Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    Are hirsh straps good? I've an Omega aqua Terra seamaster incoming and my pick up a strap at some point to. I think they are 19mm..thinking black or dark blue would go well with the dial

CWZ003833 19mm blue omega strap.
    Expensive nylon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Those hirsch straps are the best and most economical way to transform a watch

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭893bet

New then ridiculous price!

Second hand (which is often unworn) should be less than 100.

New then ridiculous price!

Second hand (which is often unworn) should be less than 100.
    Would you recommend leather or nylon?

Be careful buying unworn secondhand omega straps, the fake ones are very good

Down to personal preference.

I prefer rubber and nylon over leather.

(That sentence belongs in the sex and sexuality forum).

Down to personal preference.

I prefer rubber and nylon over leather.

(That sentence belongs in the sex and sexuality forum).
    Yeah I think I'd rather spend the money on nylons to

These look nice to

https://shop.atelierdegriff.com

• Advertisement

Still fair bit cheaper than an Omega strap and I guess better quality?

Haven’t heard of that strap company before and browsing through I noticed quite a few of the straps don’t actually fit the watches properly

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Haven’t heard of that strap company before and browsing through I noticed quite a few of the straps don’t actually fit the watches properly
    Apologies can you describe how that strap doesnt fit? I'm not an expert on fit etc.. thought any 19mm strap would.work

Apologies can you describe how that strap doesnt fit? I'm not an expert on fit etc.. thought any 19mm strap would.work

The strap on that speedy for example is too tight if you look at the lugs and the strap on zoom it’s slightly squashed into place and for €100 I would expect better
    There are companies that will do a strap for the specific male and model of watch you have too, can’t go wrong with hirsch either

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Snow on the way...Time to get the Vostok out...

2a8q9sy.jpg

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

My new Hamilton looks beautiful when the light hits it.

471580.jpeg

OldBean wrote: »
    My new Hamilton looks beautiful when the light hits it.
    Is that the silver dial version of the interstellar watch?

No, it's the Khaki Field Day Date Auto, as opposed to the Khaki Aviation Day Date Auto. I was originally set on the Interstellar but went with this instead as the only ones I could try on were the silver face and I wasn't gone on them. The lume against the silver turned me off, though I still love the one with the black dial. The red second hand detail completely won me over.

got a new strap in the post today for my carrera and im tempted to hang onto it now :confused:

471581.jpg

A little present from me to me. Been years since I last had a Seiko and had been looking at the Alpinist but just didn't sit well, but still loved the colour scheme. A new daily appeared in the form of SNAF09P1

471629.png
    471630.jpg

I need a better phone camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

OldBean wrote: »
    No, it's the Khaki Field Day Date Auto, as opposed to the Khaki Aviation Day Date Auto. I was originally set on the Interstellar but went with this instead as the only ones I could try on were the silver face and I wasn't gone on them. The lume against the silver turned me off, though I still love the one with the black dial. The red second hand detail completely won me over.

Oh I really like the look of that! Did you purchase second hand or new? If new how much if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

That Seiko Chrono is lovely - nice homage to the Speedmaster.

Oh I really like the look of that! Did you purchase second hand or new? If new how much if you don't mind me asking.

New but in the Swatch outlet in Kildare Village - after some further haggling it came in at €477, RRP €900ish - couldn't leave it behind!

Nice price for a B&M store. They were $299 (around €260) on Black Friday on Ashford.com, came close to pulling the trigger. But with customs and shipping it would have been 3-something and obviously harder to return if any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

New watch and new strap to match. SNZG17 and a Barton Elite strap. Best rubber straps I've used.

31986278817_47b058e2ca_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Finally wearing my wedding present as I didn't want to bring it on honeymoon :cool:

Tag Link CJF2114

The photo doesn't do it justice. The batton markers really pop and the dial is a lovely dark navy (I'm a sucker for blue watches).

Delighted with it :D

471696.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

dsaint1 wrote: »
    New watch and new strap to match. SNZG17 and a Barton Elite strap. Best rubber straps I've used.

The Elite straps are great. Really comfortable.

I have a few other Barton straps too and have been impressed with them all so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi folks - Omega website doesn't seem to list OEM bracelets & straps. Any suggestions? Looking at maybe a rubber one for my Aqua Terra. Thanks.

Hi folks - Omega website doesn't seem to list OEM bracelets & straps. Any suggestions? Looking at maybe a rubber one for my Aqua Terra. Thanks.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/omega-watch-straps

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,707 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice strap but GBP200 for a bit of cloth? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I suppose compared to the mental price for an OEM NATO, it's not as bad as I was expecting, but I'd be going aftermarket all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The Elite straps are great. Really comfortable.

I have a few other Barton straps too and have been impressed with them all so far.

Another vote for Barton elite straps. Quick change spring bars are amazing. Can change straps everyday quickly and effortlessly.

Have a 22mm for my OVM and another 2 x 20mm on route for my Speedy. Very comfy straps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

unkel wrote: »
    Nice strap but GBP200 for a bit of cloth? :eek:

leather and really nice nylon at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

IMG-20190201-034134-286.jpg

I love it! hasn't came off my wrist since I got it.
    Cost €75 worked out at €106 after tax and charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

20190130-142115.jpg

37mm is just perfect. Lug with 19mm so bit odd but I have been informed 20mm leather and silicone straps will fit that size no problem.

So there is some nice Barton straps on the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My trusty Citizen Eco-drive military style watch. I reckon I bought this when I was 18 (which makes it ~12 years old), it was my favourite watch for a long long time. But the strap it came on fell apart, and it lived in a drawer for a long while. It's on a watchgecko strap here, a lovely green military style nato. The 19mm lug width is awkward so it's squashed on a 20mm strap.

472193.jpeg

Lovely strap. I find slightly oversizing a NATO / Zulu works quite well. It doesn't take away from the looks (unless you have severe OCD :D) and it improves stability / comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Funny enough with an odd size like 19mm, I prefer to slightly under strap it and go for 18mm. Maybe because down the years looking at vintage military issued watches on their original straps/bonklip bracelets they tended to under size them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny enough with an odd size like 19mm, I prefer to slightly under strap it and go for 18mm. Maybe because down the years looking at vintage military issued watches on their original straps/bonklip bracelets they tended to under size them.

Yeah, I had the same thought after I fitted it. If I was ordering another I would go with the 18mm I reckon. But at the same time it's not terribly noticeable when you're wearing it, and it does hold the watch body in place well.

Wibbs wrote: »

You are the real James Bond, Sir :D

bond-goldfinger-strap-small.jpg

6538 in "Goldfinger"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

472209.jpg

Just arrived today courtesy of Kintarō Hattori.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

20190204-153122.jpg

Bought today to replace Seiko Solar Chronograph SSB313P1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

My everyday watch. Casio edifice ECB-500D-1AER

94531..png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Time to give my ancient big bruiser Omega (Seamaster Chrono Diver I think) a run. The sub dial hands have faded but the watch is running fine, I might get them replaced/painted when service is required.

472211.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

My 21 year old "Gshock Raysman" DW-9300J.
    The first solar powered Gshock.
    Still being powered by the sun :)

472371.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

Try this photo

472372.jpg

Don’t worry wibbs will be along to save the day

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Hi everyone I'm new to this part of the forum. I was active on wus for a few years and then migrated over to intlwatchleague with the mwc guys.

My collection is currently around 20 watches and I am going to start back into a rotation to wear them all.

I'll post a picture of each different watch as I wear them so hopefully this will motivate me to keep on rotating.

Today's watch is my Gruppo Gamma Bronze Vanguard, I have it about 3 years and its been my favourite the whole time.

28225ax.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement