Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

dahat wrote: »
    Sopcasy links work but Acestream won't, something to do with the engine acestream use, I tried endless times but gave up and a few Google searches confirmed that it isn't compatible with Openelc.

Acestream on Openelec works for me!

Maybe rather than a compatability issue with Openelec, it an issue with your hardware? I'm running on Intel NUC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Acestream on Openelec works for me!

Maybe rather than a compatability issue with Openelec, it an issue with your hardware? I'm running on Intel NUC.

M8 and MX3 boxes. Likely hardware then if that is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

M8 and MX3 boxes. Likely hardware then if that is the case.

Acestream discontinued their ARM engine.
    Someone else is trying to revive it and is looking for source, that was in January, haven't heard anything at all since. Duckie13 or Duck13 or something like that was the username.

Allyall wrote: »
    Acestream discontinued their ARM engine.
    Someone else is trying to revive it and is looking for source, that was in January, haven't heard anything at all since. Duckie13 or Duck13 or something like that was the username.

If it does appear and works the Open Elec really would be the perfect solution for Kodi. Hopefully it does get revived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks man,

is it this link OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.0.zip not the update.zip one I use? I just unzip that file then to an sd and the usual flashing method then, correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

I have the same issue. I downloaded the parsers as a zip file and installed them but they stopped working months ago, just get script error anytime that I try to use them. However, I can view Acestream channels through Woody and vdubt25 no problem so I'm thinking that Acestream itself is ok but that the parsers are outdated/gone?

rob316 wrote: »
    Thanks man,

is it this link OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.0.zip not the update.zip one I use? I just unzip that file then to an sd and the usual flashing method then, correct?

Yep,flash in via recovery as per normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Yep,flash in via recovery as per normal.

Is it the toothpick method you use? Have done it before on an mx2 but not an mx3. Can openelec go straight on the mx3? I was told with the mx2 I had to put matricom 1.1.6 on it first and then openelec. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

BandMember wrote: »
    I have the same issue. I downloaded the parsers as a zip file and installed them but they stopped working months ago, just get script error anytime that I try to use them. However, I can view Acestream channels through Woody and vdubt25 no problem so I'm thinking that Acestream itself is ok but that the parsers are outdated/gone?

try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l243UotWG2A

• Advertisement

Is it the toothpick method you use? Have done it before on an mx2 but not an mx3. Can openelec go straight on the mx3? I was told with the mx2 I had to put matricom 1.1.6 on it first and then openelec. Thanks

I put mine straight on over the ROM that came installed with the MX3 via toothpick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

For the mx3 2gb im using the s82 version here, should be a newer build than the previous link

http://amlinux.ru/image/5.0.3/

Theres an mx3 version listed but when i flashed it didnt boot just a black screen, running fine with the s82 version the past couple of days though

5500 wrote: »
    For the mx3 2gb im using the s82 version here, should be a newer build than the previous link

Theres an mx3 version listed but when i flashed it didnt boot just a black screen, running fine with the s82 version the past couple of days though

Good man, must update my own box with this.

5500 wrote: »

Should use this so for mx3 2gb not the other link ya?

Should use this so for mx3 2gb not the other link ya?

5.0.3 is newer so yes I would, installation is the same

just wondering for OpenELEC, to update is it a complete refresh and rebuild each time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Big Nelly wrote: »
    just wondering for OpenELEC, to update is it a complete refresh and rebuild each time?

Updated mine from OpenELEC-Amlogic.MK808B.Plus.arm-5.0.1-20150209 to OpenELEC-Amlogic.MK808B.Plus.arm-5.0.3-20150214 using instructions here http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC and kept all my addons and setting (only had a few before I updated).

I went from 5.0 with the update zip placed in update folder on openelec and all settings stead the same

Also just to add there's an MXQ build up there aswell, I have it running on a box here and have no problems to report, circa 700mb free ram as opposed to 300mb with stock android rom. Just make sure you have the beelink MXQ with the button on the top of the box not the other version thats available incase you brick trying to flash

If I find openelec is not for me, can I just flash an android rom over it easily?

Yep you can just flash back with the toothpick method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

try this: []

Thanks Big Nelly, I seem to be up and running now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

jay0109 wrote: »
    edit- actually have just now managed to get in without having done anything except trying again! But now getting a message saying Quartz is incompatible...which I ignored, and then the various menus populated.
    Don;t know whats going on!

The skin looks like it might be causing the conflict,try a compatible skin...Something light.

Just wondering, on skins when using the Confluence skin you have the favorites Star* in the bottom left cornor, I used to use this all the time...

Anyway I have moved to Aeon Nox skin and don't seem to have that option as part of the skin

Just wondering is there any other skin out there with the favorites option?

Going to do a bit of looking to see if I can add into Aeon Nox!!!

Just wondering, on skins when using the Confluence skin you have the favorites Star* in the bottom left cornor, I used to use this all the time...

Anyway I have moved to Aeon Nox skin and don't seem to have that option as part of the skin

It can indeed be added to the menu bar, nearly certain it is there by default when you first install the skin.

Also look for Aeon NOx by Silvo, he tweaked it quite a bit and it is a lot better than the standard one.

Yeah you can add a fav's section to a good few skins...Aeon Nox,MQ5,Black Glass etc,etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The item is being processed by customs

Dun dun dun...

I just cant seem to get Openelec to install on my MX3, its does the android flashing man then the Tronsmart logo pops up then screen goes to black.

I tried the mx3.arm and the s82.arm, no joy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mxq I got from gearbest seems to be fcuked. Doesn't power on anymore.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Mxq I got from gearbest seems to be fcuked. Doesn't power on anymore.

Try a different power supply. Well known issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Try a different power supply. Well known issue

Tried a couple. Burning smell coming from it now. Sent gearbest an message so will see what they say .

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Tried a couple. Burning smell coming from it now. Sent gearbest an message so will see what they say .

Ewwh. Burning smell pretty fatal I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Ewwh. Burning smell pretty fatal I'd say.

This happened me with a different box and none of the HDMI ports on my TV work anymore since :-(

I just cant seem to get Openelec to install on my MX3, its does the android flashing man then the Tronsmart logo pops up then screen goes to black.

I tried the mx3.arm and the s82.arm, no joy :(

Something not right there, my own shows the openelec logo first then kodi logo, no tronsmart. Try downloading the zip file again and reflashing

EDIT I just noticed the link posted on the Russian site is an updated build,the build date when I flashed was the 16th Feb I see its 18th now so maby better off going for the s82 5.0 version

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Installed openelec kodi on an mx2. Was working great and then all of a sudden the sound just stopped working. Had installed matricom 1.1.6 on in first. Had previously tried to install openelec on a different box and never had any sound. Had tried the gotham and kodi versions. Anyone got any fixes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

This is considered top of the current Android range, I'd go for it. You could save a bit from China but personally I'd take this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

You will get the X8 or the X8-H for a much better price on Amazon.

God that is some rip off, he is charging you over 50 euro to run a free wizard which take 2-3 mins to run......:confused:

God that is some rip off, he is charging you over 50 euro to run a free wizard which take 2-3 mins to run......:confused:

Does it state he's charging €50 extra for the wizard?Can't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

bazzz wrote: »

He means that the box is overpriced. You could buy the box and configure it yourself for 50 euro less at least. But you may not want to do that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Thanks lads, it's more about the spec of the box. I can configure it myself so will buy elsewhere. I will be running the usual apps on it & hoping to see improvement from my Apple TV 2 on HD Streams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Thanks lads, it's more about the spec of the box. I can configure it myself so will buy elsewhere. I will be running the usual apps on it & hoping to see improvement from my Apple TV 2 on HD Streams.

I'm using a Pipo x7. Its flawless so far!

Catmologen wrote: »
    He means that the box is overpriced. You could buy the box and configure it yourself for 50 euro less at least. But you may not want to do that...

The price of the box is what it is for small Irish based sellers,there's plenty to consider as to why the price is that.Mainly VAT and import costs,I don't see the €170 - €180 price tag as ripping off.
    There are lots of benefits of buying locally...better support,quick shipping,fast returns/replacements(if needed),no hidden fees,etc,etc.Plus the more people start supporting local business,the faster the prices can start to come down on all these products.
    Now before all the super scrimpers start jumping down my throat,I'm just voicing reality here.I help out a couple of businesses and I know what's involved for the Irish based ones and no I don't get paid for it.I usually bite my lip at some of the comments here.But I'd genuinely like to know what one or two of the regulars save here,by constantly buying plenty of sub-par boxes from overseas.
    Argue if you want,I'm honestly interested in how much you really save and how appropriate it is to resolve hardware issues....with overseas sellers.Thanx

P.S. I'm aware there are guys ripping people off big time,even here in Ireland.But lots are genuine and trying to develop good business....That quoted adverts post,states what's in the setup and how it was done.They are not ripping
    off people in my eyes...Big Nelly you make lots of these comments so I'm just referencing your post(not having a go).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'm using a Pipo x7. Its flawless so far!

Was reading on a forum about over-heating being a problem with these ?

Was thinking of getting one, but would be leaving it on all day (and maybe all night!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd be tempted to go for the pipo or something similar.
    Like the new windows tablets using the latest low cost Intel chips we're starting to see small desktops with same hardware/software. You should be able to get a decent windows setup for EUR 109-150.

If I needed a new under TV box I'd shop around for something similar to this http://www.banggood.com/VOYO-Smart-Mini-PC-Intel-Bay-Trail-T-CR-Z3735-Windows-8_1-Quad-Core-p-966824.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VOYO-Mini-PC-Windows-8-1-4K-Media-Player-Intel-Z3735F-2G-RAM-64G-ROM-WIFI-Bluetooth---White-341214.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭tritriagain

i have an mobie tv android box and its working great. just one problem . when i try and download a movie and have the download path as usb drive the movie appears to download but i cant find it once finished. if i change the path to internal storage it works and i can copy it over but would prefer to save direct to usb. the drive is fat32 formatted. any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Its actually not, I bought the X8h plus from gearbest in december, it was €113, and a2 airmouse cost me €22, Vat and an AnPost charge from customs was nearly €33, all in it was €167.
    He's offering the A2 lite, but its a minimal difference along with the M1 airmouse.
    Also at that time the exchange rate was 1.25/1.00, now its closer to 1.13/1.00

Were I looking to buy now, I'd be seriously looking at this as an option, seeing as it took mine 6 weeks to arrive from china.

The price of the box is what it is for small Irish based sellers,there's plenty to consider as to why the price is that.Mainly VAT and import costs,I don't see the €170 - €180 price tag as ripping off.
    There are lots of benefits of buying locally...better support,quick shipping,fast returns/replacements(if needed),no hidden fees,etc,etc.Plus the more people start supporting local business,the faster the prices can start to come down on all these products.
    Now before all the super scrimpers start jumping down my throat,I'm just voicing reality here.I help out a couple of businesses and I know what's involved for the Irish based ones and no I don't get paid for it.I usually bite my lip at some of the comments here.But I'd genuinely like to know what one or two of the regulars save here,by constantly buying plenty of sub-par boxes from overseas.
    Argue if you want,I'm honestly interested in how much you really save and how appropriate it is to resolve hardware issues....with overseas sellers.Thanx

P.S. I'm aware there are guys ripping people off big time,even here in Ireland.But lots are genuine and trying to develop good business....That quoted adverts post,states what's in the setup and how it was done.They are not ripping
    off people in my eyes...Big Nelly you make lots of these comments so I'm just referencing your post(not having a go).

Answer one question, what is this support you talk of? The guy on the link above is just running the TV add on's wizard, nothing else so how is he supporting anybody?

It is a complete rip off, all this person is doing is buying the box, running the wizard and then selling it on. So they are charging over 50 euro for a wizard that is not there, have they given any cash for each sale to the dev team for tv add on's? :p:p:p I think I can guess the answer to that

If you are helping people set up business then they are better looking at droidsticks etc for a business model, at least they actually add some value to the end user....not just a large price and nothing else.

You picked my post so I answered, I could give you loads more reasons why they are a complete rip off but don't have the time.....

Answer one question, what is this support you talk of? The guy on the link above is just running the TV add on's wizard, nothing else so how is he supporting anybody?

It is a complete rip off, all this person is doing is buying the box, running the wizard and then selling it on. So they are charging over 50 euro for a wizard that is not there, have they given any cash for each sale to the dev team for tv add on's? :p:p:p I think I can guess the answer to that

If you are helping people set up business then they are better looking at droidsticks etc for a business model, at least they actually add some value to the end user....not just a large price and nothing else.

You picked my post so I answered, I could give you loads more reasons why they are a complete rip off but don't have the time.....

I'm not going to argue....but I think you should read my post again.You are 100% wrong on the rip off in that case and so many other cases.You've been spreading this message the whole time and unless you know the actual costing for Irish businesses to import the boxes direct from the manufactures,including the VAT,import duties that's paid.
    Your whole support approach is wrong in many cases,I personally can tell you guys that buy from legit resellers in Ireland get great after sales support.You are tarring everyone with your not so well informed brush.That's not on,how can the small business grow in Ireland and offer competitive prices.When end users are being misinformed and directed outside of the country.
    I suppose I've contradicted myself by saying I'm not going to argue with you.As I said in my initial comment,I usually bite my lip and try not to comment....but this just had to be pointed out and yes it's my opinion...like you have yours.But I'm not looking for an argument,honestly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Invincible

Someone on here said before they were related to an android box seller on adverts, was it you by any chance bazz? :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement