Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

So, whos goin watching Desperate Housewives tonight?

Anyone have Xbox Live? What games are you playing at the moment? 3 Games I'm playing are Fifa, Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Gerard.C wrote: »

I for one, will be watching, That Eva Longeria Parker is a fine thing and the gf will make me watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

dancor wrote: »
    I for one, will be watching, That Eva Longeria Parker is a fine thing and the gf will make me watch it.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Eva L is a fine lady indeed but Nicolette Sheridan is well fit for her age. I bet she's capable of teaching most of us a few things. Durty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Anyone have Xbox Live? What games are you playing at the moment? 3 Games I'm playing are Fifa, Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3.

*raises hand*
    Playing Guitar Hero World Tour and finishing GTA IV. The final revenge mission is a chore to repeat again and again though.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gerard.C wrote: »

So this thraed's just opened and we all now know that Gerard.C likes Desperate Housewives :pac:

nelson_haha_1.jpg

So this thraed's just opened and we all now know that Gerard.C likes Desperate Housewives :pac:

...and your point is what exactly?

It's ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That any self respecting () man should be ashamed of liking such drivel, unless it is purely for oogling ass :D.

I for one will be hoping the Munster game is such a walk over for NZ that those idiot Munster fans will finally give up going on about some meaningless win in some meaningless friendly 30 bloody years ago. Honestly, are Munster rugby fans the most irritating shower of automotons on Gods green earth? The answer to that is yes. FFS, the Munster Supportets club choir will be "singing" on the pitch before the game, and no doubt the rest will follow with the Fields Of Athenry, a song about a man in Connacht who had to steal to feed his family. Can anyone tell me exactly why this song is identified with Munster? Has a Munster fan ever known anything other than privilege and ostentaion? The mind boggles. HEEEAVE :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

gimmick wrote: »
    . Honestly, are Munster rugby fans the most irritating shower of automotons on Gods green earth?

I take it you've never been to a GAA match when Meath were playing?!

It's ghey.

Hmm, do you really think so? Let's take a look at it - it's a show with a cast largely consisting of some damn hot females.

Sports entertainment on the other hand has a cast mainly comprising semi naked muscle men.

Oh course you are right, Desperate Housewives is totally "ghey" unlike sports entertainment which could never be accused of having the slightest homo-erotic overtones whatsoever.

I don't thionk I've ever watched a GAA match in full. The closest was when it was on a telly in hospital a few years ago when I was bed ridden after surgery.

I've never been to Croke Park.
    Hmm, do you really think so? Let's take a look at it - it's a show with a cast largely consisting of some damn hot females.

Sports entertainment on the other hand has a cast mainly comprising semi naked muscle men.

Oh course you are right, Desperate Housewives is totally "ghey" unlike sports entertainment which could never be accused of having the slightest homo-erotic overtones whatsoever.

Dunno dude, if I wanna see hot woman I'll look at my girlfriend.

I really f*cking hate turdanerds who spell it "ghey", it's GAY!
    (bunch of f*cking freaks!)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I really f*cking hate turdanerds who spell it "ghey", it's GAY!
    (bunch of f*cking freaks!)

I think it's spelt that way in the charter actually. I'm not a huge fan of it and I think that's the first time I spelt it like that. I suppose it's a bit non offensive to the homosexual folk ?

What's a "turdanerd" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I take it you've never been to a GAA match when Meath were playing?!

Funnily enough, no. But I would doubt that there is a lower life form than Munster fans.

Dunno dude, if I wanna see hot woman I'll look at my girlfriend.

Well unless your girlfriend is the insanely jealous type who will be checking all you posts here I don't see whats so wrong with saying that you also find other women attractive too especially when they are TV stars you are never likely to ever meet! And I just don't buy that "I only have eyes for her" BS either.

What's a "turdanerd" ?

A turd is a lump of sh*t that sits there, smells and does nothing
    A nerd is often a lazy lump of sh*t that sits in front of a PC guzzling junk food down his throat for countless hours, sometimes getting paid for it.

Turdanerd is born folks!

What does Shawnraven's user name mean ?
    Does he like Shawn Michaels and raven and what to have their offspring ?
    Is his name Shawn and he really likes ravens? Or wants to be one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

gimmick wrote: »
    That any self respecting () man should be ashamed of liking such drivel, unless it is purely for oogling ass :D.

I for one will be hoping the Munster game is such a walk over for NZ that those idiot Munster fans will finally give up going on about some meaningless win in some meaningless friendly 30 bloody years ago. Honestly, are Munster rugby fans the most irritating shower of automotons on Gods green earth? The answer to that is yes. FFS, the Munster Supportets club choir will be "singing" on the pitch before the game, and no doubt the rest will follow with the Fields Of Athenry, a song about a man in Connacht who had to steal to feed his family. Can anyone tell me exactly why this song is identified with Munster? Has a Munster fan ever known anything other than privilege and ostentaion?

Thank Christ! I think I may have found my soul mate! There is NOTHING more annoying than a Munster rugby fan. Oh wait there is, two munster fans. "Ireland by birth, Munster by the grace of God." Is such unmerciful drivel. This bloody devine right that know more about rugby just because they're from Cork or Limerick. I played rugby for Leinster but because I'm from Longford, my opinion doesn't count, or isn't as valued as theirs. It's my major pet hate. I also hate people from Cavan, Kilkenny, Galway, etc supporting Munster. You're from cavan, support Ulster. Kilkenny, look for Leinster, Galway check how Connaught are getting on in the Magners for the love of God.Supporting the Irish doing well will the argument thrown back at me but that Munster team is getting so far from being Irish it's ridiculous. I support Leinster, Munster are our biggest rivals so I'd sooner see them lose than win and that will be he case tonight.

I can however answer the Fields of Athenry query. The Athenry they refer to in the song, is Athenry in Waterford and not Galway.

The OTB page is phenomenal. :)

• Advertisement

What does Shawnraven's user name mean ?
    Does he like Shawn Michaels and raven and what to have their offspring ?
    Is his name Shawn and he really likes ravens? Or wants to be one ?

Oh i know this one! i know this one!!
    You're half right, the first part.

I hate Scott Levy with a passion though, if there was an award for the worlds biggest knob jockey, he'd get the win in a record amount of time.

I play bass, and one bassist who i had a lot of respect for passed on last year was former Killing Joke and Ministry bassists, Paul Raven.

So i combined the two names together.

Hey Shawn, what do you think of Tony Levin?

But that Johnny Polo guy was so cool. He was teh sex (sic) :pac:

Was your previous user name anything to do with music ?
    I quite like Killing Joke actually. I got that single "Love Like Blood" on vinyl either at the record fare last year or in Glasgow earlier this year.
    Well unless your girlfriend is the insanely jealous type who will be checking all you posts here I don't see whats so wrong with saying that you also find other women attractive too especially when they are TV stars you are never likely to ever meet! And I just don't buy that "I only have eyes for her" BS either.

I don't find them atttractive. That coupled with thinking the show is crap sorta leads to me giving it the ghey award :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

.I play bass, and one bassist who i had a lot of respect for passed on last year was former Killing Joke and Ministry bassists, Paul Raven.

I saw Killing Joke support Motley Crue in Cardiff a couple years ago..... cracking gig.

Hey Shawn, what do you think of Tony Levin?

Awesome. Particularly his earlier stuff with King Crimson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's Liverpool or Chelsea's title this year folk. Juventus for the Champion's League too.

Was your previous user name anything to do with music ?
    I quite like Killing Joke actually. I got that single "Love Like Blood" on vinyl either at the record fare last year or in Glasgow earlier this year.

No it didn't. Just came to the top of my head
    (What's with peoples obsession with my nicks? :pac:)

The entire Night Time album is one of my favourite Killing Joke albums, always disappointed me that either Love Like Blood or Eighties (That Nirvana blatantly ripped off for Come As You Are and nearly got sued for it only Cobain had killed himself and Coleman dropped the lawsuit) was never featured on the GTA Vice City games.

Awesome. Particularly his earlier stuff with King Crimson.

I'll check it out - I know him mainly from his work with Peter Gabriel.

It's Liverpool or Chelsea's title this year folk. Juventus for the Champion's League too.

The wheels will fall off for Liverpool around Christmas I reckon. I just don't see them as legitimate contenders compared to Chelsea. In fact, I don't think they will even finish 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yes an off topic thread! I look forward to getting to know all you bloody freakshows.:D:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement