Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

nightster1 wrote: »
    Can it take the charger and earphone jack?

Yep...both of them, perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LiamMc26

Hi. I bought an album last night via itunes on my iphone. When I sync my iphone with itunes on my PC the album is not being added to my itunes library. My apps, photos, contact etc are all synced onto my PC but the album won't transfer. Is there anything I can do? Apologies if it's a basic question - not much of a techie! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

LiamMc26 wrote: »
    Hi. I bought an album last night via itunes on my iphone. When I sync my iphone with itunes on my PC the album is not being added to my itunes library. My apps, photos, contact etc are all synced onto my PC but the album won't transfer. Is there anything I can do? Apologies if it's a basic question - not much of a techie! Thanks!

Open iTunes, plug in your iPhone and click the music tab at the top of the page and tick your new album...then sync.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LiamMc26

gartcork wrote: »
    Open iTunes, plug in your iPhone and click the music tab at the top of the page and tick your new album...then sync.

It wasn't syncing automatically so emailed helpdesk. All I had to do was hit file and select "Transfer Purchases from iPhone"....I knew it was something simple. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 chrisxii

the wife got a i phone she is looking for apps to download kids movies , toy story ... etc ,
    any help welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

try the itunes store on the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Geared 2 is free at the moment. Great puzzle game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Bad apps, can you lodge a complaint?

I purchased "Aircooled" from the App store, seemingly supposed to be a quizz about the history of the VW, the app freezes, and apparently it has very bad revues and similar complaints. Is there anyway you can claim back on principal for dud or stupid apps?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aircooled/id399224817?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Fantasy Football apps?

im using FFPoints,its free and decent enough,usually real time updating of points and you can see your league positions etc.

are there any other/better (paid or not) apps?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

barryd09 wrote: »
    Fantasy Football apps?

im using FFPoints,its free and decent enough,usually real time updating of points and you can see your league positions etc.

are there any other/better (paid or not) apps?

I use iFF, I find it really good, you can make transfers and view leagues fixtures and change your team around!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I use iFF, I find it really good, you can make transfers and view leagues fixtures and change your team around!

all within the app?or does it just open in a safari window to do transfers?
    FFPoints lets you view fixtures,results,a players points week by week basis but no transfers within the app as such.

all within the app?or does it just open in a safari window to do transfers?
    FFPoints lets you view fixtures,results,a players points week by week basis but no transfers within the app as such.

Yeah, all in dude, I'd recommend it for any FF heads out there! I checked a transfer I made on it, then logged in on my laptop and the team changes and the transfer had taken place!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah, all in dude, I'd recommend it for any FF heads out there! I checked a transfer I made on it, then logged in on my laptop and the team changes and the transfer had taken place!

nice one,will grab that so!

I got that app you were on about Mr Moon.
    Its putting the same teams all in one league!
    I have the correct league names and correct standings as in 10/26 etc but all 3 private leagues have the same teams.
    Updated/refreshed the data a few times and still the same.

I just grabbed the free version to see what its like,I will buy it if it wasnt for this glitch!

I got that app you were on about Mr Moon.
    Its putting the same teams all in one league!
    I have the correct league names and correct standings as in 10/26 etc but all 3 private leagues have the same teams.
    Updated/refreshed the data a few times and still the same.

I just grabbed the free version to see what its like,I will buy it if it wasnt for this glitch!

You sure you have the one I'm on about? It's called iFantasy Football by Lorcan O'Toole. Don't think there is a free version! It's white and blue football for the pic!

iffn.jpg

Ahh i have iFFootball!

Sound will try that one!Cheers again!

Is there an app for downloading torrents by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

New Dublin airport app is very good. Live arrivals and departure info, updated every 3 minutes. You can book parking through it. And you can look at airport maps, see where your gate is etc. Great job I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Well, I just found this free video downloader: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-iFunia-Free-Video-Downloader-for-Mac
    but didn't test yet, don't know if it can download torrents by any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Jailbreakers can use dtune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

iControlBits should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

iControlBits should do the job.

That apps gone now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

****,I didn't realise otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it. You can still download it through installous if your jailbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I bought this app

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/dublin-car-parks/id408431693?mt=8

which apparently updates how many spaces are in Dublin car parks in "real-time", it hasn't updated once since I bought it. I sent the creator an email about it, unfortunately this isn't a report app buton so a 1 star review will have to do, last time I ever pay for an unproven app.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Is there anything which allows you to watch Flash Player content.

Just wondering about a radio app...

I have the talksport & bbc radio apps but when they have live commentary of football matches its says 'this broadcast is not available in your region due to broadcasting and copyright agreements'

I know theres other radio apps that access loads of radio stations but what im wondering is do any of these apps bypass this copyright/broadcasting issue in ROI?

Im back!
    Yesterday I loaded up BBC 5 Live & 5 Live Xtra through fStream and got hit with the licensing notice again!Fup it anyhow!!
    THEN,to my absolute astonishment,Today FM cut the feed just as commentary began on Man Utd v B'ham yesterday.
    The feed just cut and wouldnt reload through fStream so i opened the Today FM app and it wouldnt play either!
    :0
    Seriously,why can i listen to it on my car stereo and just about anything capable of receiving FM but yet i cant stream to my iphone??
    Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Im back!
    Yesterday I loaded up BBC 5 Live & 5 Live Xtra through fStream and got hit with the licensing notice again!Fup it anyhow!!
    THEN,to my absolute astonishment,Today FM cut the feed just as commentary began on Man Utd v B'ham yesterday.
    The feed just cut and wouldnt reload through fStream so i opened the Today FM app and it wouldnt play either!
    :0
    Seriously,why can i listen to it on my car stereo and just about anything capable of receiving FM but yet i cant stream to my iphone??
    Madness.
    I'm guessing todayFM only have the rights to broadcast football in Ireland and are too lazy to check where you are connecting to the stream from so they just cut it off for everyone. Satellite channels do the same thing, channel4 on sky will cut off if they are showing glee.

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I'm guessing todayFM only have the rights to broadcast football in Ireland and are too lazy to check where you are connecting to the stream from so they just cut it off for everyone. Satellite channels do the same thing, channel4 on sky will cut off if they are showing glee.

whats this now?fupping hell,didnt know that!
    Newstalk seem to be pulling their coverage too i think.
    Rubbish really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thtats the big bad world of sports broadcasting rights rather than anything else though

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Thtats the big bad world of sports broadcasting rights rather than anything else though

Ya,Ive just conceded this now.Feck it.I do love a live game on the radio.
    Ah well it'll be the justin.tv app anymore to just to watch the games!

Advertisement