Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

backgreen wrote: »
    abbeyfeale/castleisland have good solid side at u19 and could be dark horses in the pan/munster,their u17 are a decent side but wont trouble the big guns..listowel are much improved from previous seasons and can now compete with well at u17..

Abbeyfeale merging with Castleisland for under 19s is a positive thing for both clubs. Creates more depth for coaches and they have already had a good result against Tralee (who are self sufficient in the u17s and u19s this season). It will be interesting to see how the Tralee under 19s go next season as they should have a lot of depth with players from the two under 17s squads moving up an age group to add to the strong enough under 19s group from this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

FalconXV wrote: »
    Abbeyfeale merging with Castleisland for under 19s is a positive thing for both clubs. Creates more depth for coaches and they have already had a good result against Tralee (who are self sufficient in the u17s and u19s this season). It will be interesting to see how the Tralee under 19s go next season as they should have a lot of depth with players from the two under 17s squads moving up an age group to add to the strong enough under 19s group from this season.

to be anyway competitive at u19 merging is the only way forward for most rural clubs,not just with one club but three or four..abbeyfeale 19s at that age are usually attending LIT and UL where the better players are usually snapped up by the city clubs..abbey/island team u19 half are under age next year again...

backgreen wrote: »
    to be anyway competitive at u19 merging is the only way forward for most rural clubs,not just with one club but three or four..abbeyfeale 19s at that age are usually attending LIT and UL where the better players are usually snapped up by the city clubs..abbey/island team u19 half are under age next year again...

Yep. They don't have the advantage that Tralee has with the IT that will encourage young people to study in the town. I am pretty sure Tralee's second under 15s team features players from other clubs and the new Tralee Rugby academy is inclusive of players from clubs around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Is Youth Inter Pro Final still on in Mullingar tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

shawneebuy wrote: »
    Is Youth Inter Pro Final still on in Mullingar tomorrow?
    its off
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10892

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Clonmel v Young Munster U19 off.

Getting sick of these postponements. It's going to clog up fixtures trying to reschedule. We have had much rain worse then this in Kerry and the pitches have been fine.

Getting sick of these postponements. It's going to clog up fixtures trying to reschedule. We have had much worse then this in Kerry and the pitches have been fine.
    our 13s played tonight on our main pitch(which is a good pitch) and the horrible conditions have made it tough going. there will be a lot of games off this weekend and rightly so.
    fixtures wont get that clogged up. not like competitions are in a rush to be finished. lots of time left in the season.
    dont know about other regions in munster but the east doesnt seem to have any real problem with fixtures clogging up.
    the 13s, 17s and 19s leagues are finished. 14s and 15s leagues nearly at or at playoffs stages.
    13s cup has started and is a few rounds in(is being played on a league basis)
    pan munster set to be played over 3 weeks straight but that def will not happen now and there will prob be 3 group games played over 4/5 weeks.

ormond lad wrote: »
    our 13s played tonight on our main pitch(which is a good pitch) and the horrible conditions have made it tough going. there will be a lot of games off this weekend and rightly so.
    fixtures wont get that clogged up. not like competitions are in a rush to be finished. lots of time left in the season.
    dont know about other regions in munster but the east doesnt seem to have any real problem with fixtures clogging up.
    the 13s, 17s and 19s leagues are finished. 14s and 15s leagues nearly at or at playoffs stages.
    13s cup has started and is a few rounds in(is being played on a league basis)
    pan munster set to be played over 3 weeks straight but that def will not happen now and there will prob be 3 group games played over 4/5 weeks.

We haven't had any real snow or heavy rain in Kerry compared to the rest of the country. Tralee's Junior Cup on Sunday is in doubt despite being relatively dry over the past two days. Their apparently has been surface water on the pitches which has been there for the whole week. I remember it raining every day in December 2011 and there was no Rugby called off.

We had two mini blitzes in a row ''postponed'' and there isn't much time left to reschedule. The kids have hardly trained let alone played since the start of December. Pretty frustrating really.

We haven't had any real snow or heavy rain in Kerry compared to the rest of the country. Tralee's Junior Cup on Sunday is in doubt despite being relatively dry over the past two days. Their pitch has apparently been surface water on the pitches which has been there for the whole week. I remember it raining every day in December 2011 and there was no Rugby called off.

We had two mini blitzes in a row ''postponed'' and there isn't much time left to reschedule. The kids have hardly trained let alone played since the start of December. Pretty frustrating really.
    there prob was good reason for blitzes being postponed and there is plenty of time to reschedule. the weekend of may 4/5th is 14 weeks away so there is plenty of time to reschedule games.
    contact clubs using the red book about fixtures if you need fixtures

• Advertisement

there prob was good reason for blitzes being postponed and there is plenty of time to reschedule. the weekend of may 4/5th is 14 weeks away so there is plenty of time to reschedule games.
    contact clubs using the red book about fixtures if you need fixtures

Our diary is pretty full until the end of the season so there isn't a lot of gaps for rescheduled blitzes. The kids also have to train as well. Teams cancelling blitzes on Thursday nights is annoyance as you have to contact clubs on Friday to organise a match, then wait for their club to give the go ahead. We don't play in May as there is the community games instead where some clubs split in to parishes.

Our diary is pretty full until the end of the season so there isn't a lot of gaps for rescheduled blitzes. The kids also have to train as well. Teams cancelling blitzes on Thursday nights is annoyance as you have to contact clubs on Friday to organise a match, then wait for their club to give the go ahead. We don't play in May as there is the community games instead where some clubs split in to parishes.
    I doubt ye have a game scheduled for every week already and there is still mid term break and the easter break when schools are off when games could be played if there isnt enough weekend
    no games are played after april 30th if it can be helped as april 30th is usually the final day of the season

We don't have the time really. Weather permitting we only have two training sessions scheduled in the next two months, the rest of the Saturdays matches are booked for matches. I would be happy if we just trained this weekend to be honest. It's very rare for my club to declare pitches unsuitable for training. The kids need a run even if it was a field in town to train on. The club that postponed our blitz last weekend has a good relationship with my club so hopefully there is a way of organising a rescheduled date.

30th April is a weekday and April is booked solid too. Last match is scheduled for 27th. Community Games not sure think they were the week after the last round of matches.

We don't have the time really. Weather permitting we only have two training sessions scheduled in the next two months, the rest of the Saturdays matches are booked for matches. I would be happy if we just trained this weekend to be honest. It's very rare for my club to declare pitches unsuitable for training. The kids need a run even if it was a field in town to train on. The club that postponed our blitz last weekend has a good relationship with my club so hopefully there is a way of organising a rescheduled date.

30th April is a weekday and April is booked solid too. Last match is scheduled for 27th. Community Games not sure think they were the week after the last round of matches.
    what age groups are you talking about when you say every saturday is booked for matches? All clubs have good relationships with each other so of course blitzes will be rescheduled if time allows.
    April 30th may well be a weekday but that is the normal date for the season to finish and there is rarely underage games past that date. plenty of games played mid week in april/may in the cities during that time but obviously not as much in area's where teams are not as close to each other

what age groups are you talking about when you say every saturday is booked for matches? All clubs have good relationships with each other so of course blitzes will be rescheduled if time allows.
    April 30th may well be a weekday but that is the normal date for the season to finish and there is rarely underage games past that date. plenty of games played mid week in april/may in the cities during that time but obviously not as much in area's where teams are not as close to each other

u9,10,11,12. There are also a few weekends in the diary that was emailed to the managers to forward on to their coaches where all mini age groups from the club are playing at the same venue. Regional blitzes are scheduled, some do get cancelled but another fixture is arranged. u10s,11s and 12s will probably play in the Tralee festival. We got shafted last season with cancelled fixtures and the rearranged fixtures got called off so the club has got a more match oriented schedule this season. There are a lot of away fixtures arranged so the Cork clubs don't have to travel up to Kerry. A couple of them we play against home and away.

I say there are a couple of clubs we don't get on with but matches still get arranged, I can think of two from last season that I wouldn't be bothered with playing again but I won't name them. There is another club that has a habit of backing out of their home fixtures against us, rearranging then cancelling on a Thursday night not even bothering to travel up to Kerry.

u9,10,11,12. There are also a few weekends in the diary that was emailed to the managers to forward on to their coaches where all mini age groups from the club are playing at the same venue. Regional blitzes are scheduled, some do get cancelled but another fixture is arranged. u10s,11s and 12s will probably play in the Tralee festival. We got shafted last season with cancelled fixtures and the rearranged fixtures got called off so the club has got a more match oriented schedule this season. There are a lot of away fixtures arranged so the Cork clubs don't have to travel up to Kerry. A couple of them we play against home and away.

I say there are a couple of clubs we don't get on with but matches still get arranged, I can think of two from last season that I wouldn't be bothered with playing again but I won't name them. There is another club that has a habit of backing out of their home fixtures against us, rearranging then cancelling on a Thursday night not even bothering to travel up to Kerry.
    silly attitude to have, IMO, of not playing certain clubs(or thinking of not bothering to play) if you can. some clubs cant field and while it is annoying just get on with it.

dont worry about minis they get lots of games.
    19s is the only age group where you will struggle to get very regular games. every other age group is not an issue and you will find plenty of games if you look hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

abbeyfeale/castleisland V Cork Con u19s match off today ,waterlogged pitch

Youths Inter pro final is on today , Mullingar. 1pm kick off.

silly attitude to have, IMO, of not playing certain clubs(or thinking of not bothering to play) if you can. some clubs cant field and while it is annoying just get on with it.

dont worry about minis they get lots of games.
    19s is the only age group where you will struggle to get very regular games. every other age group is not an issue and you will find plenty of games if you look hard enough.

We had 3 months of no matches last season due to clubs from Cork cancelling. The club organises fixtures against Cork clubs then they cancel and it's down to the team manager to organise a match at the last minute. Killarney had the same problem last season.

One of the Cork clubs we don't go along with has a poor reputation with other clubs in the branch. They ended up playing against us as other clubs refuse to play them. Their coach picked a fight with my current manager last season.

Leinster Youths win 8-3.

• Advertisement

We had 3 months of no matches last season due to clubs from Cork cancelling. The club organises fixtures against Cork clubs then they cancel and it's down to the team manager to organise a match at the last minute. Killarney had the same problem last season.

One of the Cork clubs we don't go along with has a poor reputation with other clubs in the branch. They ended up playing against us as other clubs refuse to play them. Their coach picked a fight with my current manager last season.
    I would imagine ye are not perfect either and concede/cancel games as well.
    PM me the name of the club which has a suppossed poor reputation. would be interesting to know
    shawneebuy wrote: »
    Leinster Youths win 8-3.
    Match Report http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10916

Irish Youths not in camp again for a few weeks so clubs games are to the fore for the next few weeks with the Pan Munster starting this weekend at 17s and 19s though many games scheduled for today were not played due to the weather

Pan Munster didnt really kick off last weekend with nearly all games off due to the weather.
    This weekends games are below
    Sat 2
    u17 Pan Munster
    Galbally V Bruff
    Highfield v Abbeyfeale
    Waterpark v Castleisland-Corca Dhuibhne
    Kanturk v Clanwilliam
    u19 Pan Munster
    Nenagh v Youghal-Dungarvan
    Kanturk v Highfield
    Bandon v Garryowen
    Sundays Well v Clonmel

Sun 3
    u19 Pan Munster
    Clanwilliam v Bruff
    Tralee v Young Munster-Ennis
    Cork Con v Waterpark
    u17 Pan Munster
    Nenagh v Listowel
    Midleton v Old Crescent
    Clonakilty v Garryowen
    Tralee v Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

U19 Pan Munster Kanturk 12 Highfield 20

u19
    group a
    kanturk 12 highfield 20
    group c
    sundays well 12 clonmel 11
    group d
    thomond scr abbeyfeale w/o
    u17 group d
    tralee 25 ennis 13
    kanturk 29 clanwilliam 7

I would imagine ye are not perfect either and concede/cancel games as well.

My squad rarely cancel games as we can't afford to do so. That's why we are willing to travel a lot as Kerry clubs even if they don't want to come up here, need good opposition from Cork. Other Kerry clubs struggle for regular fixtures even against local clubs so that's why we want good relationships down there. The under 11s age group especially need to fulfil away dates as Listowel (who's team are over 50% percent girls this season which is interesting), Killarney, Castleisland and Tralee only field teams in this age group and there aren't regular blitz/club day meetings that they get occur in the other age groups. Kerry clubs getting an invite to pan Munster under 10s at Rockwell is a big thing.

Another big thing in my club is the post match. The clubs that look after us when we travel to them we reciprocate by providing sandwiches + drinks, coaches get to mingle. The clubs that don't no one goes back to the clubhouse.

Good results for Tralee so far in both age groups. Garryowen after their heavy loss to Tralee took their frustrations out on Castleisland-Corca Dhuibhne in the under 17s last weekend with an 84-3 win. This shows that Tralee aren't mugs.

Youths - Munster Under 19 League Group B
    DATE TIME HOME SCORE AWAY VENUE REPORT DETAILS
    27/01/2013 14:00 Garryowen
    14 - 5
    Youghal Dooradoyle info
    Youths - Munster Under 19 League Group C
    02/02/2013 12:30 Sundays Well
    12 - 11
    Clonmel Mahon info
    02/02/2013 12:00 Tralee
    28 - 5
    Young Munster - Ennis Tralee info
    Youths - Munster Under 17 League Group A
    02/02/2013 19:00 Galbally
    16 - 15
    Bruff Galbally info
    Youths - Munster Under 17 League Group C

My squad rarely cancel games as we can't afford to do so. That's why we are willing to travel a lot as Kerry clubs even if they don't want to come up here, need good opposition from Cork. Other Kerry clubs struggle for regular fixtures even against local clubs so that's why we want good relationships down there. The under 11s age group especially need to fulfil away dates as Listowel (who's team are over 50% percent girls this season which is interesting), Killarney, Castleisland and Tralee only field teams in this age group and there aren't regular blitz/club day meetings that they get occur in the other age groups. Kerry clubs getting an invite to pan Munster under 10s at Rockwell is a big thing.

Another big thing in my club is the post match. The clubs that look after us when we travel to them we reciprocate by providing sandwiches + drinks, coaches get to mingle. The clubs that don't no one goes back to the clubhouse.
    Dont be so holier than thou. I would imagine that ye are not perfect. The way youre posting it sounds like its all the other clubs at fault and ye do no wrong which i can be sure in saying is rubbish. Again if ye are looking for fixtures look in the munster youths red book and contact nenagh youth officer. Im sure we'll oblige ye with a game.
    Contact the west munster youths committee or munster youths committee about arranging fixtures.
    Good results for Tralee so far in both age groups. Garryowen after their heavy loss to Tralee took their frustrations out on Castleisland-Corca Dhuibhne in the under 17s last weekend with an 84-3 win. This shows that Tralee aren't mugs.

Munster Under 19 League
    Group B
    Garryowen 14 Youghal 5
    Group C
    Sundays Well 12 Clonmel 11
    Tralee 28 Young Munster - Ennis 5
    Munster Under 17 League
    Group A
    Galbally 16 Bruff 15
    Tralee are a fine side with some of yere players already having played for munster a schools and should be playing with munster youths in september

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Waterpark lost to Cork Con today, 10-9. Super match it has to be said, both teams played very well with Con taking their chance and 'Park not taking their's the only real difference.

KJY wrote: »
    Waterpark lost to Cork Con today, 10-9. Super match it has to be said, both teams played very well with Con taking their chance and 'Park not taking their's the only real difference.
    Waterpark may struggle to get through now. Have to beat Abbeyfeale in Abbeyfeale to qualify.
    what are Con like? First time theyve been in pan munster at either age group i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

Clonakilty beat Garryowen in the u17 pan 22-5 , anymore reasults on the u17 pan munster comp would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement