Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

That's from Elara, unless we all decide to go for the same Hard Drive or SSD at the same time I don't see it being very viable

You should just buy loads of things in bulk and sell them to us, win win

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

That's from Elara, unless we all decide to go for the same Hard Drive or SSD at the same time I don't see it being very viable

Interesting though, never knew that was possible for your average Joes.

What if we did all go for the same SSD or HDD? Unleash the clone army!

Still I suppose we'd have know what kind of discount applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You wouldn't buy the fecking things as they'd be cheaper elsewhere :pac:

Sere's idea is probably the best one. I'd help however I can but I don't know how to begin something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

well if anyone is looking to set up a new online business... :pac: hint hint

Just had a look, I've specced 15 builds in the last seven days, an average budget of €863.

That's taking maximum budgets into account, which I generally don't reach when it's upwards of €1200, and it's also got two office PCs of €250 and €300 respectively.

Is anyone going to do the spreadsheet? I'll do it with some assisstance if no one more knowledgeable steps up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

Is this thread getting slightly off topic now? While I'd love to be able to use a boards.ie discount in future, I won't be buying anything until I get sorted with the company in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

stock devalues quickly .
    also affected by fickle market trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

http://www.novatech.co.uk/ could be an option too, I speced out a build and it came out about the same as on amazon. Some items were cheaper even, An R7 370 was 120 pound on nova and 140 on amazon, but you do get free delivery on amazon. Worth a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Jaafa wrote: »
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/ could be an option too, I speced out a build and it came out about the same as on amazon. Some items were cheaper even, An R7 370 was 120 pound on nova and 140 on amazon, but you do get free delivery on amazon. Worth a look anyway.

"Apologies for the inconvenience caused but deliveries to Ireland from the Novatech website have been temporarily suspended whilst we carry out work implementing the Irish rate of VAT."

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Last few big purchases I have made were from Amazon.de. Look at the other sellers and look for ones with international & domestic shipping. You may have to pay a little more to buy from a seller that ships to Ireland but it's still better value than buying from UK/Irish subsidiaries. I use chrome with translate on and it works pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Craetyr wrote: »
    I just purchased parts from Hardwareversand on the 26/7 and got the same email, saying atelco has declared insolvency, and was wondering if my money really is just gone, seems like so. Is there or will there be a solution because I spent a good bit of money that I really don't want to see just disappear. Payed through bank transfer by the way.

I did not see a direct reply to this post but think it deserves some attention.

My understanding of the translations read so far, is that because you paid AFTER the insolvency declaration (23rd?), that the administrator will attempt to fulfil your order.

If he fails to do so you should get a refund ..... in time.

Would anyone else care to comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

I did not see a direct reply to this post but think it deserves some attention.

My understanding of the translations read so far, is that because you paid AFTER the insolvency declaration (23rd?), that the administrator will attempt to fulfil your order.

If he fails to do so you should get a refund ..... in time.

Would anyone else care to comment?

You might be on to something there! I guess since an administrator was appointed one the 23rd/24th then any debts incurred AFTER that point could be valid.

So that might mean that he could get his money back or that the orders are still going to be fulfilled, since in the e-mail (sent around the 23rd/24th) it said that any new orders made would be fulfilled.

If ya get me. Don't want to instill false hopes all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

Lu Tze wrote: »
    We could always approach a good retailer to see if it would be possible to get a discount for forum members, not sure if it has been tried before in B&U?

I see in the Vaping forum they have a lot of e-tailer discount codes, but they tend to be much smaller operations, less expensive stock, probably higher margins and there products arent obselete 6 months down the line!

Could try the likes of Komplett, while no longer having an Irish presence, they at least maintained their talk to forum here, and may be more open to interaction and possible deals.

We complain there are no competitive Irish offerings, if we bring buying power to one or two "local" shops like this things may change.

I look at the richersounds forum and look enviously at their stock clearance threads when they come up every 3-4 months, would be class to have that engagement with one of the component retailers.

Elara, Dabs, memoryC are other options maybe, im sure there is plenty more.

Dabs - They never do free shipping,Most of the stuff they have are quite expensive,I'll avoid them most of the time.

Komplett.ie is a great website to buy from while they don't have a great range of items they've got most of the popular stuff.Prices are pretty good considering our VAT.
    I'll probably buy monitor from them
    They have free shipping if you spend over 400 euros which is sweet.

Elara- They do free shipping over 150 euros.The only thing expensive they have are the processors and gpus really.RAM,HDD and peripherals are cheap there.Worth considering.

MemoryC- Not sure about them but range is decent.

You could try computerparts ireland and custompc.ie

I agree we do need more retailers and competitive pricing as in Germany so that we no longer need order from UK or Germany. I wish Amazon gives us warehouse deals:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Latest response on their Facebook page:
    Hi,

We would like to first of all for the many positive feedback and opinions from your side, we like to thank the staff in the current situation have made a lot of courage.

But there was, of course, also negative feedback and some resentment, which, however, in some cases in a to inaccurate formulation of our opinion on the continuation of our operation. This we ask you to apologize. We have the rate has formulated more precisely, to bring you the importance to explain better.

Of course there will be changes in the business-that's the is out of the question. These changes are part of the recovery plan, which is the continuation of our operation in the sense of a best possible satisfaction of all creditors.

Your team of hardwareversand. De

It is not much but I suppose if they continue operation and can be restructured then eventually there is a chance people will get some money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,541 ✭✭✭✭briany

That's sad to hear that, after being championed by the PC building community for so long, they turn around and do this to some of their most loyal customers. That said, it's not ideal for Hardwareversand either and I'm sure they'd love to still be in business and not involved in this way of going out. Not that that thought is worth much to the customers out money, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LazyTuna

I expect it will take a few weeks but how long should it take to get a refund if I sent a refund claim to Paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

LazyTuna wrote: »
    I expect it will take a few weeks but how long should it take to get a refund if I sent a refund claim to Paypal?

Few weeks if HWVS participate in the process, longer if they don't as paypal will wait for a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

LazyTuna wrote: »

Don't wait to escalate it to a claim, do it immediately. From then I believe they have ten days to respond to the claim. The likely hood is they won't respond as all they can say is they are insolvent. Paypal doesn't care about that they only care that the goods have never reached the customer and as the buyer protection protects against just that you will be refunded sharpish.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Don't wait to escalate it to a claim, do it immediately. From then I believe they have ten days to respond to the claim. The likely hood is they won't respond as all they can say is they are insolvent. Paypal doesn't care about that they only care that the goods have never reached the customer and as the buyer protection protects against just that you will be refunded sharpish.

Good luck.

Yea this^^^, they have days not weeks to respond, the w@nkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This would explain why I have had such a nightmare recently trying to get them to replace a faulty monitor they sent me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MadGamerLad

I have been waiting over 2 weeks for a refund of 870 euro for a graphics card and power supply. I cancelled this order due to the delay, misinformation regarding stock availability, and disgust at very poor support via telephone.

I'm absolutely devastated by this. To make matters worse again, I made the initial order via bank transfer. I'm really in a bad spot here.

I have no hope nor confidence that I will receive this money back. My first pc build had turned into a complete disaster. Can't believe it, completely demoralised and angry. What a terribly corrupt world we live in. 870 euro has been stolen from me by people I will never meet face to face.

My heart goes out to all others effected by this situation, especially those who made bank transfers. Bankruptcy should be renamed to "the big scam to collect innocent consumers money to help keep the company afloat". Shame on them and all companies that do this. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You can only pay via debit card through paypal, and that's generally discouraged in favour of the bank of bank transfer.

The thing is that HWV was generally seen as a very reputable company, and a big one at that. These are the ones that you'd least expect to fall.

It's poor show that companies can fold up in the EU without any customer protection. Good luck with the Euromillions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Can't you reverse SEPA bank transfers? or is that only with direct debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Who do we buy off now ?

New PC i was finalising specs for in afew weeks.

As mentioned above EU/UK rates are very poor atm

Who do we buy off now ?

New PC i was finalising specs for in afew weeks.

As mentioned above EU/UK rates are very poor atm

EU Amazon or Mind factory are best value. Are you making a thread for the build review?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

EU Amazon or Mind factory are best value. Are you making a thread for the build review?

Made one already but ended up buying a clutch and lsd for my car instead which ate my pc fund :p

Basic setup

CPU: i5 4690k
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4gb
    Case: Nanoxia deep silence
    HDD: Western Digital 2tb + samsung 240GB SSD
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 1150 socket
    PSU: Corsair 600w semi Modular powersupply

Budget 1300 or so

Oh okay :pac: sound build, you'll get it for that from Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

the boy racer with the lsd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

God damn useless Germans! So annoyed about the whole fiasco. Ordered this and payed for it same day - 5th July.

Case: IN WIN GT1 Midi-Tower - white €59,91
    MoBo: ASUS Z97-A €143,99
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 750W ATX 2.3, 80+ Gold €124,99
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Box, LGA1150 €344,56
    GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX960 €226,25
    RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX FURY Blue 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 €91,38
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 240GB €88,77
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s €49,98
    SPU: Soundblaster Z €77,99

Total €1250 + delivery. Roughly €50 for delivery and charges like paypal.

Had the same rubbish to deal with as everyone else. Rang Germany multiple times to see what was going on. They delievered 2 seperate packages, but they didn't contain everything, suddenly it says on the site that all the goods were delivered. So I'm on the phone to UPC Ireland and UPC Germany and the HWVS itself trying to figure out what's going on. Eventually they tell me they don't have the 3 items I was missing in stock, even though when I ordered everything it said each item would be available in 2 working days. Then eventually after more calls to see what's going on I see this thread, can't believe it.

I feel terrible for all the guys on here that might not get their money back. I received €881 worth of what I paid for. I immediately ordered on dabs a Corsair RM750i SERIES 750w 80+ Gold Modular PSU €150 and Asus Z97-A €164. Little more expensive but just want the damn stuff already. Ordered G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB 1600MHz for €115, free delivery or collection. €50/60 more than the original items. I'm filling out paypal thing after I post this, hopfully like others have been saying I'll get the money for the items not delivered.

Can't believe they'd have the cheek to say in the email your items won't be delivered and if you want them you'll have to pay for them again. As if, after taking all of our money and treating us like crap? Dream on! Hope you all get your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

superg wrote: »
    Didn't seem like the most reliable bunch either

Well that's for sure. I returned a MB last year with a faulty CPU fan header and they returned it with bent CPU socket pins. They then tried to claim they didn't do it. Complete gobshytes imo.

Advertisement