Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've started getting wedding nightmares already! Lol I feel like this is happening a bit soon, I can't take another 408 sleeps of this :P
    Last night I dreamt I didn't book someone to do my hair/makeup, the night before I dreamt that we told people the wrong time and when they turned up I was just wearing a dressing gown over my dress around the house. All very silly, but stupidly stressful dreams :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I haven't stressed once about the actual wedding. Maybe its because I work in the industry and see weddings go well all the time. I'm stressing about the budget and my weight but I think I've got a plan together for that now. It's only because we upped our honeymoon so have a bit of extra cost but it's doable

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭miss.lost

Havnt had the chance to read this whole thread , was following it religiously!! Any other brides around the week of 17/18/19th March? 6 and a half months away now and Would love to know how much you have planned/Havnt got around to yet etc!!! I am in total shock at how quickly time is passing....!! Everybody tells you "time will fly by" but I didn't realise it would fly like a blinking jet plane!!!!! :/

miss.lost wrote: »
    Havnt had the chance to read this whole thread , was following it religiously!! Any other brides around the week of 17/18/19th March? 6 and a half months away now and Would love to know how much you have planned/Havnt got around to yet etc!!! I am in total shock at how quickly time is passing....!! Everybody tells you "time will fly by" but I didn't realise it would fly like a blinking jet plane!!!!! :/

PM me and I'll fill you in, am just before that :)

Anyone going to this? http://onefabday.com/ie/welcome-to-the-glitter-studio/

It looks really interesting, I just bought a ticket. could be good for inspiration as I've a lot bought already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

miss.lost wrote: »

I'm the week before you have most of the big stuff done church, venue, band, dress, photographer, entertainment, marriage course, suits, bridesmaid dresses, honeymoon booked, picked our rings last weekend still have transport to sort, a lot of diy to do and about two stone to loose so that ticking clock is definitely getting louder!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Anyone going to this? http://onefabday.com/ie/welcome-to-the-glitter-studio/

It looks really interesting, I just bought a ticket. could be good for inspiration as I've a lot bought already.

yes, I have nothing bought at all so hoping for lots of inspiration! Our venue has a fairly strong colour scheme already (it's more a restaurant) so limited enough in ways, so it's details I am hoping to spot. Sure for the ticket price hard to go too wrong I suppose

lainey316 wrote: »
    yes, I have nothing bought at all so hoping for lots of inspiration! Our venue has a fairly strong colour scheme already (it's more a restaurant) so limited enough in ways, so it's details I am hoping to spot. Sure for the ticket price hard to go too wrong I suppose

I reckon it'll be my last 'outing' as a bride as there'll be no time after Christmas so I'm looking forward to it. I still haven't decided on flowers or cakes so ideas would be great. I keep changing my mind a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

One more thing ticked out the list - Florist booked. I'm really happy with her. She is a lovely lady and showed me loads of photos of her previous work so was able to tell me what worked and didnt work at our venues.. Which is always a help!

That One Fab Day event sounds really nice..Wish I was free to go :( Was going to go to the wedding & honeymoon show this weekend but don't see it happening now. Maybe I wont be missing out on anything though? That's what I'm telling myself anyways....!!

Is anybody getting favours for their guests? If so what? I'm trying to think of ones to place on everyone's table setting. What did ye think of the Tayto & Bread sambo favours in Athlone at the weekend!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

That One Fab Day event sounds really nice..Wish I was free to go :( Was going to go to the wedding & honeymoon show this weekend but don't see it happening now. Maybe I wont be missing out on anything though? That's what I'm telling myself anyways....!!

Is anybody getting favours for their guests? If so what? I'm trying to think of ones to place on everyone's table setting. What did ye think of the Tayto & Bread sambo favours in Athlone at the weekend!!??

Would love to go too, but I'll be way too pregnant to enjoy it :(

A good friend is making little candles in the shape of a three-tier wedding cake in our colour theme and we are putting them in coloured net bags with a few sweets from a Roses/Quality Street tin ;)

• Advertisement

I'm thinking popcorn as favours as people will eat it later. Was thinking that and crisps. The venue will hate me with all the mess

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Macphaid

emzibob wrote: »
    I'm the week before you have most of the big stuff done church, venue, band, dress, photographer, entertainment, marriage course, suits, bridesmaid dresses, honeymoon booked, picked our rings last weekend still have transport to sort, a lot of diy to do and about two stone to loose so that ticking clock is definitely getting louder!

Hi Emzibob, can you tell me what you have to do to do the marriage course. I'm planning from abroad and it's been tricky. I have a family priest who will marry us in a church but I"m he is wondering why I want to 'recreate' a blessing when there are churches in the locality...and our heart is set on the venue we are getting married in as it has the most beautiful ceremony room. If he marries us legally a few days before the wedding hopefully I'll swing him to do a blessing. (my sister did this in Italy, but hers was diff because church have such restrictions). How long does marriage course take and where do you do it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 halfinch124

Hi Emzibob. Im planning mine from abroad too. It def has its pros and cons. In my locality there is marriage courses run by a local NGO. It only runs on certain dates of the year. Im in Australia though, where abouts are you planning from?

Just under a year left, cant believe how fast the year is going. Have most things done just need to sort the invites. Bridesmaid dresses are proving a bit tricky as both are very different body shape and styles but Ive sent them to a dressmaker this week so fingers crossed it gets done. Its all getting very real now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi Emzibob. Im planning mine from abroad too. It def has its pros and cons. In my locality there is marriage courses run by a local NGO. It only runs on certain dates of the year. Im in Australia though, where abouts are you planning from?

Just under a year left, cant believe how fast the year is going. Have most things done just need to sort the invites. Bridesmaid dresses are proving a bit tricky as both are very different body shape and styles but Ive sent them to a dressmaker this week so fingers crossed it gets done. Its all getting very real now.

Hello friend !! :) nice to see you here !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Hi Girls!
    I'm not abroad so not 100% how it works with doing courses before you get here, but I did mine in dublin with avalon they have a website you can just book into a one day course, if you're going to be in the country before you wed maybe? they take place in a large number of venues all around the country or their is a two day course available from accord but they book up very fast as priests seem to prefer them and we couldn't get a course before November but you might get lucky! Our priest wanted ours done before we meet in November to complete the pre nuptial inquiry forms so we got it done early to get it out of the way but we actually enjoyed it. :)

I have a question! We are having a string trio play the music for our ceremony along with a soprano and for an 1.5 hours for the drinks reception I have arranged for the string trio minus singer to play but not I am thinking that the music might be a bit too formal for the drinks reception?? Is it!?? Should I cancel them for the reception and change to a more upbeat choice to get the party started? haha. Advice please!

Ms. Sunshine have you talked to them about it to see if they can do something more upbeat - some can do. We're having the same group for both but know they are more jazzy anyway than a traditional classical trio

lainey316 wrote: »
    Ms. Sunshine have you talked to them about it to see if they can do something more upbeat - some can do. We're having the same group for both but know they are more jazzy anyway than a traditional classical trio

I didn't discuss it with them yet as I have only starting thinking about it! On their website they have a 'pop music' section so they obviously can play more upbeat songs but the list for 'classical music is longer!!

I didn't discuss it with them yet as I have only starting thinking about it! On their website they have a 'pop music' section so they obviously can play more upbeat songs but the list for 'classical music is longer!!

When we spoke to our guy he said the singer is the hard part - they need to practise particular songs - but the musicians can play off sheet music if necessary. Most groups seem to have more than their list as well - sure give them a call, put your mind at ease :) YOu don't have to mention you are thinking of changing them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I have a question! We are having a string trio play the music for our ceremony along with a soprano and for an 1.5 hours for the drinks reception I have arranged for the string trio minus singer to play but not I am thinking that the music might be a bit too formal for the drinks reception?? Is it!?? Should I cancel them for the reception and change to a more upbeat choice to get the party started? haha. Advice please!

Depends on your venue or what kind of vibe you are going for at your wedding. I had a string quartet do my drinks reception. Venue was an old country house and the string quartet added the touch of class I was looking for. I wouldn't be worried about getting the party started at that early stage....the dinner is yet to come!

• Advertisement

Just remembered black Friday. It's in November. I'm going to have research done into the little bits I want to buy and be ready to go that day for the huge discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me joining in!

Set the date for October 2015, and got the church, venue, and band booked so far. Just looking into videographers now, can't get over the price of them.... most of the ones I've looked at are €2000++! Here was me thinking that €1000 was a really generous budget for a videographer. I really wish companies would advertise their prices on their websites, instead of having to contact each one individually for prices.

Good call westernlass about black Friday, time to get researching! What are you thinking of getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

LEH wrote: »

Set the date for October 2015, and got the church, venue, and band booked so far. Just looking into videographers now, can't get over the price of them.... most of the ones I've looked at are €2000++! Here was me thinking that €1000 was a really generous budget for a videographer. I really wish companies would advertise their prices on their websites, instead of having to contact each one individually for prices.

Good call westernlass about black Friday, time to get researching! What are you thinking of getting?

Is €2000 for videography alone or does that include photographer too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

The one we are going with in Monaghan has a top price of 1k for two videographers!

I'm paying 1.6k for a videographer

I was thinking shoes, accessories, presents,arts and crafts bits for black Friday. Maybe outfits to have around the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

We're paying 1500 for our videographer, he does a couple difference packages, think one is 1200. http://irishweddingvideo.com/theatre/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone getting married in Dublin consider using the women on Grafton st for flowers? I'm not fussy, and want whatever's in season. Getting married in April - Calla lilies, I asked Sabrina on Grafton st. and she couldn't give me exact prices. I'd like to know what to budget for - any ideas?

1 bride bouquet
    1 bridesmaid bouquet
    2 button holes
    1 floral arrangement for the church & reception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Set the date for October 2015, and got the church, venue, and band booked so far. Just looking into videographers now, can't get over the price of them.... most of the ones I've looked at are €2000++!

My videographer was 1100 and that was for a long package where he stayed til the 1st dance and he comes highly recommended. I'd shop around if I were you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

I saw a videographer on adverts for 500 I think.
    And one called eternalsunsineproductions.co.uk in down does from preparation to midnight for 880. 50 for travel. 2 hour DVD.

Advertisement