Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A loss for the Commsndos this week to the table toppers. I've given the lads a bollicking and sent them home - 28 points will win you **** all lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I need one point from Clyne for a draw, two for a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Lemlin wrote: »
    A loss for the Commsndos this week to the table toppers. I've given the lads a bollicking and sent them home - 28 points will win you **** all lads!

It was touch and go after yesterdays games but today couldn't have gone any better for me with Bony, Downing and Hutton all doing well.

If RoryC and Gillespie Road both lose as it looks likely they will I'll have a 6 point lead at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

irish son wrote: »
    It was touch and go after yesterdays games but today couldn't have gone any better for me with Bony, Downing and Hutton all doing well.

If RoryC and Gillespie Road both lose as it looks likely they will I'll have a 6 point lead at the top.

You must remember there are no trophies handed out at Christmas, its a very dangerous game to think its done and dusted at this stage.

Me, well I am 25 points ahead of Thunderdog with his Rooney the only player to play in MNF.
    Iv already told the lads to relax, the points are in the bag and Erzgebirge Scrooge are finally moving out of 18 upwards, truth be known I knew last week the way he was set up I shouldn't have much trouble.
    Anyway the Christmas party is back on, and there is a feel good factor around the place again, one of the back room staff was asked me today " daddy, why didn't you spill any tea or be angry this week during Soccer Saturday?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

43 37 win for me 4 wins in a row now 6pts off top spot.

I need one point from Clyne for a draw, two for a win.

Clyne delivers one point and a draw. Not a win, but at least it stops the run of defeats.

Lucky I have an easy game next against Swiper :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Claiming my 2nd win in 3 gws, the rejuvenation continues :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

43 37 win for me 4 wins in a row now 6pts off top spot.

No still 9 pts off the top and 6 pts from the drop. Up to 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Woohoo, back up to second!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

This is so tight :eek: !
    Only 3 pts between 7th and 17th !!!

Playing jeju in a 6 pointer relegation battle. We have very different teams (only 3 players in common) so it's wide open. You start with the advantage of not necessarily needing a hit...

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    This is so tight :eek: !
    Only 3 pts between 7th and 17th !!!

Playing jeju in a 6 pointer relegation battle. We have very different teams (only 3 players in common) so it's wide open. You start with the advantage of not necessarily needing a hit...
    Given the lads a day off to record the Christmas song; I have a good settled bunch now and looking for a run of results before I wield the axe in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I can saw with a lot of confidence that I am home and hosed this week, sooner or later has had a mare and I'm ticking along quite nicely.

Leading Journeymen 64-48. 16 point with his Naylor, Baines, Siggy and Kane vs my Green Eriksen and RVP. Not just home and hosed yet but well favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

FHFC wrote: »
    Leading Journeymen 64-48. 16 point with his Naylor, Baines, Siggy and Kane vs my Green Eriksen and RVP. Not just home and hosed yet but well favourite.

16 points is a huge lead, you could have this wrapped up by half 3 tomorrow if RVP gets a goal

Boots234 wrote: »
    16 points is a huge lead, you could have this wrapped up by half 3 tomorrow if RVP gets a goal

You've a few potential big scorers there though. Wouldn't call it yet, need a return from RVP or Eriksen to be safe.

5th win on the bounce for me against Leeds the way. He had no luck Dzeko zabeletta and azpil. He also has Ramsey.

Bloody league leader looks like he's unstoppable this week again, with yourself winning as well FHFC I can only hope to move into third place. I'd have settled or that at this stage if you asked at the beginning of the year.

The current top 7 are all leading their games so far. Could see a little break from the peloton this week.

iroced wrote: »
    I'm in a good position leading 55-45 after subs come in.

His Henderson & Kane vs my Naylor, Baines, Siggy & Eriksen. Should be OK. But who knows... The game has been unexpectedly crazy lately so one can expect anything or nothing at all :pac:...

Tough luck jeju though with Azpi not playing replaced by Janmaat -1 and Ramsey injury (surprised you didn't move him out though since he's out for a month, maybe you're not a pts hit man :p)

• Advertisement

I can saw with a lot of confidence that I am home and hosed this week, sooner or later has had a mare and I'm ticking along quite nicely.

Been having a whole herd of mares :(

My last seven weeks now read LLLLLDL which is (a) surely some kind of record and (b) 300 in roman numerals

If eriksen has a quiet game I should take the three points from Gillespie Road.

I've my tie won it appears. Leading The Bottlers 59-33 and I've five to go. Opponent only has Siggy and Mata. I have Siggy so he needs the 26+ from Mata.

Barring a cluster**** from Baines, I should have the three points in my match with Gillespie Road after subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

FHFC wrote: »
    You've a few potential big scorers there though. Wouldn't call it yet, need a return from RVP or Eriksen to be safe.

Congrats on your fantastic score this week. I have 65 points at the moment with no transfers and I'm still 30 points behind you!

5 wins in a row the boys are feeling confident. However its as tough as it gets next week an away game in Cavan against Lemlins boys. The lads have been told if we can get a win down there it will be a party bus back to dublin ahead of their xmas party. Lose and there will be no party.

• Advertisement

5 wins in a row the boys are feeling confident. However its as tough as it gets next week an away game in Cavan against Lemlins boys. The lads have been told if we can get a win down there it will be a party bus back to dublin ahead of their xmas party. Lose and there will be no party.

Your bus won't be leaving Cavan if the Commandos lose! We have one loss in the last five and four wins so both teams are going well.

After 3 defeats in a row, my second win in a row now. Looks like I'm bound to be even (8 wins for 8 defeats now). The max difference was 2 defeats more 2 GWs ago...

I'm beating the team third from bottom this week (The Bottlers) so it should allow anyone else getting a win to put a bit of space between yourself and the trapdoor. I'll be ten points off relegation following this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm beating the team third from bottom this week (The Bottlers) so it should allow anyone else getting a win to put a bit of space between yourself and the trapdoor. I'll be ten points off relegation following this weekend.

6 wins in a row at the start of the season, followed by 10 defeats in a row.

I wasn't as good as the start suggested, and I'm not as bad as the most recent run suggests either :)

There are 8 teams with less points than me in the league, and the guy winning it is only 11 points ahead of my overall score.

H2H is a cruel mistress :(

Iago wrote: »
    6 wins in a row at the start of the season, followed by 10 defeats in a row.

I wasn't as good as the start suggested, and I'm not as bad as the most recent run suggests either :)

There are 8 teams with less points than me in the league, and the guy winning it is only 11 points ahead of my overall score.

H2H is a cruel mistress :(

Your lads are taking an ungodly beating this week though. It's the worse the Commandos have given out since we ripped up a certain foxy fiend :pac:

• Advertisement

Your lads are taking an ungodly beating this week though. It's the worse the Commandos have given out since we ripped up a certain foxy fiend :pac:

More material for the dressing room wall before week 23. Your Ulster mind games won't work on my boys at all. I won't ask if you've checked the table lately;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

This unfortunately is true :(

More material for the dressing room wall before week 23. Your Ulster mind games won't work on my boys at all. I won't ask if you've checked the table lately;)

I'll check the table in GW38 when its worth looking at.

I'll check the table in GW38 when its worth looking at.

For somebody who only cares about end of season ranking you're getting fierce mileage out of that narrow victory you had back in September;)

For somebody who only cares about end of season ranking you're getting fierce mileage out of that narrow victory you had back in September;)

"Narrow" is a very poor description. "Massive" would be more apt. I wouldn't call it a "victory" either. I'd call what you got a severe beating.

You brought up the table, not me. The table doesn't matter until GW38. Results do of course matter.

No wonder you're such a poor manager :pac:

"Narrow" is a very poor description. "Massive" would be more apt. I wouldn't call it a "victory" either. I'd call what you got a severe beating.

You brought up the table, not me. The table doesn't matter until GW38. Results do of course matter.

No wonder you're such a poor manager :pac:

New insult duly noted, I won't even need a team talk.

New insult duly noted, I won't even need a team talk.

Your comebacks are as poor as your team were when my lads hammered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Only a year and a half away from the promised land :)

Only a year and a half away from the promised land :)

Make sure you enjoy your one season up here when you finally make it ☺

I screwed up, point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Make sure you enjoy your one season up here when you finally make it ☺

I'll blow up before the end of the season let alone get back to back promotions :pac:

I'll blow up before the end of the season let alone get back to back promotions :pac:

It's my first time playing h2h and I hope I don't get relegated as it will be very hard to get promoted. It's all about playing the right people at the right time.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I know people have me down as a lost cause but I haven't given up yet. Desperate to stay up, cause getting promoted back up will be a lot tougher.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Up against lemlin very similar teams only two differences
    Me DDG Ings
    Lemlin Green Bony
    Lemlin has yaya capt and I have eriksen.

I've only had 4 players and my captain hasn't even played yet but I've won this week already, Daithijjj is having a nightmare.
    Hopefully Irish Son gets shown some manners this week:p

Up against lemlin very similar teams only two differences
    Me DDG Ings
    Lemlin Green Bony
    Lemlin has yaya capt and I have eriksen.

my 5 game winning run is over eriksen captain let me down .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I've only had 4 players and my captain hasn't even played yet but I've won this week already, Daithijjj is having a nightmare.
    Hopefully Irish Son gets shown some manners this week:p

It'll be close, I'm up 18 but my opponent has Terry, Dummett, Hazard and Costa extra to play.

Actually I think he's favourite :(

FHFC looks like he's a beaten docket this week. I'll be up to second unless Fab scores about 20 points. It'd be nice to see Irish son lose to pull him back a little. Lemlin is still breathing down my neck after seeing off busts in this weeks glamour clash.

FHFC looks like he's a beaten docket this week. I'll be up to second unless Fab scores about 20 points. It'd be nice to see Irish son lose to pull him back a little. Lemlin is still breathing down my neck after seeing off busts in this weeks glamour clash.

Xmas is when things get serious for the Commandos. It's the same every season.

• Advertisement

Xmas is when things get serious for the Commandos. It's the same every season.

You're already inside the top 10k, have you regularly been doing so well at this stage? Can you recall how high you were at Christmas the year you finished around 300.

Advertisement