Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Ok, how would the negative equity owner in the example, use his 200k wealth in the house, to buy a 200k boat for example. You say he has wealth to be taxed on, so answer that.

As i said, you cant. Simply because the owner is paying tax on wealth he does not possess.

Your slithery, i`l give you that.

As slithery as a snake in a bucket of snot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alastair wrote: »
    That mere €3 billion per annum is of no use to Freddies distopian future!

€20Bn deficit - and rising. €3Bn income. This is senior infants maths Alastair. I hope we're not relying on YOU in any shape or form for the future.

My home country is this one - but thanks for ramping up the delusion quota a notch further.

OK - the country you resided in. You did the exact same thing that you're castigating people for doing here. A tad hypocritical my friend? And BTW, delusional doesn't even begin to cover you ignoring our borrowings of €400m a week. But keep digging anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Freddie59 wrote: »
    €20Bn deficit - and rising. €3Bn income. This is senior infants maths Alastair. I hope we're not relying on YOU in any shape or form for the future.

Well his question avoidance, and answering questions not asked, would indicate possible political links.

Yes, how does the home owner access this wealth that this new tax is based on alastair?

@Freddie He knows he is caught by the balls, the answer he gave for that, can not be used for the negative equity owner. And he knows it. So you will just get the question avoiding answer.

True Robbie. It just gets more surreal really. Completely oblivious to our growing deficit, lecturing others for doing what he did when he was taking the Queen's shilling - and he thinks OTHERS are delusional?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No specific post needed. We already seen your failed spell checking to try discredit a few posters blow up in your face, and asking posters to answer simple yes or no answers, while not able to yourself, to see why another poster came up with the comical ali name.

And how you did not know that road tax is motor tax, and you say a home owner can sell his house to access the wealth in it, which a negative equity owner cant, but you still insist the owner has wealth to be taxed on. Either there is some problem with you, or your trolling.

Professional trolling by the look of it. Or just totally out of touch. Probably the latter.

Professional trolling by the look of it. Or just totally out of touch. Probably the latter.

Its absolutely one of the two anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

We get it Freddie. Message received load and clear. Do you have to post exactly the same point every couple of pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

True Robbie. It just gets more surreal really. Completely oblivious to our growing deficit, lecturing others for doing what he did when he was taking the Queen's shilling - and he thinks OTHERS are delusional?:rolleyes:
    He was in the UK armed forces?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No specific post needed. We already seen your failed spell checking to try discredit a few posters blow up in your face, and asking posters to answer simple yes or no answers, while not able to yourself, to see why another poster came up with the comical ali name.

And how you did not know that road tax is motor tax, and you say a home owner can sell his house to access the wealth in it, which a negative equity owner cant, but you still insist the owner has wealth to be taxed on. Either there is some problem with you, or your trolling.

Trolling? I'm not the one suggesting the only alternative to home ownership is a place on the council house list! :D

There's no such thing as road tax. Don't how often this needs to be stated.

The basic process of accessing the wealth in a property is open to all owners - regardless of whether they're in positive equity or negative equity.

Let me put it to you in terms you might grasp:

I owe 5 apples.

I have access to 3 apples or I have access to none.

Which scenario puts me in the better position in relation to my overall apple debt/asset ratio? The wealth is contained in the asset - in this case apples.

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    We get it Freddie. Message received load and clear. Do you have to post exactly the same point every couple of pages?

I'd say 'yes'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 slapstick

Bingo! It's a wealth tax.

define wealth please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Thanks to whoever fixed my incorrect posting of where Phil Hogan stated where the money is going.Apologies..
    It's Easter Sunday and a lot of you have spent a LOT of time on this thread. Scary actually.
    We're discuissing an opinion. I'm sticking to mine.

OK - the country you resided in. You did the exact same thing that you're castigating people for doing here. A tad hypocritical my friend?

Not at all. The property tax is not the poll tax. They're entirely different animals - one patently unfair, the other not. It's no more hypocritical than a judgment call in any other circumstance.

slapstick wrote: »
    define wealth please

market value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

Trolling? I'm not the one suggesting the only alternative to home ownership is a place on the council house list! :D

The basic process of accessing the wealth in a property is open to all owners - regardless of whether they're in positive equity or negative equity.

I owe 5 apples.

Which scenario puts me in the better position in relation to my overall apple debt/asset ratio? The wealth is contained in the asset - in this case apples.

i left this thread last week. just popped back in and Alastair is still here?

is someone paying you to stay in this thread? who would give so much time/effort in this thread. do you have a life outside boards alastair?

will check back next week to see how he is doing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

market value.

That's how you define wealth.

Sheeps wrote: »
    I'd pay €100 per house that I own. That's not too much at all. Even to have the street outside my house swept on a regular basis it's worth it, with out even bringing the fire and other emergency services in to it. Also, I live opposite a nice park. I would like people to pay their taxes so that that park is maintained to it's current standards and so that I can continue to enjoy it.

where do you reckon the money came from to "sweep the street and maintain the park to it`s current standard" up until now ? so you`re happy to pay again for servives you`ve already been paying for and will continue to pay for

hondasam wrote: »
    That's how you define wealth.

In this context - yes.

I never suggested anything there mr twister
    Yea, but of course there is a car owners tax, because you say there is for your little arguements.

A person with a negative equity home has no wealth. But you can continue believing they do.

I owe 5 apples.

Nice use of the word grasp. Both answers to your apple question are negative. So it is a tax on a non wealth position then, as i and others suspected.

• Advertisement

k.eithM89 wrote: »
    liberal wanker fool

Sockpuppetry is kind of old - ignore button for you.

market value.

really ? that`s how you`d define wealth ? the market value of a persons home is your definition of wealth ?

I never suggested anything there mr twister
    Of course you didn't. :rolleyes:
    A person with a negative equity home has no wealth. But you can continue believing they do.
    The have the wealth contained in their property - that's far from no wealth.

Nice use of the word grasp. Both answers to your apple question are negative. So it is a tax on a non wealth position then, as i and others suspected.
    The tax is on the wealth contained in the asset. It gets boring repeating the same simple fact over and over.

Originally Posted by k.eithM89
    liberal wanker fool

Sockpuppetry is kind of old - ignore button for you.

At your level of genius, i thought you would realise the ignore button wont be needed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

In this context - yes.

Just because you live in a big house does not mean you can now afford it or that you are wealthy. I don't think it's as simple as this tbh.

slapstick wrote: »
    really ? that`s how you`d define wealth ? the market value of a persons home is your definition of wealth ?

In this context - yeah. You'd rather Uncle McScrooge in his vault full of cash and gold?

hondasam wrote: »
    Just because you live in a big house does not mean you can now afford it or that you are wealthy. I don't think it's as simple as this tbh.

Big House/Small house - both contain wealth. Again the asset contains the wealth.

The have the wealth contained in their property - that's far from no wealth.

Ok. 300k mortgage. 200k property that the mortgage is a lien on, calculate the owners wealth?

Shouldnt take long. Use the windows calculator.

At your level of genius, i thought you would realise the ignore button wont be needed there.

I'm supposed to have the gift of seeing into the future? That's beyond genius - or you're a bit slow on the uptake? Hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Th.e opinion of Alistaire and such is that because I own a property I own wealth..Yeah?..The fact that I have a property I have DEBT.I have a mortgage that I have to pay every month.
    Let me get ahead of Alistaire. Yeah but you have property wealth., So could everyone,and I mean everyone in this country if they chose.They could have all taken out a mortgage if they chose,however the easier method was to get LA housing,which I was entitled to,however the right way for this country was not to do that.The right thing was to take care of myself and my family,pay my taxes and developement fees, which crippled me,and take pride in what I did. I have paid over and over and over..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement