Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Digs wrote: »
    Have you had any other indications of ovulation? Frustrating waiting for the smiley I know!

Hi Digs. I've had some twinges which I suppose could be ovulation pains but they move around! 😄 I have 4 test sticks left so maybe I'll test the next few mornings and see if you're right about gearing up still. I've only had two periods since my miscarriage so I'm not sure of my cycle length so could very well have started testing too early too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Any cervical mucus to speak of Typer? Might be another indicator things are going in the right direction. It's a pain alright but maybe test the next few days in the hope you catch the surge. Aside from that I suppose all you can do is cover as many bases as you can in the bedroom :)

Blousey - you're very welcome! Fellow pcos re here and I also have an under active thyroid:) sounds like we are similar, I wouldn't have the typical symptoms, one of my hormones is a bit elevated and I've had cysts in the past. These have come and go. I had a bit of a head start in that I was diagnosed at 17 so plenty of time to get my head around things before ttc and it enabled me to be proactive. I have one daughter, she's two, it took us about a year to conceive and I was on Metformin for about six months before I got pregnant. We are trying to conceive again so I went back on Metformin in January. I ovulate too which my endocrinologist says is a really great sign so take that as a massive positive too in your case :) can be the main problem for some with pcos. Diet is major for me, not necessarily for weight but sugar seems to play havoc with my hormones. Hopefully the Metformin works it's magic for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Welcome blousey!! Typer - how are you getting on with your peaks? I know it's frustrating but I'm sure it's just your body getting back to normal after the miscarriage.

Hi Dreamstar, day 10 of high fertility now :confused: I have 3 sticks left so will test the next three mornings and then give up. My pre pregnancy cycle was 32 days so even if I've returned to that I should be seeing peak fertility by now. We've been consistent with the sex every two days regardless. To be honest it's becoming a bit of a chore! :-) I reckon we won't want to go near each other for the next two weeks

How are you getting on?

To be honest it's becoming a bit of a chore! :-) I reckon we won't want to go near each other for the next two weeks

Aw I have times like that too. It can ruin the mood when you HAVE to do it. Some steamy underwear usually solves that! Teehee.
    Very strange with the lack of peak. Try the next few days and keep us posted.
    I'm doing good. No flashy or solid smiley yet but should be the next day or so. Going with the every second day until then. Busy with work so always wrecked at night so I feel your pain with the chore at times. Reading a few pages of 50 shades helps.
    Haha.

• Advertisement

Solid smiley face this morning! Typical, I'll have to come home on my lunch break tonight or I won't see the hubbie today. Glad I didn't stop testing now (thanks Digs!) or there definitely wouldn't have been any action today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Woo hoo Typer! Go forth and multiply :D:D

Solid smiley face this morning!

YAY!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your 'lunch break'!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blousey

Digs wrote: »

Blousey - you're very welcome! Fellow pcos re here and I also have an under active thyroid:) sounds like we are similar, I wouldn't have the typical symptoms, one of my hormones is a bit elevated and I've had cysts in the past. These have come and go. I had a bit of a head start in that I was diagnosed at 17 so plenty of time to get my head around things before ttc and it enabled me to be proactive. I have one daughter, she's two, it took us about a year to conceive and I was on Metformin for about six months before I got pregnant. We are trying to conceive again so I went back on Metformin in January. I ovulate too which my endocrinologist says is a really great sign so take that as a massive positive too in your case :) can be the main problem for some with pcos. Diet is major for me, not necessarily for weight but sugar seems to play havoc with my hormones. Hopefully the Metformin works it's magic for you :)

Oh Digs that's so reassuring!!! I've been trying to stay away from sugar as much as I can since taking the metformin. I do need to lose a few pounds anyway as I'd be in the overweight category. I just need to get my head around it! Hopefully we will get our BFP before the end of the year. Getting so fed up with seeing 'not pregnant' !!!!
    I hope you get a positive result soon!!!

Guys I'm kind of freaked and need some advice! I'm on CD16. Got a high fertility on OPK today and yesterday. Expecting peak tomorrow. Went to the bathroom today and had a very slight bleed????? Like not red or brown but a definite orangy tinge on the toilet paper when I wiped. Sorry for tmi. It has NEVER happened before. It can't be an implantation bleed as I haven't even ovulated yet. Didn't have sex last night so it's not from a rough session either. Has this ever happened anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm not sure Dreamstar, but sometimes spotting occurs for no reason. I'd say chat to your GP to put your mind at rest.

Thanks Neyite. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days. It seems to have stopped already though. Strange. Will defo mention it to GP.

How are you Dreamstar? Any more spotting?

How are you Dreamstar? Any more spotting?

Yeah...its strange. Started as an orangey stain, then red and now brown. Not heavy or anything and no cramps??? Have had three days of flashy Smiley's - no peak yet. Going to ring the doctor tomorrow and see what she thinks. Hoping it's not a problem with the cyst or something.

Oh no Dreamstar. Hopefully it's nothing, you're right to see the doc though. For peace of mind if nothing else

So I was just in touch with my GP and she seems to think the spotting is nothing to worry about. :) She said that occassionally with fluctuations in hormones that spotting can occur at ovulation. So she just said keep track of my cycle and unless I feel unwell there's no need to go in to her. Phew! :D

So I'm on my fourth day of high fertility today.I usually only get two so I'm hoping I don't end up like you Typer with 9 high fertility days!!! :eek:
    The spotting has completely stopped also.I'm on CD18 - Got my peak on CD19 last month so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. :D

Day 5 of high fertility..............:confused:

Looks like I'm the same as you Typer! How weird is that - that we both get loads of high fertility days in the same month!

Was it the 10th day for you was your peak?

No way Dreamstar :D I've looked back at my 'notes' and the three months I've used the tests I had 4,5 and 9 flashy smiley days whatever that's about! It's very frustrating isn't it? I was really glad I stuck with it this month because there's no way we would've still been having sex the day I ovulated. We were sick of it by that stage! :D

No way Dreamstar :D I've looked back at my 'notes' and the three months I've used the tests I had 4,5 and 9 flashy smiley days whatever that's about! It's very frustrating isn't it? I was really glad I stuck with it this month because there's no way we would've still been having sex the day I ovulated. We were sick of it by that stage! :D

:D:D:D
    Yeah I can see how you's get sick of it alright! Started getting the high fertility smileys on my second stick so at least I still have a few left. Don't want to have to buy any more! :D This is also my third time using these OPK's and the first two months I had two flashy smiley days so just presumed this would be the same. Although there must be something funny going on as I had the spotting too.
    Anyways we'll see what happend tomorrow. Maybe it's a good sign for us both and we're SUPER fertile! Heehee! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I have to have an Endo Scratch next week so this month we have had to abstain and it's the strangest thing after six years of not ttc to now have to think about that!!! It's terrible coz I'm like 'I wonder would it have happened this month'!!!! Most likely not though! My ob always steered me away from the OPK's so I have actually never used them....

• Advertisement

.........soooooo.............CD21.............SEVENTH high fertility day???!!! :confused::eek:
    Not sure what's going on. :mad:

Just keep the action going DreamStar just in case, you never know, this might be your lucky month xx

dreamstar wrote: »
    .........soooooo.............CD21.............SEVENTH high fertility day???!!! :confused::eek:
    Not sure what's going on. :mad:

Keep on trucking Dreamstar. If you get peak fertility on day 10 we'll be twins! :D we did it every second day and then on peak fertility day and then ignored each other for a few days :D:D

Keep on trucking Dreamstar. If you get peak fertility on day 10 we'll be twins! :D we did it every second day and then on peak fertility day and then ignored each other for a few days :D:D

Thanks Typer! Just hoping I do get peak soon as I only have two sticks left. But sure we'll see!

I love that - 'ignored each other for a few days' - I'll defo be the same! :D

So I have used all of my OPK sticks. Got my 9th high fertility today! And so no peak. On the instruction leaflet it says if you get 9 or more ' you may wish to stop testing' and underneath that it says if you don't get a peak you didn't ovulate that month. So I'm not feeling too positive about this month.

I'd still keep trying Dreamstar, you never know where your luck is...

Definitely keep trying Dreamstar. I got peak fertility after 9 days of high this month and I just did a test and I'm pregnant!!!

I was away with my parents for the weekend and felt very pregnant. I had stabbing pains in my boobs, cramps and my sense of smell was off the charts. Obviously delighted but apprehensive as my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I know it's very early days but this pregnancy feels like my first successful pregnancy. I have a lot of the same symptoms already as my first and I didn't have them on the miscarried pregnancy.

My due date (fingers crossed!!!) will be 5 days after my daughter's 3rd birthday:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congratulations Typer monkey:) :) That's great news. I can understand you being apprehensive but just keep busy with your little girl and let those first few months fly by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Congrats Typer! Fantastic news . didn't take long at all. Best of luck with this pregnancy.

CD14 here. Have started bding again. Very late ovul last time at CD21 so could be in for a marathon!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nice one Typer!

I'm always cheered up when I hear good news on this thread. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement