Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

World of Tanks:)

Upcoming game perfect for Tank lovers :p
    I really cant wait for this game.
    In Beta test at the moment but its nearing release soon
    Its totally free to play with large scale battles.

Has loads of detailed models of actual developed Tanks from WWII
    plus experimental vehicles that never made it off the assembly line.
    Proper ballistics ,damage points on models, wind factors,bullet trajectory.

tigers ,shermans ,jagpanthers ,Hetzers , also tanks and artillary piece
    prototypes you didnt know existed.

www.worldoftanks.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJd9iCbpwuI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭plenderj

Besides the FPS'esque parts of it, it kind of reminds me of R.U.S.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Applied for Beta, looks really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I thought this was gonna be about battlefield europe (which is a realistic ww2 tank mmo that is a fair bit old now) but it looks like the tongue is firmly in the cheek in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

Been playing this non stop for the last couple days. It is tons of fun and hella addictive. Shattered Crystal are giving away beta keys if anyone is interested.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I finally got into the beta and registered my first kill at the weekend! :D

Most of the time, though, I'm just driving around and getting blown up. I usually manage a shot on the enemy first, but then they just seem to blow me to bits with their reply. (I'm using the two 'starter' tanks). Does anyone have any suggestions for how to actually get more kills, or is it a case of building up my gold till I can get a better tank?!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

geeky wrote: »
    I finally got into the beta and registered my first kill at the weekend! :D

Most of the time, though, I'm just driving around and getting blown up. I usually manage a shot on the enemy first, but then they just seem to blow me to bits with their reply. (I'm using the two 'starter' tanks). Does anyone have any suggestions for how to actually get more kills, or is it a case of building up my gold till I can get a better tank?!

Well the "Gold" currently is issued every 24 hours or so and when the games goes live instead of paying for the game or a monthly sub you buy gold if you want to.

As for a new tank keep building up your credits and exp. then go for either a PzKpfw II or a T-26. Then again with those just keep building up and upgrading your tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Let other people charge in first, then help pick off damaged enemy tanks ;)

Seems the servers are down at the moment :(

I havent stopped playing this game since I started playing it about a week ago.

Not going too high up the tech trees yet, just level 3 stuff, but really fun.

Had a great tactical finish to a game yesterday where I had no ammo left (SU-18), and only 2 of us left (the other guy was also an SPG) and I went out across the map as bait :) I circled around, found a few of their guys who tried to kill me, nly to be shelled from above.

I managed to take they're base on my own, as their last 2 tanks were heading over to our base to try take it.

Neither of us had any ammo left :) was great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

WuuZii wrote: »
    Been playing this non stop for the last couple days. It is tons of fun and hella addictive. Shattered Crystal are giving away beta keys if anyone is interested.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks
    Cheers. Just got my beta key, and registered for the beta. Will be on hopefully on Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got my key installed joined a battle, got killed then waited an age to respawn.
    Seems to have potential though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

how do you get the key from shatteredcrystal? do you have to add on cart and proceed to the payment page?

*edit*

just filled out the order and got my key mailed to me

feckin eejit

Dcully wrote: »
    Got my key installed joined a battle, got killed then waited an age to respawn.
    Seems to have potential though.

You don't respawn.

You can exit that battle, then if you have a second tank enter another battle with that one.

You can have up to 5 tanks on the go. So you get killed > back to garage > new tank > enter battle > rinse, repeat!

Have been playing quite a bit lately (though not enough to get to the higher tiers, so people must be on this game 24/7 seriously).

Have a Pz III and a Wespe. Though I have the Grille unlocked, but I'd rather keep my Wespe.

Auvers wrote: »
    how do you get the key from shatteredcrystal? do you have to add on cart and proceed to the payment page?

*edit*

just filled out the order and got my key mailed to me

feckin eejit

lol I see you edited, I was just going to tell you to do that!!

I just did it, so I have another key to give away if someone wants it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

lol I see you edited, I was just going to tell you to do that!!

I just did it, so I have another key to give away if someone wants it!!!

Me please, I would be very grateful. I'm dying to try this.:)

bubonicus wrote: »
    Me please, I would be very grateful. I'm dying to try this.:)

Your wish is my command :) check your PM for code, and where to d/l game client from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Are any people still testing/playing this? I'm interested in trying out the squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Are any people still testing/playing this? I'm interested in trying out the squads.

I am, almost religiously, though the new patch wouldn't dl last night for some reason...

Yep, haven't stopped.

I REALLY like the game. Some small issues to sort out, but its excellent.

Currently have a T-43, Hummel & BT-7 all maxed out.

Debating whether to get a T-44, or go down the TD line. Have about 45k free XP, and 2m credits.

The squad system isn't great, but at least gets you into the same games as the members of your squad (max is 3 players to a squad).

There is no squad chat as yet, but if you use TS or something it can be very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

yes I love the game, its all I have been playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Got on the beta this morning. Took a couple of days for the application to be processed. Liking it so far. Though I think they need to increase the draw distance. Oh and more servers please

Krieg wrote: »
    Got on the beta this morning. Took a couple of days for the application to be processed. Liking it so far. Though I think they need to increase the draw distance. Oh and more servers please

Don't have any issues with the draw distance - what you are experiencing may be to do with the view distance your tank has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Don't have any issues with the draw distance - what you are experiencing may be to do with the view distance your tank has.

Aye thats it!
    There I am trodding along in my tank happy out, when out of f***ing no where, 3 tanks suddenly appear in front of me 500m away.

Krieg wrote: »
    Aye thats it!
    There I am trodding along in my tank happy out, when out of f***ing no where, 3 tanks suddenly appear in front of me 500m away.

He he!! Get on the WoT forums, lots of cool info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Has anyone been able to use the squad function yet? I like the idea, but limiting it to 3 per squad seems a bit small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Anyone got a mirror at all to download the full install ? It's only 1.2GB but it's taking forever at the moment :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Nevermind, downloaded eventually. Installed, played a couple of games and then uninstalled it. Too few on the battlefield, it's not an MMO.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Nevermind, downloaded eventually. Installed, played a couple of games and then uninstalled it. Too few on the battlefield, it's not an MMO.

Its not really an MMO, its been Beta'd with 15v15 max per battle. Thats not going to be the only game mode though, and there are plans for persistent battles etc

I'm really enjoying it though.

Horses for courses I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nehaxak wrote: »

Any chance I can have your invite key / login ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement