Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

-=al=- wrote: »
    Can't beat a good whores bath!

I'd love to shower but I can't get up that early and I don't queue too well 😀

Rarely buy a pint at the festival usually a bottle of soft drink and tip my favourite spirit into it. It's less peeing an expense! Don't mind the odd pint for afternoon chilling though. Pretty sure Heineken owns most of those beers anyways. They own Tiger which is prob their version of a "craft beer"

Their version of a craft beer is actually Cute Hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

you'd be spoiled after the baby wipes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are there any stands selling Galway hooker and the likes?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Are there any stands selling Galway hooker and the likes?
    ah no theres none of that kind of thing, just buy someone chips and they'll come back to your tent

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Toyed with the idea of taking a shower Sunday last year, until I seen the queues!! Must have been half a mile long and wasn't moving too fast!
    Used my own alternative shower method back at the tent, which involved pouring water over a baby wipe, mixing up with soap standing in my boxers I was able to give my self a 'good oul clean'. To rince again I soaked a baby wipe, used that to take of the suds. Towel dry and boom it was pretty dam near a shower feeling!

You must have passed by at peak time of around 12?

Before 10:30 or after 1pm there's little or no queues usually for the men's and relatively short queue's for the women's.

Although there has been a big jump in capacity in the last couple of years so maybe that's a factor!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

budgemook wrote: »
    Hello. I've been to electric picnic 5 or 6 times (though not in last couple of years). Any time I've been I have never once taken a shower.

I'm a bit older now and I think I would like to shower this time! So, outside of boutique camping, what are the showering options at electric picnic?

I've become slightly addicted to festival hot tubs over the last few years of attending the Picnic and Body&Soul. A side benefit of these is showers with little or no queuing.

Go hard at it on the Friday night, get up around midday on Saturday, hot tub for 1 or 2pm, then off and running again...

The hot tub experience includes not one - but two (!!!) - showers, all for the very reasonable price of only 20-25 yoyos depending on how many people you convince to join you (in the tub, not the shower...). One before and one after the very pleasurable experience of wallowing in some warm-ish water while several other passing festival goers gawk at you (Body&Soul has a fairly private woodlands vibe for the tubs, @EP you're basically a spectator sport).

Pro tip: Bring your own togs. Whatever about the water, do you really want to wear togs that have been to more Irish music festivals than Le Galaxie's road crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Toyed with the idea of taking a shower Sunday last year, until I seen the queues!! Must have been half a mile long and wasn't moving too fast!
    Used my own alternative shower method back at the tent, which involved pouring water over a baby wipe, mixing up with soap standing in my boxers I was able to give my self a 'good oul clean'. To rince again I soaked a baby wipe, used that to take of the suds. Towel dry and boom it was pretty dam near a shower feeling!
    You must have passed by at peak time of around 12?

Before 10:30 or after 1pm there's little or no queues usually for the men's and relatively short queue's for the women's.

Although there has been a big jump in capacity in the last couple of years so maybe that's a factor!

Was just going to ask what time was that at. I'm often up early at festivals. Happy enough to get up for a shower and then head back to bed I'd say.

And if not there are the baby wipes of course! I am no stranger to the baby wipe bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Are the showers like separate cubicles or prison style group showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Don't drop the soap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just looking at Death from Above 1979 on the Lollapalooza stream, would love to see them added to the Picnic but I reckon they are probably too heavy a style of band for EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Just looking at Death from Above 1979 on the Lollapalooza stream, would love to see them added to the Picnic but I reckon they are probably too heavy a style of band for EP.

You'll see no more big additions like DFA1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dont think they are too heavy, sure they have Girl Band on the line up. Would love to see them added myself. Missed them at Glastonbury. Always miss something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You'll see no more big additions like DFA1979.

The only reason I mentioned them was that they looked like a mid afternoon or early evening act, so they could still make the line up as an evening act in the Rankins or EA or Cosby tent.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Any one know if they will show the all Ireland hurling final this year? :-( hate that they moved the dates back this year. Last year was the first year I could go and then they go and change it back to first weekend in sept

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There's and Irish speaking tent in mindfield that shows it every year.
    It's pretty small but get there early enough and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Any one know if they will show the all Ireland hurling final this year? :-( hate that they moved the dates back this year. Last year was the first year I could go and then they go and change it back to first weekend in sept

See post above re Mindfield, but I usually just walk into Stradbally and watch it in a pub, always good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

See post above re Mindfield, but I usually just walk into Stradbally and watch it in a pub, always good craic.

Ok thanks! I'll be torn if tipp are in it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Just got two family camping tickets today, 650 for two, hole is fairly tender after that D:

jesus ****ing christ 650 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

I know, they were originally bought for 150... sicken the hole off ya :/

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

Casa Bacardi arena line up with no real headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

budgemook wrote: »
    Was just going to ask what time was that at. I'm often up early at festivals. Happy enough to get up for a shower and then head back to bed I'd say.

And if not there are the baby wipes of course! I am no stranger to the baby wipe bath.

Baby wipes are grand alright, but don't leave a fresh feeling! Personally I hate the generic scent they all seem to have. If you rince them out with water, use one lathered with plenty of soap! Boom that fresh magic shower feeling!! (Almost!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

if the current weather keeps up, every one will be showered, 3 or 4 times per hour whilst being blown about the shop like a rag doll on a string in a tornado simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I think this years lineup definitely trumps last years. Blur & FaTM are super headliners to start with.

Some real gems that many won't be queuing for like Alvvays, Viet Cong, Parquet Courts and Circa Waves.

I couldn't start with the rest, so much quality. So many bound to clash :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Are you allowed to bring a few cans to the hot tubs*?

*to drink while in the hot tub, not outside perving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

stevire wrote: »

No, but if ya sneek in a hip flask of something no one will care. They give drinks or juice or cordial to keep ya hydrated and ive topped it up with booze plenty times. Of course you've to try get the booze into the main arena anyway.

Trying to smoke a joint in a hot tub is tricky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

stevire wrote: »

You really would not want to perve, by sunday it looks like tramp stew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Any idea when they are announcing the day line ups? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I know, they were originally bought for 150... sicken the hole off ya :/

Supporting people who charge that sort of markup by paying their prices will ensure it continues to happen.

Advertisement