Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Bailey Bar has been taken over by local dj and and a d4 socialite and going for the high end crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bigpink wrote: »
    The Bailey Bar has been taken over by local dj and and a d4 socialite and going for the high end crowd

I was wondering why the guy in the Moose was in there. Didn't seem like his cup of tea. He could have been the landlord as well just waiting on a new tenant.

Best of luck to these guys. Seems like the place is decorated for the high end crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Any names?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Joe Nash and Pippa O'Connor?

Whelans Bar on Denmark Street is opening on Friday night. I just delivered a "rake" of Beer into the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Whelans Bar on Denmark Street is opening on Friday night. I just delivered a "rake" of Beer into the place.

Would it be worth adding into our night on Friday?

source wrote: »
    Would it be worth adding into our night on Friday?

Dunno. Wouldn't exactly be a Bierhaus of sorts. Probably going to attract the usual Icon type crowd of days gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wasn't that already tried and failed in the past, with that bar? Nestors tried that at the start too, then they were not trendy anymore so the doormen were no longer too fussy about who they left in, then it became a skanger hangout before it eventually closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Any names?
    Johnny Hammond

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Dealz open in William St. this week. My cherrycoke addiction has gone through the roof now :p

Poundlands euro-arm... Was in there the other day, must say, I'm quite impressed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

you didnt happen to see a golf machine in whelans did you. I've searched high and low for one and just cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

bazz26 wrote: »
    Wasn't that already tried and failed in the past, with that bar? Nestors tried that at the start too, then they were not trendy anymore so the doormen were no longer too fussy about who they left in, then it became a skanger hangout before it eventually closed.

Everywhere that tries to do that eventually throws it out the window after a few weeks. There is no real demand in limerick for a place like that. Most people just want a decent night out without scum everywhere. Making it high end would put more off than onto it.

New York City Pizza opening next to top pizza. Don't know if it's the same place as the old lobster pot put it looks like a fine sized pizza place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Jofspring wrote: »
    New York City Pizza opening next to top pizza. Don't know if it's the same place as the old lobster pot
    Oh that would be my Christmas if it was lol :P
    Where's Top Pizza, is by where the Hub was but down a bit towards the market?

Sera wrote: »
    Oh that would be my Christmas if it was lol :P
    Where's Top Pizza, is by where the Hub was but down a bit towards the market?

It's next to the cornmarket bar (or where that used to be). Facing the big top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

New Café, Zest, open at Limerick City Gallery of Art.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is that the one at People's Park? Must get in there again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

The cafe is very nice, but I was a bit disappointed with the Gallery tbh though it may not have bene finished when I called in a couple of weeks back. The building itself is lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Do they have outdoor seating?

No outdoor seating by the looks of it!

Tried to eat there today and there was no seats left!

Great for them! Terrible for me me! :P

• Advertisement

Zest as in the same company whom opened in Ennis. If so, NICE! ;)

They also do the Catering for flights out of Shannon.

That's them! :)

Think they'll be opening a Café where Avoca was in Bunratty too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone for afternoon tea? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

large_homer.drool.jpg Aeroplane food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Saw it in passing, looks like a nice spot. Must try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Do they have outdoor seating?

Probably will during the warmer months (hopefully!). Surprised the only entrance for now is through the Gallery, maybe they're keeping an eye on who's in the Park before chancing opening the door at the Park-side :D . New Gallety space is still incomplete nearby so maybe that's the reason.

In any case looking forward to trying it out, fairly full as I was passing by today at lunchtime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Zest with a name like that its smells of a catering company

Surely a quirky cafe would have been the right thing for the gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see in this week's Limerick Post that Brian Geary is taking over the Toyota dealership for the city as well as the county. Looks like he is opening out in Raheen so assume it is the former Kilroy's Peugeot dealership site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bazz26 wrote: »
    I see in this week's Limerick Post that Brian Geary is taking over the Toyota dealership for the city as well as the county. Looks like he is opening out in Raheen so assume it is the former Kilroy's Peugeot dealership site.

Are O'Mara's loosing their franchise?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

They're 'giving up' the franchise apparently according to the post last week. I reckon it was the building of that ridiculously big showroom that was the final nail in the coffin, in line with slowing car sales. They are moving back to their former site near Lidl on the Ennis Road, and will be offering Toyota Aftersales Service but will not be an official dealer any more.

Saying that I often wonder how Geary got away with his cow sheds older showrooms in Rathkeale :confused:

Advertisement