Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Time to put the money your Granny gave ya to good use:
    http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Christmas-Sale/page1.html

I got Judgement day 2002 on one of the Silvervision sales a few months back but with a bit of time over Christmas I stuck it on last night.

I don't think I had seen the PPV since 2002

Good opener from Eddie and RVD, Edge Vs Angle (Hair Vs Hair) was great, HHH Vs Jericho (HIAC) was better than I remembered but the Hogan Vs Taker main event was dire

The DVD must set a record for dubbed out music on a WWE PPV DVD though.

All of the following music was dubbed out
    nWo
    Ric Flair
    Stacy Keibler
    Edge
    The Undertaker
    Brock Lesnar

I was actually shocked when Hogans "Voodoo child" music hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm watching The Greatest Cage Matches Of All Time this afternoon. I really like the Matt Hardy vs. Edge one from Unforgiven in whatever year that was (2005?/6?). Edge vs. John Cena now for the title from one of the million or so times that they fought. There's some very good old matches on there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

nWo: The Revolution.

Wasn't really that great, lacked any kinda depth for me, would have really liked to have seen them go more into the feuds the nWo were involved in.

Just put in probably my last order to Silvervision :(

Great service from them over the years.

When do we have until to order stuff off of them? I haven't been near a bank to lodge money. Watching Saturday Morning Slam's highlights of the year here, it's a good little show.

When do we have until to order stuff off of them? I haven't been near a bank to lodge money. Watching Saturday Morning Slam's highlights of the year here, it's a good little show.

I think they'll still sell into 2013 until they clear all their stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tried to buy a dvd off them there on Christmas eve but it wouldn't register. Never used a credit card before so not sure if that was the problem.(just typing that confirmed thats the answer)

GTR63 wrote: »
    Tried to buy a dvd off them there on Christmas eve but it wouldn't register. Never used a credit card before so not sure if that was the problem.(just typing that confirmed thats the answer)

Was this the DVD

WEFLM06-front.jpg

:P

• Advertisement

No that was sold out :(
    The Ladder Match dvd, tried to get it on adverts but the sellers are slow to complete the deal.

Going to go mental on Tagged Classics tomorrow. As they probably wont be reissued.

Yeah the order I put it in was mostly tagged classics.

Still hoping that they might do a sale on all DVDs/BluRays after the new year!

The Pillman and Mr Perfect DVDs never seem to be in any sales :(

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

The new crowd said they'll look into doing something similar to Tagged Classics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I put in my first order to Silvervision last night. Nearly tempted to splash out on a few more DVDs that I'll never have the time to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/fremantlemedia-wwe-license-silvervision-tna/32585/
    Clear Vision Ltd, the previous licensee for WWE DVDs in Europe, will have a future with TNA Impact Wrestling. Power Slam and FSM magazines confirm that Queensway Digital (Clear Vision’s parent company) have reached an agreement for the TNA license.

Our sources tell us that this is legit and the deal is done. However, legally, the company cannot sell TNA DVDs and WWE DVDs under the same label name (currently Silver Vision). The Silver Vision entity has until around June to sell off their WWE stock, and as such they are unlikely to officially announce the new TNA deal until this time. The TNA DVDs will be released in PAL format (as opposed to NTSC as they have been previously in the UK) which will mean they will be of better quality, not suffering from frame rate issues. Reportedly, all PPVs will be released and any specials that may be produced too.

This is seen as a major coup for TNA since Clear Vision Ltd have good connections with high street and online retailers in the UK. For now we hear this is a UK only deal but with the potential for European expansion, especially since TNA is no longer on German TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Watched the Attitude Era doc and it was pretty awful. Lack of depth and disjointed. All over the place really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed. It's only redeeming feature is getting some sweet Attitude Era content in high quality unblurred. Like the Black Wedding! (Taker/Steph)

The CM Punk documentary is now up on The US Netflix.

Watched The Extreme Rules 2012 Blu Ray that I got in the Silvervision Xmas sale last night.

Definitely my Favorite PPV from last year.

Have been watching WrestleMania 27 on DVD. I didn't watch it at the time. Hall Of Fame ceremony is highly embarrassing when Shawn Michaels is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Due to the change in distributor, from Monday 21st Jan HMV are going to be running a WWE DVD & Blu Ray promotion. They are billing it as WWE Dvds from £5. I don't know how it will compare to the prices on silvervision but I thought I'd let y'all know. My 30% staff discount is about to be abused. They will be able to order the stock on consignment so the stores have been encouraged to order up!

• Advertisement

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Due to the change in distributor, from Monday 21st Jan HMV are going to be running a WWE DVD & Blu Ray promotion. They are billing it as WWE Dvds from £5. I don't know how it will compare to the prices on silvervision but I thought I'd let y'all know. My 30% staff discount is about to be abused. They will be able to order the stock on consignment so the stores have been encouraged to order up!

Will you be able to order off their website as well do you know?

Will you be able to order off their website as well do you know?

Not 100% sure but I reckon it will be online as well. I'll see if I can get any info in work tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Same in irish HMV stores?

Tinie wrote: »
    Same in irish HMV stores?

Yes

Nothing was said in the memo about online prices but I still reckon it will be the same. The only info so far is that its due to the old supplier trying to clear stock. There will be over 100 dvd titles from £5/€5.99 and over 40 blu ray titles from £7/€8.99. Prices should be downloaded to stores next thursday so if theres any amazing ones ill post them here. Hopefully all the stores get behind it and order stock but at the very least they will reprice what they have.

On another note hmv are running 25% off all back catalogue for the next 3 weeks so unledd they are sneaky and put them on chart or sale lines then there will be even more savings.

Lets pray wrestlemania 28 is on offer and in my local!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Posts deleted. Lads this isn't buy and sell. No sales/bartering etc allowed on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,630 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im really tempted to get The Last of McGuinness but I dont want to order it from America

Is there a digital copy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Got both nights of bola 2012 over Xmas and just finished them last night two great nights of wrestling not a bad thing on either pwg is so good they will miss Generico a lot but they have loads of talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Great events alright, really enjoyed the Willie Mack/Sami match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has anyone been to HMV today to see what dvds are on sale??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Has anyone been to HMV today to see what dvds are on sale??

CRAP! I forgot about it!

Thought it wasn't till next week.

So this doesn't look good

capturemhf.pngcapturemhf.png

capturemhf.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Thought it wasn't till next week.

It says Monday 21st above

Someone could still step in and buy HMV:

shane5[1].jpg

At full price it is one of the weaker match sets. The Clash were TV shows that setup WCW PPVs so there is a lot of TV finishes - cheap wins, DQs etc. For the price it is at now it is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Lads any suggestions for wwe DVDs to watch while I'm in the gym, got thru attitude era, cm punks new one royal rumble 2012 and a few random matches, have a we main events and royal rumble 2001 for this week but want a few documentary a for after them

The last Stone Cold dvd and Jericho's one have good docs. As has the Rise of ECW.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The last Stone Cold dvd and Jericho's one have good docs. As has the Rise of ECW.

Brian Pillman, Jake Roberts, Mr. Perfect are all fairly strong strong. But a tier below GTR63's picks.

Every blu ray seems to be a tenner on the silvervision site, but of course the only one I want, WM 28, has vanished off the site

Tinie wrote: »
    Every blu ray seems to be a tenner on the silvervision site, but of course the only one I want, WM 28, has vanished off the site

Thats gone completely out of stock now and they wont be getting any more in.

Thats gone completely out of stock now and they wont be getting any more in.

Uxyfa.gif

I guess its ebay and amazon for me then!

• Advertisement

9.99 was an amazing price for it. I knew it wouldn't stay in stock long.

Id love to know why they never put the Pillman, Perfect and Dusty Rhodes DVDs in their sales. The DVDs are around 6 years old but they're never put on sale.

Just checking their now does the 2 for 1 offer still work.

Yeah, I would imagine it does. There's a section where they show you what's on offer anyway.

Just got the first ladder match dvd,the best of raw and smackdown one rovert pointed out earlier and the best ppv matches of 2011 for only 17 euro delighted with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement