Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

phobia2011 wrote: »
    that did the trick,

what settings do i need to change on crossepg, have it saving to disk,

its showing schedule download disabled, do i change that to 9.00 am or can it be anytime ?

Thanks again

Anytime you want, make sure you check the config file make sure it's saving to /media/hdd and never open the configure again in crossepg as it's bugged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

do i view in notepad?

do i view in notepad?

You can, or better still is http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

db-root=autofs/sda1/crossepg ?

db-root=autofs/sda1/crossepg ?

If that's where your usb is mounted yes, i use db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg

• Advertisement

if i need to download plugins using usb, can i remove storage pen or should that be left alone now?

if i need to download plugins using usb, can i remove storage pen or should that be left alone now?

Leave it alone until you get proper storage, most plugins are either downloaded in the box or ftp'd across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Anyone ever succeed in mounting their NAS within Enigma2?

I would really like to record and play to my NAS rather than using a USB harddrive locally.

Got up today to find the box had changed time automatically, the epg had the correct time and info but the display clock was on old time. A restart of Enigma then gave an error that a timer had changed time. It took a full cold boot to sort it. Be sure you all give yours a full cold boot or you may have errors and not notice.

Hope im missing something, thought i had the hard part done, just terrestrial tuner to do(easy right) not

have auto scanned lots, dismounted aerial(external) and made new connection, still no joy,

the transmitter in dungarvan is closest?

any ideas?

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Hope im missing something, thought i had the hard part done, just terrestrial tuner to do(easy right) not

have auto scanned lots, dismounted aerial(external) and made new connection, still no joy,

the transmitter in dungarvan is closest?

any ideas?

TIA

I had some trouble with this - I set it to Italy DVB-T and it worked
    try playing with the settings a bit

still no joy,

tried all of the options available

was reading elsewhere about maybe im not on the latest T2 tuner image, how would i check this?

TIA

still no joy,

tried all of the options available

was reading elsewhere about maybe im not on the latest T2 tuner image, how would i check this?

TIA

System infos in HDMU centre

Copied from the Satstation forum. Anyone wanting to map the EPG button to open CoolTvGuide get this plugin. It allows you map every button on the remote.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/enigma2-plugin-extensions-multiquickbutton_2.8.4beta_sh4.ipk

can someone confirm for me that their terrestrial tuner is working with the + model (T2 tuner)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Copied from the Satstation forum. Anyone wanting to map the EPG button to open CoolTvGuide get this plugin. It allows you map every button on the remote.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/enigma2-plugin-extensions-multiquickbutton_2.8.4beta_sh4.ipk
    Is it safe ,someone on there mentioned it could cause the box to go into a reboot loop.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Is it safe ,someone on there mentioned it could cause the box to go into a reboot loop.

I have no idea, I've not had a play with it yet. Use it at your peril.

Edit: I just read the post on satstation, he says it is designed for HDMU on this box, not to try it on other boxes or other images on this box
    http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f268-amiko-alien-2-enigma-2/quick-buttons-17427/#post47565

I received a Golden Media Triplex during the week and have been setting it up using the info supplied on this thread and on the other Firmware thread.

The HDMU firmware seems fluid and stable.
    The receiver boots alot faster than my Dm800 and the SD picture seems better than on the Dm800 ,perhaps a better scalar in operation .
    HD picture quality is similar to the Dm800 .

Crossepg and Cooltv work well.RTE player works well but 3player wont load videos,just a black screen.
    I installed Virtual Zap via plugins download but it seems buggy ,it locks up after zapping a few channels.Anyone else encounter this ?

The remote isnt the best ,the buttons are a bit stiff and the range of the remote doesn't seem great.
    If I sit more than 8 feet away from the receiver or at a slight angle certain button presses dont register .I have to press hard or else it doesn't register.Could be a poor IR receiver on the unit .
    Its fine up close ,very smooth.

The Mediaportal plugin is very good,loads of good apps on it .

On a Dreambox you can go back through channel history via the <> buttons,is there anything like that on the Triplex ?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

can someone confirm for me that their terrestrial tuner is working with the + model (T2 tuner)

thanks

I have the Golden Media Triplex T2 version and it is working, as posted before I had some trouble getting it to work.
    The first time I got it to work I set the bandwidth to 8mhz in a manual scan, though I did not do it when I reflashed

Zardoz wrote: »

On a Dreambox you can go back through channel history via the <> buttons,is there anything like that on the Triplex ?

You can do this with the << and >> buttons under play and pause on the remote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

Got up today to find the box had changed time automatically, the epg had the correct time and info but the display clock was on old time. A restart of Enigma then gave an error that a timer had changed time. It took a full cold boot to sort it. Be sure you all give yours a full cold boot or you may have errors and not notice.

That explains what happened to me last night! I had the same thing - correct time on the EPG, old time on the LCD clock. I rebooted the box and thought all was well, but then last night a 1 hour recording timer turned into a 2 hour timer, and the box crashed when I tried to exit.

Had to do a cold boot and lost the recording...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Planning to buy the golden media triplex this month, does the hdmu image work with scart?

Planning to buy the golden media triplex this month, does the hdmu image work with scart?
    Yes ,it does .

got tuner working wahey! thanks bappelbe, manual scan at 8 done the trick,

cool tv guide is not in the plugin download section, i have downloaded latest for other thread, when i ftp'd to root of box as described, couldnt find it,

am i doing something wrong

TIA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

got tuner working wahey! thanks bappelbe, manual scan at 8 done the trick,

cool tv guide is not in the plugin download section, i have downloaded latest for other thread, when i ftp'd to root of box as described, couldnt find it,

am i doing something wrong

TIA?

When you go to the Plugins section, press green and then go to Media and you should see cooltv in there to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Has anybody had a problem with they fastforward a recording and when you go to play the recording goes off and you are brought back into the list of recordings you have?

I was testing out recording some shows over the weekend by
    1. Pressing Rec and then choosing the option to "Record until end of current programme"
    2. Setting shows to record by using the timer.

After these shows had recorded i hit the play button which brought me into USB directory and my list of recorded shows was there.

I played each of them but each time I fast forwarded (just to make sure the button worked) and then hit play the recording would go off and then I would be brought back into the list of shows I had recorded.

Also is there a way so that when you hit the EPG button it can default to the cool tv EPG listing?

Thanks

gazzer wrote: »
    Has anybody had a problem with they fastforward a recording and when you go to play the recording goes off and you are brought back into the list of recordings you have?

I was testing out recording some shows over the weekend by
    1. Pressing Rec and then choosing the option to "Record until end of current programme"
    2. Setting shows to record by using the timer.

After these shows had recorded i hit the play button which brought me into USB directory and my list of recorded shows was there.

I played each of them but each time I fast forwarded (just to make sure the button worked) and then hit play the recording would go off and then I would be brought back into the list of shows I had recorded.

Also is there a way so that when you hit the EPG button it can default to the cool tv EPG listing?

Thanks

Works fine for me, hit >> once it goes 2x speed, hit it twice 4x, three times 8x etc, hit play then it plays again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Works fine for me, hit >> once it goes 2x speed, hit it twice 4x, three times 8x etc, hit play then it plays again

I was able to go through the speed increases (x2, x4, x8 etc) but when I hit play the recording turned off.

Might just be my fat fingers as I find the remote a bit unpredictable. Sometimes I have to really hit the button to get response on the receiver, whereas other times I only have to lightly hit the button to get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

gazzer wrote: »
    I was able to go through the speed increases (x2, x4, x8 etc) but when I hit play the recording turned off.

Might just be my fat fingers as I find the remote a bit unpredictable. Sometimes I have to really hit the button to get response on the receiver, whereas other times I only have to lightly hit the button to get a response.
    Only thing I found is when you play a file and immediately try to fast forward, it gets a bit contrary. Letting it play for a few secs first, then FF works fine.
    As for the remote, it must be pointing right at the box. It seems the sensor in the box is not great. It's not the remote as I found another device reacts to it even in a different direction.

• Advertisement

As for the remote, it must be pointing right at the box. It seems the sensor in the box is not great. It's not the remote as I found another device reacts to it even in a different direction.
    IR sensor is definitely poor,I've seen it mentioned on a few other forums .

I've noticed that switching the terrestrial channels is sluggish when using the Pli HD skin ,no such issues with the default or modernpli skin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement