Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Update from Barnet! Won UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, Capitol One Cup and Champs League for 2nd year in a row, ended up 4 points off top but starting to catch United :D Still searching for that elusive Premier League win! This year...
    Think I'll just spunk it all on youth players.

I've just started doing this now. Very happy with the first team I have now and they're all happy at the club. I've found that in the later seasons, 26/27/28, the regens are of really poor quality, so have been trying to hoover up any good prospects my scouts flag (which have been few and far between). Have at least a future first team between the players in my u21 and u18 squads, some whom I've started introducing to the first team this season.

I've decided this year to not allow any of my u21's, who have over 3 star potential, out on loan and will them as much first team exposure as possible. I also found being involved in so many cups last year that my first team got v.tired and that cost us the league. Most of my young lads were out on loan so didn't have many rotation options!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, I think my game is broken.

I got a question about being one win away from winning the league, and at the preview for the next match, it reiterated I only need to win the next match to win the league.

It's match 31 in the league and Chelsea are only 1 behind me :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The doc an lord tsc are off recruiting more man utd teams.

Who needs diversity when we have 5 Ronaldos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's 18 games in to the season and Reginna are top of Serie A by seven points. Juventus are in second. Will this be my season?! Will I finally win that elusive title?

I'd want to. I'm expected to win the CL and Serie A this season!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would imagine this will be my last update here for a while; this is how my third season wound up at Man United.
    bPpcNBr.png
    WvxpKHT.png
    aoqHmly.png

Player Apps Goals Assists
    NHPXRt1.png

Not really much else to do then. Will probably go back in a few days, but I just got the Bioshock Trilogy from Steam, so might go play that for a while.

• Advertisement

7 games left and I'm 17 points ahead. I'm beginning to dream.

I did it! :)

11082545_10155318113420307_3154025779718890923_n.jpg?oh=deb769c2d0ff828277ddc8e745e2d873&oe=55AE19D5

Playing Juventus in the Champions League final next.

I'm gonna have so much fun upsetting the best players in the world over the summer by declaring an interest in them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

There is nothing like unsettling a player especially when their manager is a twát!

Bet Juventus 4-2! :D

My new stadium is nearly ready too. My next goal is to get a great a youth system going and have regular players coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm about halfway through my second season now. I just beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal (twice in the League Cup semi-final) in a ridiculously hard run of fixtures and I was top of the league. During the January transfer window I made an offered for a player, and the game crashed. My rolling save frequency needs to be higher, as I was put right back before that insanely tough run.

It crashed at a point just before a cup draw. I originally had Middlesborough away, and now I've Liverpool instead. The game has really screwed me over with that! :pac:

I've tried to stick to 2 players per position, with the added bonus that most are flexible to provide cover somewhere else in an injury crisis. My squad is:

GK: De Gea, Savic, Amos
    RB: Dani Alves, Rafael
    CB: Benatia, Balanta, Evans, Smalling, Rojo
    LB: Shaw, Blind
    CM: Strootman, Lucas Silva, Lucas Romero, James Ward-Prowse
    LW: Depay, Nani
    SS: Rooney, Januzaj
    RW: Di Maria, Mata
    ST: Ibra, Van Persie

Usually play 4-2-3-1. It's good that my SS, LW, RW are really flexible. All of them are capable of playing everywhere across there, and Rooney can obviously play at ST or SS.

I have Tielemens, Wilson, Zaha, Andreja Zivkovic out on loan. Dani Alves was a free transfer, and Ibra didn't have long left on his contract, so only cost a small fee. Gotze is also joining after deciding to leave Bayern on a free. I signed Lucas Silva on a whim - I would have been happy to keep Tielemens, but he has 17 long shots and has scored a few from 35 yards. Van Persie and Ibra are both 33 or 34 now, so they need replacing.

The one downside is that Phil Jones left me on a free transfer to go to Arsenal. I've done much better since I replace Giggs with Steve Round (the only assistant available who had decent stats and a world class reputation).

The one thing that is annoying is that I have to pay absolute top dollar for a player (32 million plus add ons for Strootman), and I get offered a fraction of the value. 1.2 million for Fellaini (worth 8), 2 million for Blind (worth 14), 10 for Mata (worth 28.5).

If I manage to win the league and a few trophies over the next few seasons, I'll probably go back and start with a small club somewhere.

• Advertisement

Another season down with Reginna. Thought I was gonna do a back to back in the Champions League and that would have been a quintuple success for the season but I lost to Inter Milan. :(
    Still, it was a great season and Reginna are now the no.1 club in Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

http://streamable.com/z1x5

Best goal I've scored on FM in a few years I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

End of the third season, Granada made the Champions League Final.

5iA8Wr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Just got April fooled by the game today. Board gave me 600million to spend on players then took it all away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What's the best logo/face pack out there ? Have access to good internet for the night so gonna take advantage of it

10 games in to the new season and I have twice finished with 9 men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm managing Leyton Orient in League One, but I went to have a look at United's U21s to see if I could get anyone on loan. As I looked at their squad, I noticed that Falcao had 3 starts, 2 sub appearances and... 8 goals. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Love rebuilding a new team and coming up against your old team in a final and winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

ok so i just spent 76 million on players now sterling wants to leave due to lack of transfer activity.... wtf ?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Art kinda immitating real life. He just wants away one way or another :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just bought the full classic version for iPad must get a decent run at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just bought the full classic version for iPad must get a decent run at it

How much did it cost? i'll probably get it eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

20 quid by the looks, the Internet keeps cutting off on my ipad so can't do the system update and you need to have latest version to play the game. Can't wait, hope it's basically the normalpc game on ipad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just about to start my 5th season as man utd boss.

Sold a few players who didn't work out this summer like Paulo Dybala who i paid 5 mil had a shocking scoring rate for me in over 80 games for me got only 25 goals but magically got 30 mil back for him.

Humam Tariq picked him up for 300K loaned him out for the past 4 years at 1 mil for a season long loan and sold him for £15 mil so quite a lot of profit made on him

Kenedy who has been another Flop for me just played bad if i played him up front or as a winger with me for 2 seasons and has played maybe 20 games and just never fitted into my team payed i think 15 mil for him sold him for the same witch was extremely lucky

But there is one guy i haveint a clue who he was to i went and looked at his records for a a 20 year old. His name is Luka Jovic has something like 30 + goals a season for the past 4 years and is going to cost me £53 mil pounds to sign him. Has anyone ever bought him and how did he get on for them ?.

I sold Bony to buy this guy. Bony was a bargain at £10 mil for me got £35 mil back for him after a season and 1/2 and is now 30 years old.

Brought in Jack Wilshere on a free who is going to be a backup midfielder on a extremely cheap 5 year contract of 35K a week He is still only 26. So could work out a bargain.

Also signed Cristiano Ronaldo for £15 mil quite a bit considering he is now 33 and not the youngest but is quite handy to have in the team as he can play up front and on both wings

But i think i have been finding is that my game isn't making any good Computer Gen players there all really bad notting of 5* star penten coming trow any where in the world witch is extremely odd as in past games i have always had 3 or 4 world class ones in my team at this stage. Has anyone else been finding this ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

Lol, just noticed that Everton drew with Real Madrid in my game - thought that was strange cause Everton didn't finish in the top 4 and Madrid surely didn't miss out the Champions League.

Turned out that Everton won the Europa League and now there are 5 English teams in the Group Stages. Was pretty sure if that happened they replaced the 4th qualifying team IRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Degag wrote: »
    Lol, just noticed that Everton drew with Real Madrid in my game - thought that was strange cause Everton didn't finish in the top 4 and Madrid surely didn't miss out the Champions League.

Turned out that Everton won the Europa League and now there are 5 English teams in the Group Stages. Was pretty sure if that happened they replaced the 4th qualifying team IRL?

This year is the first year that an extra place is allocated for the winners of the Europa League. If a team wins the Champions League and finish outside they take 4th spot ala Chelsea taking Spurs spot in 2012.

Anyone find 2015 harder than previous versions? I'm really struggling with Leyton Orient. The last time I played was FM12 and I took Crawley Town all the way to the Champions League. This time around I'm languishing in mid table in League 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

TimRiggins wrote: »
    This year is the first year that an extra place is allocated for the winners of the Europa League. If a team wins the Champions League and finish outside they take 4th spot ala Chelsea taking Spurs spot in 2012.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Made a mistake in the game so

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Made a mistake in the game so

No that's correct. If an English team won the Europa League and finished outside the top 4, there would be 5 English teams in the CL the following year.

However, if an English team won the Champions League and finished outside the top 4, they would take the slot from 4th place, and there would still only be 4 English teams the following year.

It is possible now to have 5 teams from one nation in the CL.

Advertisement