Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The shooter doesn't represent the views of any sane rational person. Yes the relationship btw the police and the black community is rocky but no one is calling for the death of innocent ppl. The majority of black Americans are asking for peace in their own communities

The protest campaigns seem to be looking for justice first, before peace in their communities. Sadly I think tragedies like this will happen again and again until the police approach to black communities is reformed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭SeanW

coalburner wrote: »
    Did they rally for micheal browns family
    Why would families of police in New York "rally" for a thug 1000+ miles away (who himself tried to kill a cop)?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

The protest campaigns seem to be looking for justice first, before peace in their communities. Sadly I think tragedies like this will happen again and again until the police approach to black communities is reformed.

Police approach and gun control. The shooter in this case with his criminal record was able to obtain a firearm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Robroy36

...police approach to black communities is reformed.

Black communities need to reform first, once that happens the police won't need to reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

If Everyone was carrying a gun this would never of happened...... I have heard that somewhere.

Robroy36 wrote: »
    Black communities need to reform first, once that happens the police won't need to reform.

If only the Catholic communities in the North reformed their culture of violence and poverty before violence broke out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If Everyone was carrying a gun this would never of happened...... I have heard that somewhere.

Jeepers, I see an opening for a new business venture, selling bullet proof vests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

You'd think that now that Obama is in the White House, this persecution complex that a lot of African-Americans seem to have might have gone away.

Still very much alive & well with them, it seems. Sad really.
    not sure if trolling or just stupid.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Black communities need to reform first,

once that happens the police won't need to reform.

The Solution ( by Berthold Brecht 1898-1956 ) [ re. the Berlin Uprising 1953. ]

After the uprising of the 17th of June
    The Secretary of the Writers Union
    Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
    Stating that the people
    Had forfeited the confidence of the government
    And could win it back only
    By redoubled efforts.

Would it not be easier
    In that case for the government
    To dissolve the people
    And elect another?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Cop gets shot and killed. That's his job.
    Soldier gets shot and killed or maimed ot mutilated. That's his job.

Why the outrage and fury?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Egginacup wrote: »

It's his job to get shot and killed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

coalburner wrote: »
    Where was the outcry for micheal brown

how dare you compare two innocent working men to a criminal who attacked police .

Its that sort of pathetic attitude that has us trapped in this ridiculous political correct mire that forgives criminals for their actions time and time again.
    It might be better if criminals paid for their crimes rather than pandering to the predators among us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ye wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

The cops got shot and killed while doing their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

If only the Catholic communities in the North reformed their culture of violence and poverty before violence broke out...

Actually thats a revealing post in a way you probably didn't mean.
    Once institutional barriers were removed Northern Catholics placed a very high emphasis on education compared to the working class unionist community

• Advertisement

Actually thats a revealing post in a way you probably didn't mean.
    Once institutional barriers were removed Northern Catholics placed a very high emphasis on education compared to the working class unionist community

So do you believe that there's insignificant or no institutional barriers challenging the African American community from achieving equality in education, wealth, etc in the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

So do you believe that there's insignificant or no institutional barriers challenging the African American community from achieving equality in education, wealth, etc in the US?

No I believe there is NI benefitted from an actual welfare state, but its an interesting but rather meaningless social comparison, the people that shoot cops in the north also shoot drug dealers in their community the anti-heroes in post 1980's african american culture appear to be drug dealers to their own community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

bjork wrote: »
    'Merica - Can't go a day without hearing this type of thing. God Bless America

+1

#MURICA!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Putinovsky wrote: »
    The usual suspects with the same agendas. They're trying their best to turn After Hours into a Stormfront type forum for them to soap box their racist views.

Lol. Why don't you report those you disagree with to the guards if there so evil and racist?

Putinovsky wrote: »
    The usual suspects with the same agendas. They're trying their best to turn After Hours into a Stormfront type forum for them to soap box their racist views.

Lol. Why don't you report those you disagree with to the guards if they're so evil and racist?

• Advertisement

The cops got shot and killed while doing their jobs.

You're correct.
    A bouncer gets punched while doing his job.
    A soldier gets killed whilst doing his job.
    A policeman gets killed whilst do his job.

These jobs entail violence and getting killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You're correct.
    A bouncer gets punched while doing his job.
    A soldier gets killed whilst doing his job.
    A policeman gets killed whilst do his job.

Aren't you a caring individual. Building materials collapse on builder? Just doing his job. Doctor gets disease and dies? ****er deserved it for going near those people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Entering a pub means running the the not improbable risk of getting lamped on the head by a random drunk.

If I smacked you in the gob on a night out would you react 'Gee golly whiz, I should have known not to go into a pub. My fault.' ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Does he? I'm not aware of that.

If he is, he's doing a massive disservice to black Americans.

Sh*t! I hate posting many pages later...

Oh he sure does! He spoke at some Black Conference-thingy a few months ago and the change in demeanour, language and posture was incredible...

Wouldn't it be a disservice to all American's and not just the black ones? That's a very racist sentiment...:eek:

mynamejeff wrote: »
    how dare you compare two innocent working men to a criminal who attacked police .

Its that sort of pathetic attitude that has us trapped in this ridiculous political correct mire that forgives criminals for their actions time and time again.
    It might be better if criminals paid for their crimes rather than pandering to the predators among us.

So paying for a crime in your world is to be executed without even an arrest, charge or conviction like Brown was? And before you bang on about how the cop feared for his life and Brown was trying to take his gun and kill him, be aware that that is just the word of the cop while other eyewitnesses have been ignored or even threatened. Brown was shot twice in the top of the head. .... he was "finished off" by a sick sadistic coward.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Entering a pub means running the the not improbable risk of getting lamped on the head by a random drunk.

If I smacked you in the gob on a night out would you react 'Gee golly whiz, I should have known not to go into a pub. My fault.' ???

There's a big difference between being a victim of violence when performing a military style occupation and being a victim of random civilian violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

So paying for a crime in your world is to be executed without even an arrest, charge or conviction like Brown was? And before you bang on about how the cop feared for his life and Brown was trying to take his gun and kill him, be aware that that is just the word of the cop while other eyewitnesses have been ignored or even threatened. Brown was shot twice in the top of the head. .... he was "finished off" by a sick sadistic coward.
    Other eyewitnesses said he was shot in the back which turned out to be bare faced lies but don't let the real facts get in the way of your prejudice's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

the facts of that case are fairly well known at this stage i you chose to ignore that's your issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the police do need to reform. suggesting they don't have a problem is deluded bull****. believe it or not sometimes the police are wrong

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

mynamejeff wrote: »

he didn't "attack" cops. it was a little bit of rough play.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

tipptom wrote: »
    Other eyewitnesses said he was shot in the back which turned out to be bare faced lies but don't let the real facts get in the way of your prejudice's.

Like the bare faced lies from the woman who claimed to have seen the whole thing, gone on record numerous times, and probably paid a part in the final verdict but was found out to be lying and racist? Google Sandy McElroy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

the police do need to reform. suggesting they don't have a problem is deluded bull****. believe it or not sometimes the police are wrong

Or from your point of view- they're always wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Rough play is what you do with your friends, not the police after you commit a crime.

Ah sure, the poor lad was just having a bit of fun, "playing" with the cop, reaching for his gun, all this after robbing a shop and assaulting the owner, and sauntering down the middle of the road being a danger to himself and others in traffic.

Yeah, MB sure sounds like a martyred saint to me :rolleyes: it's almost like ... certain people ... are never at fault for anything they do, according to you.

Strider wrote: »
    Or from your point of view- they're always wrong.
    no . when i believe they are right i will say so. when not i will say so. as opposed to you and others idea that they are always right and must never be questioned or told they are wrong

SeanW wrote: »
    Ah sure, the poor lad was just having a bit of fun, "playing" with the cop, reaching for his gun, all this after robbing a shop and assaulting the owner, and sauntering down the middle of the road being a danger to himself and others in traffic.

Yeah, MB sure sounds like a martyred saint to me :rolleyes: it's almost like ... certain people ... are never at fault for anything they do, according to you.

It's interesting how right-wingers alway show such deeply heartfelt emotion for the deaths of policemen, but can't even begin to express regret or sadness or even a shred of empathy for the families of young black men shot, strangled, beaten or burnt to death by the authorities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Okay there Grand Wizard, it's getting dark now time for you to get white robe & hood on & start burning some crosses & let all your anger at the whiteman's burden come out.

Okay there Grand Wizard, it's getting dark now time for you to get white robe & hood on & start burning some crosses & let all your anger at the whiteman's burden come out.

How does not having sympathy for Mike Brown make you a member of the Klan. I'm happy when white scumbags die, does that mean I hate whites?

How does not having sympathy for Mike Brown make you a member of the Klan. I'm happy when white scumbags die, does that mean I hate whites?
    I guess so. Whitey be making the brothers smoke da rock and all that.

I hate it when people shout 'racism' just because some of us want to imitate, for comedic purposes, the supposed speaking characteristics and stereotypes of black people.

• Advertisement

it just makes you as bad as them. being happy someone is dead is not a nice quality in a person. it just makes one sound like they have low to no morals

It's a good thing for you that you're hiding behind a handle, beacuse (as scurrilous lies go) I'm pretty sure would be legally actionable in a different time and place.

Let me be absolutely clear about one thing - since your remarks leave some doubt - my opinions on these cases have nothing to do with the skin colour of the participants.

Start by looking at the victims in both cases - in Ferguson, the initial victim was an Indian-American. Couldn't get any less white than that. As BTW were the owners of lots of other businesses that were destoryed in the rioting. Why would a white racist (like what you accuse me of) care about an incident that started a crime between two dark skinned people? Why would the officer have cared either, if he were really the racist murderer you've painted him as?

Same for the cops in New York, one was Latino, the other Chinese-American. Why would a Klansman care about non-whites in the police?

Were the shoe on the other foot, i.e. if Michael Brown were a white thug that had robbed the Indians' store and then was killed after he attacked a black policeman, I would feel the same way about his death. To be clear, I'm not happy he's dead (a person has to be much more evil that their death enriches the world, Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden) but I don't think it was an injustice either.

Likewise the murdered cops in New York, say both of them were black and they'd been murdered by a white racist, and this had occurred in the context of months of widespread race baiting by actual Klansmen. I would consider it foolish to divorce this act from its context.

it just makes you as bad as them. being happy someone is dead is not a nice quality in a person. it just makes one sound like they have low to no morals
    Are you not happy that Osama Bin Laden is dead?

Are you not happy that Osama Bin Laden is dead?
    no . i wanted to see him on trial and the americans have to actually prove their case and put the evidence to a proper legitimate court. the fact that hasn't and can't happen is an injustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Noobascious

Pity they weren't actual white cops working in the Bronx. As someone else said Osama and hitler were totally to blame for all that happened they had no supporters whatsoever. Maybe when we realise this we can rip out the nukes.

Why should I care if some scumbag dies, especially if its through his own stupidity?

You talk about compassion, man you wouldn't give two ****s if Brown was killed by a black policeman or if he was white.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Like the bare faced lies from the woman who claimed to have seen the whole thing, gone on record numerous times, and probably paid a part in the final verdict but was found out to be lying and racist? Google Sandy McElroy.

stick with the physical evidence (ballistics) so, ignore the nutjobs

Why should I care if some scumbag dies, especially if its through his own stupidity?

You talk about compassion, man you wouldn't give two ****s if Brown was killed by a black policeman or if he was white.
    yes i would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

The biggest problem is the gun culture that exists in the United States. It is so easy to get a gun, every criminal is automatically assumed to be armed by the police, every criminal knows the police are armed, etc. The cycle continues.

Until the gun culture changes, stories and incidents like this one will continue and on and on and on until the end of time. And to be honest, I think the USA is too far gone now for any real change in the gun culture to happen, unfortunately.

They have more guns per capita in Switzerland, yet they don't have such a problem with violence.
    yes i would
    Then among people with your view, you would be in the minority. The protests over MB were almost universally race-based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

They have more guns per capita in Switzerland, yet they don't have such a problem with violence.

Plus, Canada has a huge rate of gun ownership as well. Don't know what it is per capita, but even my own relations have rifles, shotguns and pistols all in their houses and use them quite a lot. But yet, Canada doesn't have nearly as much violence or gun crime as the States does.

I really don't think anyone can explain why, when other countries have huge gun ownerships, that the United States is so special when it comes to gun crime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement