Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misfits Season 3 **Spoilers**

Options
  • 11-11-2010 12:35pm

This thread will contain spoilers, so only read if you are up to date with the current episode being discussed

Thought it would be a good idea to keep the discussion of the current season separate, for an open discussion.

Saw the pre-air last night and it was pretty excellent. The effect of Lucy shapeshifting was extremely well done and loved that she was trying to turn them all against each other. Interesting that the "ninja" seems to know all about them. Was there any inclination of them in the first season I wonder?

Did anyone else laugh when they killed their new probation worker? Simon's outbursts when Alisha touches him are just hilarious - "I want to shove my cock into your hairy armpit"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Reminder for anyone that forgot it!

IT's on now.
    He's only after getting out of the grave, won't ruin how, but it was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Stumbled upon the Misfits about 2 months ago and watched all of season 1 in one go as couldn't stop myself.

It's awesome!! :D

Sickened that I won't have access to it tonight. So I'll probably have to avoid this thread and the other one just in case..... though in fairness I accidentally found out the ending of season 1 before I'd started watching the full series >.< Definitely do NOT want that happening in any shape of form this time. :D

Will it be up on the channel 4 website tomorrow so I can check it out?

Me too! Lav it! It is so good!

*bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Have to say so far it has been brilliant. Loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Ruth Negga seems to be in the next episode, interesting as she's in Love/Hate with Nathan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Misfits is the new black.

Yep the ninja already made an appearance in season1 when he rescued Nathanial from the grey kids on his BMX.

"We got to stop killing our probation workers"
    "Hey cornettos"
    Cut to icecream licking body dumping boat scene.

Nathanial gets the best lines.
    Irish and annoying is cool .......... at last.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Thought it was good, Interested to know were they go with it.

Suprised by the lack of interest in it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So am I, one of the best shows on TV IMHO. Ran home from work to see it. :D

Nathan is a legend, his lines are terrific. But I think the show would be lost without Simon, he drives the drama, and the actor is perfect.

British drama has an awful tendency to go off the rails altogether after one awesome season, so I was very relieved that this episode was so great. It's funnier, smarter and meaner than just about anything else on television and the characters are deceptively nuanced. It's great to see it hasn't lost any of it's savage humour either - I laughed out loud the whole way through, Nathan's triumphant return had me in stitches.

I'd forgotten how tense it could be, I mean whenever they focus on how easily they could all get caught they really ratchet it up. The bit where they realised they'd all been talking to fake Nathan was intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved a bunch of season 2 related threads here from the other 'Misfits' thread.

Thought it was a great opener!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Yeah really enjoyed it

"You didnt **** yourself!"
    "Well thats a plus"

"Cock, armpit...it wasnt pretty"

Awesome :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Loved it! The opening was brilliant. Super intense free-running ninja and then Kelly getting smacked in the face with the paper airplane :P

The writing is top notch and while Nathan and Kelly are definitely my favourites, I do agree that Simon is definitely the key player. Curtis is still very much 'meh' for me. The guy isn't a great actor tbh.

New probabtion worker is good (and slightly sexy :P).

Loved the character of Lucy. She was so creepy looking. I like that they seem to have a bigger budget but are very much keeping to what made it great in the first place and not replying solely on the special effects.

Roll on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 kicked off brilliantly

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Loved it! Kept the adrenaline pumping the whole way through. Favourite line had to be:

"I have feelings... And so does my cock!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Loved it, although I was a bit disappointed that Nathan being legally dead was cleared up so easily but I expected that anyway. It was so cute when the dug him up and Kelly heard him think 'I thought I'd never see her again.' Was disappointed they didn't 'seal the deal' but I suppose the writer's going to keep them from anything close to a relationship for as long as possible.

When they killed the probation worker I was like 'For the love of God, Curtis better rewind time.'

'For the first time in my life I feel like I belong.'
    'You murdered your probation worker.'
    'I didn't say it was perfect.'
    I love how they plated this scene completely straight.

Superhoodie (although now he's got a mask and whatnot he needs a better name) is in a few videos 'recorded by Simon' on the e4 site as well as appearing in the season finale. A lot of people seems to think he's one of them from the future trying to make sure history takes the proper course but that doesn't sound right to me for some reason.

Can't wait for next week. Trailer looks interesting. I wonder if
    their powers will stay reversed for just the episode or will it be all series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I was laughing my arse off when they killed the new probation worker... and the cornettos.
    It's funny how many un-PC comments they can get away with since it's in character for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Have no access to E4 so have to wait until it is uploaded to 4 on Demand.

Just watched it and I couldn't be more friggin happy.
    Laughed my ass off when they killed the probabtion dude :D

Thought the oral sex scene was going to be some dream or something!!

Adore Simon and Nathan :D
    Countdown to next week begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

misfits FTW, at last thursday has something to look forward to again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Monotype wrote: »
    It's funny how many un-PC comments they can get away with since it's in character for all of them.

They really do tread on some fine lines alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fantastic season opener. I love that Nathan is still calling Simon, "Barry"... It was one of my favourite bits from last season's finale.
    New probabtion worker is great - pissed myself when they killed him, but glad that Curtis managed to prevent it from happening the second time. The cornettos when dumping the body was absolute genius.
    Glad that they're not just gonna throw Nathan and Kelly together straight away - I think its better that they're dragging that out.
    Would be great to see a proper friendship develop between Nathan and Simon this season.
    Can't say that I care too much about Curtis or Alisha - I don't dislike them, but its just about the other 3 for me. Having said that, I think if they develop both characters more this season, they could become much better.

Next week's episode looks brilliant -
    "We're like the Mitchell brothers"...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Absolutely love this show. Best thing on tv at the moment for me.

Something tells me Nathan is going to die a good few times this season.

Is it still only 6 episodes long?

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

Yeah I'd say they will kill him few times...looking forward to seeing how they do though :D

Only 6 episodes.....which means only 5 left.....Balls :(

Does it all depend on ratings if they get a further series?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

tok9 wrote: »

Plus a xmas special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think given how inventive the show has been so far - and it's totally warped sense of humour - that whoever had the idea of giving them a Christmas special must surely be some kind of mad genius.

EDIT: Just watching the episode again, I love the fact that they're all eating Cornettos in the boat. And did Nathan somehow acquire a tattoo on his wrist in his time underground?

Also, off-topic, I really enjoy seeing Captain Negative's moustache moustache every time I open up this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think given how inventive the show has been so far - and it's totally warped sense of humour - that whoever had the idea of giving them a Christmas special must surely be some kind of mad genius.

EDIT: Just watching the episode again, I love the fact that they're all eating Cornettos in the boat. And did Nathan somehow acquire a tattoo on his wrist in his time underground.

Also, off-topic, I really enjoy seeing Captain Negative's moustache moustache every time I open up this thread.

He had the tattoo in season 1 as well. I think its a stupid looking tattoo for a guy - I'd imagine he regrets getting that done.

Try having a moustache every time you look in the mirror. I feel like a 1950's villain. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Only 6 episodes that's not enough :( Really loved the opening of season two, Nathan is a legend I hope a friendship develops between himself and Simon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 muserock

Misfits is great, hasn't been ay decent shows around in awhile which I'd atch on a weekly basis. anyone have any theories about who the hooded character is? I think it might be a woman

What's the deal with the clocks at the start all over the hooded persons wall.

He has photos of them all and different clocks associated with them as far as I can tell, kept chopping and changing so you couldn't see fully.

Maybe they will loose their powers once the clocks stop counting down?

Must watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

What's the deal with the clocks at the start all over the hooded persons wall.

He has photos of them all and different clocks associated with them as far as I can tell, kept chopping and changing so you couldn't see fully.

Must watch it again.

Was that in the first episode? Must have missed it :confused:

Yeah at the very start!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I thought that they were count down to major events. The very first thing was a clock countdown and the even to fly the airplane was immediately afterwards.

The person could have been given the power of omniscience or near it, can see how the world works and how to push it in certain directions - hence needing all players alive for some possible event in the future?

Advertisement