Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can people with a normal camping ticket pay the 60 quid extra for a VIP wristband?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

I stand corrected. VIP passes are included in boutique this year. I see that on their sites now. I think all those options are sold out at this stage.

Whenever I used the boutique it was a case of turn up and ask for the VIP and some years it was included, some years not. It was down to EP organisers as to whether VIP was included and it was hit and miss.

Think VIP was always included with boutique. Stayed in Podpads 2012 - VIP included, Festihuts 2013 and 2014 - VIP included. Not that it's anything to get too excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

looks like theyre €324.50. Hopes dashed for me anyway, not even gonna attempt at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Got a text to say last 50 EP VIP tickets go on sale on Friday

Anyone know

How much are they?

What makes them VIP?

From three plus by the way

Electric Picnic is the sold out event of the summer, and guess what? Three have have the last 50 VIP tickets available for sale exclusively to 3Plus customers. Weekend VIP tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am,with 3Plus. For your code text EP to 51020

As well as access to the VIP campsite, your weekend ticket will also give you access to the Electric Picnic VIP area, with eclectic food options, a full bar and posh loos.

3Plus customers can look forward to having fast track charging at our 3Plus charging stations, and access to the very cool, Maser-inspired 3Penthouse. With a garden, kitchen, living room, garage and balcony, 3Penthouse will host events like yoga, DJ sets and more to be announced, all through 3Plus. Stay tuned to facebook.ie/3Ireland or @threeireland for the latest news.

Beans_On wrote: »
    Electric Picnic is the sold out event of the summer, and guess what? Three have have the last 50 VIP tickets available for sale exclusively to 3Plus customers. Weekend VIP tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am,with 3Plus. For your code text EP to 51020

As well as access to the VIP campsite, your weekend ticket will also give you access to the Electric Picnic VIP area, with eclectic food options, a full bar and posh loos.

3Plus customers can look forward to having fast track charging at our 3Plus charging stations, and access to the very cool, Maser-inspired 3Penthouse. With a garden, kitchen, living room, garage and balcony, 3Penthouse will host events like yoga, DJ sets and more to be announced, all through 3Plus. Stay tuned to facebook.ie/3Ireland or @threeireland for the latest news.

yep and the answer to the price question - as a loyal three customer you get to pay€100 extra for the same benefits Pink moon customers can buy for €60?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dublinjen wrote: »
    yep and the answer to the price question - as a loyal three customer you get to pay€100 extra for the same benefits Pink moon customers can buy for €60?
    probably works out much better as you're not paying €260 for a 2man tent or whatever the other ridiculous prices for Pink Moon are.

probably works out much better as you're not paying €260 for a 2man tent or whatever the other ridiculous prices for Pink Moon are.

they dont seem to be on sale anyway from what I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Homestore and more selling the camping chairs for €5. Wife got two last night

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

is the 3 VIP area the same as the Guest area from previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Eclectic food options....there's a wood oven pizza stand. That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

yeah the best food places will not be hidden away in some low footfall area anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is there any chance some of those acts from Indiependence will be added? Would love to see All Tvvins and Fight Like Apes

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I see OV have released a few names. Hopefully EIY gets a show in the Main Arena.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Other Voices are returning to the Stradbally woods this September and they have just revealed the first snippets of their line-up: announced so far are The Staves, East India Youth, Stornoway, Heartless Bastards, Cristobal & The Sea, Ala.ni, Gavin James and Ham Sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

everlast75 wrote: »
    Is there any chance some of those acts from Indiependence will be added? Would love to see All Tvvins and Fight Like Apes

Hoping to see both of these added in the final announcement too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

An amusing article from the Guardian about festival horror stories.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/30/naked-almost-dead-festival-horror-stories

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

I just had a little look at the 2fm/Oxjam play the picnic competition. Some of these guys aren't bed, El Grey are actually pretty alright. But Just Mikey really kill it. I hope they get to the bigger stage or play some Dublin gigs soon. Loving this song:

Lollapalooza in the US streaming live for the weekend.
    Glass Animals on at the moment.

http://www.lollapaloozade.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Lollapalooza in the US streaming live for the weekend.
    Glass Animals on at the moment.

http://www.lollapaloozade.com/en/

Missed them twice last year only realised on the Monday morning :mad:

Was anyone watching the Hot Chip set from Lollapalooza, they done a cover of Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark and went into what sounded like LCD Soundsystem's All my Friends at the end of their set, really nice stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 donCORK

it's been about 4/5 years since I've been but is it still only beer served in the main arena?

donCORK wrote: »
    it's been about 4/5 years since I've been but is it still only beer served in the main arena?

There is a few range of lagers, Heneiken, Coors, Paulener and I think Becks too, there will be Pimms probably, Prosecco and a few wine bars too. Apparently Orchard Thief is going to be there this year with cider too, there is the Bacardi bar and I think Red Bull has a bar where you can get Vodka too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There is a few range of lagers, Heneiken, Coors, Paulener and I think Becks too, there will be Pimms probably, Prosecco and a few wine bars too. Apparently Orchard Thief is going to be there this year with cider too, there is the Bacardi bar and I think Red Bull has a bar where you can get Vodka too

I assume the "craft" beer bar will be back too this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

parabol wrote: »
    I just had a little look at the 2fm/Oxjam play the picnic competition. Some of these guys aren't bed, El Grey are actually pretty alright. But Just Mikey really kill it. I hope they get to the bigger stage or play some Dublin gigs soon. Loving this song:

Check out Aine Cahill at the Oxjam stage as well, little girl with a big, big voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hello. I've been to electric picnic 5 or 6 times (though not in last couple of years). Any time I've been I have never once taken a shower.

I'm a bit older now and I think I would like to shower this time! So, outside of boutique camping, what are the showering options at electric picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hello. The showers are usually located in the Hendrix campsite just opposite the entrance the arena. They've been excellent the the last few years.

About 20 individual showerheads separated by canvas dividers, warm water, little or no queues and they're free. I think they shut up shop at around 2pm each day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Who doesn't love 6 euro pints of Heineken :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    Who doesn't love 6 euro pints of Heineken :pac:

Some of the other beers where €6.50 last year! I really can't stand Heineken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hello. The showers are usually located in the Hendrix campsite just opposite the entrance the arena. They've been excellent the the last few years.

About 20 individual showerheads separated by canvas dividers, warm water, little or no queues and they're free. I think they shut up shop at around 2pm each day though.

Toyed with the idea of taking a shower Sunday last year, until I seen the queues!! Must have been half a mile long and wasn't moving too fast!
    Used my own alternative shower method back at the tent, which involved pouring water over a baby wipe, mixing up with soap standing in my boxers I was able to give my self a 'good oul clean'. To rince again I soaked a baby wipe, used that to take of the suds. Towel dry and boom it was pretty dam near a shower feeling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't beat a good whores bath!

I'd love to shower but I can't get up that early and I don't queue too well 😀

Rarely buy a pint at the festival usually a bottle of soft drink and tip my favourite spirit into it. It's less peeing an expense! Don't mind the odd pint for afternoon chilling though. Pretty sure Heineken owns most of those beers anyways. They own Tiger which is prob their version of a "craft beer"

Advertisement