17 ran to Sligo the N5 would still be faster

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    N5 will be faster than using M6/M17 when it opens, and I would go as far to say that even if the M17 ran to Sligo the N5 would still be faster

When the M17 was first on the table in 2009, it's possible using the M17 upon completion would be faster. Now with all the Enda sponsored N5 upgrades the N5 will be much quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The N5 and N17 very good quality for a single carriageway I must say, it's quite rare to see single carriageway roads in Ireland with grade separated junctions like you see in Mayo. Even still I can't imagine there'll be a large difference in time between the N5 and M6/17. Although once they replace the Strokestown bit, I'm sure the N5 will beat it hands down

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

cgcsb wrote: »
    The N5 and N17 very good quality for a single carriageway I must say, it's quite rare to see single carriageway roads in Ireland with grade separated junctions like you see in Mayo. Even still I can't imagine there'll be a large difference in time between the N5 and M6/17. Although once they replace the Strokestown bit, I'm sure the N5 will beat it hands down
    In fairness, most post 1990 bypasses nationwide are of that standard. Rathkeale, Croom, Youghal, Kilmacthomas, Nenagh, Ballinhassig etc.

Hopefully the Knock/Claremorris BP is upto 2+2 retrofitting when the time comes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

MayoSalmon wrote: »

At least the m17 would be safer,and it has no chance of running to sligo

• Advertisement

At least the m17 would be safer,and it has no chance of running to sligo
    When the M17 is finished, one of the N17 dualling schemes (Tuam-Claremorris, Knock-Tobercurry, Tobercurry BP & Tobercurry-Collooney) may be done, either as a result of Fine Gael being out of power or else Enda running out of other Mayo schemes to do

marno21 wrote: »
    When the M17 is finished, one of the N17 dualling schemes (Tuam-Claremorris, Knock-Tobercurry, Tobercurry BP & Tobercurry-Collooney) may be done, either as a result of Fine Gael being out of power or else Enda running out of other Mayo schemes to do

Forget about road's in mayo,this forum is about the m17/m18 in Co galway

The townland of carthymore pic1 looking towards rathmorrisy sisk have started tarmac pic2 looking towards tuam this is where the last of the blasting is taken place 14/07/16

The m17 outside Corofin pic1 03/11/15 pic2 13/07/16

The m17 at corofin they now have layed 3kms of the jersey barrier 15/07/16

• Advertisement

The m17 5kms form tuam pic1 looking towards rathmorrisy pic2 looking towards tuam 16/07/16

The accommodation flyover at cloonkeen north 16/07/16 pic1 the flyover pic2 top of flyover pic3 looking towards tuam pic4 looking towards rathmorrisy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

The accommodation flyover at cloonkeen north 16/07/16 pic1 the flyover pic2 top of flyover pic3 looking towards tuam pic4 looking towards rathmorrisy

The wife is looking well in pic 4 M17 😜

D Trent wrote: »
    The wife is looking well in pic 4 M17 😜

Behind every great men,there's a great woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Behind every great men,there's a great woman

Fair dues....I'm just not into having anyone behind me......

Bauilphuil corofin pic1 03/09/15 pic2 13/07/16

The tuam bypass pic1 bridge over the athenry to claremorris railway line pic2 and 3 they have started the bridge over the nanney river pic4 weir road 17/07/16

Brockagh corofin the 2 flyovers and the jersey barrier 17/07/16

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Brockagh corofin the 2 flyovers and the jersey barrier 17/07/16

It's funny really - the steel barrier is just done and it's already overgrown! :D

Middle Man wrote: »
    It's funny really - the steel barrier is just done and it's already overgrown! :D
    Ah what's it going to be like when it fully opens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

somebody might cut it

The moutpotter roundabout on the tuam bypass

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

f2 wrote: »
    somebody might cut it

It'll be planted with grass and shrubs and weed killer sprayed around the barrier.

The townland of sheeaunpark 19/07/16 pic1 looking towards rathmorrisy pic2 looking towards tuam

RATHMORRISY 16/06/16

The m17 at annagh hill 19/07/16 pic 1 looking towards rathmorrisy pic2 looking towards tuam there getting ready to tarmac

The m17 at pic1 castlelambert pic2 carthymore pic3 laraghmore pic4 annagh hill pic5 brockagh 20/7/16

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

Is this as wide as other motorways on our network? It sure doesn't look so. The other ones are narrow enough as it is....

muchos04 wrote: »
    Is this as wide as other motorways on our network? It sure doesn't look so. The other ones are narrow enough as it is....
    It looks no different than many of the other HQDC's (before the motorway reclassifications) that were built over the last decade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

muchos04 wrote: »

It's the same size of all the other narrow median motorways built recently. Without any markings on the road you can't judge the width from the photos.

Advertisement