Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

And the IronX smells sooooo good! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

Curran wrote: »
    At least you know now, for future! ;)

It's not a sweet shop. Would you expect sweets from Harvey Norman or Lifestyle or whatever? I think you may have mixed them up with another supplier.

I do now.;)
    I didn't mix them up, Lovely man, pity about the closing.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Richard88

Do ye think it is necessary deiron, detar and then clay or would claying alone remove the tar etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Richard88 wrote: »
    Do ye think it is necessary deiron, detar and then clay or would claying alone remove the tar etc?

You should really, I have done very fine tar marks by clay couple times out of laziness but safe in knowledge car was up to date with my cleaning.

The risk was still there though tiny bits tar/general crud just being spread with clay surface and scaring paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

What!?!? :)

2euoqv9.jpg

• Advertisement

bbari wrote: »
    What!?!? :)

2euoqv9.jpg

WTF!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LOL

edburg wrote: »
    WTF!!!!!!

Jealous that you didn't make the list?? :p

Nice to know you are loved, Vectra? :D

Jealous that you didn't make the list?? :p

Lol that was shock, couldn't understand why or how it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Lol that was shock, couldn't understand why or how it was done.

I've seen a few posts about this, thought it was a p!ss take at first but each to their own I guess. Any link as a matter of interest :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I've seen a few posts about this, thought it was a p!ss take at first but each to their own I guess. Any link as a matter of interest :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Oh behind it all I am a very Loveable person LOL

Libra to the backbone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Hear they should have better rates sorted by next week too! ;)
    When are you hoping to get the better rates sorted? Need to order a couple of things but I've been putting it off until I needed some more stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I didn't bother waiting a put through a small order last night :)
    My detailing shed first order :pac:

The one that started the life long problem!

cian1500ww wrote: »
    When are you hoping to get the better rates sorted? Need to order a couple of things but I've been putting it off until I needed some more stuff :D

Just waiting on our new courier to confirm our credit check! Hoping it might have been all systems go today but no word yet!

YbFocus wrote: »

Bankruptcy followed by divorce now. But car be shiny :pac::pac::pac:

Bankruptcy followed by divorce now. But car be shiny :pac::pac::pac:

I might be bankrupt but I'm not married at least :)
    It'll take a lot for my car to get decently detailed!

At least I'll only bring myself down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just waiting on our new courier to confirm our credit check! Hoping it might have been all systems go today but no word yet!

Thats great news Curran hope it helps the business grow and get stronger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I am going to order some ironx and tarx this week. Are these the best to go for? I have used them before and was happy with what they did, but if there are better value products there that do that same thing I would be happy to hear. As 500mls didn't last too long the last time.

I have a black Golf. When I got it I gave it a run with a DA and finishing pad and polish. I then applied some Simoniz car wax. It still comes up great with a quick wash after 15k km. 845 seems to get a lot of love on here, and wondering should I order this too? I think it will be easier applied which is great as the Simoniz nearly killed me. Will results be similar to the Simoniz wax?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I am going to order some ironx and tarx this week. Are these the best to go for? I have used them before and was happy with what they did, but if there are better value products there that do that same thing I would be happy to hear. As 500mls didn't last too long the last time.

I have a black Golf. When I got it I gave it a run with a DA and finishing pad and polish. I then applied some Simoniz car wax. It still comes up great with a quick wash after 15k km. 845 seems to get a lot of love on here, and wondering should I order this too? I think it will be easier applied which is great as the Simoniz nearly killed me. Will results be similar to the Simoniz wax?

Cheers

I'm chancing the 845 after reading about it on here and reading that it loves dark blue!
    I'll have to see what all the fuss is about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

YbFocus wrote: »
    I'm chancing the 845 after reading about it on here and reading that it loves dark blue!
    I'll have to see what all the fuss is about :)

x2 heard nothing but good reviews

NickDunne wrote: »
    x2 heard nothing but good reviews

Yeah i said i had to give it a go!
    Only 23 euro too so won't break the bank :)

Hoping to get at the interior at some stage this week.

Its in a bad state to be fair,what's the best technique to get at the tough spots in between centre console and front seats without removing them.

Was thinking a small paint brush to loosen dry crap and hoover with the attachment .

Yes.
    Collinite 845 8is great stuff.
    Apply very sparingly On bare p[repared paint for best results.
    Place it in a dish of warm water for approx 15 minutes before using to make it as liquid as possible.

For better protection, apply 2 coats 24 hours apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm converted to Collinite 845. I applied it to the Leon last September/October and its still beading. Drying the car after a wash brings it back to a nice shine but it will be reapplied soon.

My technique is to leave the wax in a cup of hot water and put a blob the size of a 2 cent coin on the applicator. Dab the applicator on different spots of the panel and then apply gently. I leave it cure and wipe away and buff. A blob the size of a 5cent coin is enough for the roof.

Good news for myself the missus is after giving up the fags and is really making a go at it this time.

Don't want her going back on them so while I have time I want to try and get rid of the smell of smoke from her Peugeot so when she is driving the urge won't come back

Is a good steaming the best way to go lads or would be better paying someone with the proper kit to do it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Elite Auto Clean will do a good job of that. They will wash the whole interior and then smoke it out with a scent of your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

My latest purchase.

oI4ihYC.jpg

It's missing the spray trigger but it can be bought online. For the time being I'll just use a spray bottle.

60 smackeroonies!

Advertisement