Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting technician course 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mendes_lol

Hi Everyone
    Starting the online course (ready to sign up this wknd) and delighted to see someone else is doing it from home! Glad I found this thread and hope we will all do great :)
    I work in accs (do bank recon., payable, did receivable before and some cred. control) but haven't done any vat returns and more complicated stuff so am panicking a bit that I won't manage as I am foreign and wasn't good at maths at school (a lot better now). I was thinking to do only 2 subjects this year but not sure if spliting isn't only adding more years of studying but law & bus mgt have so much theory that not sure if my brain cells can absorb as much!

Wishing you all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Hey everyone.I'll be starting this course in Athlone. Would have preferred Galway but looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi everyone! I have just completed Certified Payroll Techniques with IPASS, and was thinking about doing the Accounting techician course.
    I was hoping for some info about the ecollege route if anyone has done it.

Im probably going to pop to Intreo office in the morning. But if anyone would like to share opinions/thoughts about doing but that way that would be great!
    Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Charcoal express

Hey guys! Yaaaay more people joined!
    So today was my induction, I got my timetable & met my class. They range from 17-70! Good mix. There's 25 of us and five of them are lads maybe six..

My timetables sweet! In at 8.50 every morning but I'm off early most days, the latest being half two because I found out I get exemptions from communications & business management! If you guys need any help with them at all I got dostinctions in both did them as a night class during the year to keep me a bit sane :D

So yeah was happy the age group is mixed. Seems like they're eager to learn. Study hall stays open til 10pm which is also a big bonus for me as it's opposite my gym and I go every evening with the boyfriend so I can study between college and gym and not have to head home.

Also got approved for BTEA today! Having a great one :D excited to help eachother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

Starting the 15th of September,doing 2 evenings a week.Will be glad of your company guys over the next year.Its been years since i studied so a big learning curve ahead of me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Ya everyone looking forward to kicking off now :)

Hi there
    I received my books and ready to start soon online - anyone knows how it works as when is the start date and do tutorials cover the full textbooks or only parts of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Foxylocks

Got my books yesterday to be honest I'm not impressed that the materials were €260 and only got 4 books so that works out at €65 a book......what a rip off!
    I was expecting work books, bookkeeping paper and everything, I guess my expectations were way off there.
    Haven't even started the course yet and already I'm thinking beyond the course, I'm a little excited as to what doors this course could open for me (If I pass of course)
    Roll on 23rd

Im doing it at night in local college,when i rang up they said wait until first night to order books?Is this leaving it to late,how long from ordering books to receiving books approx?

juncert wrote: »
    Im doing it at night in local college,when i rang up they said wait until first night to order books?Is this leaving it to late,how long from ordering books to receiving books approx?

Did you register with the IATI? When you register with them and pay the fee you get your books sent out as the college don't supply them....Unless the college you're attending is doing it differently?

• Advertisement

I was told to wait until first class to find out about books.I know i have to pay iati for the books and exams,i thought the class would order them as a group from iati.Does it take long to get the books in the post?
    Thanks for replying.
    Edit to add i rang iati and the first chapter of each book available to download so will do that for tonight.Good luck everyone starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I ordered mine in august, But i read that they starting Shipping books for the year on September the 1st. I received mine on thursday the 11th( but im unsure my date mine were actually shipped).

I'd say it will take about a week from Payment date to receiving them.

Hi all, anyone attending the introduction on Saturday for the online program?

I was told to wait until first class to find out about books.I know i have to pay iati for the books and exams,i thought the class would order them as a group from iati.Does it take long to get the books in the post?
    Thanks for replying.
    Edit to add i rang iati and the first chapter of each book available to download so will do that for tonight.Good luck everyone starting.

The books were being sent out by AITI between 1st - 10th Sept. I paid my fee in July

got books this morning :)

Did anyone start classes this week?it looks like the four subjects are done over two weeks.week one business management one night, accounting the other night.the next week it's taxation one night and law and ethics the other night.
    There is a lot in each chapter.I was trying to get into knowledge point but it's not open until October.

Did anyone start classes this week?it looks like the four subjects are done over two weeks.week one business management one night, accounting the other night.the next week it's taxation one night and law and ethics the other night.
    There is a lot in each chapter.I was trying to get into knowledge point but it's not open until October.
    Hi there, I am doing it online and we are starting tomorrow but noticed that 4 lectures for first week are already available on moodle, we were told they will be available from tomorrow so I am a bit confused .I think 4 subjects are covered every week and not over 2wks but could not guarantee that. I also think that there is a lot as well in each chapter after having a quick look at recordings.

Ok,we dont have access to moddle,maybe online you do half a chapter per night.4 chapters in a week is a lot.
    Our teacher in business management skipped chapter 1, gave a hand out and talked through chapter 2.Next teacher did Chapter 1 in accounting, and i moved to chapter 3 and did this over the weekend.
    We have taxation tonight.Let me know how you are getting on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Study from the exam papers. You will pass the exams no bother.

Thanks Ebbsy,do you get the papers online?are they free or is there a cost for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

You can download them for free from the website. I never really studied from the books just made sure I did the papers.

I did FA yesterday online - a lot of info and really a lot if you need to do 4 chapters in a week with a full time job, I finished at 10pm and was so wrecked had no strength to read the chapter afterwards, not sure when will get a chance to read through what wasn't mentioned on the lecture as there is a lot!
    Just wondering if we have to learn the exact working of definitions for accounting etc or can we explain in our own words. I am scared at the moments with thh amount of things to remember, think have to go and start munching some nuts or something for memory :O

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Zauka

Is there a big difference between accountancy textbooks 2014/15 and 2013/14. I am looking at adverts.ie website and there people are selling study materials at a very good price. Can anyone advice which textbook to buy. New one or one year? Older material cost 70 percent cheaper. New single textbook cost 65 euro. Thanks

Think I read a thread on the accountancy section and it said the taxation was the only book changed,I don't know as bought all new.

Hey guys!
    So it has been going well for me so far. I dislike my Tax teachers teaching methods to say the least, and I am struggling with this.
    Everything else is going great, I have work experience on wednesdays & that's going good so far!

Hey guys!
    So it has been going well for me so far. I dislike my Tax teachers teaching methods to say the least, and I am struggling with this.
    Everything else is going great, I have work experience on wednesdays & that's going good so far!

Hi, I feel exactly same about mine, not very good explaining and runs all over different things so hard to know what to focus on...

mendes_lol wrote: »
    Hi, I feel exactly same about mine, not very good explaining and runs all over different things so hard to know what to focus on...

I'm in the exact same boat!
    I'm also waiting for my ati exemption in business management so hopefully that comes through soon so I can get my books!

Wonder are we in the same class lol

I'm in the exact same boat!
    I'm also waiting for my ati exemption in business management so hopefully that comes through soon so I can get my books!
    wow good for you, would love to be exempt from at least one thing!

juncert - wouldn't be surprised if we are in the same one :O

I am looking for a good calculator, the one I have is sh**, can anyone recommend one that would do a good job at exams? was thinking of buying some HP or Texas Instruments BA II Plus but not sure if the second one won't be too complicated and a waste of money????

• Advertisement

Are any of you guys in Plunket college in whitehall? haha

Advertisement