Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

When I calculated how the remaining fixtures were going to go recently, I arrived at the conclusion that the best we can "realistically" achieve is to finish two points behind Dundalk. That's giving both ourselves, and Limerick, a win against them.

The league is over. I say we rest a few lads so they're fresher for the Quarter Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Semi final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

The Derry match is Friday, the semi-final is Sunday week. That 9 days is plenty of time for players to recover. If we rest them for this one, then they'll have gone nearly three weeks without playing since our last game was over a week ago. If anyone has any knocks or anything, then fair enough. But if they're otherwise fit, then there's absolutely no need for them to be taking a break. They're not made of glass. If you're too afraid to play a player due to potential injuries, then they shouldn't be signed in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Cork City is Ireland biggest club every game is a game that we want to win. Derry Friday is no different I want a big performance from all the lads and a good win which we are capable of resting players for the cup game would be a mistake.
    Derry will be a tough nut though especially after them beating Rovers they will be coming down with confidence

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Semi final :)

Touché. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,154 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ye are getting an extra allocation of tickets for the semi final lads.

Hope ye lose :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Mushy wrote: »
    Ye are getting an extra allocation of tickets for the semi final lads.

Hope ye lose :-)

I know our initial allocation was 700, I was thinking we would be doing very well to get 600 up there but there must be a big demand for tickets if ye sent down more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Brutal!

Play like that next week and Bray will beat us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No effort or anything. An awful game.

They better give us a cup final as a reward for sitting through that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

City gotta hang on for another 3 mins, despite Dan Murray's best efforts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,423 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ROAD TRIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Come on City!!!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Fantastic result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What date is the final?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What date is the final?

8-Nov

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Worztron wrote: »
    8-Nov
    In the aviva? Hopefully get a decent crowd

MrMac84 wrote: »
    In the aviva? Hopefully get a decent crowd

Lansdowne Road. Yes.

About 20,000 I say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Some feeling getting into another final. 2007 feels like a long time ago. Really should've put Bray away earlier, but sure, 1-0 is more than good enough. Great crowd travelled up, must have been 800+. It's these kinds of away trips that you live for as a football fan.

There were about 25,000 at the 2005 Cup Final in the old Lansdowne. Tickets were €25 for that, as far as I remember. They're a tenner now. You'd think we'd bring a similar crowd to what we brought that time (although, maybe less since we were chasing a double then), Dundalk would bring much more than what Drogheda did and the two best teams for the last two years would be a bigger draw for the neutrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

What I remember from the final in 2005 is that on a pitch like Lansdowne pace is crucial.

Need Morrissey, Sheppard and Dennehy fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Fair play Morrissey. two seasons ago he did really well when given a run in the team. I hope that he now starts all the remaining games for the season he is a really good player and the pressure that was on him vs bray was huge as he hadn't hardly kicked a ball all year and to come up with the winner shows great bottle. Hoping for a good win vs Drogs now Friday want to keep up the good recent form

It'd be great if City signed Richie Towell. What are the chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Zero.

I heard that Towell and Horgan could both be on there way to Bolton Wanderers. I don't no how true the rumour is, but it's about time someone across the water took a gamble on him/them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Wilberto wrote: »
    I heard that Towell and Horgan could both be on there way to Bolton Wanderers. I don't no how true the rumour is, but it's about time someone across the water took a gamble on him/them.
    Now or never for Towell to go over will turn 25 next July. Horgan turned 23 in August

We should stop worrying about Towell and Horgan and start worrying about sorting out our own team and style of play.

Tickets for the cup final went on sale today, €10 a pop is excellent value. I'd urge everyone to buy tickets for section 114 or 115 as these have been designated as singing/standing sections, get in there and create an athmosphere cause we are going to need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

CHealy wrote: »
    We should stop worrying about Towell and Horgan and start worrying about sorting out our own team and style of play.

Tickets for the cup final went on sale today, €10 a pop is excellent value. I'd urge everyone to buy tickets for section 114 or 115 as these have been designated as singing/standing sections, get in there and create an athmosphere cause we are going to need it.

No point guys going to these sections unless they are willing to sing for the 90+ minutes

Cape Clear wrote: »
    No point guys going to these sections unless they are willing to sign for the 90+ minutes

Whatever about signing, its getting them to sing is what we need.

CHealy wrote: »

Who's "worrying" about Towell and Horgan? I think you may have missed my point, which is odd considering it's there in black and white.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Who's "worrying" about Towell and Horgan? I think you may have missed my point, which is odd considering it's there in black and white.

You posted a full comment on Towell and Horgans situation, that would say to me that you are more worried about where they end up rather than the team City put togheter. Seeing as this is a Cork City FC thread I would say its in black and white that I am correct. You can take your smary reply and you know where to put it.

Advertisement