Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Carrigstown has another Garda other than Deegan?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Since when does Esther wear a wig?? :confused::confused: And why??? I just thought she had that oold lady fake looking hair

Attention! Attention! Unauthorised wig removal in Carrigstown. Interceptors, immediate launch!
    (Who knew Charlotte's bedroom was so hi-tech? Although, you'd think Denzo, Dekko or Bonzo could've robbed her a better mobile.)

shado-ufo-girls-gay-ellis-2-03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Carrigstown has another Garda other than Deegan?? :eek:

Where is Deegan actually? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Havent seen Fair City in a few days.. Found this uploaded on youtube..

Did this actually happen? :confused:

Havent seen Fair City in a few days.. Found this uploaded on youtube..

Did this actually happen? :confused:

Oh, yes. It was like a scene from Crouching Gouger, Vicious Wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I liked the little tribute to Eastenders.

"Now Stop. Mucking. ABAAAAHT!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The cleaning lady comes at 10am says Finn and last night she usually comes at 8am, who the hell writes the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Jeez she looks so different without the wig

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Mina's taken the wig off...! ! !

Mina's taken the wig off...! ! !
    Couldn't they at least have had 'I Am What I Am' playing on the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

she looks grand without the wig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dave Justice

Suzanne said " I would love to work with children", I dont know what parent would want her near their children considering the amount of crimes she as done. But of course everyone as forgotten what she as done only months after, thats fair city for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dave Justice

The cleaning lady comes at 10am says Finn and last night she usually comes at 8am, who the hell writes the script.
    Not great ones thats for sure, the oldest trick in the book locking two characters by "accident" in an office/closet to work out their differents.

she looks grand without the wig!

00034839-279.jpg

She can give it to this one:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrXPbyZrpzHwzbomMJF03HwFCYaI9f2lwXg7ZYDNTsxZfX-dOktg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Do pubs open at 10-30. If so, would the cleaners want to be in before 10. Maybe they are super good ones and can have the place ready however.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry to bring this up

Did they have the ability in the 1960s to tell weather or not a child could be disabled? Did they even have Ultrasound?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Elmo wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this up

Did they have the ability in the 1960s to tell weather or not a child could be disabled? Did they even have Ultrasound?
    I don't think so. I know my Mam was offered Thalidomide when she was expecting me. I remember her saying if she had taken it, she would have had to wait until I was born to see if I was ok. Thankfully she did not take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Just watched tonights ep. Caoimhe has to be one of the most useless actors to ever appear on Fair City, and thats saying something.
    What on earth was that in the pub? The guard even outdid her.
    I presume the intention is for us, the viewer to feel sympathy, watching a bright young med student fall into the pits of despair of alcoholism. I'm not!! Im just hoping Barry hits her with his door!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

I think Esther looks much better without the wig. She looks more natural and I hope she doesn't put her wig back on again when David goes home. I thought she had become bald or had thinning hair since her days in Glenroe. I also thought that perhaps Fair City were addressing the sensitive subject of women suffering from hair loss and thinning hair. I know it is difficult for men too but I thought the reason here was the problem for women. I was pleased to see that the character and the actress had not suffered from such a distressing condition.

Caoimhe is not getting my votes at all. She just is not impressing me.

Liked the expression on Decco's face when Denzo informed him about their mother and Barry together and the fact that their mother had no shoes on!Hilarious. (It was in the clip for Sunday's episode at the end). Could not watch Barry and Vivienne smooching at their candlelight supper. Too much.

• Advertisement

I'm glad that Jo and Tommy were not featured in the episode tonight. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is a group photo of the Fair City writers:

chimps.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I was a bit critical of Mat Fraser's (David's) acting when he first appeared 7 weeks ago....now that his spell on Fair City appears to be coming to an end, I should acknowledge that even though his performances weren't in the class of a couple of brilliant Fair City actors, he did turn it around into GOOD performances after a shaky start IMO.

Is the name Bela a nickname or a real name? What name is it short for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ameliajane wrote: »
    Is the name Bela a nickname or a real name? What name is it short for?

I assumed it was Italian in origin but never though of the logic in that.

:eek: I just heard Turlough on the radio... talking about bank deposit accounts... Should I tell Neasa?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

The new amigos - Caoimhe, Robert and Orla - WTF!!
    I had never guessed that Esther was wearing a wig!
    Her real hair is better. Have to say I don't really get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

:eek: I just heard Turlough on the radio... talking about bank deposit accounts... Should I tell Neasa?

An Irish bank, using a dead con-man as a spokesman? But that makes no sense wh.... Ah. Forget I spoke.

kippy wrote: »
    I assumed it was Italian in origin but never though of the logic in that.

I seem to remember Bela saying many years ago that he was nicknamed after Bela Lugosi. It's as good a name as any for him to have, considering his wife is one of the undead.
    th_vampire_smiley_icon_by_abcdoremi123.jpg

• Advertisement

Sigourney wrote: »
    I seem to remember Bela saying many years ago that he was nicknamed after Bela Lugosi.

What are you talking about.:eek:. he's actually descended from a British upper class family.. His really name is

Bellamy Winston Whitlock Doyle III

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement