Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Clonakilty beat Garryowen in the u17 pan 22-5 , anymore reasults on the u17 pan munster comp would be greatly appreciated
    In group A Galbally beat Bruff 22-5(not 16-15 as posted above)
    In group B Old Crescent and Midleton drew 0-0. Nenagh beat Listowel 26-3
    In group D Kanturk beat Clanwilliam 29-7 and Tralee beat Ennis 25-13

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

ormond lad wrote: »
    Waterpark may struggle to get through now. Have to beat Abbeyfeale in Abbeyfeale to qualify.
    what are Con like? First time theyve been in pan munster at either age group i think.

Have seen Con U 19 once this year, quite impressive. Their outhalf was excellent, good head on him, and ran the show, kicked more than ran the ball but they had a good lineout so it was a practical and as it turned out winning in strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Waterpark may struggle to get through now. Have to beat Abbeyfeale in Abbeyfeale to qualify.
    what are Con like? First time theyve been in pan munster at either age group i think.

Well it says they're unbeaten on the Muster Website, beating Bandon and Highfield so at least it was against a good side. Very good outhalf all right, I think he was a Youths second choice or something like that. Couple of other good players we were on top for large portions of the game. Unlucky not to win really. I'd be confident enough going up next week, things starting to come right at the right time of the season.

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Have seen Con U 19 once this year, quite impressive. Their outhalf was excellent, good head on him, and ran the show, kicked more than ran the ball but they had a good lineout so it was a practical and as it turned out winning in strategy
    Good to see Con competing in pan munster. normally havent competed in 18s/19s leagues
    KJY wrote: »
    Well it says they're unbeaten on the Muster Website, beating Bandon and Highfield so at least it was against a good side. Very good outhalf all right, I think he was a Youths second choice or something like that. Couple of other good players we were on top for large portions of the game. Unlucky not to win really. I'd be confident enough going up next week, things starting to come right at the right time of the season.
    Liam o Connells the outhalf. subbed with youths behind horgan from highfield.
    Abbeyfeale will be very tricky next week.
    Have ye players back or are ye just going well in recent weeks. it would be very interesting if park didnt make 19s 1/4s considering how yeve dominated the competition in recent seasons

U 19 Pan Munster Highfield had a comfortable victory over Clanwilliam in Highfield this morning

• Advertisement

U 19 Pan Munster Highfield had a comfortable victory over Clanwilliam in Highfield this morning
    Not that surprising. Clan are not great
    Nenagh lost to Midleton at 17s

I heard Bruff beat Kanturk comfortably on Friday in the U 19 no score though

I heard Bruff beat Kanturk comfortably on Friday in the U 19 no score though
    Bruff won 22-5

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helenmac

in group b: midleton u17's beat nenagh 29-3

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

tell me Ormond Lad who's doing well in the munster connacht u21 league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

u19 pan/munster abbeyfeale/island 12 waterpark 7

'Park lost to Abbeyfeale 12-7 today. Abbey are a decent side but I can't really see them being too much of a contender as some people said as we weren't great today.

lurtz wrote: »
    tell me Ormond Lad who's doing well in the munster connacht u21 league?
    Young Munster are top and unbeaten. Cork Con, Garryowen, Galwegians are leading the chasing pack
    'Park lost to Abbeyfeale 12-7 today. Abbey are a decent side but I can't really see them being too much of a contender as some people said as we weren't great today.
    Garryowen beat Nenagh 20-18 with last minute kick

Young Munster are top and unbeaten. Cork Con, Garryowen, Galwegians are leading the chasing pack

Garryowen beat Nenagh 20-18 with last minute kick

So are ye win or bust against Bandon? Ye got fairly shafted with that group

So are ye win or bust against Bandon? Ye got fairly shafted with that group
    Think so. Wasnt at game but heard Nenagh lost out on some key decisions that could have made game very different

abbey have a few more guys to come in from injury etc,they will make a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

Munster Under 19 League Group A:Bruff 43, Kanturk 5;
    Highfield 36, Clanwilliam 0;

Group B: Youghal 0, Bandon 46;

Group C: Clonmel 24. , Tralee 0;
    Young Munster-Ennis 3, Sunday's Well 15;

Munster Under 17 League Group A: Abbeyfeale 3, Bruff 48;
    Highfield 11, Galbally 6;

Group B: Midleton 29, Nenagh Ormond 3;

Group C: Castleisland-Corca Dhuibhne 0, Clonakilty 42;
    Garryowen 7, Waterpark 11;

Group D: Ennis 14, Kanturk 10;

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

was anyone at the garryowen - waterpark match? what was it like

Irish youths are playing Old Wesley u21's at Ashbourne RFC on Saturday 2pm(from hagzs post in schools thread)

Munster Youths played Connacht in UL today. Anybody go?

Irish youths are playing Old Wesley u21's at Ashbourne RFC on Saturday 2pm(from hagzs post in schools thread)

Munster Youths played Connacht in UL today. Anybody go?
    report of the match in todays indo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Has anyone else heard anything about the Irish schools replacing the Irish youths in the FIRA-AER tournament in mid march?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Waterpark 20 - 14 Clonakilty in the U17 Munster.

kensutz wrote: »
    Waterpark 20 - 14 Clonakilty in the U17 Munster.

I saw the first half and it was a decent game. Clonakilty seemed a decent side but I felt like 'Parks power would tell.

backgreen wrote: »
    report of the match in todays indo
    do you have a link to that match report?
    Stanza2 wrote: »
    Has anyone else heard anything about the Irish schools replacing the Irish youths in the FIRA-AER tournament in mid march?
    Its been mentioned in other threads. cant see it happening

Nenagh were beaten 16-10 by Bandon in 19s pan munster today. Bandon qualify with Garryowen

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

The youths were told yesterday - schools it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

Stanza2 wrote: »
    Yes. The Union decided last Sunday. The Youths Committe and the Squad where told this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

I saw the first half and it was a decent game. Clonakilty seemed a decent side but I felt like 'Parks power would tell.[/QUOTE

Clon were by far the better team in my opinion, The referee was poor and The two waterpark tries looked to be held up also they were unlucky with injuries, Great game. Some very talented [players on both teams suprised there arent more on the munster set up from clonakilty im not too sure how many waterpark have on it?

Under 19 Pan Munster

Bruff 17 Highfield 18

I couldnt make it and just got a text so no details, great win for the Field.

I saw the first half and it was a decent game. Clonakilty seemed a decent side but I felt like 'Parks power would tell.[/QUOTE

Clon were by far the better team in my opinion, The referee was poor and The two waterpark tries looked to be held up also they were unlucky with injuries, Great game. Some very talented [players on both teams suprised there arent more on the munster set up from clonakilty im not too sure how many waterpark have on it?

I didn't think there was much between the sides. They did seem to be a decent side. 'Park had a lot of player involved with Munster but only Dylan Power (1), Robbie Walsh (6) and David Kavanagh (10) were playing the last day. The standard was very high I thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

The ref turning up with 7 mins to go before kick off didn't exactly help. Both teams came out onto the pitch and the ref was too busy running a lap as his warm up. Both sides were wondering if there was going to be a ref and asked me to get gear to ref it.

Advertisement