Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jaysus, I dunno guys I'm losing the faith here :( I love the team but these episodes are sapping my resolve, one corridor at a time. It's coasting entirely on the goodwill for the characters cos the Izel / Chronicon arcs are garbage. Doing my best to stay enthusiastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do find it funny how all spaceships seem to be built to the same design. Like the Chronocon ship is the same as Deke's sim. On a sidenote, I did appreciate Deke's tribute to Daisy in that sim

• Registered Users Posts: 60,353 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Weak enough ending to the season.

However FCUK YEA!!! to season 7 set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Weak enough ending to the season.

However FCUK YEA!!! to season 7 set up.

Those 2 eps where fantastic. Wish Season 7 was starting NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Didn't like the season that much, setup for next season is good. Agents really doesn't like to kill off main characters anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

does Clark Gregg have naked pictures of the writers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Pretty weak wrap up that was saved by the set up for next season and also it let them deflect from having to explain anything
    once they had dealt with Izel and Sarge...the shrike just disappear and what about Flint..dont worry about that..hey everyone look..Empire Estate Building..fancy Zephyr upgrades..oh time travel drive, OMG its Coulson annnddd close :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've watched enough TV at this stage to be sick of mediocre stories inserting the "shocking" last moment as a cynical ploy to prop up a subpar season.

Rubbish finale with a rubbish villain, and the last 10 minutes basically resetting the entire arc, desperately trying to set up equally rubbish secondary villains. Enoch was fun, but the Chronicons were just scowling heavies stomping around the recycled Confederacy set.

Season 7 is going to be watched because I've journeyed with these likeable characters, but the stories are total pants. The show is almost as bad as season 1 (though at least it had a budget)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm guessing Season 7 will have Fitz and the rest (probably including Piper and Flint) in the present and the rest of the gang renting out ABC's 20s wardrobes...

The Chronobores are what's wrong with Big Bads in many shows - where delivery is monotone as if a lack of emotion is itself threatening. No, it's boring. One of my favourite villains of the last while is Lucifer in Supernatural because they play him full of energy. Give the villains some charisma!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Chronicons remind me of the Observers in Fringe. Is the last season of AOS going to be like the last season of Fringe?

• Advertisement

ABC is in active talks with Marvel to bring a female superhero to series after AOS finishes.

I'll say now bring back Agent Carter and set it in the 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

ABC is in active talks with Marvel to bring a female superhero to series after AOS finishes.

I'll say now bring back Agent Carter and set it in the 60's.

With Captain America hiding in the basement?

Seems like Endgames totally F'ed time travel plot has kinda nuked Carter being possible, given her life is now intrinsically linked with Steve Rogers. The TV series are practically allergic to actual MCU links.

She Hulk might be a good bet; ground level stakes given the character operates as a lawyer, gives the show a natural procedural element.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Seems like Endgames totally F'ed time travel plot has kinda nuked Carter being possible, given her life is now intrinsically linked with Steve Rogers. The TV series are practically allergic to actual MCU links.

She Hulk might be a good bet; ground level stakes given the character operates as a lawyer, gives the show a natural procedural element.

Can't see them doing something like that, way too high profile to be introduced on TV (not Disney+).

More likely be something along the lines of Cloak and Dagger level characters or maybe even a Quake spin-off. No character with real name recognition.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Can't see them doing something like that, way too high profile to be introduced on TV (not Disney+).

More likely be something along the lines of Cloak and Dagger level characters or maybe even a Quake spin-off. No character with real name recognition.

I dunno, bar the name SheHulk tends to be ground level and quite beyond the scale of the MCU level heroes. And her courtroom career isn't natural cinema material anyway.

Kamela Khan would also be a good one, her character is very popular ATM, ditto Squirrel Girl (though I think I read she WAS on the way)

Squirrel Girl was due to appear in New Warriors but that has run into a few problems. Milana Vayntrub was cast to play her

I dunno, bar the name SheHulk tends to be ground level and quite beyond the scale of the MCU level heroes. And her courtroom career isn't natural cinema material anyway.

Kamela Khan would also be a good one, her character is very popular ATM, ditto Squirrel Girl (though I think I read she WAS on the way)

I feel anything Hulk related is too close to the movies and I'd expect Marvel to fear causing confusion.

Think Squirrel Girl was supposed to be a part of New Warriors show but it got postponed. Not sure if it was totally killed off.

Kamela Khan could be a good shout though. Could be reasonably marketable and unlikely to be used elsewhere.

Funny that ABC suddenly interested in Marvel shows after spending years trying to bury AoS.

I can't remember if I shared it on this thread, but Agents of SHIELD scored higher as a brand than any other US show (even GoT IIRC), it has always been a wonder why the studio had the knives our for it. Well, apart from it being a (formerly) expensive show with a small live audience.

I'd say the desire will be to skew young; the Netflix shows were a dud and evidence the mature angle doesn't pull in an audience. Khan, Squirrel Girl et al would be natural fits for that younger demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CBR list America Chavez as a possibility, she’s only really been in the comics since 2011 and has lately been in a few of the Marvel Rising animated movies and shorts.

Yeah, I was thinking of the whole Marvel Rising part as well. Haven't seen the cartoon but the comics have America Chavez, Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel and Quake, as well as a couple others. America is also part of the West Coast Avengers with Kate Bishop, who's in the new Hawkeye series, and Gwenpool. I seriously doubt they would do Gwenpool.
    One thing going against America is she comes across as being too powerful at times. I haven't read the standalone comics, but in West Coast Avengers and Marvel Rising she seems pretty tough to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Fell behind!

6.11: Macks Kid!.. I think ..right?! From the Harley episode? Guessing the finale is gonna be a Coulson Vs Izel battle... with maybe the return of Coulson after the creature inside leaves.

Slydice wrote: »
    Fell behind!

6.11: Macks Kid!.. I think ..right?! From the Harley episode? Guessing the finale is gonna be a Coulson Vs Izel battle... with maybe the return of Coulson after the creature inside leaves.

Nope, the inhuman from the future in season 5. With the rock manipulation powers. Mack's kid was a girl named "Hope" (cos this show wasn't immune to clumsy metaphor :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6.12: Ah no! Not May! I was thinking Sarge would turn so I was guessing it was gonna be a tragedy style levelling up for May. I dunno now.

Dekes heroic jump into action speech and moment was kinda good. Good scene writing there.

Have no clue what the end bits in these episodes with the chronicoms are leading to.

Boom, and there we go; Khan it is sure enough. A Disney+ show, headed by Bisha K Ali (4 weddings and a funeral TV series)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ms-marvel-series-works-disney-1234216

She Hulk and Moon Knight shows have just been announced
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/she-hulk-moon-knight-ms-marvel-disney-series-in-development-d23-1202703050/

Teaser trailer for the final season.

What you can't see is my smug face right about now ;) Told ya, though I hadn't thought they would have BOTH SheHulk and Kamela.

Re. the SHIELD trailer, hope that wasn't just from the first two episodes - and the rest are in The Lighthouse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Looks like the ghost rider thing is already canned.

• Advertisement

kerplun k wrote: »
    Looks like the ghost rider thing is already canned.

I wasn't overly enthusiastic about the prospect of the series. Worked well as part of the AoS but not sure it would work as a standalone series, unless they went the Netflix R rated direction

Advertisement