Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardware versand insolvent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 igorrasic

Yep, for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭KpsCowley

I really hope you guys get your money back. I just ordered a PC for €1400 a few weeks ago, thankfully it arrived, although they did not send me a PCI Wifi Card, I am just after getting the same email saying they insolvent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

igorrasic wrote: »
    I will go tomorrow to bank to see if i can do something for refund. I payed exaclty 1 month before. I went to bank and they transfereted money from my account to their in Sparkasse.

Doubt that the bank can do anything, you did a SEPA transfer and the only way to get money back is if the receiving account sends it and they aren't sending any money back till the secured creditors are paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Unfortunately for those who paid via bank transfer and not using the paypal option you will not get any help from your bank. There is no buyer protection when using direct transfer from your bank. You are unsecured creditors. You will be able to put in a claim for what you are owed in time but are likely only gonna receive pennies on the euro, if anything at all.

The same happened me a few years ago. The amount was low. I never received a penny after filling out lots of forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LazyTuna

Would you recommend going to the bank if you did pay through Paypal though?

• Advertisement

LazyTuna wrote: »

If you paid through paypal then you will have to do a paypal refund request. Since the items were not delivered then you will 100% get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If you paid by paypal just use paypals dispute system, they are very efficient as I had to use it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Craetyr

I just purchased parts from Hardwareversand on the 26/7 and got the same email, saying atelco has declared insolvency, and was wondering if my money really is just gone, seems like so. Is there or will there be a solution because I spent a good bit of money that I really don't want to see just disappear. Payed through bank transfer by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LazyTuna

If you paid by paypal just use paypals dispute system, they are very efficient as I had to use it a few times.

I'll try this first as it seems the most logical. I'm just worried as its a large amount of money I spent.

I'll try this first as it seems the most logical. I'm just worried as its a large amount of money I spent.

You have nothing to worry about if paid by paypal, you will definitely be re-funded once you open a dispute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Yeah, Ive just been on to Paypal and they have opened a case. looks like they could be busy today!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Got the same mail today. :mad: How did you get your claim back from the credit card company? I was told that I have to fill out a Credit Card Transaction Dispute Form?
    I phoned the CC company last Thursday after I became suspicious because of the sellers failure to reply to faxes and emails. I had actually cancelled my order the previous day and asked for confirmation but never got it.

So I told the whole story to the CC rep saying that I wanted my money back and he took details and passed them onto their disputes dept who had my account credited again within 2 days. Im guessing that the CC company probably had other customers on to them at that stage.

Just for the record I paid with PayPal which in turn bills the CC company. So between both of them I was covered I assume.

I do hope everyone else here gets sorted though

muffler wrote: »
    I phoned the CC company last Thursday after I became suspicious because of the sellers failure to reply to faxes and emails. I had actually cancelled my order the previous day and asked for confirmation but never got it.

So I told the whole story to the CC rep saying that I wanted my money back and he took details and passed them onto their disputes dept who had my account credited again within 2 days. Im guessing that the CC company probably had other customers on to them at that stage.

Just for the record I paid with PayPal which in turn bills the CC company. So between both of them I was covered I assume.

I do hope everyone else here gets sorted though

Thanks. Looks like Paypal is the best route to take. Even the woman on the phone said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah Paypal will sort out people no problem, I've used their dispute system a few times. If you paid via paypal you are grand, money will be back with you soon. I just hope in future folks will learn from this and make sure they only use payment methods that protect them if things go tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

Got caught for 410 euros. Paid with PayPal and Logged a dispute, so will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

I bought 1200 worth of stuff but less than half of it arrived today. I'm opening a paypal dispute but now I'm stuck in limbo because half the stuff arrived and I'm worried that they'll put me on the long finger by saying something like the other half will arrive at some undefined time in the future. Not happy.

agentblue wrote: »
    I bought 1200 worth of stuff but less than half of it arrived today. I'm opening a paypal dispute but now I'm stuck in limbo because half the stuff arrived and I'm worried that they'll put me on the long finger by saying something like the other half will arrive at some undefined time in the future. Not happy.

It won't arrive, the insolvency agreement they made means that any orders made before will not be honored. What you have got is all you will get. Paypal might not refund you if there is a proof of delivery and HWVS use it. However, your credit card company will issue a chargeback if you press them. This might cause issues with you and paypal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 agentblue

They sent me a receipt for just the items that they delivered to me so I can provide that to paypal if they need it. In fact, I'll scan that tomorrow and attach it to my dispute file.
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 igorrasic

They sent me a receipt for just the items that they delivered to me so I can provide that to paypal if they need it. In fact, I'll scan that tomorrow and attach it to my dispute file.
    Thanks for the heads up.

I would on your place say that u didnt got anything what u ordered. It would be fair to f*** them too.

I would on your place say that u didnt got anything what u ordered. It would be fair to f*** them too.

Ah now come on, you have to be fair and honest. I would never pull a stunt like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

And then the UPS records reject that and you get nothing for attempting to defraud em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Terrible advice. It wouldn't be very hard to prove otherwise and leave yourself open to be done for fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭BeardedBadger

Sad to hear this, never personally dealt with them but always kept an eye in their prices and know that they're a bit of a cult favorite on here. Have friends who dealt with them without any problems.

Here's hoping ye all get sorted :(

People starting to get angry on their facebook page I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

agentblue wrote:

I bought something off ebay a few years back, they sent the wrong thing so I disputed it with the company but they ignored me. I opened the dispute with PayPal who contacted the company but they didn't respond to PayPal either so PayPal refunded me the full amount I paid and I was able to keep the thing the company sent me too because they wouldn't answer me!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Barr125

Judas Priest, everyone seems to be in the same boat. I too purchased a crap-ton of stuff, hitting 900e+. Thankfully I paid with Paypal (I never don't, just easier) and just went straight to them after seeing what was happening. Seems like it was the right call, judging by everyone's advice and stories. Good to hear that they're easy to work with and on the job so to speak.

First ever purchase for a new PC and this happens :/

I was just on the Paypal site, checking a few things when I noticed they say that if there's no response from the seller in regards to the claim made after 10 days, they close the case and return all funds back to the rightful owners. So we'll know in 10 days or less.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Forum Announcement up, just in case someone living on a desert island comes back to civilization this week and tries to post someone a HWVS build :eek:
    Thanks for the heads up.

This is the kind of thinking I like to see :)

This is the kind of thinking that will get people infractions, one of the few things in life that are still free.

To those who would use this tragedy to get some sneaky advertising for their mates in: We weren't born yesterday, and this thread is being watched. No infractions handed out so far... but lets keep it that way, can we? :)

But back to topic... jesus. I don't even. It can be hard to reconcile the company you knew and loved from yesteryear can go so far downhill, starting very slowly but gathering downward momentum all the while. I imagine a good few veterans here are kicking themselves at the moment - I certainly am. We saw the warning signs and many of us who did business with them during the glory years simply attributed them to temporary hiccups while the wheels were coming off :( In hindsight its all horribly clear what was going on, the sharp fall in care and attention and the drop in legible English customer support obvious hints to behind-the-scenes cuts and staff reshuffles. My heart goes out to anyone caught up in this mess, because to me and a lot of people here a few hundred quid, much less over a grand, is most certainly not a trivial sum of money to risk losing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yikes. Time to look for a new Boardsie Best Shop (TM) then, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

Found some information about insolvency in Germany here. The wording is a bit confusing though.
    The preliminary receiver in bankruptcy/administrator assesses the financial situation of the debtor in detail and checks whether there are enough assets and liquidity to cover costs and fees of bankruptcy proceedings itself (court fees, fees of the receiver in bankruptcy/administrator) and for the running business. His task is also to assess whether the progress of business is possible. He file an expert report for the judge and recommend to institute bankruptcy proceedings or to reject it.

Often the bankruptcy court notices that no assets are available to payout anything to the creditor's because there are no assets to open proceedings or conducting bankruptcy proceedings (meaning to pay the receiver in bankruptcy and costs of the court).

In such cases the court orders the end of bankruptcy proceedings by lacking assets to pay proceedings themselves (German wording: "... wird mangels Masse eingestellt" or ... Masseunzulänglichkeit"). Consequence: the company will be winded up and will be deleteted in the commercial register.

If there are assets enough and prospects to run business further on perhaps by changing the structure of the company, the legal form and areas of business (...) the court will order the opening of bankruptcy proceedings (court order). The order appoints a receiver in bankruptcy/administrator too.

By the sound of the e-mail you lads received, they're going to try and go ahead with the business, so if it's not just PR and you get your claims in hopefully it can be resolved.

There's a post on Reddit about it too now, might have some handy info in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Could u just order something else that is in stock as a from of getting the money back no?

Advertisement