Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just successfully did a French plait on my hair all by myself for the first time! Awesomes!

Actually wait nevermind it's a Dutch plait according to Google...but still looks cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm still impressed, I can't even do a bog-standard plait in my own hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

woo payday, boo half its gone already on bills and rent, this living month to month thing SUCKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Pulled a muscle in my back and am shuffling around like Quasimodo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

krudler wrote: »
    woo payday, boo half its gone already on bills and rent, this living month to month thing SUCKS.

I hear ya.

Ugh, I just want to go home but looks like the boss is only getting started :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Wuhoo getting an a load of work done today. Shifted a load of rock too though and my back is already started to make noise. Really need to start pilates again.

Could murder a massive steak right now.

Can't believe that is Leann Rimes...her and Linsey Lohan really need to invest in a mirror and new honest friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

EmilyO wrote: »
    Acoshla, do you mind PMing me a link to your FB business page? I'd love to have a gawk and vote for you :)

Acoshla, me too please if you don't mind. :)
    Links234 wrote: »
    well, I'm definitely losing some friends cos of my transition :(

I knew that was gonna be the case, but it still hurts

Links that's horrible. :( I hope you're doing okay. xx
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Just successfully did a French plait on my hair all by myself for the first time! Awesomes!

I've always wanted to do that but now my hair is too short. :o

How are we all doing today loungers? Good I hope. I've just arrived home from bf's place. I usually get a later train. For some reason he wanted me to get the early one, I don't know why. Have to admit I'm a little bit upset but I'll be okay. No point saying anything to him because I'm probably reading too much into it as it is. Just sort of got the feeling he didn't want me there for some reason.

Just started watching The Mentalist again from the start. I forgot where I stopped watching so I said catching up from the start was probably a good idea. Forgot how good it was.

I have a blonde Schwarzkopf dye in my drawer and I'm half thinking of doing it on my own tonight. My hair is dyed using a plum colour of the same brand so I don't think it'll even take but I'm very tempted to try it..

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I have a blonde Schwarzkopf dye in my drawer and I'm half thinking of doing it on my own tonight. My hair is dyed using a plum colour of the same brand so I don't think it'll even take but I'm very tempted to try it..

Don't do it, it'll come out orange! Seriously, you need to strip out the current colour and even then blonde is really dodgy to attempt on your own :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It'll probably bleach your hair a bit, if it's permanent. It might be good if you want to put a lighter colour over the blonde, as a change from the plum. But I'm not sure if it'll look so good with just the blonde dye...

I could be wrong now, I'm not a hairdresser! But I've had black stripped from my hair, and it went a gingery-orange colour that needed to be covered over with a light brown semi.

Also, the blonde dye might make your hair dry, so maybe get your hands on an intensive conditioner or something :)

• Advertisement

"Dutch Plait"...bit shit but I can practice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lia_lia wrote: »
    "Dutch Plait"...bit shit but I can practice!

I can only do them in my hair, when i try to do them in someone elses hair they turn into a French plait. Just cant get my head around to doing them backwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I used to be able to do 5 and 7 strand braids when I was younger but my fingers are out of practice. I tried a 5 strand one a few weeks ago and it was a complete mess.

Should have looked like this..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDo8624c_-D9BJvJ-DsoBAoyD_90jXWUvwLMczsgJ8Fdj04zZ7WQ

Dolorous wrote: »
    Don't do it, it'll come out orange! Seriously, you need to strip out the current colour and even then blonde is really dodgy to attempt on your own :eek:
    EmilyO wrote: »
    It'll probably bleach your hair a bit, if it's permanent. It might be good if you want to put a lighter colour over the blonde, as a change from the plum. But I'm not sure if it'll look so good with just the blonde dye...

I could be wrong now, I'm not a hairdresser! But I've had black stripped from my hair, and it went a gingery-orange colour that needed to be covered over with a light brown semi.

Also, the blonde dye might make your hair dry, so maybe get your hands on an intensive conditioner or something :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I'll leave it so! I don't want orange hair! I was thinking of trying the colour foam ones but I haven't heard great things about them..

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I'll leave it so! I don't want orange hair! I was thinking of trying the colour foam ones but I haven't heard great things about them..

Sadly I learned the hard way when I had to came to the rescue of a friend who home bleached her hair last Christmas... there was brown, orange and blonde in there! Luckily I had a temporary ash blonde dye lying around... I think home dye is great for a darker shade, but for blonde you really need to go to a hairdresser :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm sitting in bed watching the chess scene from the Thomas Crown Affair.

I'm going to have to go downstairs and make dinner soon. Still not 100% after the ****ty migraine. Steve McQueen helps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Ou est bébé Ivy? MOAR BABIES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I miss my white hair. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

hi all i have some good news about tiny my british bulldog:D:D:D:D.
    she has been in the vets the last few days on the drip,we got called in there at 4 o clock and i must say the journey in everything was going through our minds.

its good news she on the way up not 100% yet but mabey tommorrow we can take her home.
    they dont think its cancer must do a few more tests but more likely its not cancer.

i know we all give out about vet bills been so high and hard to pay but in fairness the help they do and the treatmeant they give means to me i will have her for another few years:D:D they were feeding her with a spoon today in fairness thats service,she dident take it so the drip went back on.

all the best boardies today has been a great day for me.enjoy the weekend audi:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

God Bubblefett..................I can only hope my sons meet some woman like yourself some day when they are older.......That is a lovely thing to do. Your BF's mom is a lucky lady:):)

Aw thank you :o I like helping out, his family have always been amazing to me
    Dolorous wrote: »
    Sadly I learned the hard way when I had to came to the rescue of a friend who home bleached her hair last Christmas... there was brown, orange and blonde in there! Luckily I had a temporary ash blonde dye lying around... I think home dye is great for a darker shade, but for blonde you really need to go to a hairdresser :)

Dolorous is spot on Jane! I had blue black hair which I had to get stipped (which actually turned it bright Fifth Element style orange) then dyed over in blonde and ended up auburn (and that was in Tony and Guy)
    By myself I tried putting blonde over fading red hair (cause it seems I never learn my lession!) and ended up with a **** red/orange colour- even after stripping it last summer half my hair is still tinted red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Saw this on twitter. Cannot contain laughter.

http://i.imgur.com/Zuoxg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The last two days have been manic with college work. Never have I been so delighted for the weekend! :)

(ie, sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep! :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Lulz, just discovered the pay for my new job is laughibly sh1te - E19,665 per annum. I'll be getting only E14 more than if I was in a minimum wage job, and will have some pretty big responsibilities. Can't afford to be fussy though, and it's great experience. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm not gonna be all sad today

it was a really nice day, had a great walk, and now I'm gonna go get stuff sorted and cleaned up instead of being mopey and lazy. listening to Rammstein, of course. ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Going to do pretty much the same thing here - apartment is a mess, so time to put some Rammstein on and get to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lulz, just discovered the pay for my new job is laughibly sh1te - E19,665 per annum. I'll be getting only E14 more than if I was in a minimum wage job, and will have some pretty big responsibilities. Can't afford to be fussy though, and it's great experience. :)

It's more than I make if it makes you feel any better.

My bf listens to Rammstein as well.. Must check them out sometime.

I have 2 episodes of The Mentalist loading and ready for me when I get home. :D Would love some icecream but I won't be bold. I need to lose some weight to get something nice for the wedding that my bf has asked me to go with him to. Honestly, I'm more excited about seeing him in a suit than the actual wedding.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's more than I make if it makes you feel any better.

To be clear, I'm not thanking you earning less than me. :) More the solidarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

My bf listens to Rammstein as well.. Must check them out sometime.

I have 2 episodes of The Mentalist loading and ready for me when I get home. :D Would love some icecream but I won't be bold. I need to lose some weight to get something nice for the wedding that my bf has asked me to go with him to. Honestly, I'm more excited about seeing him in a suit than the actual wedding.. :o

the mentalist is amazing jane! i love cho :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

There are plenty of people out there who would do your job, and for less money too.

Sorry for jumping on your post, it just gets to me when I see/hear people complaining about low wages, when there are thousands of people out there unemployed (myself included) who can barely make ends meet.

Dinner now, Confit of Duck marinaded in extra hot mustard, chilli, paprika and garlic. Hope it's nice :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement