Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular wrestling opinions

Options
  • 17-06-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

This might be a good idea for a thread, shamelessly robbed from another forum I came across. I'll start

- I like Ryback and think he'd be fantastic pushed higher up the card or with a decent feud behind him.
    - I don't mind in-ring Cena a whole lot and when he's being serious in promos, otherwise he's painful to watch.
    - Since that period last year, Punk has been frightfully boring on the mic and has been very overrated.
    - WWE has a very decent roster that's just being massively underused.
    - Dean Ambrose will be cool for a few weeks (if he debuts) but won't change anything in the grand scheme of things.
    - Zack Ryder's gimmick got old long before he was de-pushed.
    - Michael Cole is excellent when he's seriously commentating, heel Cole is tragic and even though he's a good cheap heat magnet needs to be rid of. Booker-T is funny, I have time for him.

Feel free to add your own. No need to bring someone up on an opinion you disagree with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Saveus.222

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    This might be a good idea for a thread, shamelessly robbed from another forum I came across. I'll start

- WWE has a very decent roster that's just being massively underused.
    - Dean Ambrose will be cool for a few weeks (if he debuts) but won't change anything in the grand scheme of things.
    - Zack Ryder's gimmick got old long before he was de-pushed.

Agreed, also

- Would hate to see a WWE return for Matt Morgan or Batista

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I prefer watching big powerhouse brawlers to small technical wrestlers. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wow this is a great thread for a Joe Brolly type poster like me where the glass is always half empty.
    I think Matt Morgan is boring and whenever he speaks i'm dead behind the eyes.
    Robbie E is FAR better than Zack Ryder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

For me,

1, John Cena is not a crap wrestler. A person can say they dont like him or think he is 'crap' in the entertaining sense (aka they dont like to watch him). But all to often you see people calling his ability crap and quite frankly they know nothing. If you were to mention the selling, bumping, feeding (etc) skills of Cena it would go past their heads.

2, I honestly think wrestling is crap these days. I miss the late 90s :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

TNA is better than WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

2, I honestly think wrestling is crap these days. I miss the late 90s :(

Probably not such an unpopular opinion. :D

Charisteas wrote: »
    TNA is better than WWE.

At the minute its a better watch anyway.
    I think if the 3 hour Raw lasts till the end of the year wwe will lose even more of its viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The vast majority of the original ECW was awful. WWECW was far better and for a time was WWEs best show.

John Cena is a fantastic wrestler, just his gimmick is stale.

Batista was also far better than most people thought and his final heel run was sublime.

Kurt Angle is massively overrated.

Hulk Still Rules ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Christian is over-rated. Good wrestler but jaysus people talk about him as if he's the best thing since Slice Bread #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

-Zack Ryder is Really Overrated
    -I don't mind Cena (Until he plays to his 5yr old Fan base)
    -Vickie Guerrero Is Awesome!
    -Punk's Promos are Getting boring
    -Dolph Ziggler Or Wade Barret should be the face of the WWE
    -Hulk Hogan's TNA Promos are cringe worthy
    -Brodus Clay is ridiculous
    -Too many un used tag-teams
    -Randy Savage should have been inducted into the HOF before Edge
    -The Divas/Knockouts Are Useless! Only A.J is useful
    That is all...I think

• Advertisement

Bully Ray has the best gimmick in wrestling and his storyline with Joseph Park is the best and most entertaining this year.
    I'd also say Kaitlyn is the second hottest diva only behind AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Some more -

- Dolph isn't anything special in the ring (bar his selling) but I think he'll be very entertaining if/when he's pushed into the main event scene.
    - I love some of his lines, but I'm glad Miz is no longer anywhere near the top.
    - Sin Cara is fantastic but his complete lack of promo ability will hold him back from doing anything significant storyline wise.
    - I loved Batista and hope he returns in a similar heel role to the one before he left.
    - Sheamus is terrific and will deliver as one of WWE's top guys. His mic work is a bit sloppy though.
    Charisteas wrote: »
    TNA is better than WWE.

In terms of sitting down and being thoroughly entertained by a show, TNA is currently creaming WWE. I haven't enjoyed a Raw in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    I think if the 3 hour Raw lasts till the end of the year wwe will lose even more of its viewers.

But will those fans turn to (or continue to watch) TNA, or will they give up on wrestling altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

- I think Heath Slater is talented and deserves better.

- CM Punk is a bland babyface.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Big Johnny is more entertaining than John Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

Kane deserves to hold the WWE title. If only they gave him a decent story (like when he locked paul bearer in the freezer. That was brilliant.)

CM Punk is becoming a huge hypocrite.

Ryback squash matches are great fun to watch.

Randy Orton is pretty terrible. Things are much nicer since he's been suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

For unpopular, I'm agreeing with a lot of these :o

Random ones for me:

- Jeff Jarrett is a huge asset, so long as he isn't holding the title (which in fairness, it has been a long time since his last reign).
    - Ryback sucks.
    - Brodus Clay's gimmick is horrible, but he's a decent enough wrestler.
    - WWE's recent tag team division, is still horrible. None of the teams there are really worth anything.
    - CM Punk went downhill fast and needs a break from the main event scene.
    - Michael Cole is fine when he is in commentator mode. It's when he slips into heel or comedy mode that he sucks.
    - Booker T is the worst commentator in quite some time.
    - Justin Roberts is awful.
    - Zach Ryder is only popular because he makes a fool of himself on YouTube.
    - Jeff Hardy isn't that bad. His promos suck, but when it comes to wrestling he is still quite good.
    - Crimson is pretty good, but debuted way too soon. He wasn't ready for that push.
    - Nigel McGuinness isn't that good of a commentator. He's fine for giving insight, but ROH have him calling matches which he sucks at.
    - The ROH roster gets weaker and weaker as the months go by, and it isn't all down to WWE stealing guys.
    - I hope we never see Mick Foley in the ring again, not even for a promo.
    - I hope we don't see Steve Austin wrestle again either. He was going downhill fast when he retired, imagine how bad he would be after such a long break.
    - I like Kevin Nash, provided he isn't involved in a title picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

- Jim Cornette overseeing ROH has been one of the worse things to happen to the company I once adored. High quality matches now only seem to occur because of a very few handful of guys, and...

- Davey Richards isn't one of them. Edwards had a much better title reign and since he went single Davey has become a no selling bland wrestler. Edwards and Daveys last title match took the piss out of wrestling.

- TNA right now is better than WWE

- I still think Punk is great in his current role

- Christian isn't a main event wrestler

- I think WWE has done a great job with booking Brock so far and dont believe there are any real problems between Vince and himself.

- Batista was the biggest loss to the WWE since Angle. And when he left he was one of the best workers in any American company.

- Regal should have been main eventing and held the big one after King of the Ring.

-Sheamus doesn't entertain me that much and I find myself only cheering because he is Irish.

-Jeff Jerrett was one of the best things about WCW and TNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i really like Ryback and hope he gets a shot at the world title before the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I prefer Curt Hawkins to Zak Ryder at this stage.

Heath Slater has potential, I'd like to see him and Husky Harris given something together.

Not a fan of Taker at all.

The Divas division should be scrapped. God awful matches on a weekly basis that nobody cares about. On the other hand TNA takes womans wrestling seriously and its quite fun to watch.

I'm one of the few people who love Booker on commentary. Cole isn't bad either, Lawler and Josh Matthews annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Owen Hart is over rated by fans, and doesn't belong in the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Vicky Guererro is great!

I'm very much enjoying Ryback's old school squashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

* John Cena is not a bad wrestler. he's put on great matches with CM Punk, The Rock and Rey Mysterio. His only problem is that he's stale
    * Sheamus was a lousy heel and brought nothing to the table in that role, to me he didn't become interesting until he turned face and he's much more natural in that role
    * Beth Phoenix and Natalya are not the only Divas that can wrestle. all of them, bar Rosa, can work a good match. they just lack time and investment by the creative team
    * Brodus Clay's Funkasaurus gimmick was a million times better than becoming generic monster heel #47
    * while Andy Leavine shouldn't have won Tough Enough, there's no way Luke Robinson should have won either. he had talent but he was hugely full of himself and very difficult to work with. the winner should have been either Martin Casaus, Matt Cross or AJ Kirsch
    * Stone Cold was overpushed even more than John Cena is nowadays
    * Santino is not a bad wrestler and is actually pretty talented, he just chooses to be a comedy character instead. and since he's massively over it was obviously the right decision
    * Vickie Guerrero is one of the best managers and heels in WWE and looks very good for her age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

* Stone Cold was overpushed even more than John Cena is nowadays
    Undoubtedly, however he was injured half the time, had to retire after about five years on top. Cena has been rarely injured and is now in his eight year on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• I like Ryback and think he is talented.
    • I agree that Heath Slater should be given a better run of it.
    • Zack Ryder is annoying and cringeworthy when he talks.
    • Cm Punk has become boring.
    • Sheamus bores me as a face.
    • WWE and World Title mean absolutely nothing.
    • Batista sucked and I'm glad he's gone.
    • Hulk Hogan rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Vickie Guerrero is a future hall of famer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    For unpopular, I'm agreeing with a lot of these :o

Random ones for me:

- Jeff Jarrett is a huge asset, so long as he isn't holding the title (which in fairness, it has been a long time since his last reign).
    - Ryback sucks.
    - Brodus Clay's gimmick is horrible, but he's a decent enough wrestler.
    - WWE's recent tag team division, is still horrible. None of the teams there are really worth anything.

I'd rather the comedy thing than the same old big heel who steamrolls throughs jobbers though, he does that but is over instead of being Mark Henry or any number of bland big man heels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

- Every WWE babyface is boring as soon as a Microphone is put into his hand. The Faces that used to be cool are doing the job of a good employee, what WWE wants, they do.

- Michael Cole is a brilliant commentator

- Hornswoggle is awesome. Better than Miz anyway.

-Mark Henry was the best (pushed) Heel WWE had in the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I'd give Vickie a lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Matt Morgan should be rehired by WWE and pushed to the stars
    Mr Anderson is better than Stone Cold.
    Kelly Kelly isn't sexy
    Kofi Kingston is extremely overrated.
    Randy Orton is much better as a heel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Kelly Kelly isn't sexy

Yeah look at her, she's just hideous.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/wwe/images/21731738/title/kelly-kelly-photo?ir=true

You'd be on your knees and hands begging for it. Fact.

Advertisement