Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Paid for my deferred place this morning. After watching on the sidelines with my tiny baby in a sling this year I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm pretty much building from scratch though, started running again 5 weeks ago after 5 months off the road. Goal will simply be to get around and have the craic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

GFA place already confirmed and paid for, they are quick this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Must get the entry in....

Now to find that bank statement ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Don't have a quick enough time so in the ballot, the long wait until October. 3/3 for the other major pick first time around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Deferred my GFA place and got an email yesterday with registration link for 2017. Will my number be a GFA again next year or will it be with the mass start numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Q7 wrote: »
    Deferred my GFA place and got an email yesterday with registration link for 2017. Will my number be a GFA again next year or will it be with the mass start numbers?

You will have a GFA place.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

Does anyone know the craic with Championship entry, I got carried away this year and ended up doing 2:43:30 . Something on the site about Championship entries open in November. Have checked other years and it has been sub 2:45, but if I don't do the GFA and then that changes, I miss out, anyone any knowledge of this process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

In for the ballot anyway. Record number of entries this year they said so I've two chances of getting in but would be great if I did. Haven't been running the past two months so back at it now and will be going to Rotterdam if I don't get in here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Polster wrote: »
    Does anyone know the craic with Championship entry, I got carried away this year and ended up doing 2:43:30 . Something on the site about Championship entries open in November. Have checked other years and it has been sub 2:45, but if I don't do the GFA and then that changes, I miss out, anyone any knowledge of this process?

You need to be a member of a UK Athletics affiliated club for championship entry. The times are not going to change.

Not sure what happens if you take a GFA place but then get a championship qualified time before January in either a full or a half, but I'd expect them to upgrade you without too much bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't expect to get in, but it'd be nice. I'm a long way off a GFA time, but the older I get, the higher than time goes! They'll intersect eventually :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

robinph wrote: »
    Polster wrote: »

You need to be a member of a UK Athletics affiliated club for championship entry. The times are not going to change.

Not sure what happens if you take a GFA place but then get a championship qualified time before January in either a full or a half, but I'd expect them to upgrade you without too much bother.

Cool, in a club here in London now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

GFA place already confirmed and paid for, they are quick this year.

In again too, only applied late last night and had acceptance email by lunch!
    Very quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

Well done lads. Managed to bag a gfa time for 2016, way off for 2017. :(

ooter wrote: »
    Well done lads. Managed to bag a gfa time for 2016, way off for 2017. :(

The times should still count for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just paid for my deferred entry this morning. Pulled out injured this year, only back to light running in the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

The times should still count for two years.

Really, I got the gfa time for London 2016 at DCM 2014?

ooter wrote: »
    Really, I got the gfa time for London 2016 at DCM 2014?

Ahh, you'll be out of luck then. You'd need a time since the beginning of Jan 2015 to count and it could then be used for two years. The autumn marathons would actually only count for one year as by the time you have run it you have missed the entry deadline. Sorry for the confusion, ignore me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

GFA entry confirmed and paid for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

RubyK wrote: »
    GFA entry confirmed and paid for :)

Same, applied yesterday and all confirmed today. They don't keep you waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Thanks to some pertinent advice from Bulmers 74 I have received confirmation of a GFA place for London 17. Just need to sign up and pay now before 30th June. Even though it seems far off this is probably my ultimate goal for next 10 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

tomred1N wrote: »
    Thanks to some pertinent advice from Bulmers 74 I have received confirmation of a GFA place for London 17. Just need to sign up and pay now before 30th June. Even though it seems far off this is probably my ultimate goal for next 10 months.

Good stuff - my application in tonight. Were you waiting long to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Name is in the hat again (along with one from a friend of mine!)

No worries though. Another friend has roped me into Dublin this year so at the moment gonna run that with him

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    tomred1N wrote: »

Good stuff - my application in tonight. Were you waiting long to hear back?

Not long took about a day. Faster than me at the moment anyway!

Entered over the weekend and got confirmation this morning.

There's a big group going from the club, should be a good weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Gavlor wrote: »
    Entered over the weekend and got confirmation this morning.

There's a big group going from the club, should be a good weekend!

So what you're saying is that there will be numerous unattended houses in Waterford in April? Thanks, myself and the lads will be down in the van ;)

Might see about entering this next year!

So what you're saying is that there will be numerous unattended houses in Waterford in April? Thanks, myself and the lads will be down in the van ;)

Aka summer holidays for knackers

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Got my GFA too and am all signed up and paid.

Might need a visa if boris gets his way with Brexit.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I did my bit, I voted Remain...

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

I'm in - all paid up today.

• Advertisement

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    I'm in - all paid up today.

Just paid up there myself. Had almost forgot about it. U still thinking of doing an Autumn marathon Bulmers ?

Advertisement