Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

coolhull wrote: »
    3 things to be grateful for:

1/ I can delete ''friends'' from FB

2/ I can ignore ignore ''friend'' requests

3/ I can use Google to find out WTF 'replace negatives with plosives' means

Possibly they left out the "ex" at the start. I generally find that a very effective way to deal with any problems.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Someone on my friends list liked this:
    :eek:
    /l\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

LizT wrote: »
    "Every1 seems 2 b looking 4 the perfect relationship, I'm just looking 4 the burger that looks as perfect as the poster <3"

Can't tell if piss-take....

Both of those searches have yielded little success for me. :(

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

"GAZ cnt pull birds cuz.charlotte not der get a fukn grip he so rathr do it wile she der.... Actualy cnt stand dat prick.ne more"

Gary is not able to court females because Charlotte is not present. He really needs to evaluate himself, rather than court females whilst Charlotte is there. I have great disdain for Gary now.

I think :confused: Even that hardly makes sense.

D'you know what? I actually saw that episode (the girls we know force us to watch it every week) and it actually makes sense in context.

But then again, it completely doesn't to any rational person.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you...Geordie Shore. And the ****ing idiots who comment about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People who change their facebook profile pic every five seconds in the hopes of getting comments like, "looking great hun".

You insecure mother****ers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Me: God, can I ask You a question?
    God: Sure
    Me: Promise You won't get mad
    God: I promise
    Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
    God: What do u mean?
    Me: Well, I woke up late
    God: Yes
    Me: My car took forever to start
    God: Okay
    Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
    God: Huummm
    Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
    God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
    God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one
    of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.

God: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I Love looking after My Children...

REPOST if you Believe in HIM ♥
    Worth posting.

I actually think that's rather nice! Perhaps it's just me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Yeah, it's just you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Me: (ashamed)
    The basis of Catholicism summed up in two words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's really not, its the abusive relationship of christianity summed up, I hurt you because I love you, now love me unconditionally.

anyone who loves stupid statuses look up Hope Ur Ok Hun XXX's page, its full of hilarious made up statuses that are spot on when it comes to attention seekers, this gem from from today:
    de fukin klingfilm didnt wurk n me lil princess rihanna has dem nits. she wuz ballin her eyez out 2day in skool. sum lil fuk wuz callin her creepy crawley hed. me poor lil angle is so upset. n i had 2 get a numbur 1 all over on tyrones hed n sum lil ****hed wuz callin him baldy conshuns. cuddles n curdys 4 me brave lil souljurs 2nite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But it's like someone surviving a near fatal car crash, suffering a ruptured spleen and several broken bones, and saying 'Well, I could have died. God was really looking out for me!' Well if he was really, really looking for you, he probably wouldn't have let you crash in the first place otherwise what you have is an interventionist God who only steps in after having a good skit at you fooking yourself up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But it's like someone surviving a near fatal car crash, suffering a ruptured spleen and several broken bones, and saying 'Well, I could have died. God was really looking out for me!' Well if he was really, really looking for you, he probably wouldn't have let you crash in the first place otherwise what you have is an interventionist God who only steps in after having a good skit at you fooking yourself up.

Agreed. Crashed my car a few weeks ago. People were saying I was lucky I wasn't injured.

No, if I was lucky, I wouldn't have crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Drakares wrote: »

Wouldn't you wonder how these math geniuses find time to go on FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Here is a textbook FB attention seeking post that is the basis for this thread and the 'u ok hun xxx' page. Complete with the 'hugs' responses and appalling spelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Worst ones are

OMG, you wont believe what happened next, click on the the picture and type (insert whatever here).

Low and behold 100,000's of dunces will do exactly that and then realise that NOTHING HAPPENS.

Duh.

• Advertisement

RoboRat wrote: »
    Worst ones are

OMG, you wont believe what happened next, click on the the picture and type (insert whatever here).

Low and behold 100,000's of dunces will do exactly that and then realise that NOTHING HAPPENS.

Duh.

I've heard those are actually ways to get some of your personal information. Not quite sure how it works though. I'm always amazed when I see people on my wall, (many of whom are very well educated) have clicked on one of these.

I've heard those are actually ways to get some of your personal information. Not quite sure how it works though. I'm always amazed when I see people on my wall, (many of whom are very well educated) have clicked on one of these.

I think they are also used by companies who 'sell likes' so a company can get a load of likes and fans without having to put in the effort. Same as those posts where a company has 1,000 iPads to give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

krudler wrote: »
    It's really not, its the abusive relationship of christianity summed up, I hurt you because I love you, now love me unconditionally.

Sounds more like Chris Brown than Christianity.

Actually, given the weird, cult-like following around that particular piece of sh1t there's often not a huge amount of difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Now you're getting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

"I wish they made condoms for women to wear on their heads. Men sure do like to **** with our minds"

Go on try it, with any luck you'll sufficate and die.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"I wish they made condoms for women to wear on their heads. Men sure do like to **** with our minds"

Wouldn't a wooly cap do just as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Chrisbrownity

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Thwip! wrote: »

Haha well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People who change their facebook profile pic every five seconds in the hopes of getting comments like, "looking great hun".

You insecure mother****ers.

Someone I know posted a pic today. It's two photo's side by side in one image. One is a before, the other is an after one. The girl is large in the first one and slimmer in the second one. The problem is that the photo's are bad. They're grainy, bad lighting, bad poses & bad expressions. Whereas I'm sure the girl probably looks ok in RL, in these photo's she's terrifying. The comment was "looking great girl". This is obviously someone who hates their friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

"So we're all sitting together having something to eat in the sitting room and out of absolute silence, **** lifts up his plate and goes, "here ma, what's the story with this, there's sauce all over the kipp". I don't know what was worse, the look on my ma's face or trying not to laugh. Haha, my family are off their trollies. (it was a joke btw for all you buzz kills out there :-P my mam laughed to........afterwards :-P)"

And how they laughed! I really don't know what I'm missing, or what exactly the "buzz kills" would say... :confused:

I have no idea what a "kipp" is but that's a remarkably well spelled & punctuated post for Facebook (assuming you haven't corrected it yourself). That said, I'm still not sure what he's on about, which I guess demonstrates that orthographical precision isn't everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

"So we're all sitting together having something to eat in the sitting room and out of absolute silence, **** lifts up his plate and goes, "here ma, what's the story with this, there's sauce all over the kipp". I don't know what was worse, the look on my ma's face or trying not to laugh. Haha, my family are off their trollies. (it was a joke btw for all you buzz kills out there :-P my mam laughed to........afterwards :-P)"

And how they laughed! I really don't know what I'm missing, or what exactly the "buzz kills" would say... :confused:

Sounds like the ending of an episode of The Waltons.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Sounds like the ending of an episode of The Waltons.

That's pretty much what I thought when I first saw it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

MORAL :
    Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.

3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less from people but more from yourself.

You have two choices... smile and close this page,
    or pass this along to someone else to share the lesson .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

MORAL :
    Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.

3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less from people but more from yourself.

You have two choices... smile and close this page,
    or pass this along to someone else to share the lesson .

That's actually not that bad in fairness, except for the "sharing is caring" bit at the end. Advice being an insult unless asked for and all that.

Would have been a better story if the Donkey got out of the well, steadied itself, and aimed a well shot kick to the farmers pus....

or ran off and got a soldier to pop a cap in the farmers ass...

donkey-sniper.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mr. Wong wrote: »

Ahh yes once he gets out of jail the council will have given her a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh-ho-ho-ho! What a great wheeze that was. He poured sauce... hahahaha... all over the kipp (kippers? Or kip? Or maybe KP?) ..... hahahaha!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Lifes sh*t at times bt u gt ta keep u head up no matter wa d sun will always cum ou"

Inspiring :')

"Lifes sh*t at times bt u gt ta keep u head up no matter wa d sun will always cum ou"

Inspiring :')

That is the first time I've seen Dublinese txtspk. It's amazingly phonetic.

You could actually imagine that fitting reasonably well into Finnegan's Wake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Seeing a lot of this lately!

FB.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The amount of people that think the "hope ur okay hun xxx" page is real never fails to amuse me, there's always at least 2-3 people commenting on every status telling her to learn to spell and get a job. Some people don't get the humour of it at all!

• Advertisement

But.. the person isn't from Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

the countdown is nearly up....have some great news to share tomorrow! please anyone who knows the 'truth', dont post anything here! so excited!

Stupid attention whore...as if she thinks her life is a soap opera. Get over yourself, love. And all the idiots who keep 'liking' her self-obsessed statuses and posting comments, find a newhobby
    or something.

Was there ever a big reveal to this gem ?

But.. the person isn't from Dublin :eek:

Well, inside them beats the heart of a true scobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The amount of people that think the "hope ur okay hun xxx" page is real never fails to amuse me, there's always at least 2-3 people commenting on every status telling her to learn to spell and get a job. Some people don't get the humour of it at all!

I know, how could you "like" and follow that page without knowing it's a huge pisstake? :D Such a funny page though, best thing I ever liked on FB. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

From failbook, looks like an Irish one

http://cheezburger.com/7303222528

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

WhiteRoses wrote: »

I'd love to be able to actually 'like' that page but even though I know it's a piss take, trying to read her updates would give me a headache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

This is from a girl I worked with in Canada. She is the biggest gom and most delusional person I've ever met. Her Facebook posts keep me entertained!

'Wooo deleting spree is turning out to be quite fun! 100 people gone so far! You should really look into your settings and stuff! It's amazing what you can & cannot control on here! Major clean up of my social networking all round.

Just watched something on tv about Facebook and it was a bit of an eye opener! So I'm going to keep chopping away!! Got a couple of messages so far haha, sorry guys if you don't talk to me how the hell am I supposed to know you read the crap I post on here? You're all essentially stalkers if you're not friends! hahaha'

This is from a girl I worked with in Canada. She is the biggest gom and most delusional person I've ever met. Her Facebook posts keep me entertained!

'Wooo deleting spree is turning out to be quite fun! 100 people gone so far! You should really look into your settings and stuff! It's amazing what you can & cannot control on here! Major clean up of my social networking all round.

Just watched something on tv about Facebook and it was a bit of an eye opener! So I'm going to keep chopping away!! Got a couple of messages so far haha, sorry guys if you don't talk to me how the hell am I supposed to know you read the crap I post on here? You're all essentially stalkers if you're not friends! hahaha'

What. A. Moron.

In fairness that sounds relatively mild compared to some of the stuff that's been posted here. At least she's self aware enough to realise that what she posts is "crap", which is more than can be said for many other FB users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

On the other hand, though, it's not self-aware enough to realise that a Facebook friendship is a two-way thing and assumes that the people she doesn't know are hanging on her every word, while she's aloof and cool enough to want to delete them from her life. Also sounds like the type of person who'd moan if the same happened to her.

So yeah, I'm gonna go right ahead and say that, on the basis of that, she's a twat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement