Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Got about 40 subs. We'll see if they stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

No way haha, ya cheeky fecker :P

Fair Play

I've made Mozzypuffs the new mod. She has been with us a while, shown a great knowledge of Tekkit, is often online and has proven herself reliable.

Congats Mozzy. Sorry to those of you who were unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Congratulations to the new mod-best of luck in the future, I wish you well and hope you serve the server well.

Also, Sean, were there many submissions? On the forum only 4 were posted, so I got the idea that not many people want the position...

natnif36 wrote: »
    Congratulations to the new mod-best of luck in the future, I wish you well and hope you serve the server well.

Also, Sean, were there many submissions? On the forum only 4 were posted, so I got the idea that not many people want the position...

There were 6

• Advertisement

Could the turtle not being able to break blocks problem be fixed by a simple "/op computercraft" ? Just a though that entered my head.
    Could it perhaps be something to do with the mob griefing plugin? Preventing all non-player entities from breaking blocks? (As it is a block, not an entitity, the block breaker from rp is not effected) ( I don't know the technicals of how quarries work, regarding block/tile entitity etc, guessing its just a block that breaks blocks, but remotely, the arm and everything just being graphical/an empty pipe (thats why its solid)
    The mining well for example, features a non-solid drilling arm)

computercraft is opped

• Registered Users Posts: 1 em0360

Whitelist please

em0360

em0360 wrote: »
    Whitelist please

em0360

Added

EDIT: And banned

Hmm, whenever I try to login to the server, it says
    "Failure to connect:Bad Login"

Is this happening to anyone else?
    It has been happening since the restart/reset thing last night-havent been able to login since.

• Advertisement

natnif36 wrote: »
    Hmm, whenever I try to login to the server, it says
    "Failure to connect:Bad Login"

Is this happening to anyone else?
    It has been happening since the restart/reset thing last night-havent been able to login since.

Working fine at the moment. You may have to reinstall the technic launcher.

Server offline?

Pet_lover and ryanpatel banned for griefing like mofos

Also Grumpyfool is jailed until i ask him why he stole sonic_elf's machines.

Its like a feast or a famine with these guys

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Also Grumpyfool is jailed until i ask him why he stole sonic_elf's machines.

Its like a feast or a famine with these guys

Give him a chest of zombie meat in the cell.

I've listed the server on the yogscast forums. Hopefully get a few more trustworthy people in. I'm gonna start clearing the whitelist too. Also thinking of putting in a mass transit system.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Give him a chest of zombie meat in the cell.

I've listed the server on the yogscast forums. Hopefully get a few more trustworthy people in. I'm gonna start clearing the whitelist too. Also thinking of putting in a mass transit system.

Was thinking that as well , i wanted to look at something in joes house, couldn't find it. I'll help out with it any way.

Also is modifying the spawn completely off limits, or can a trusty admin alter it :P

Joes house? It's the huge castle in Cookieshire-the town beside the enormous obsidian tower I showed you a while back.

I actually had a railway from near spawn to outside Cookieshire, but it got rolled back - now I understand why Joe shivers when anyone mentions nether spawn...

Would love to help make a proper system though.

Without mystcraft we basically have 2 options as far as I can see.
    1. An extremely complicated and huge railway system.

2. A teleporter area in a special place near/at spawn, less complicated, but needs a lot of power- depending on how far the places are.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Also thinking of putting in a mass transit system.

You could try setting warps and using this plugin:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/sortal/

Of course, there is a very good chance im completely mis-understaning "mass transit system" thing though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Could i get whitelisted please?

Username is pablomakaveli

• Advertisement

Could i get whitelisted please?

Username is pablomakaveli

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

is boards server down?

Xeyn wrote: »
    is boards server down?

Boards server ended about 3 months ago.

As to this server, the hosting company is performing emergency maintenance at the moment. The multicraft consoles weren't working so they took the servers offline for safety while they fix the problem.

Ah i was right in the middle of something too

That's a shame-hopefully it will recover and be back online soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Boards server ended about 3 months ago.

As to this server, the hosting company is performing emergency maintenance at the moment. The multicraft consoles weren't working so they took the servers offline for safety while they fix the problem.

Sorry yes I meant this server as the unofficial boards server.
    Went away for a little whileand came back yesterday. Realised the server was reset too. Gotta start from scratch again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Anyone building anything like a little town/village that they need help on?

I like that kind of thing as well as messing with the tekkit mods.

Anyone building anything like a little town/village that they need help on?

I like that kind of thing as well as messing with the tekkit mods.

I was gonna build a small village near the spawn actually.

Ok so there is nowhere near the spawn to build a town. What are peoples thoughts on a new map? I could enable world edit to allow people to copy their homes and bring them with them to the new map. You'd simply have to find a plot of land and paste it back in.

• Advertisement

Ok so there is nowhere near the spawn to build a town. What are peoples thoughts on a new map? I could enable world edit to allow people to copy their homes and bring them with them to the new map. You'd simply have to find a plot of land and paste it back in.

You scared me there when you mentioned a new map :O

Does copying the map also copy the machines, contents of chests, pipes, tubes, wires etc?.

We should test this using my latest schematic I did a few days ago.

Advertisement