Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 NYPD cops shot dead in retaliation...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nodin wrote: »
    Why can't you answer - If people aren't committing crime because they are poor then why are they doing so?

Because it's cool homie. Nodin black street gangs make up a huge percentage of modern day organised crime in America, some sources put it at 70%, outside of them you have the Russian Bratva, the remaining Mafia families and the Mex Cartels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

When I lived in Manhattan in the mid 90's a black dude walked into a corner shop and shot the Asian shop assistant once in the head killing him instantly in a shop directly below my apartment. Cops where on the scene in a matter of I'd say a minute tops and had arrested the criminal about two blocks from the crime. I'd only lived in NY for about three weeks at the time and the thing that struck me as I stood about on the street being curious about that incident was the amount of racially motivated comments from the locals (predominantly black women) towards the cops who where just going about their job setting up a crime scene etc.. There was a genuine hatred of the NYPD and although I didn't realise why at that time by the time I left NY in 2002 I understood. Unfortunately the police department in NY (like every major police force in the states) has more than it's fair share of bad apples that ruin it's rep for the majority.

Sounds like in the 12 or so odd years since I left nothing has changed and I doubt it ever will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

some scumbags just dont like police , colour isnt the factor anything in blue is good enough.be interesting to see what the race baters like sharptons response will be .
    had the cops been faster and managed to kill him first they would be branded as racists and dragged through the press ass ways regardless of circumstances

if black people in america and other countries have an inferiority complex might be its their problem not the whole worlds.

Irish people and Catholics were treated just as bad in the early days of the united states along with the asians but the blacks are the ones with the grudge

rip the cops who were doing nothing more than their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Feel terrible for their famillies, friends and NYPD brothers and sisters.
    The race card has been played way too much and they need to start growing up.

I feel sick to the stomach that these absolute filth that murder people breathe the same air I do.

R.I.P to the 2 courageous officers who have lost their lives and so many lives now ruined because of this 1 phsyco nut.

I hope people start to notice without a police force the murder rate and just any terrible crime would be out of this world and the people who hate the cops so much what would they do or who would they call when they are the ones in danger of losing their lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

rossie1977 wrote: »
    what?

thats like saying back in 1860 if say boston or new york had an irish mayor then the ordinary irish should stop feelin sorry for themselves and realise how good they have it..

facts speak for themselves. black men only make up 6% of the us population but around half the prison population. there are ten times as many black males in us prisons right now per capita than there was during the height of the apartheid regime in south africa.

So blacks are committing more crime than whites. Whose fault is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

So blacks are committing more crime than whites. Whose fault is that?

Whites

Whites

I guess so. Whitey be making the brothers smoke da rock and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Rabo Karabekian

Amazingfun wrote: »
    The crime stats are listed in explicit detail. Do you not take this as denoting "responsibility" LOL?

Look at this page-what does it say?

Or in your mind are the actual perpetrators of crime not "responsible" for the acts they commit??

I think I know the answer to this. The actual words you used (although they weren't in quotation marks) in the original post (with the percentages and so on) are used on a couple of white supremacist sites and other forums about race from a couple of years back. That's what Donkey Oaty is questioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I love how many mentions there are to white people, when we're talking about a crime committed by a black man that left an asian man and a hispanic man dead.

But yeah - WHITE PEOPLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I hope people start to notice without a police force the murder rate and just any terrible crime would be out of this world and the people who hate the cops so much what would they do or who would they call when they are the ones in danger of losing their lives.

Thats the ironic thing. Men like the killer in this case are celebrated as anti-heroes, whereas the cops are criticised as being the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Was always going to happen and it will get worse before it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

A lot of the problems for the black community's is young black men think its their culture to get young girls pregnant and then abandon then move on to the next one and abondan the mother again leaving the children to be raised by young girls and welfare.

Young black men in America need to pull up their trousers(to quote Barak Obama),have some responsibility for their actions,stop blaming everyone else,become role models for their kids and stop the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭SeanW

Because it's cool homie. Nodin black street gangs make up a huge percentage of modern day organised crime in America, some sources put it at 70%, outside of them you have the Russian Bratva, the remaining Mafia families and the Mex Cartels.
    That's the funny thing, SJWs like to paint crime and other things as being either the product of mental instability or, if in any kind of context, only that of poverty.

The Left would like to paint this latest black-on-blue murder as being solely about one mentally deranged individual. The only context permitted was that the killer was a victim because he was poor or something, and poor people are more likely to just randomly murder policemen, ya know, case that's what poor people do.

All of the insanity surrounding the Michael Brown case, where a thug robbed a store and tried to kill a cop, but in death was lionised as tragic victim of the racist murdering cop, and all the irresponsible anti-police rhetoric from various entities since then - seemingly - has nothing whatsoever to do with this horrific execution. Neither will the minority groups on Twitter and other forums saying "respect to the brother who shot the cops" and "can they breathe?" ever be held to account for being such hateful creatures.

Likewise the murderer in that cafe in Sydney - despite the fact that the Islamist was a supporter of IS, who had been instructed alongside all IS supporters in Australia (of which there are likely to be quite a few) was explicity operating under advice from IS to stay in Australia and commit acts of terror there. Yet we are expected to believe that the terrorist was just a lone nutjob whos murders were not symptomatic of any more serious problems.

How do we solve problems like crime, random murders etc if we do not honestly address their causes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

If you insist.

Okay, Afro-Americans have been (& rightly so) playing up the situation with slavery & all that for countless years.

They complained that they had no chances because of their colour.

So far so good.

Now, it has been proven that there's no colour bar. Obama is their leader now.
    Leader of the Free World.

To continue with the same awld yarn about 'discrimination'. Well it starts to wear thin.

Any residual White Guilt about crimes past will evaporate & the door will be closed to any future Obamas.

Just my 2 cent..

Who exactly are "they"?

The rest of the post is just crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A lot of the blacks in America have one massive chip on there shoulder reinforced by there rap music.
    Guess what no one gives a hoot, get the hell over it and get on with live without
    always playing the victim and race card.

tipptom wrote: »
    A lot of the problems for the black community's is young black men think its their culture to get young girls pregnant and then abandon then move on to the next one and abondan the mother again leaving the children to be raised by young girls and welfare.

Young black men in America need to pull up their trousers(to quote Barak Obama),have some responsibility for their actions,stop blaming everyone else,become role models for their kids and stop the cycle.

Never going to happen for the vast majority of them unless they join the army.
    Met plenty of blacks from the army in a pub i used to go to in the states, they were good craic and had a lot of respect, i guess the army teaches you that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Met plenty of blacks from the army in a pub i used to go to in the states, they were good craic and had a lot of respect, i guess the army teaches you that.

Wow, what a comment. They couldn't possibly have had any respect prior to joining the army, no?

Well, racism is alive and well on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

A lot of the blacks in America have one massive chip on there shoulder reinforced by there rap music.
    Guess what no one gives a hoot, get the hell over it and get on with live without
    always playing the victim and race card.

You can barely spell and string a sentence together.. I really don't think your in any position to understand the complexities of racial problems in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

I'm sorry but this idea that all of the problems within the African American communities are based on racism and poverty are just not borne out by research.
    If this were true then you would see similar figures in the Asian and Latino communities which you just don't.
    Some of the problems are obviously cultural, here's a study that shows that black immigrants & 2nd gen immigrants are more successful than native blacks.
    //home.uchicago.edu/~arauh/Rauh2013a.pdf

(still not able to post full links)

better education, better earnings, better employment rates, lower incarceration rates

There is a serious cultural issue here which is just not being discussed for fear of being seen as racist.
    Its all about cultural attitude to education and it most likely isn't going to be solved easily.

Putinovsky wrote: »
    You can barely spell and string a sentence together.. I really don't think your in any position to understand the complexities of racial problems in the US.

He's right though it is time to stop playing the race and victim card. They'd had positive discrimination for 60 years now, time to stop killing each other and get on with it.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but this idea that all of the problems within the African American communities are based on racism and poverty are just not borne out by research.
    If this were true then you would see similar figures in the Asian and Latino communities which you just don't.
    Some of the problems are obviously cultural, here's a study that shows that black immigrants & 2nd gen immigrants are more successful than native blacks.
    //home.uchicago.edu/~arauh/Rauh2013a.pdf

(still not able to post full links)

better education, better earnings, better employment rates, lower incarceration rates

There is a serious cultural issue here which is just not being discussed for fear of being seen as racist.
    Its all about cultural attitude to education and it most likely isn't going to be solved easily.

Black people who do well in school and try and make something of themselves are accused of 'acting white'. It's like the travelers, they need to stop blaming others and look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

You are, of course.

If you're (i.e. you are) going to call other people stupid because of their grammar or whatever, then perhaps you should sure that your (second person, possessive) grammar is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

You are, of course.

A pretty minor mishap compared to some of the absolute drivel that comes out of that poster's account.

I am merely pointing out that if the guy struggles to even put a coherent sentence together then its unsurprising he holds the simple views he does.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

A reminder that correcting peoples grammar/spelling is against the forum charter

Can we get back on topic please

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

<snip>
    In other news:

The guy who had his own iPhone stolen during the Ferguson riots (LOL) is heard here taunting the Police after the murders in New York:

PINIELLAS COUNTY, Fla. - A police officer was shot and killed early Sunday in Tarpon Springs, Fla.

The shooting occurred around 3 a.m. at an apartment complex on Grand Boulevard in Tarpon Springs, about 25 miles from Tampa. Police were originally called for a noise ordinance complaint with a suspect banging on residential doors. When police arrived, the suspect shot one of the officers and then attempted to flee in a vehicle.

Police caught up with the suspect and he is now in custody.

A news conference will be held later this morning to provide further details.

The shooting comes just a day after two New York City police officers were killed in an ambush-style shooting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/21/police-shooting-florida/20723027/

Another cop murdered in Florida. Details are sparse.

A pretty minor mishap compared to some of the absolute drivel that comes out of that poster's account.

I am merely pointing out that if the guy struggles to even put a coherent sentence together then its unsurprising he holds the simple views he does.
    Some of us might take your boneheaded leftism a little more seriously if you didn't use the name of a warmongering mass-murderer like Russia's current Commissar.

Anyone that mocks a grieving human being over their loss, or even celebrates it, is an utter knacker.

• Advertisement

So if a poster does not agree with you and your opinions you like to insult, i will leave you off because its obvious that your still in your teenage years and think you know it all.
    You have a lot to learn about life and im sure you will learn when you get a bit older.

Advertisement