Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The funniest chat up line I think I've heard is "Wanna go halves on a baby?" :pac:

The one I got last weekend didn't quite float my boat (even if I was single); "You have curly hair, I love curly hair....my ex has curly hair" :rolleyes:

So sunny today, and here I am inside on the laptop... :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

EmilyO wrote: »
    The funniest chat up line I think I've heard is "Wanna go halves on a baby?" :pac:

The one I got last weekend didn't quite float my boat (even if I was single); "You have curly hair, I love curly hair....my ex has curly hair" :rolleyes:

So sunny today, and here I am inside on the laptop... :(

I actually got "how's your fanny for a lodger". I kid you not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I got accepted to do a computer course starting in two weeks :D

They will pay for my childcare for afterschool for my daughter :D

The creche she went to as a toddler, and who were very good to her, will take her for said afterschool :D

I was chatting to my solicitor and my seperation should be finally sorted out by the end of May after 2 and a half years of crap :D

Mr. Boyfriend is coming down to my house with his son for the weekend :D

I is happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »
    I actually got "how's your fanny for a lodger". I kid you not :rolleyes:

classy dude

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Morning all!!
    Happy belated birthday Maple :)

Wheeee I'm in a super happy mood today (aside from the whole bed ridden still can't eat solids thing)
    The OH came over last night, made me a super soft dinner that was actually amazing and didn't taste like baby food, we talked all night, me brought me breakfast in bed and turned my sofa into a fort before he left this morning.
    Now playing xbox in my no boys allowed fort.
    fort fort fort.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

HIM asked me at lunch today if I "ride".

The topic of conversation was horse training. Still had to take a long pause before answering.

Das Kitty wrote: »

The topic of conversation was horse training. Still had to take a long pause before answering.
    Like the clappers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just back from limerick, hit debenhams for my holiday gear.....they have some really nice stuff.

Got a new tankini, im half tempted to buy the bikini top but im not sure... if it had under wire i would have got it .....

Got a couple of pairs of shorts and a size 10 dress :eek: i bought a size 10 :) tried size 10 cut off's too, they fit fine but were itchy :(

Tucking into crumpets and toast, my breakfast/lunch....

Im felling really good about my body today :)

• Advertisement

Do you RIDE ???

When i ride i go for a trek do a few jumps and riding fast in the field, get the feel the wind in my hair, tis great fun...

Acoshla wrote: »
    You lucky thing! I just spent a few days down there, got fab weather they day we went around Dingle/Slea Head Drive, the odd shower but we timed getting back in the car perfectly each time. It revives my soul to spend time walking on the beaches there, miss it so much :(

Our base is kenmare and we will travel around, do dingle and killarney, muckross abbey and so on. My husband spent the week there last year while i was in lanzarote, he did all the scenic areas... They had fantastic weather.

My daughter will be in an adventure centre for that week up in connemara, going rock climbing, canoeing and so on, so said we might aswell have a break too...

The last time i was in kerry i was pregnant with my 2nd child, that was 7 years ago :eek:

Do you RIDE ???

When i ride i go for a trek do a few jumps and riding fast in the field, get the feel the wind in my hair, tis great fun...

Jaysus, kinky!

I don't horseride anymore, but HIM said he'd like to be able to ride a horse to work. He's like something out of a Mills and Boon novel.

Jaysus, kinky!

I don't horseride anymore, but HIM said he'd like to be able to ride a horse to work. He's like something out of a Mills and Boon novel.

Ride a horse to work? WTF? Do you work on a ranch in the wild wild west?

Ride a horse to work? WTF? Do you work on a ranch in the wild wild west?

No a factory, but we have a few grazing fields outside. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

job went today and my foot only in the door into it and I worked my ass off with working un godly hours for the business and at the moment my best friend is drifting from me. not the best of months right now. but onwards and upwards hopefully :(

No a factory, but we have a few grazing fields outside. :pac:

I dont think i like him anymore, he seems a bit daft?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Now you're crushing her dreams :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

job went today and my foot only in the door into it and I worked my ass off with working un godly hours for the business and at the moment my best friend is drifting from me. not the best of months right now. but onwards and upwards hopefully :(

That is miserable. I hope things turn around for you soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

jujibee wrote: »
    That is miserable. I hope things turn around for you soon. :(

thanks jujibee, pretty shook up. But hopefully there's a ray of sunshine waiting somewhere for me. :):)

• Advertisement

Jaysus, kinky!

Its been years since i read one of those, he sounds like one of the guys in a catherine cookson book, sounds like he was born in the wrong centry!

Prehaps he should just stick to riding a bike to work!

thanks jujibee, pretty shook up. But hopefully there's a ray of sunshine waiting somewhere for me. :):)

Every cloud has a silver lining, i havent found one yet that didnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I was looking for a childhood photograph to frame for my cousin's 18th. I found hundreds of others too. It was actually really nice to look through them all. :)

(I got the idea to give her an old photo from watching That 70s Show. :cool:)

He was joking I think. Unless he really meant that he thought you could lock a horse with a fob key...

I was looking for a childhood photograph to frame for my cousin's 18th. I found hundreds of others too. It was actually really nice to look through them all. :)

(I got the idea to give her an old photo from watching That 70s Show. :cool:)

I love looking at old photos, ive told my brothers when my mom dies i get all the photos you can have anything you want, But i get the photos...

Ive already nicked a bunch of them, every time i goto the uk i get them out to show my kids (and i nick the ones i really like)...

I have over 6000 digital photos and 3000 paper photos of my kids over the last 12 years....

I have photos of relatives i havent even met, my great uncle died in france during WW II 19 days after D-Day, I got it scaned and gave a copy to my daughter for her WWII school project.

I love looking through photos :)

He was joking I think. Unless he really meant that he thought you could lock a horse with a fob key...

So maybe he did mean are ya riding? :P

Where's our sneaky pic btw? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

EmilyO wrote: »

He sounds like a serial killer. A creepy creepy killer.
    I got the idea to give her an old photo from watching That 70s Show. :cool:

I think That 70s show is a perfectly acceptable place to get all examples for how to live. :D

~~~

Ireland is kind of weird sometimes. It looks like some 20 year old with a newly conferred degree in business studies is actually in a better decision to decide what sort of medical treatment a family member is entitled to instead of any doctor, nurse, physiotherapist or etc. That strikes me as a bit wrong really. Especially as they definitely have as much knowledge of healthcare as someone who has very clearly NEVER studied it. :mad:

No no no Kiera, just think of the daftness as more of a challenge.

Also, it might make him less easy to shock. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I think That 70s show is a perfectly acceptable place to get all examples for how to live. :D

~~~

Ireland is kind of weird sometimes. It looks like some 20 year old with a newly conferred degree in business studies is actually in a better decision to decide what sort of medical treatment a family member is entitled to instead of any doctor, nurse, physiotherapist or etc. That strikes me as a bit wrong really. Especially as they definitely have as much knowledge of healthcare as someone who has very clearly NEVER studied it. :mad:

I entirely agree about That 70s Show. :)

Regarding Ireland, that is absolute madness. :mad:/:(/:eek:

EDIT: I like emoticons. :D

• Advertisement

I like emoticons. :D

I've just had the best idea!

We start a thread with just emoticons in the first post, all arranged differently by spacing. And then move them around from post to post so that if you load a lot of posts in the same page and scroll really fast, it looks like they're dancing.

It shall be called the emoticon ballet! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement